N Carolina-College of Charleston [Archive] - SEC Sports Forum | SEC Basketball | SEC Football

PDA

View Full Version : N Carolina-College of Charleston

Urb Gruber
01-04-2010, 08:56 PM
Anyone watching this game?

bamablazer
01-04-2010, 09:16 PM
I am now. GO CoC!

Urb Gruber
01-04-2010, 09:17 PM
College of Charleston upsets #9 North Carolina. Epic game for C of C

MSU124
01-04-2010, 09:21 PM
Wow. Crazy.

georgiaguy31015
01-04-2010, 09:23 PM
Wow, that's huge and something I never ever would have guessed.

Fatboy
01-04-2010, 09:32 PM
Who won?

Urb Gruber
01-04-2010, 09:34 PM
Who won?

College of Charleston upsets #9 North Carolina. Epic game for C of C

This ^

SkyAntoine
01-04-2010, 09:52 PM
Turd Heels will slip from #9 to #10 in the polls. I hope O'Roy cries himself to sleep tonight.

XPS
01-04-2010, 09:54 PM
UNC had a cople of players out, but, you would think they had enough talent to beat CC...

UK'sRash
01-04-2010, 09:56 PM
Is this kinda like Gardner-webb? Not sure how good CoC is.

Urb Gruber
01-04-2010, 10:01 PM
Is this kinda like Gardner-webb? Not sure how good CoC is.

This team got blown out by 39 at Clemson. However, this game was played at CoC's place.

UK'sRash
01-04-2010, 10:07 PM
I am expecting Clemson to beat UNC by 42 now. Isn't that how you're supposed to judge teams?

GR8NESS
01-04-2010, 10:15 PM
They're a .500 team with an average margin of defeat of 15.

Cuz
01-04-2010, 10:43 PM
College of Charleston Cougars. I like Cougars. :lol:

steelyvan
01-05-2010, 12:16 AM
Cuz, lol!
Cremins getting it done again. CofC actually played a reasonably tuff schedule that may have helped prepare them for this. Or the universe just aligned properly for them.

Storm
01-05-2010, 12:38 AM
:rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf:

KMFA UNC

GR8NESS
01-05-2010, 01:43 AM
Since it's pile on UNC night..

Roy Williams is an asshat (http://ncaabasketball.fanhouse.com/2009/12/20/roys-tongue-commits-unc-turnovers/)
Some quotes:

I'll start with this: In early September, when I was in Springfield, Mass., for Michael Jordan's induction into the Naismith Basketball Hall of Fame, I stayed at the main hotel for the event. Everywhere you looked, you had a splendid Who's Who, ranging from current and former star athletes to celebrities of all kinds.

As I moved along the hallway around the hotel's ballrooms to interview a variety of folks about His Highness, everybody was cooperative -- John Havlicek, Hubie Brown, Wayne Embry -- except for one person.

Yep, that guy. "What are you doing in this area?" said Williams, glaring at me as if I were a Duke fan or something.

Anyway, while still glaring, Williams added, "I don't think you're supposed to be in this area. In fact, I KNOW you're not supposed to be in this area."

The area wasn't off-limits, by the way. A high-ranking NBA official confirmed as much a few minutes later. That same official rolled his eyes when I told him about Williams' comments. We both nearly said in unison that, if Williams didn't wish to discuss Jordan at that time or at any time, he should have just said so.

Instead, Williams delivered a quick answer, which was fine, but this wasn't: He hustled to the elevator with his entourage that included former North Carolina coach Bill Guthridge, and then Williams pointed in my direction, saying, "We're fine now, and I answered your question, but you're not supposed to be in this area."

"Here's what we should know: That classless act by Williams against Presbyterian occurred a couple of weeks after he embarrassed himself by ripping North Carolina fans for not filling the Dean Dome to his satisfaction. No question that, during the 24 years since the rocking days of Carmichael Auditorium, those among the Tar Heel Nation have become a wine-and-cheese crowd for home basketball games. Still, you can't blame them for not wishing to see the sorry likes of Florida International, North Carolina Central, Valparaiso and Gardner-Webb during the early season.

Even so, Williams blasted away in late November after the Tar Heels survived a see-saw affair with Nevada on a night that featured his 600th career victory. He was peeved that the home arena only was half-full at the opening tipoff.

deterp
01-05-2010, 08:18 AM
Cuz, lol!
Cremins getting it done again.

Ol Roy hasn't been around the ACC long enough to learn what other coaches have:

Never underestimate Bobby Cremins!

kentubbybasketball
01-05-2010, 02:52 PM
FWIW, Charleston is maybe the fave in the SoCon now that Steph Curry is gone from Davdison, so it won't be a hugely bad loss for UNC IMO. Cremins has a nice program down there, but I bet Roy won't play there again. It's a game UNC didn't have to play, so I give Roy lots of credit for having the gonads to schedule it.

I guess this puts #2000 back even further for them.

deterp
01-05-2010, 03:21 PM
Roy schedules "cream puffs" early in the season like most every other D-1A coach. Plus the schedules are made out waaay ahead, so I'm sure Roy figured this would be an easy "confidence booster" for his kids coming off the holidays. It would be nice if Roy (and a few others) had the gonads to schedule CoC for next year. Cremins is going to make a difference in the program. While still a "small conference", great things can happen......as they did last night. I'm lovin' it! :D

kentubbybasketball
01-05-2010, 03:25 PM
deterp, Charleston has been respectable for a few years now. Roy is as smart as any coach in the nation. He knew they were gonna be good.

Furthermore, Roy schedules creampuffs? Everybody does. But, I don't think Syracuse, Ohio State, Kentucky, Texas, or Michigan State are creampuffs. Don't let the ACC rivalry keep you from being reasonable on that. And, I probably dislike UNC more than you, but they've had the most ambitious schedule in the nation IMO with Texas.

dnmuga93
01-05-2010, 04:47 PM
I'm gonna defend the Heels.

If you watched the game, neither of the Heels outside shooters (Ginyard and Graves) played last night. That allowed CofC to pack it back in tight around the basket and the Heels shot poorly. They were 1-6 from behind the arc.

Couple that with CofC going 13-32, I'm kinda happy the Heels got it to OT. They were piss poor early on.

I think it will be a long ACC season. The kids are too young and there is little depth in the backcourt.

kentubbybasketball
01-05-2010, 04:59 PM
It's not like the "Heels got it to OT" tho. CoC got it to OT, they were down 65-72 at one point late in the game.

deterp
01-05-2010, 06:06 PM
deterp, Charleston has been respectable for a few years now. Roy is as smart as any coach in the nation. He knew they were gonna be good.

Furthermore, Roy schedules creampuffs? Everybody does. But, I don't think Syracuse, Ohio State, Kentucky, Texas, or Michigan State are creampuffs. Don't let the ACC rivalry keep you from being reasonable on that. And, I probably dislike UNC more than you, but they've had the most ambitious schedule in the nation IMO with Texas.

Ken, I said "most every" coach in the D-1A schedules cream puffs. Roy is better than Ratface when it comes down to it; Roy actually schedules games before the conference season opens. You should see what UMd had! Of course, we also had the Maui to play so I guess Gary kind of evened it out. But UNC expected to win handily. Comments from the baby blue faithful are on the hysterical side. ;)

kentubbybasketball
01-05-2010, 06:22 PM
Obviously so they should have expected to win. 99% of the nation did. With all due respect I didn't see you calling the upset before the game. lol