Leach was fired [Archive] - SEC Sports Forum | SEC Basketball | SEC Football

PDA

View Full Version : Leach was fired

GatorMan32
12-30-2009, 01:31 PM
TT's situation has become a real cluster ****.

HIGHTIDES
12-30-2009, 01:34 PM
All to save $800,000. Oh well, they screwed the pooch big time on this one. Malzahn... stay close to your phone!

I think Kentucky may be calling Leach pretty soon.

swampmonster
12-30-2009, 01:37 PM
Heck, UF needs to make a call, quick.

Addazio's posistion is open, after all. :D

RedNekTiger
12-30-2009, 01:39 PM
I would love to see him at LSU. Make him OC this year, HC in 2011, if Miles doesn't learn how to tell time.

GatorMan32
12-30-2009, 01:40 PM
He'll get a HC job.

I agree they fired their best coach in the program's history to save some money. The good news for Florida is this opens things up to try to add Kadron Boone as the last receiver in our class.

Heck Pup
12-30-2009, 01:44 PM
Texas Tech is beyond stupid for pulling this. They immediately caved in to unsubstantiated PC media bull shyte instead of reviewing the actual facts about what went down. Maybe they were just looking for an excuse to let Leach go, but it looks to me like they just dropped to their knees and serviced Craig James and ESPN. I hope the entire Red Raider team gives that James kid a "blanket party" like the one Private Pyle caught in Full Metal Jacket.

I wish there was an alternative to ESPN. They are like a monopoly and have become too powerful when members of their staff can actually control what goes on in an athletic department with their personal grudges.

Why would they want Leach when they have boxvic's personal favorite Joker waiting in the wings?

IllinoisDawg63
12-30-2009, 01:44 PM
HA-so much for the restraining order leach was going to fight in court for.
Now he'll be lucky to not have to fight the family of this kid in court.

GR8NESS
12-30-2009, 01:51 PM

Only if it were as OC, and then it's a very very long shot. The UKAA won't touch anyone with a reputation like this (deserved or not) after the HOBODRUNK basketball fiasco and won't touch anyone with connections to Mumme after the football fiasco.

And going 2/2? Nope.

swampmonster
12-30-2009, 01:57 PM
I guess this reinforces the notion that negative media attention, and propaganda are still king. I guess being upset when the media decides to go on a witch hunt, isn't quite as foolish as certain posters, have tried to make it.

DBS
12-30-2009, 02:00 PM
They are not stupid. The are trying to put a huge PR nightmare to bed quickly.

The damage this can do to the university is far beyond $800,000.

It is the right move (even if the claims prove not to be as bad as claimed).

swampmonster
12-30-2009, 02:05 PM

Agreed.

And they didn't really like the guy to start with, he isn't cowboy enough to suit 'em, and is very opinionated. This is just an excuse.

He can dang sure coach offense though, so he'll land on his feet no doubt.

Heck Pup
12-30-2009, 02:09 PM

So, pleasing Craig James and ESPN is more important than your players, fans, and boosters?

swampmonster
12-30-2009, 02:13 PM
So, pleasing Craig James and ESPN is more important than your players, fans, and boosters?

I'm not agreeing it was right, by any stretch, I don't know about DBS.

The propaganda media, gave us Obama. Just sayn'

Mr. entitlement, Craig James, should be ashamed, at all the uninvolved people he is negatively impacting, with his PR witch hunt.

YR_Tiger
12-30-2009, 02:20 PM
It will cost them more tan $800K. He has a 1.6 clause for firing without cause and he will likely get that.

DBS
12-30-2009, 02:22 PM
It will cost them more tan $800K. He has a 1.6 clause for firing without cause and he will likely get that.

they fired "with cause"

DBS
12-30-2009, 02:23 PM

never said this. but leach's reputation put a unique spin on this. another coach probably would have weathered it better.

HIGHTIDES
12-30-2009, 02:28 PM
The propaganda media, gave us Obama. Just sayn'

And got people to back Bush's warS. Got people to believe that BS explanation of 9/11. Just sayin. Politics is media propaganda these days. It's unfortunate.

YR_Tiger
12-30-2009, 02:29 PM
I USED to be a closet TT fan and most of my neighbors here are TT grads....I hope they go 0-12 next year. This is beyond ridiculous. We are talking about terminating a professionals career over the accusations of one snotty nosed player WITHOUT an investigation.
BTW 10 to 0 James kid transfers to SMU....That's what this was really all about...

RedNekTiger
12-30-2009, 02:32 PM
One of my close friends played ball at TT. OLine.

He is absolutely losing his mind over this. Says it is the biggest travesty he has ever heard of. I think he would beat the crap out of BOTH the James' at this point.

Cuz
12-30-2009, 02:34 PM
One of my close friends played ball at TT. OLine.

He is absolutely losing his mind over this. Says it is the biggest travesty he has ever heard of. I think he would beat the crap out of BOTH the James' at this point.

Man I would pay to watch that. :lol:

Cuz
12-30-2009, 02:37 PM
Is putting someone in a dark room considered torture by the Geneva Convention? Next thing you know some coach will be run off for saying mean things to a player. Coach Paul Johnson, your time is coming.

Urb Gruber
12-30-2009, 02:42 PM
I posted this in another thread, but I'll post it here too. The Texas Tech administration had an axe to grind with Leach. They wanted/had a reason to get rid of him, so they did. I honestly don't think all this is on Adam James. I'm not saying it is right, I'm just saying it went beyond what James is alleging.

AlaGator
12-30-2009, 03:28 PM
I am so glad they fired him. Who knows what he would have done next?

Tennessee
12-30-2009, 03:31 PM
Im normally not a fan of lawsuits, but I hope he sues the **** out of TT and wins

scgamecock312
12-30-2009, 03:42 PM
Im normally not a fan of lawsuits, but I hope he sues the **** out of TT and wins

I completely agree....rep if I can.

TimmyFred
12-30-2009, 05:55 PM
Is putting someone in a dark room considered torture by the Geneva Convention? Next thing you know some coach will be run off for saying mean things to a player. Coach Paul Johnson, your time is coming.

My biggest problem with this whole thing is the whole "dark room" idea. There's been at least one doctor saying Leach did no harm in doing so (reducing light being a benefit to a concussion, after all), and the so called "closet" was actually about the size of a garage. It's ridiculous how much has been made of this.

Even if they did it to save PR attention and $800k, they'll lose a lot more than that in lost ticket sales, lost games, and lost national attention that goes along with both. Leach is the best thing that's ever happened to that team, and firing him was beyond ridiculous.

Just Some Hog Dude
12-30-2009, 06:19 PM
The issue is he seemed to be punishing a kid for not playing with a concussion. If you have been watching the news lately you know concussions are a big deal and not something you want your players trying to play through.

WVUfaninKY3
12-30-2009, 06:43 PM
The issue is he seemed to be punishing a kid for not playing with a concussion. If you have been watching the news lately you know concussions are a big deal and not something you want your players trying to play through.

No the issue was the kid had a history of faking injuries and Leach thought this to be one of those times so he told him to go sit in a dark room for practice.

AURex
12-30-2009, 06:46 PM
Well, everyone is talking here like they know exactly what occurred. I don't. At least, I don't know what occurred with this player. I've read a lot of stories from various papers and blog sites and news sites. From the way I interpret what happened is: The James kid is a slacker and Leach probably thought he was faking the concussion bit like a crybaby, so he punished the kid in a way that wouldn't actually harm him if he did have a concussion, but would get his attention. The kid got on the phone and cried to daddy, who then turned it into a media problem for the university.

So that's what we are seeing in the press.

But that's not why Leach was suspended and then fired.

Having worked in university administration for some years, I know why Leach was fired. Leach had become a liability to the university. There is only so much any administration will put up with. Mango was fired for the same reason. A coach does not get fired for being tough on his players. But if they become the enemy of the administration, refuse to work with administrators, and then get on the wrong side of players and the media as well, it is a prescription for dismissal.

Mangino may have the filthiest mouth and most offensive personality of any human on the planet. He cussed, degraded and bullied his players, but worse, he ran his mouth full force at administrators, alumni, politicians and anyone else within the vicinity, anywhere and everywhere.

Leach is from that same mold, just like Bobby Knight and some other coaches. When a coach begins to believe that he is beyond the "law" of his administrative superiors, when he begins to believe that he can do anything to anyone without consequences because he is indispensable, untouchable, too important to the university, he will be fired. Period.

Leach had set himself up to be fired, just as Bobby Knight did at Indiana, Mangino did at Kansas, Huggins did at Cincinnati, Gillispie did at Kentucky. Like it or not, a coach is still an employee of the university and is not above university supervision. He was not fired because he made a kid stand in a dark room. He was fired for insubordination in all aspects of his relationship with the university, for continuing to make a mockery of institutional oversight of athletics and of him, and repeatedly doing so in the full view of the media, always causing the university to scramble to try to cover for him.

Just like Indiana did with Knight, TT administrators gave Leach a chance. They said, here are some rules you must follow and if you don't sign agreeing to follow the rules, or if you break one of the rules, you'll be fired. Same sort of deal Knight got at Indiana. Knight accepted the terms and continued to coach for awhile longer, until he screwed up again. Leach said screw you boss, I ain't following your rules (some of which were totally impossible for a coach to meet). So boss fired him.

Leach is a bully and an ass, just like Knight. He could file a lawsuit and drag this out as long as possible. To no avail. A university can fire a coach if it wants to. Even if he wins and gets reinstated at some point, it will be but a brief return. The court will agree to a new contract, which has university control far beyond anything he would be able to follow, and he'd be forced out again.

Leach may be a very good football mind and football coach. But there is more to being a head coach than that. Bobby Knight got another chance to coach at a much lesser program. Leach may too. But it will be a very desperate university that would even consider hiring him as a head coach. University administrators will be very leery, and very careful, when it comes to a guy like Leach.

boxvic
12-30-2009, 06:47 PM
Only if it were as OC, and then it's a very very long shot. The UKAA won't touch anyone with a reputation like this (deserved or not) after the HOBODRUNK basketball fiasco and won't touch anyone with connections to Mumme after the football fiasco.

And going 2/2? Nope.

And top of all of that I think Sanders is almost 100% locked in as Joker's OC... so we are pretty much set up for losing seasons for at least the next two years before we look to make a big hire.

YR_Tiger
12-30-2009, 08:01 PM
they fired "with cause"

Yes they did...But of coarse they would and they will find cause with there little internal investigation this week on campus.....
But the only place it matters is in court where this show is headed. And I think Leach will come come out smelling like a rose.
Dollars to donuts he gets at least $1.25 mil in the settlement.

YR_Tiger
12-30-2009, 08:04 PM
And top of all of that I think Sanders is almost 100% locked in as Joker's OC... so we are pretty much set up for losing seasons for at least the next two years before we look to make a big hire.

And it well known that he is old friend of Hal and UK aint touching that with a10 ft pole....

F250MustangGuy
12-30-2009, 08:39 PM
http://i49.tinypic.com/2duxhew.jpg

anyone seen this yet?

Heck Pup
12-30-2009, 08:51 PM
Well, everyone is talking here like they know exactly what occurred. I don't. At least, I don't know what occurred with this player. I've read a lot of stories from various papers and blog sites and news sites. From the way I interpret what happened is: The James kid is a slacker and Leach probably thought he was faking the concussion bit like a crybaby, so he punished the kid in a way that wouldn't actually harm him if he did have a concussion, but would get his attention. The kid got on the phone and cried to daddy, who then turned it into a media problem for the university.

So that's what we are seeing in the press.

But that's not why Leach was suspended and then fired.

Having worked in university administration for some years, I know why Leach was fired. Leach had become a liability to the university. There is only so much any administration will put up with. Mango was fired for the same reason. A coach does not get fired for being tough on his players. But if they become the enemy of the administration, refuse to work with administrators, and then get on the wrong side of players and the media as well, it is a prescription for dismissal.

Mangino may have the filthiest mouth and most offensive personality of any human on the planet. He cussed, degraded and bullied his players, but worse, he ran his mouth full force at administrators, alumni, politicians and anyone else within the vicinity, anywhere and everywhere.

Leach is from that same mold, just like Bobby Knight and some other coaches. When a coach begins to believe that he is beyond the "law" of his administrative superiors, when he begins to believe that he can do anything to anyone without consequences because he is indispensable, untouchable, too important to the university, he will be fired. Period.

Leach had set himself up to be fired, just as Bobby Knight did at Indiana, Mangino did at Kansas, Huggins did at Cincinnati, Gillispie did at Kentucky. Like it or not, a coach is still an employee of the university and is not above university supervision. He was not fired because he made a kid stand in a dark room. He was fired for insubordination in all aspects of his relationship with the university, for continuing to make a mockery of institutional oversight of athletics and of him, and repeatedly doing so in the full view of the media, always causing the university to scramble to try to cover for him.

Just like Indiana did with Knight, TT administrators gave Leach a chance. They said, here are some rules you must follow and if you don't sign agreeing to follow the rules, or if you break one of the rules, you'll be fired. Same sort of deal Knight got at Indiana. Knight accepted the terms and continued to coach for awhile longer, until he screwed up again. Leach said screw you boss, I ain't following your rules (some of which were totally impossible for a coach to meet). So boss fired him.

Leach is a bully and an ass, just like Knight. He could file a lawsuit and drag this out as long as possible. To no avail. A university can fire a coach if it wants to. Even if he wins and gets reinstated at some point, it will be but a brief return. The court will agree to a new contract, which has university control far beyond anything he would be able to follow, and he'd be forced out again.

Leach may be a very good football mind and football coach. But there is more to being a head coach than that. Bobby Knight got another chance to coach at a much lesser program. Leach may too. But it will be a very desperate university that would even consider hiring him as a head coach. University administrators will be very leery, and very careful, when it comes to a guy like Leach.

This is an excellent post, but I must say it would make a whole lot more sense if TT hadn't hired Bobby Knight - the standard by which bad coaching behavior is allegedly measured. If they hired Bobby Knight with full knowledge of what he was all about, then why would they have a problem with anything Leach did?

DBS
12-30-2009, 08:59 PM
Yes they did...But of coarse they would and they will find cause with there little internal investigation this week on campus.....
But the only place it matters is in court where this show is headed. And I think Leach will come come out smelling like a rose.
Dollars to donuts he gets at least $1.25 mil in the settlement.

leach won't get ****. just watch.

and this came to the administrations attention 2 weeks ago (enough time to investigate... then suspend).

if leach got ****ed, it was on his own accord

Bubba
12-30-2009, 09:07 PM
Leach will go somewhere. A the school will be thrilled to have him.

Uk would be a contender with his abilities alone. It'd be awsome to see.

I dnt knw of any vacancies.

georgiaguy31015
12-30-2009, 09:14 PM

That's pretty much how I feel as well.

Heck Pup
12-30-2009, 09:15 PM
Leach will go somewhere. A the school will be thrilled to have him.

Uk would be a contender with his abilities alone. It'd be awsome to see.

UK should hire Leach to run the offense and Mangino to run they defense. They would win a NC in less than three years.

Cuz
12-30-2009, 09:37 PM
This is an excellent post, but I must say it would make a whole lot more sense if TT hadn't hired Bobby Knight - the standard by which bad coaching behavior is allegedly measured. If they hired Bobby Knight with full knowledge of what he was all about, then why would they have a problem with anything Leach did?

So obvious, like the jitterbug, it plumb evaded me. :cheers:

I owe you a rep.

boxvic
12-30-2009, 09:48 PM
UK should hire Leach to run the offense and Mangino to run they defense. They would win a NC in less than three years.

I would hope this program would have nothing to do with Mangina.

Heck Pup
12-30-2009, 10:00 PM
I would hope this program would have nothing to do with Mangina.

But Callipari is OK?

Mangino and Callipari could be the Kentucky Mafia. It would be spectacular.

AURex
12-30-2009, 10:11 PM

They hired Bobby Knight with that ironclad contract that gave administration control, with the explicit "we will fire you if you f**k up even once" clause. That's the kind of agreement they wanted Leach to sign as a condition for reinstating him. He refused to sign it, so "Whack! Goodbye Pirate!"

I don't think wins anything in court. I don't think he has a case that the courts would be sympathetic to.

Bacon
12-30-2009, 10:15 PM

I agree with HH, AURex this is an excellent post

Not sure why Swampy wants to lay this off on the big bad media, it has more to do Leach.

And I'm not going to feel sorry for this guy, because he will land another job and he has a ton of money.

But I'll hold off on judging the James' or Leach until more facts come out. It really is a he said she said thing at this point.

James was on that SMU team of cheaters that screwed Arkansas out of a conference championship, so I don't particularly like him.

The insubordination / bigger than the university itself stuff kind of reminds me of what happened to Nolin Richardson at Arkansas.

AURex
12-30-2009, 10:24 PM
Leach has had a few players step up in his defense, but now there are also players who are saying he deserved what he got. So, again, just like Knight at Indiana. I suppose Mango had some sympathizers too.

You know, you even had players and fans saying Woody Hayes shouldn't be fired after he hit that kid right on TV during a bowl game. It was the heat of the moment, the kid wasn't hurt, blah, blah.

The thing is, they never admit they were wrong. To this day, Knight contends he never did a thing wrong. Hayes never apologized to that kid for hitting him. Mango claims he was snow white's big baby, and Leach will proclaim forever that he never did anything out of line.

They are blind to their faults and arrogant beyond comprehension.

YR_Tiger
12-30-2009, 10:42 PM
leach won't get ****. just watch.

and this came to the administrations attention 2 weeks ago (enough time to investigate... then suspend).

if leach got ****ed, it was on his own accord

I guess we will see but I would put money on the pirate.

ConwayGamecock
12-30-2009, 10:47 PM
He'll get a HC job.

I agree they fired their best coach in the program's history to save some money. The good news for Florida is this opens things up to try to add Kadron Boone as the last receiver in our class.

I'm hearing that USC might also pique Boone's interest....

:)

YR_Tiger
12-30-2009, 11:01 PM
So I just watched ESPNs spill on this and this and they stated "we want to fair" and the only statement got was from some DL I never heard of that said its good that Leach is gone. No other statements from other past and preset player from the majority that think this is complete BS.
ESPN will win the court of public opinion but the $ goes to winner in the court of law....
Glad he will get his money and TT will be bottom feeder once again...
I got nothing against programs that don't want big time football and this is what it looks like the board at TT wants....
But my neighbors who are TT alum have told me they aint sending another dollar to that program..Both of which send $ to TT and done well for themselves...

Heck Pup
12-30-2009, 11:07 PM
I wonder how long Bear Bryant would have lasted under today's media microscope?

Ironic that the network that produced that hunk of garbage film 'The Junction Boys' tried to cash in on behavior 1000 times worse than what Leach did.

Bear almost killed a kid during practices at Texas A&M, and ESPN made that awful movie portraying that type of coaching as honorable - then they run Leach into the ground for putting a kid in a dark room. What a bunch of hypocrites.

ESPN is scum.

DBS
12-30-2009, 11:38 PM
espn is a business, nothing more.

ugabrad
12-31-2009, 12:14 AM
espn is a business, nothing more.

That is a big part of the problem. Today's media considers itself an entertainment business, and forgets its responsibility to the public. Research and report the facts, no more, no less.

Optik
12-31-2009, 12:40 AM
Wow, so Texas Tech just flushed their football program down the $hitter over a marginally talented, inconsequential, whiny crybaby wide receiver? Wow....

Optik
12-31-2009, 12:42 AM
they fired "with cause"

TT is going to be sued over that though...and likely lose.

Heck Pup
12-31-2009, 12:50 AM
Wow, so Texas Tech just flushed their football program down the $hitter over a marginally talented, inconsequential, whiny crybaby wide receiver? Wow....

But... But... But his daddy works for ESPN!!!

Optik
12-31-2009, 12:55 AM
For those who haven't seen it, the Waterboarding Chamber:
http://theangryt.com/wp-content/uploads/texas-tech-shed-1.png

Optik
12-31-2009, 12:56 AM
But... But... But his daddy works for ESPN!!!

Well then! Fellate away, don't let me stop you, Mr. Myers...:rotf:

Cuz
12-31-2009, 01:20 AM

That whiny crybaby reciever has a Momma. And she will not let anybody be mean to her little boy. The nerve of that coach putting her precious in that closet with no internet connection or playstation. Hanging is too good for men like Leach.

Can you imagine if their baby joined the Marines and went to Paris Island?

Cuz
12-31-2009, 01:22 AM
For the good Lord's sake, my fraternity hazing was infinitely worse than "Sweet Baby James's".

tt54l32v
12-31-2009, 02:05 AM
Nobody seems to realize it has nothing to with the kid they just wanted him gone, doesnt matter that threw their good program away to them, he just had to go.

Optik
12-31-2009, 02:28 AM
Nobody seems to realize it has nothing to with the kid they just wanted him gone, doesnt matter that threw their good program away to them, he just had to go.

Yeah, it seems the James' kid situation was just an excuse for TT to railroad the best coach they ever had. It is mind-numbing how badly the AD doesn't want a good football program at that school...:think:

IllinoisDawg63
12-31-2009, 07:44 AM
This is an excellent post, but I must say it would make a whole lot more sense if TT hadn't hired Bobby Knight - the standard by which bad coaching behavior is allegedly measured. If they hired Bobby Knight with full knowledge of what he was all about, then why would they have a problem with anything Leach did?Much as I too disliked Knight(Indiana days), he was still very stern that his players attend class and kept Indiana on the up & up. Sure he hated losing-anyone ever hear the tantrum he gave players when they lost to Purdue once?-it's on youtube.

IllinoisDawg63
12-31-2009, 07:46 AM
For the good Lord's sake, my fraternity hazing was infinitely worse than "Sweet Baby James's".I can ditto that.

Just Some Hog Dude
12-31-2009, 08:06 AM
I can ditto that.

They gave y'all a concussion? I doubt it.

IllinoisDawg63
12-31-2009, 08:22 AM
They gave y'all a concussion? I doubt it.if you knew anything about hazing-we're sworn to secrecy!!

swampmonster
12-31-2009, 12:38 PM
I am so glad they fired him. Who knows what he would have done next?

Won the big12?

LOL, it's funny how, the liberals of this board, are the same people buying, the whole "Leach is worst than a terrorist" angle.

Your liberal media brainwashing is showing.....

WVUfaninKY3
12-31-2009, 01:45 PM
Won the big12?

LOL, it's funny how, the liberals of this board, are the same people buying, the whole "Leach is worst than a terrorist" angle.

Your liberal media brainwashing is showing.....

I'm a liberal and I think Texas Tech is retarded for letting him go. swamp does everything have to go back to politics with you?

rolling baby
12-31-2009, 01:58 PM
Tech made the right decision. Dude is PSYCHO. Who the h3ll locks up a kid b/c he had a concussion? Leach will be luck to get a coaching gig in the NFL after this.

WVUfaninKY3
12-31-2009, 02:00 PM
Tech made the right decision. Dude is PSYCHO. Who the h3ll locks up a kid b/c he had a concussion? Leach will be luck to get a coaching gig in the NFL after this.

He didn't lock up a kid because he had a concussion, he told a player who is known for being a slacker and lazy and faking injuries to go sit in a dark equipment shed because he though this was another moment that James was faking. He didn't put the kid in any danger by doing so either.

rolling baby
12-31-2009, 02:21 PM
Either way, good luck recruiting after that.

swampmonster
12-31-2009, 02:27 PM
I'm a liberal and I think Texas Tech is retarded for letting him go. swamp does everything have to go back to politics with you?

LOL, maybe you're a reasonable liberal, the ones who normally post in the political forum aren't. I think media propaganda effects many things, probably more than we even know.

This whole deal smacks of a witch hunt.

I agree though that Leach was insubordinate if he refused to comply with administration directives. Nobody is bigger than the program, not players like James, and not coaches like Leach.

I also think Leach has a point, nobody likes to be micro-managed.

I think the two parties will be better served apart.

WVUfaninKY3
12-31-2009, 02:39 PM
LOL, maybe you're a reasonable liberal, the ones who normally post in the political forum aren't. I think media propaganda effects many things, probably more than we even know.

I agree though that Leach was insubordinate if he refused to comply with administration directives. Nobody is bigger than the program, not players like James, and not coaches like Leach.

The man was winning, putting fans in the seats, and bringing in money, he didn't put a player in harm there was no need for them to come in and say ok now you need to change the way you do things just because and ****ty ESPN announcers son had his feelings hurt.

swampmonster
12-31-2009, 02:55 PM
The man was winning, putting fans in the seats, and bringing in money, he didn't put a player in harm there was no need for them to come in and say ok now you need to change the way you do things just because and ****ty ESPN announcers son had his feelings hurt

Oh, I agree, I'm fairly conservative, if the guy was doing what he was hired to do, which he obviously was, I don't see them finding an excuse to get rid of him.

But personality clashes, have cost more good men their jobs, than probably anything.

They didn't like him. He didn't fit in. He didn't kiss ass to their satisfaction.

Those three will get you fired, from a lot of jobs, no matter how great the product you produce.

Bama_Man
12-31-2009, 02:59 PM
Oh, I agree, I'm fairly conservative, if the guy was doing what he was hired to do, which he obviously was, I don't see them finding an excuse to get rid of him.

But personality clashes, have cost more good men their jobs, than probably anything.

They didn't like him. He didn't fit in. He didn't kiss ass to their satisfaction.

Those three will get you fired, from a lot of jobs, no matter how great the product you produce.

Swampy I usually laugh off your posts, but your last two lines hit the nail on the head. Not just for this situation, but life as a whole.

People who dont kiss ass usually get the axe, even if they produce. I hate it because I refuse to kiss ass, and Ive lost jobs because of it.

Life is all about buddies in high places and groveling at the feet of the higher ups anymore, makes me sick.

HIGHTIDES
12-31-2009, 03:02 PM
nevermind... not going to waste my time.

AlaGator
12-31-2009, 03:04 PM
I think everybody is happy with the outcome. If they don't want Leach, he will find another job. What could we, in the SEC, possibly care? :blah:

swampmonster
12-31-2009, 03:15 PM
Swampy I usually laugh off your posts, but your last two lines hit the nail on the head. Not just for this situation, but life as a whole.

People who dont kiss ass usually get the axe, even if they produce. I hate it because I refuse to kiss ass, and Ive lost jobs because of it.

Life is all about buddies in high places and groveling at the feet of the higher ups anymore, makes me sick.

Rep.

Kissing a$$ is a art forum. :rotf:

Seriously though, I've always had a problem with it, I was brought up believing working hard, and doing a good job was a ethical necessity. But I've seen many, many people get promoted because they were good brown nosers, with lower work loads, and lower preformance expectations. It's not fair, but life isn't fair. All that you can do is your best, sooner or later, you'll find someone that values hard work, and can see through the BS smoke screen, of the ass kisser elite.

Bama_Man
12-31-2009, 03:49 PM
Rep.

Kissing a$$ is a art forum. :rotf:

Seriously though, I've always had a problem with it, I was brought up believing working hard, and doing a good job was a ethical necessity. But I've seen many, many people get promoted because they were good brown nosers, with lower work loads, and lower preformance expectations. It's not fair, but life isn't fair. All that you can do is your best, sooner or later, you'll find someone that values hard work, and can see through the BS smoke screen, of the ass kisser elite.

swamp we may disagree about football and religion and politics, but we are def. on the same page about life. people who rely on hard work and doing their jobs are far too often passed over for someone's aunts daughters boyfriend's nephew or the kid who brings the boss expensive coffee every morning instead of filling out inventory.

life isnt fair, you hit the nail on the head wit that one.

i got no problem showing superiors all the respect and dignity in the world, but when someone expects me to kiss their ass and grovel at their feet, well then we got problems.

swampmonster
12-31-2009, 03:54 PM
i got no problem showing superiors all the respect and dignity in the world, but when someone expects me to kiss their ass and grovel at their feet, well then we got problems.

A good boss will respect a man of principle.

Find one, and you'll be happy. :)

ugabrad
12-31-2009, 04:44 PM
He didn't lock up a kid because he had a concussion, he told a player who is known for being a slacker and lazy and faking injuries to go sit in a dark equipment shed because he though this was another moment that James was faking. He didn't put the kid in any danger by doing so either.

The reports (unknown as to their accuracy) are that he made sure that the kid couldn't sit. In one instance they say that asst coaches were told to check on him to make sure that he wasn't sitting on the floor and in the other instance the asst coaches were told to remove all chairs from the room where he was sequestered.

Again, I am not saying that these reports are true, just that the reports show somewhat less concern for the well-being of the player in question than you are suggesting...

HIGHTIDES
12-31-2009, 05:05 PM
Pardon me if I'm repeating myself... but I think Leach made one big mistake and that's it... he recruited a p*ssy. The end.

WVUfaninKY3
12-31-2009, 06:23 PM
Pardon me if I'm repeating myself... but I think Leach made one big mistake and that's it... he recruited a p*ssy. The end.

He recruited a high profile slacking p**sy. There, cleared that up a little better for you.

Bacon
12-31-2009, 07:01 PM

And you Swampy, are you a reasonable conservative?
Are most of the others who post in the political forum, are they reasonable conservatives too?

It was nice post though, thought you should know.

Optik
12-31-2009, 07:20 PM
They gave y'all a concussion? I doubt it.

Leach didn't give him a concussion. He just made him sit in the "Tower of Lubbock" for a little while.

Optik
12-31-2009, 07:53 PM

And wasn't the kid accompanied by a doctor and two other assistant trainers in the shed? That is certainly the mark of a man who means harm to the kid.

The nerve of Mike Leach to do something like that and to send doctors and trainers to watch him on the off chance that the primadonna wasn't faking the injury this time. He should be hanged.

In seriousness, TT may win this in the media and court of public opinion, but they are almost surely going to lose this thing in court. It is going to cost them a lot of money and I would be SHOCKED if another coach of any consequence took that job for years after this debacle. I wouldn't want to coach somewhere like that. I also hope that ESPN ends up firing Craig James for this for some reason.

Bama_Man
12-31-2009, 08:21 PM
And wasn't the kid accompanied by a doctor and two other assistant trainers in the shed? That is certainly the mark of a man who means harm to the kid.

The nerve of Mike Leach to do something like that and to send doctors and trainers to watch him on the off chance that the primadonna wasn't faking the injury this time. He should be hanged.

In seriousness, TT may win this in the media and court of public opinion, but they are almost surely going to lose this thing in court. It is going to cost them a lot of money and I would be SHOCKED if another coach of any consequence took that job for years after this debacle. I wouldn't want to coach somewhere like that. I also hope that ESPN ends up firing Craig James for this for some reason.

If it wasnt Adam James, son of Craig James, that this happened to, nothing would have been said.

But C. James wanted to play the big dog and basically got Leach fired because his son, who has no talent, was not playing big minutes.

Im with you, if I felt Leach did wrong I would totally support firing him, but from all indications I have heard, he did nothing wrong and C. James is just being an ass.

If the details come out and Leach did nothing wrong, TT should have to pay big $$$$$'s to Leach, C. James should lose his job and never be allowed to be involved with CFB again.

Bama_Man
01-01-2010, 01:23 AM
Leach was on the late Sportscenter, he said some pretty interesting things.

-Described Adam James for being lazy and having a sense of entitlement, said that those opinions were documented in a number of statements by teammates and position coaches.

-Had a doctor's statement by the doctor who diagnosed James with a concussion, stating Leach had done nothing to worsen James' situation.

-Said Craig James was a pain in his side. Leach said he would call all the time and want to talk about playing time, why A. James was not playing, etc.. He defined C. James as "meddling", calling tons of coaches and the AD, and would come to practice to talk about lack of playing time.

-Leach said C. James was harder for him to deal with than the rest of the TT players' parents combined.

Trying to find a full transcript.

The more the facts come out, the more I support Leach, and really feel like he got a screwjob.

TT trainers said A. James was able to walk around, eat, sleep, etc.. in the closet/space he was in, and said there were no requirements making James stand, contrary to statements made by A. James

Urb Gruber
01-01-2010, 01:37 AM

-Described Adam James for being lazy and having a sense of entitlement, said that those opinions were documented in a number of statements by teammates and position coaches.

-Had a doctor's statement by the doctor who diagnosed James with a concussion, stating Leach had done nothing to worsen James' situation.

-Said Craig James was a pain in his side. Leach said he would call all the time and want to talk about playing time, why A. James was not playing, etc.. He defined C. James as "meddling", calling tons of coaches and the AD, and would come to practice to talk about lack of playing time.

-Leach said C. James was harder for him to deal with than the rest of the TT players' parents combined.

The more the facts come out, the more I support Leach, and really feel like he got a screwjob.

Mike Leach and his staff did absolutely NOTHING to discourage that behavior. Nothing. If he is lazy, why play him? Why let him even dress? Why keep giving him a scholarship? Why keep him around the program for 3 years? You don't reward someone if they don't deserve it.

3 Years, 3 F***ING years, and ML still allowed him to see the field, despite his poor work ethic. That lack of common sense right there is a fireable offense.

/Rant

Bama_Man
01-01-2010, 01:57 AM
Mike Leach and his staff did absolutely NOTHING to discourage that behavior. Nothing. If he is lazy, why play him? Why let him even dress? Why keep giving him a scholarship? Why keep him around the program for 3 years? You don't reward someone if they don't deserve it.

3 Years, 3 F***ING years, and ML still allowed him to see the field, despite his poor work ethic. That lack of common sense right there is a fireable offense.

/Rant

TBH, I am almost positive he sees the field and was kept on scholly because of his dad and donations to the school. If he had cut A. James, Craig James would have gotten on TV and made a bigger mess than Leach and TT are already in, IMO

Djshockley3
01-01-2010, 02:04 AM
I agree with Leach. Tech was looking for any reason to get rid of him, Adam James sounds like a punk who did not like Leach. I hope this really destroys Tech in the end.

Urb Gruber
01-01-2010, 02:22 AM
TBH, I am almost positive he sees the field and was kept on scholly because of his dad and donations to the school. If he had cut A. James, Craig James would have gotten on TV and made a bigger mess than Leach and TT are already in, IMO

I have a hard time believing that Leach won't step on CJ's toes, but will give the proverbial finger to the Administration, whether in contract negotiations or talking to other schools.

That being said, if Adam James asked to be able to transfer to SMU (like I've read on other message boards), I can see that being plausible. Leach is a stickler about not allowing players to transfer to other Big 12 schools, other Texas schools, or Future Opponents. I suppose Leach is paranoid that the transfer student will tell his new team all about the plays, but a friggin 5 Year old kid knows what Texas Tech is gonna do. They're going to throw the ball 1000 times a game.

Leach could have avoided all this by a) Not signing James in the first place or b) Granting his transfer, even if it was to SMU. Potentially losing a game is light years better than what he is in right now.

Bama_Man
01-01-2010, 03:03 AM
its a whole different scenario if james wanted to transfer and leach wouldnt let him, unless smu is on the schedule in the next, however many years james would have left, one?

Dr.SwineSmeller
01-01-2010, 03:46 AM
...But it will be a very desperate university that would even consider hiring him as a head coach. University administrators will be very leery, and very careful, when it comes to a guy like Leach.

Do they have a college football league in Cuba?

Castro would love this guy...:leak:

SS

TimmyFred
01-01-2010, 08:55 AM

TT trainers said A. James was able to walk around, eat, sleep, etc.. in the closet/space he was in, and said there were no requirements making James stand, contrary to statements made by A. James

It sounds like the interview he gave ESPN was much the same as the one he gave the New York Times (http://www.nytimes.com/2010/01/01/sports/ncaafootball/01leach.html?ref=sports).

Urb Gruber
01-01-2010, 01:02 PM
its a whole different scenario if james wanted to transfer and leach wouldnt let him, unless smu is on the schedule in the next, however many years james would have left, one?

Yes, just one year left if he were to transfer.

swampmonster
01-02-2010, 09:07 AM
And you Swampy, are you a reasonable conservative?

Sure, I don't go around neg-repping people, and telling them to "keep their politics off this board".

Reasonable liberals and conservatives can agree, free-speech, makes this country great.

I may not agree with what you have to say, but I will defend to the death, your right to say it.

Mike Leach, says whatever he wants, and that, got him fired.

Tennessee
01-03-2010, 02:37 PM
Did yall see the TT game last night? The fans were letting James have it bad with chants, signs, etc...Of course Patrick and Davie did all they could to say Leach wrong, but I loved the fans getting all over James

Tennessee
01-03-2010, 02:42 PM
http://a323.yahoofs.com/ymg/ept_sports_ncaaf_experts__30/ept_sports_ncaaf_experts-11419672-1262537971.jpg?ym0DmdCDOhbWpZ.c

WouldE
01-03-2010, 02:58 PM
I think TT overreacted. And they DEFINETLY acted too quickly with the obvious motive of not paying out his bonus due a few days after his firing.

If I were a head coach, I would be very leery of leaving anywhere to go to TT.

Bacon
01-03-2010, 03:12 PM
Leach is a fruitcake.
What kind of idiot sends a guy into a closet for a cacussion?

georgiaguy31015
01-03-2010, 03:32 PM
Leach isn't innocent here. He's already been caught in a lie when he told ESPN he didn't make the decision to put James in a dark place but evidencce proves otherwise according to ESPN.

F250MustangGuy
01-03-2010, 03:55 PM
Leach isn't innocent here. He's already been caught in a lie when he told ESPN he didn't make the decision to put James in a dark place but evidencce proves otherwise according to ESPN.

Evidence? As in other people's statements?

As hostile as the TTU-Leach relationship was, I wouldn't be surprised if Tech gave these guys some incentives to portray Leach in negative light.

I guarantee you that if Skip Holtz did something similar to a player, ESPN would back Holtz 100%

georgiaguy31015
01-03-2010, 04:01 PM

As hostile as the TTU-Leach relationship was, I wouldn't be surprised if Tech gave these guys some incentives to portray Leach in negative light.

I guarantee you that if Skip Holtz did something similar to a player, ESPN would back Holtz 100%

Yea sworn affidavits or however you spell it. I doubt Texas Tech would do that people would find that out and that could lead to criminal charges for a lot of people.

Bacon
01-03-2010, 06:17 PM

Conspiracy theory? Are you serious. How about a coach that made a bad decision and it came back and bit him in the butt. Happens all the time, and not just with coaches.

People put these guys an an altar because of their football genius, but then forget that they are only human. When you watch the Leach interview, it doesn't take much to see that he is lying about the situation. He may be great with X's and O's, but not so much with telling a good lie.

2008 National Champions
01-04-2010, 05:10 AM
I hope he never coaches again.

Just Some Hog Dude
01-04-2010, 06:21 AM
I think the fact that the players don't support Leach says a lot about the situation. Players will support a hard azz if they know he has their best interests in mind. I guess the Tech players didn't feel that way about Leach. This is an important thing for coaches to understand.

swampmonster
01-04-2010, 10:04 AM
Let's be realistic, people will back the employers posistion, if they want to keep their jobs.

Beyond that, the statements don't really expose anything we didn't already know.

He put the kid in a "closet" the size of a garage, as horrible as that sounds, I still fail to see the injury that resulted from the "mis-treatment", other than hurt feelings.

He cursed at the kid, where's the injury?????

I don't approve of cursing, but I never had a coach that didn't curse me.

Again, there is no room in football, for worrying about hurt feelings.

Maybe the kid should join the knitting team.

swampmonster
01-04-2010, 10:06 AM
I think the fact that the players don't support Leach says a lot about the situation

Some support him, some don't, that doesn't "prove" anything.

Optik
01-04-2010, 10:46 AM
I think TT overreacted. And they DEFINETLY acted too quickly with the obvious motive of not paying out his bonus due a few days after his firing.

If I were a head coach, I would be very leery of leaving anywhere to go to TT.

I completely agree with that, WouldE. Congrats on the Rose Bowl, btw.

I hear Tubbs is interested, but that could just be rumors. If true though, TT needs to hire him yesterday. He is the only coach that is possibly on the table for them that is an upgrade from Leach. If they miss Tubbs now, they won't get another shot and they will never get a shot at a better coach than him. Leach will forever be the best coach they had if that rumor is true and they don't move now.

Optik
01-04-2010, 10:53 AM
Some support him, some don't, that doesn't "prove" anything.

Exactly, anyone thinking that his players don't support him is just listening to ESPN and ignoring everyone else. Along with the higher-than-we-want-to-think chance of them losing their scholarships if they come out too loudly in support of Coach Leach, the statements attacking him don't really mean much at this point, IMO.

Optik
01-04-2010, 11:02 AM
Did yall see the TT game last night? The fans were letting James have it bad with chants, signs, etc...Of course Patrick and Davie did all they could to say Leach wrong, but I loved the fans getting all over James

http://a323.yahoofs.com/ymg/ept_sports_ncaaf_experts__30/ept_sports_ncaaf_experts-11419672-1262537971.jpg?ym0DmdCDOhbWpZ.c

Same here, that is one of the BEST signs I have ever seen at a CFB game. :rotf::rotf:

That woman deserves a trophy.

Adam James deserves all the boos and chastisement he gets from this. He will transfer to SMU next year because Daddy has more influence there and can make sure he gets on the field. Maybe, not sure how much of a pushover June Jones will be in that department. :think:

Optik
01-04-2010, 11:05 AM
Good article ripping ESPN and CJ for the debacle this has turned into.

ESPN leaving itself open for criticism with handling of Leach dispute
David Moulton

NAPLES — I could be wrong, but ...

This Craig James and his son vs. Mike Leach story is going to have major ramifications.

Forget the Texas Tech part of it. The Red Raiders fired Leach. He will sue for damages. They will likely compromise and settle. Been there, done that.

But Craig James was not just a parent complaining to Leach about his son’s playing time and how he was being treated by the coaches. He works for ESPN.

James was originally assigned by ESPN to cover the bowl game that Tech was in, until they put him on television to talk about his son’s issue. You see any other fathers being given airtime on ESPN to talk about coaches’ treatment of their sons?

Of course not. Because it’s ridiculous.

Phil Simms never ripped Jon Gruden when he wanted to cut his son Chris, 10 months after Chris Simms nearly died from a lacerated kidney suffered during a game. Do you think Phil Simms thinks good things about “Chucky?” Doubt it. But that’s personal. Phil has to be objective when covering the NFL. Do you think CBS would invite and then allow Phil to rip Gruden about a family matter? Of course not.

But ESPN invited James on. Until Leach was fired, the James side of the story was the only one they seemed to care about.

James is all but done as a college football broadcaster at ESPN. No coach will trust him, respect him, nor the network, if he is assigned to do their games. By the time Leach shares whatever he might have on James berating him for not playing his kid more, James will be looked upon quite unfavorably by college football fans.

More than that, ESPN’s decision to pick a side in this dispute shows that the sports world needs another media superpower.

Where once ESPN was enough, now it is obvious they have agendas and they can not be trusted. Until recently the thought of competition for ESPN would have brought merely laughter (or drug testing).

I mean, who could possibly challenge ESPN?

Comcast.

Comcast has just as much money, controls a few hundred million dollars in yearly revenue for ESPN and just happens to be buying NBC. Comcast also operates Versus and several regional sports channels. That’s a player!

Comcast can compete dollar-wise for broadcast rights for any sports programming and can buy into channels that ESPN cannot, like NFL Network and Big Ten Network.

But far more importantly, as with Fox News in the mid ’90s, the sports fan and the sports world are hungry for another voice. Another side of the story to be portrayed.

ESPN has been overplaying its hand for a while. In the past, it was usually limited to get you to watch the network’s programming. Now ESPN wants to determine whether certain coaches should stay or be fired?

This is not going to happen overnight but the virtual sports monopoly made a big mistake. And Comcast is just the player to make them pay.

It will not be easy, but if Tiger Woods can be torn down to size, so can ESPN.

I don't love Comcast, but PLEASE let this happen.

The ridiculous soap opera that Craig James and his little boi have turned this into being the nail in the coffin would just make it that much sweeter.

Heck Pup
01-04-2010, 11:16 AM
Good article ripping ESPN and CJ for the debacle this has turned into.

I don't love Comcast, but PLEASE let this happen.

The ridiculous soap opera that Craig James and his little boi have turned this into being the nail in the coffin would just make it that much sweeter.

That was a great article. I hate to quote myself, but it echoes my sentiments exactly from post #6 of this thread:

Maybe TT were just looking for an excuse to let Leach go, but it looks to me like they just dropped to their knees and serviced Craig James and ESPN.

I wish there was an alternative to ESPN. They are like a monopoly and have become too powerful when members of their staff can actually control what goes on in an athletic department with their personal grudges.

IllinoisDawg63
01-04-2010, 12:08 PM
I don't what the situation is for who next HC may be-are the hiring internally? I wonder if they would go after Skip Holtz at E. Carolina?

Optik
01-04-2010, 12:09 PM
I don't what the situation is for who next HC may be-are the hiring internally? I wonder if they would go after Skip Holtz at E. Carolina?

If ESPN has any say in it they well may.

F250MustangGuy
01-04-2010, 12:49 PM
Conspiracy theory? Are you serious. How about a coach that made a bad decision and it came back and bit him in the butt. Happens all the time, and not just with coaches.

People put these guys an an altar because of their football genius, but then forget that they are only human. When you watch the Leach interview, it doesn't take much to see that he is lying about the situation. He may be great with X's and O's, but not so much with telling a good lie.

Bobby Knight hit a player on television while he was at Texas Tech, he didnt get fired or suspended. In fact, TTU stood up for him. But Bobby Knight also didnt have a dirty contract dispute with the university.

YR_Tiger
01-04-2010, 03:36 PM
Bobby Knight hit a player on television while he was at Texas Tech, he didnt get fired or suspended. In fact, TTU stood up for him. But Bobby Knight also didnt have a dirty contract dispute with the university.

But you are forgetting Bobby Knight did some work for ESPN between his time a IU and TT...

F250MustangGuy
01-04-2010, 06:05 PM
But you are forgetting Bobby Knight did some work for ESPN between his time a IU and TT...

yeah, I was mostly talking about the Texas Tech side of things, the only difference here is the admins had a good relation with BK and not so good with ML.

Earlier I pointed out had this been Skip Holtz and some nobody player, they would be talking baout how great Skip is and how the kid is a *****

2008 National Champions
01-04-2010, 07:08 PM
He put the kid in a "closet" the size of a garage, as horrible as that sounds,

I heard it was 10' x 4'. What kind of garage is that?

I still fail to see the injury that resulted from the "mis-treatment", other than hurt feelings.

He cursed at the kid, where's the injury?????

On the flip side, I don't see the gain in making the kid stand up in a closer for suffering a concussion.

Is this supposed to make him immune to concussions?

Teach him a lesson to never get concussed?

Again, there is no room in football, for worrying about hurt feelings.

Football is a game, it's not war. The kid wasn't being trained to be a Navy SEAL who might be tortured by the enemy. He was learning how to play a game, a somewhat dangerous game, but a game nonetheless.

His role as a football player does not mean he should expect such treatment for the terrible act of suffering a concussion.

TimmyFred
01-05-2010, 12:33 AM
I heard it was 10' x 4'. What kind of garage is that?

From the previous page, the closet/garage in question:

http://theangryt.com/wp-content/uploads/texas-tech-shed-1.png

On the flip side, I don't see the gain in making the kid stand up in a closer for suffering a concussion.

Is this supposed to make him immune to concussions?

Teach him a lesson to never get concussed?

He showed up for practice in his street clothes and sunglasses knowing that all injured players are expected to dress, even it's just in shorts and tshirt. Undoubtedly, he'd had enough with having to listen to James' daddy all the time, and the street clothes was the last straw. It was a punishment, absolutely, but one that a freaking doctor has said did no harm.

Football is a game, it's not war. The kid wasn't being trained to be a Navy SEAL who might be tortured by the enemy. He was learning how to play a game, a somewhat dangerous game, but a game nonetheless.

His role as a football player does not mean he should expect such treatment for the terrible act of suffering a concussion.

Play to win or get off the field. It doesn't matter if it's "just a game." Any game worth playing is worth winning.

Bacon
01-05-2010, 01:26 AM
He put the kid in an electrical room. He's lucky he didn't get his azz kicked by James' father. People defending Leach by calling out ESPN, James, or James' son need to have their heads examined. I mean sure, there is always media spin, sure the kid was lazy, sure James interfered. Have all of that. But still, he put the kid in an electrical closet. Why the kid went in is beyond me. What kind of person orders a kid placed in an electrical closet? The kind with a bad contract just asking to be fired, that's who.

WVUfaninKY3
01-05-2010, 05:14 PM
He put the kid in an electrical room. He's lucky he didn't get his azz kicked by James' father. People defending Leach by calling out ESPN, James, or James' son need to have their heads examined. I mean sure, there is always media spin, sure the kid was lazy, sure James interfered. Have all of that. But still, he put the kid in an electrical closet. Why the kid went in is beyond me. What kind of person orders a kid placed in an electrical closet? The kind with a bad contract just asking to be fired, that's who.

The kid never was put in an electrical closet, the kid said that's where he went. The trainer specifically stated that he put him in a media room, there is a closet in that room but he wasnt forced into it and never entered.

Dollar Theater
01-05-2010, 05:28 PM
ESPN looks like garbage for the way they've handled this story. Every interview is completely one-sided, every segment is one-sided. During the Arizona-Nebraska game, after it was just announced he was fired, they played funeral music in the background during Leach's statement. Completely unprofessional. ESPN sucks hard.

rolling baby
01-05-2010, 05:54 PM
If I had the money, I would launch an alternative to ESPN.

Heck Pup
01-05-2010, 06:02 PM
ESPN looks like garbage for the way they've handled this story. Every interview is completely one-sided, every segment is one-sided. During the Arizona-Nebraska game, after it was just announced he was fired, they played funeral music in the background during Leach's statement. Completely unprofessional. ESPN sucks hard.

I guess they feel all high and mighty since they can decide who gets a HC job now.

ESPN is supposed to report - not CREATE sports news.

They suck, but they are like a heroin dealer - you have to come back to get your fix of college football.