Bowden Announcing Retirement [Archive] - SEC Sports Forum | SEC Basketball | SEC Football

PDA

View Full Version : Bowden Announcing Retirement

Bamadan
11-30-2009, 07:29 PM
According to ESPN:

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=4701625

Storm
11-30-2009, 07:32 PM
just saw that......how long before JoePa follows suit?

Bamadan
11-30-2009, 07:34 PM
No telling, Storm. The difference is clear between JoePa and Bowden. Penn State is ranked and have returned to prominence while FSU is mired in mediocrity.

georgiaguy31015
11-30-2009, 07:42 PM
Wow, I never would have thought that. I figured they would have given him one more year.

IllinoisDawg63
11-30-2009, 08:31 PM
By tomorrow, the question all commentators will then be taunting: "Mark Richt, having had his worst season at UGA, will CMR be heading back to FSU?" We know it's coming-reporters are ignorant.

georgiaguy31015
11-30-2009, 08:33 PM
By tomorrow, the question all commentators will then be taunting: "Mark Richt, having had his worst season at UGA, will CMR be heading back to FSU?" We know it's coming-reporters are ignorant.

No way that happens not with Fisher there. If Fisher wasn't there I'd agree but since he is no way in my opinion.

IllinoisDawg63
11-30-2009, 08:43 PM
No way that happens not with Fisher there. If Fisher wasn't there I'd agree but since he is no way in my opinion.GG-I'm sure it's not, but the ignorance of reporters, they will throw that question out. Just like how when Bobby Knight was fired at Indiana, it was only hrs that Steve Alford(then Iowa's BB coach)blatantly told them he had no desire to go to his alma mater.

Cuz
11-30-2009, 08:47 PM
Dadgum.

Djshockley3
11-30-2009, 10:58 PM
Good he needs to go.

msudawgs1964
12-01-2009, 01:51 AM
Wow, I never would have thought that. I figured they would have given him one more year.

well they kinda did if you think about it.

he was given two options..

1. retire
2. come back but as an ambassodor for FSU, basically a figure head with no real input into the day to day operations of the program...much like Joe Biden. :rotf:

I think he made the right choice.

Urb Gruber
12-01-2009, 01:56 AM
I think it's sh*tty what FSU is doing/did to Bobby Bowden. If you don't want him just tell him. The man gave you 34 years of Football and 2 National Titles and what do you do?

Thanks for the everything you did now Leave or take a diminished role. So much for loyalty:doh:

Just another reason to dislike Free Shoes University

deterp
12-01-2009, 08:11 AM
No way that happens not with Fisher there. If Fisher wasn't there I'd agree but since he is no way in my opinion.

Fisher has a clause in his contract that says if he's not head coach by 2011 FSU owes him a ton of money.
Looks like Bowden is finally going to hang it up (Phew!) and Fisher will be named HC. Might be good for the program, but then if Fisher is going to carry the Bowden philosophy onward it's like there's no change at all and Fisher will be out within a year or two.

Gatorbabe
12-01-2009, 08:27 PM
I like Spurrier's comments on it :D Notice how he still says we....

"It was pretty good most of the time as far as good, clean football," Spurrier said. "There was the one year they kept knocking quarterbacks out and bragging about it, and that was a little upsetting to me. But anyway, that was just one year. We had good games. We won a fe...w. They won a few. Everyone says we one the one that counted the most."See More

AlienBeans
12-01-2009, 11:27 PM
Finally the master of corruption leaves felony state. I hate the way bowden ran his program. Mickey andrews teaching players to play dirty, and bowden obviously condoning it or it would have been corrected. I can't stand that program. It's been quite fun watching it sink into the grave where it belongs. That program is dead and if felony state fans believe Fisher is the one to bring it back, you are in for a rude awakening. The offense at fsu the last few years should tell you all you need to know. Fisher will be gone from fsu within the next 4 years.

BigBamaFan
12-02-2009, 12:18 PM
Like Bowden or not its a sad day for College football.this is the man that took FSU from nothing and built it into a power then he is shown the door by the same program he built.I agree it was time for him to leave but with a guy that has done so much for a program you let him call his own shot not force him into it.

RedNekTiger
12-02-2009, 12:52 PM
Loved watching Bowden give an interview. He could "Aw Shucks" with the best of them.

swampmonster
12-02-2009, 01:09 PM
God bless him for his faith.

Otherwise, never had much use for him as a coach.

Too many dirty tricks tolerated....too much bad blood.

Swindle in the Swamp, Ernest Graham knee twist, Late hitting Danny.

Yeah, too much bad blood.

I think FSU, should have let him go out on his own terms, what difference does 1 year make? FSU will still suck next year, with or without him.

2008 National Champions
12-03-2009, 02:50 AM
If GT wins the ACC and the Chik Fil A Bowl takes VT then the Gator Bowl will invite FSU to play WVU (his previous job).

I will go to that game to cheer on the glorious Mountaineers, hope Bobby loses his last game, and to take part in some history.

Go Jackets!