Isn't this the same fan base that made fun of UGA's death? [Archive] - SEC Sports Forum | SEC Basketball | SEC Football

PDA

View Full Version : Isn't this the same fan base that made fun of UGA's death?

Optik
12-24-2009, 02:04 PM
Wow...a lot of these fans cracked jokes about "just a dog" dying when UGA passed, but now they are getting all emotional about their hunk-of-junk CAR?

Iowa fans, Georgia Tech needs your help

Posted on Dec 22, 2009 by Mike Hlas.

Without traditions, college football would merely be beefed-up behemoths blasting each other into a state of blotto.

Well, a big Georgia Tech tradition needs a few dollars to make it to the Orange Bowl. Brother and sister, can you spare a dime?

Georgia Techís Ramblin WíReck, part of the schoolís lore since 1916, will lead the Yellow Jacketsí football team onto the Land Shark Stadium field for the Orange Bowl on Jan. 5, but only if funding is secured to transport the 1930 Ford Model A to Miami for the event.

From the Rambliní Reck Club (yes, different spelling):
Transporting the Rambliní Reck is costly. Currently, the Driver must find a rental truck big enough to tow the Reck in its trailer. The Class of 1984 generously donated the funds to purchase a truck that can tow the trailered Reck properly, but it is not scheduled to arrive on campus until later this spring. The cost to rent a truck for the Orange Bowl is $1,000 plus gas, an amount that will take a significant chunk out of the Reckís finances. We are asking you to help get the Rambliní Reck, our mascot, to Miami and to the Orange Bowl. It has been years since the car has made trips of great distance to fulfill its duty of leading the team onto the field, and the account has not been properly prepared for such a venture.

This site will tell you how to donate to make sure the Wreck gets to Miami.

You know you want it there if youíre a Hawkeye fan. You do not want to play Georgia Tech if itís anything less than at full-strength.

So pay heed to this from the Rambliní Reck Club:

the Rambliní Reck makes its money solely from appearances. It receives no money from the Athletic or Alumni Associations and is maintained on behalf of the student body solely by the Rambliní Reck Club who is also responsible for making sure the Reck gets to where it needs to be. The Reck needed to be in Tampa for our first outright ACC Championship since 1990, and the Reck must be in Miami for our first Orange Bowl appearance since 1967 and our first BCS bowl game ever. We need your financial support to help get it there.

Itís not too late to return those overpriced, unnecessary Christmas presents and send the money to Atlanta instead. Georgia Tech without the Rambliní Wreck is, well, just Georgia Tech.

http://gazetteonline.com/blogs/the-hlog/2009/12/22/iowa-fans-georgia-tech-needs-your-help

The Ramblin' Reck Club can't keep $1500 in the bank? Sounds like they need to hire some accountants...:think:

Cuz
12-24-2009, 03:01 PM
Somebody call the Clampetts and see if Tech can borrow their truck to pull the trailer.

If the Ramblin Reck is secured in it's trailer does that make it "Trailer Trash"?

F250MustangGuy
12-24-2009, 03:44 PM
They could always do the "Rambling TI-83"

georgiaguy31015
12-24-2009, 04:03 PM
That made me smile lol.

BigBamaFan
12-24-2009, 04:18 PM
Wow whats more stupid............

Needing 1500 to get a car to the orange bowl from a major university.Or begging for the money from the fan base you about to play.

Herchel
12-24-2009, 04:19 PM
Younger Dawg fans seem to be more interested in UF. Not so for people like me. Yech can eat ***** and die.

Dawg4life
12-26-2009, 04:25 PM
They will get 0.00$ from me. I hope Iowa fans ignore this.

Heck Pup
12-26-2009, 04:33 PM
Do not give these nerds a single dime Iowa - they are treacherous scum. Any time Tech loses is a great day for America.

http://i419.photobucket.com/albums/pp280/sicemdogs/F625307.jpg

"We can fix a Model A..."

"Too bad we can't afford to haul the piece of **** to Miami..."

HeyBulldog
12-26-2009, 04:50 PM
Younger Dawg fans seem to be more interested in UF. Not so for people like me. Yech can eat ***** and die.Same here. Even if we lost the first eleven games of the season, it would have been a successful year by winning that twelfth game.