The new Irish coach is.... [Archive] - SEC Sports Forum | SEC Basketball | SEC Football

PDA

View Full Version : The new Irish coach is....

TIDE_gainer
12-10-2009, 04:16 PM
...Brian Kelley according to the news coming out right now.

GatorMan32
12-10-2009, 04:29 PM
Wonder how this will impact Cincy for the Sugar Bowl. Best part is there is no "dream job" that can lure Urban Meyer away from Florida. I don't believe in boogeymen and did not worry that ND can come in and take him. Will just be nice not to read about it and now other coaches have lost that chip to play in recruiting against us.

Herchel
12-10-2009, 04:37 PM
Wonder how this will impact Cincy for the Sugar Bowl. Best part is there is no "dream job" that can lure Urban Meyer away from Florida. I don't believe in boogeymen and did not worry that ND can come in and take him. Will just be nice not to read about it and now other coaches have lost that chip to play in recruiting against us.

This means your lock win is now get a second mortgage and bet on UF.

rolling baby
12-10-2009, 05:11 PM
Cincy prob. saw this coming....only so long a coach of his caliber can put up with pathetic facilities.

WVU lost Rich Rod to UM and still kicked OU's @$$ in the Fiesta.

Btw, called this over a year ago just like the Anthony Grant to Bama deal. Damn, I'm good.

Just Some Hog Dude
12-10-2009, 05:19 PM
That's too bad. I was hoping he would stay at Cincy. I feel sorry for steppingstone programs. Cincy had a chance to build something special.

Storm
12-10-2009, 05:50 PM
I hope he's ready to sport XXXXXL hoodies for a couple years...

onlyfrbama
12-10-2009, 05:54 PM
Congrats to the Irish on the hire. Wonder who will fill Kelley's spot at Cincy? Got to wonder who they look at.

Storm
12-10-2009, 05:55 PM
between RR and Kelley, next years Michigan/ND game should be about 58-57.......LOL

Dawg in Dallas
12-10-2009, 06:06 PM
Cincy prob. saw this coming....only so long a coach of his caliber can put up with pathetic facilities.

WVU lost Rich Rod to UM and still kicked OU's @$$ in the Fiesta.

Btw, called this over a year ago just like the Anthony Grant to Bama deal. Damn, I'm good.

Two words...

Terry Grant.

onlyfrbama
For some reason I really feel that Michigan will roll ND next year. RR is getting his talent in and I think it pays off next year with a solid year and a bowl.

onlyfrbama
Two words...

Terry Grant.

??????? A backup running back?

Dawg in Dallas
12-10-2009, 06:10 PM
RB knows what i am talking about. His prediction record isn't as flawless as it seems.

Texaubie
12-10-2009, 06:51 PM
Very quick.

Curious to see if there is a stink bout them not interviewing and considering African Americans... or if that is a south only thing.

Storm
12-10-2009, 06:53 PM
that is an excellent question

Bubba
12-10-2009, 06:58 PM
wonder if he can recruit to ND?

joehogjoe
12-10-2009, 08:28 PM
Very quick.

Curious to see if there is a stink bout them not interviewing and considering African Americans... or if that is a south only thing.

that in itself is racist.

If a coaches best quality is that he's black, then he doesn't have many great coaching qualities at all.

msukb591
12-10-2009, 08:48 PM
ND is one of the NCAA's greatest coaching challenges. If that's what a coach wants, it is a dream job. Best of luck to Kelley.

Dollar Theater
12-10-2009, 08:52 PM
Three Cincy players - including the team's elected MVP - walked out of Kelly's team meeting today. Said they didn't want to hear him and hopes he just goes on to Notre Dame.

Pretty terrible timing for the Bearcats. Players are pissed off and hurt, coaches are scrambling. Florida's going to rip them worse than they were going to before.

georgiaguy31015
12-10-2009, 08:53 PM
I told yall it would be Kelly lol. It will be interesting to see how he does at ND but as of now I think they made the right choice.

msukb591
12-10-2009, 09:53 PM
I think that cheapens the game a little bit for Florida. Rack em with 70 gators.

OffThePorch
12-10-2009, 10:03 PM
im glad its over & Nick/Urban stay in the SEC..

Bubba
12-10-2009, 10:17 PM
How long you think Kelly lasts?

Retired, fired, or hired. (away to another school)

I think he retires at nd. If he can get it to a prestigous stage again.

2008 National Champions
12-10-2009, 11:09 PM
"He went for the money," Gilyard told The Associated Press. "I'm fairly disgusted with the situation, that they let it last this long."

Players weren't told of Kelly's decision until the banquet ended, nearly three hours after the news first broke. A few blinked back tears as they left.

"We already knew what he was going to say. We weren't giving him a round of applause or anything," tight end Ben Guidugli said. "It's like somebody turned their back on us. We brought this whole thing this far. We've come this far. To have someone walk out now is disappointing."

Storm
12-10-2009, 11:58 PM
it's the age of money. People wonder why kids declare early. who do they have to look to? the coach who leaves the high and dry?

rolling baby
12-11-2009, 08:02 AM
it's the age of money. People wonder why kids declare early. who do they have to look to? the coach who leaves the high and dry?

That's why you'll never see Saban trying to talk a sure high rounder into staying at his program. Btw, who doesn't leave for better money? Cincy should've upgraded their facilities ALONG time ago. You reap what you sow.......

Btw, I think Cincy should give Gus Malzahn a look or even make a pass at Skip Holtz.

YR_Tiger
12-11-2009, 09:38 AM
Congrats ND you just hired another Offensive coordinator...bad hire IMO

bleedorange1983
12-11-2009, 12:03 PM

Kelly pulled a Petrino.

onlyfrbama
12-11-2009, 05:59 PM
Very quick.

You have a great point, of course that has yet to be mentioned and never will.

Just Some Hog Dude
12-11-2009, 06:18 PM
Kelly pulled a Petrino.

Petrino actually took a pay cut to coach the Razorbacks.

Bubba
12-11-2009, 06:57 PM
Petrino also came into a better situation.

Kelly left a good situation.

Petrino is NOT an NFL coach, and came back to college. screw the ppl crying over him leaving early. theyre grown men. they can cry all the way to the bank.

fodive
12-11-2009, 07:44 PM
I wish him the best. He is a good football coach and everything George O'Leary was for ND only not a liar. I think it is a testament to him as a coach how upset his players are that he is leaving...

Storm
12-11-2009, 07:50 PM
mmmmm, I don't think they were upset THAT he was leaving, it was HOW he was leaving was the vibe I got.

georgiaguy31015
12-11-2009, 08:46 PM
I wish him the best. He is a good football coach and everything George O'Leary was for ND only not a liar. I think it is a testament to him as a coach how upset his players are that he is leaving...

I think Kelly is twice the coach that O'Leary was. O'Leary never impressed me much.