Phillip Fulmer a candidate for Louisville opening [Archive] - SEC Sports Forum | SEC Basketball | SEC Football

PDA

View Full Version : Phillip Fulmer a candidate for Louisville opening

Dollar Theater
12-02-2009, 02:12 PM
Former Tennessee head coach Phillip Fulmer has made it perfectly clear over the past few months that he has an itch to return to the sidelines.

According to a Tennessee television station, Louisville has begun the process of scratching that itch.

Citing an unnamed source, WVLT-TV is reporting that Fulmer met with Cardinals athletic director Tom Jurich for a half hour on Tuesday about the opening.

There were no details on how the meeting went, or if further discussions will take place in the near or distant future.
http://collegefootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/12/02/fulmer-in-play-for-louisville-opening/

Interesting.

UK'sRash
12-02-2009, 02:13 PM
http://collegefootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/12/02/fulmer-in-play-for-louisville-opening/

Interesting.

He knows how to beat UK which is a must for this job. lol

Coal_UGA
12-02-2009, 02:22 PM
I'd roll the dice with Charlie Strong personally but Fulmer would be a big name coach, in fact he would be the the biggest name in the Big East.

Bubba
12-02-2009, 03:20 PM
does fulmer really wanna get back into coaching that bad?

its a good job, but i see him as more of a big 12 guy. id go with Strong.

Heck Pup
12-02-2009, 03:56 PM
does fulmer really wanna get back into coaching that bad?

Yes - which is a shame because I like his TV commentary.

georgiaguy31015
12-02-2009, 04:24 PM
It's very interesting but in the end I think Louisville will pick Strong.

IllinoisDawg63
12-02-2009, 05:01 PM
Fulmer deserves some consideration for these coach openings. I'm kind of surprised, ND should look at Charlie Strong-tell Urban to FO. Northwestern's
Pat Fitzgerald would would be a great fit too someplace.

PowerT98
12-02-2009, 05:35 PM
It's very interesting but in the end I think Louisville will pick Strong.

I can see your point but if things don't work out in a few seasons would'nt Strong be harder to part ways (get rid of) than with Fulmer? These days everything has to be considered when hiring a new face for the team, including pre-nup type details.

georgiaguy31015
12-02-2009, 08:08 PM
I can see your point but if things don't work out in a few seasons would'nt Strong be harder to part ways (get rid of) than with Fulmer? These days everything has to be considered when hiring a new face for the team, including pre-nup type details.

Sure he probably would and I didn't think of that but I think a lot of people myself included feel the game has passed Fulmer by.

GR8NESS
12-03-2009, 03:55 PM
30 minutes?

That's like the equivalent of an interview to be a Walmart door greeter.

Rocky@theTop
12-03-2009, 04:00 PM
Fulmer is near 60 and no "name" program is going to look seriously at him.

georgiaguy31015
12-03-2009, 08:21 PM
In my opinion this is Strong's job to decide whether he wants it or not.

Optik
12-03-2009, 11:48 PM
I think it is Strong's job. It would be a good job for him to take, Bobby P showed that you can build a good team there that can win the BE every year and the name is still good. The rumor I heard is that he has in fact already taken the job, but they are waiting until next Tues. or Wed. to announce, so that it won't be a distraction for the SECCG. I have a strong feeling that rumor just might be true.