Time for the Suh show! [Archive] - SEC Sports Forum | SEC Basketball | SEC Football

PDA

View Full Version : Time for the Suh show!

Wave&Dawgs
12-30-2009, 07:14 PM
Been looking forward to this game all day!

Urb Gruber
12-30-2009, 08:07 PM
17-0 Nebraska with 10 minutes to go in the 2nd quarter. Game Over. I don't see Nebraska's D giving up a 17 point lead.

georgiaguy31015
12-30-2009, 08:15 PM
17-0 Nebraska with 10 minutes to go in the 2nd quarter. Game Over. I don't see Nebraska's D giving up a 17 point lead.

Exactly.

Wave&Dawgs
12-30-2009, 09:14 PM
LOL, they put Suh in on offense and he got open in the endzone but the QB didn't throw it to him!

tt54l32v
12-31-2009, 01:02 AM
Was Nebraska really that much better than them?
40 something yards total! and Nebraska stopped themselves better than poor Arizona did.

joehogjoe
12-31-2009, 08:28 AM
Suh looks like he's a dirty player, he got away with all kinds of crap last night.

Wave&Dawgs
12-31-2009, 11:15 AM
Suh looks like he's a dirty player, he got away with all kinds of crap last night.

Linemen are dirty by nature. You kinda have to be a little dirty to survive in the trenches. It's not a place for pansies.

joehogjoe
12-31-2009, 12:14 PM
No, but there is being rough and then there was the crap Suh was doing. He gets away with it too because he's Suh, another dl wouldn't.

Granted he is a great player but I was shocked how good the ohter Neb. dl's were, they won't miss Suh at all next year.

Wave&Dawgs
12-31-2009, 12:22 PM
Hey, if it works for him and it doesn't get called I don't blame him. Do what it takes to win!

ugabrad
12-31-2009, 09:04 PM
I wasn't all that impressed. Two tackles? One for a loss?

Wave&Dawgs
12-31-2009, 09:11 PM
I wasn't all that impressed. Two tackles? One for a loss?

Arizona was double and triple teaming him, more than allowing the other d-linemen to be in the QB's face all day. After all the hype Suh has gotten over the last month, you know Arizona's main gameplan was to stop him, even though it resulted their offense getting completely shut down.

That's why Suh is so good. When teams don't double him, he absolutely reeks havoc. When teams focus primarily on stopping him, that frees his teammates up to have monster games.

If you are judging how he preformed based on his stats, you must not know much about how to judge DT play.

Doyle Hargraves
12-31-2009, 09:30 PM
Arizona was double and triple teaming him, more than allowing the other d-linemen to be in the QB's face all day. After all the hype Suh has gotten over the last month, you know Arizona's main gameplan was to stop him, even though it resulted their offense getting completely shut down.

That's why Suh is so good. When teams don't double him, he absolutely reeks havoc. When teams focus primarily on stopping him, that frees his teammates up to have monster games.

If you are judging how he preformed based on his stats, you must not know much about how to judge DT play.

:cheers:

Dr.SwineSmeller
01-01-2010, 03:07 AM
:cheers:

Nerbraska's defensive showing proves that Texas was able to escape against no doubt one of the nations top defenses, every bit as good as Bama's probably.

SEC'ers seem to think the SEC has a lock on being better than the Big12, but that is a naive assumption. They play pretty dam* tough football in the Big12 too.

Had Florida gotten Texas, as Texas well deserved last season to play for the BCS title, Tebow mgiht only have one BCS ring.

SS

ugabrad
01-01-2010, 11:56 AM

I didn't get to see the game as I was at work, so stats were all I had to go by...