Got This From the Notre Dame Board/Regarding BOB STOOPS!!! [Archive] - SEC Sports Forum | SEC Basketball | SEC Football

PDA

View Full Version : Got This From the Notre Dame Board/Regarding BOB STOOPS!!!

Nkemdiche4Heisman5
12-02-2009, 02:57 PM
I put this here so everyone can see it and than later hopefully a mod can move it. This is what's being said. I can't account for the veracity other than it came from a friend of mine who went to ND twice.

From our premium ESPN board (Irish Sports Daily). . . .

I can report to you today that Bob Stoops has not only agreed in principal to a deal but has actually signed the contract earlier today. I suspect a press conference will be called for Friday but it depends on how Stoops wants to approach OU.

This is not from a 'source'- I am the source. My brother works at the agency that has worked behind the scene since shortly after the Pitt game. No academic restrictions were lifted- insulting for anyone to raise that issue. The terms of the contract are straightforward and will not be discussed openly and will not be released publicly. I can tell you the issue centered about guaranteed money which is something we were concerned with but we have access to this required money and at this stage we will not be left short of our goals because of money- that was a fault of Mr. Kevin White.

Stoops desire to come to Notre Dame is an effort to build back ND like he did at OU. The talent is there and Stoops sees his legacy in more of restoring luster than maintaining programs. Stoops has been the ONLY target ND has reached out to. Brian Kelly, etc have never gotten a call from the agency or ND. From what I was told- Meyer had his chance back in 2005 and that ship has sailed. Stoops reportedly said "Bring on USC" when he signed the deal.

ps- I dont need more friends or 'phantom supporters' from a message board. I report this to you today because I have the information and ND could use a shot of good old fashion 'good news'. I signed up today to provide this information and after the press conference on (I think Friday- could be Saturday) I will leave this site.

Welcome Coach Stoops.

Well I guess he won't have to worry about losing anymore BCS games :rotf:

Bubba
12-02-2009, 03:01 PM
wow, if true.

Stoops can recruit nationally and do somthing with the talent. Good thing he got out of playing TX.

should be a good fit for him, ND is already loaded, now all he has to do is produce and maintain recruiting efforts.

YR_Tiger
12-02-2009, 03:07 PM
This guy is an idiot and this is why...

"Stoops desire to come to Notre Dame is an effort to build back ND like he did at OU. The talent is there and Stoops sees his legacy in more of restoring luster than maintaining programs."

Bubba
12-02-2009, 03:09 PM
YR, theres plenty of talent in ND, weis was a great recruiter. he just couldnt do anything with it as strange as that sounds.

Nkemdiche4Heisman5
12-02-2009, 03:46 PM
Yeah, ND has some serious talent...especially on offense. Weis just couldn't get a defense going.

UK'sRash
12-02-2009, 04:02 PM
If stoops comes both clausen and tate stay. He will make them really good.

GatorMan32
12-02-2009, 04:14 PM
Stoops coached under Spurrier and I think agrees with the philosophy of only staying some place so long. I don't really care who else ND hires, its just nice people finally accept that Urban is staying at Florida.

Bubba
12-02-2009, 04:24 PM
reb, gotta ask.

why did you use the cry/sad face as the thread logo? :rotf:

are you a closet OU fan, or worried about ND getting good?

rolling baby
12-02-2009, 04:42 PM
Cool, Bob Oops will be choking at ND instead.

georgiaguy31015
12-02-2009, 05:28 PM
I just got through reading that Kelly out of Cincy is the guy at ND and that a contract has been agreed to. So, who is right?

Just Some Hog Dude
12-02-2009, 05:55 PM
Stoops emphatically denied this yesterday.

Storm
12-02-2009, 06:18 PM
don't matter, if Golden Tate and Clausen leave, and I think Floyd is gone too, ND is done next year. Doesn't matter who they bring in.

RedNekTiger
12-02-2009, 06:24 PM
Cool, Bob Oops will be choking at ND instead.

Big Game Bob. :rotf:

Tennessee
12-05-2009, 12:40 PM
So, he has signed a contract with ND, yet is still coaching at OU, and nobody has any problems wuth that? Im not buying that. Stoops may end up at ND, and may have already come to a tentative verbal (which i still doubt), but IMO, no way has he already signed a contract

Storm
12-05-2009, 12:43 PM
according to about 6 different websites, Notre Dame already has about 6 different coaches signed to contracts.

I've stopped listening to everything.

Bubba
12-05-2009, 12:48 PM
according to about 6 different websites, Notre Dame already has about 6 different coaches signed to contracts.

I've stopped listening to everything.

man, talk about making a splash. if they have dual HCs or even multiple, WATCH OUT they will be a force to reckon with! on coaching power alone!

too bad they couldnt even win with Jesus as HC.

Optik
12-05-2009, 01:10 PM
No Bob Stoops, offered and rejected.

No Kirk Ferentz, offered and rejected.

No Jim Harbaugh, he has turned them down.

No Gary Patterson, never got to offer before he signed extension with TCU and told ND no thanks.

No Brian Kelly, offered and signed extension with Cincy instead.

Brian Billick's name was on the table...it is not anymore, I don't know why.

From what I am hearing the actual possibilities are Randy Edsall (UConn HC), Skip Holtz (ECU HC), Bret Bielema (Wiscy HC) is also someone they want to speak with after his return from the Hawai'i game tonight. I know the Edsall interest is real, the other could be rumors.

Bubba
12-05-2009, 01:19 PM
ND has become more of a laughing stock now days than lane kiffin.

they need a national recruiter to be anything. and one who can do somthing with the talent they have.

Storm
12-05-2009, 01:21 PM
who would want to inherit a team full of players who possibly voted AGAINST going and playing in a bowl game.

georgiaguy31015
12-05-2009, 07:16 PM
I know I'm an idiot but I still believe it's Kelly's job and I would be absolutely stunned if he's not named the HC.

Bubba
12-05-2009, 07:35 PM
Yall better not discount my theory, at one time the catholic church had 2 popes. Could be an omen

georgiaguy31015
12-05-2009, 10:19 PM
ESPN is reporting a "source" is saying that ND COULD name a coach as early as tomorrow. Stoops told a Tulsa paper that he wasn't going to be the new coach at ND and I believe him. Here's what I'm thinking, ESPN wouldn't announce that unless they believed it so I believe they are right ND will name their coach tomorrow. I also believe that coach is Kelly but we shall see.

DecaturDawg
12-05-2009, 10:45 PM
Stoops coached under Spurrier and I think agrees with the philosophy of only staying some place so long. I don't really care who else ND hires, its just nice people finally accept that Urban is staying at Florida.

Do you really think Urban stays? Just asking. Keep hearing some folks say he is ready to go pro. Don't know much about it, though, other than what I hear.

Storm
12-06-2009, 01:36 AM
i don't think Urbans style would fit in the pro's. JMO

Optik
12-07-2009, 09:42 PM
Check out this article on the ND Scout site. Writer is talking about 4 additional coaches that he thinks ND should be looking at, I didn't see any of the names, but the picture for the article had me almost falling out of my chair laughing at these Domers. :shake:

http://i285.photobucket.com/albums/ll59/NicolaeUGA/ndRichtlol.jpg

Like thats going to happen...:rotf:

REBEL5 AC
12-08-2009, 05:05 AM
I love "______ could be named as early as *insert day here*" reports from ESPN. That means Notre Dame could name a coach from today until the end of time? Really? Excellent reporting.

I don't see Stoops leaving. I see Brian Kelly's Mayflower moving trucks headed to South Bend.

deterp
12-08-2009, 02:50 PM
Kelly is going to "listen" to ND today. He's informed his current team that he's doing so.
http://www.uhnd.com/articles/football/brian-kelly-interview-tuesday-5796/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+uhnd+(UHND.com+-+Notre+Dame+Football)