beautiful.

JOIN A CONFERENCE YOU IRISH IDIOTS!

IllinoisDawg63
11-29-2009, 03:36 AM
beautiful.

JOIN A CONFERENCE YOU IRISH IDIOTS!Which? Conference USA?:rotf::rotf:

RedNekTiger
11-29-2009, 08:49 AM
Not C-USA. Not really the competition level they need to succeed.

Maybe the Sun Belt would let them in. :)

Bamadan
11-29-2009, 09:52 AM
Make them join the Big Ten, and they'll have guaranteed losses to Penn State, Ohio State and Michigan(yes, Michigan) every year!! That would be too hard for ND!! They like the easy route to the BCS, so the Big East would be the logical choice, but then they would lose to Pitt, Cincy, WVU, and UConn every year. Most of all, they would have to share their greed with the rest of the conference, not to mention their NBC contract, so they stay an Indy.

DawgNBama
11-29-2009, 10:52 AM
Yes, Notre Dame DOES need to join a conference. However, I think it would be in ND's best interest to go with the Big East as opposed to the Big Ten. More private schools in the BE, and private schools seem to have similar goals and values. NBC contract not worth as much as it used to be, IMO. Every BCS conference just about, plus the MWC and C-USA (even the Naval Academy) has their games televised now. About the only conferences ND can use the NBC leverage against would be against the MAC, WAC, and Sun Belt.

msutiger
11-29-2009, 10:54 AM
I started laughing when I saw Clausen's eye

WouldE
11-29-2009, 11:16 AM
More private schools in the BE, and private schools seem to have similar goals and values.

When it comes to athletic conferences, every school/conference has the same goal: $$$.

With the current deal they have with the BCS and NBC I think ND is best off as staying independent. However, if they keep losing like this I think those deals will eventually go away. Then, I think it's best for ND to join the Big Ten. More money, more exposure, better competition, better traditions....and geographically, they're in Big Ten territory.

Bubba
11-29-2009, 01:03 PM
:rotf:

i really dont think any conference would let them in. theyve been snobbs for soo long, ppl just dont give a damn about ND.

let'em rot.

28buckeye28
11-29-2009, 08:26 PM
let'em rot.

Perfectly said.

Storm
11-30-2009, 12:12 AM
about the only good thing during Michigan's bad run is watching Notre Dame be just as bad.

deterp
11-30-2009, 06:55 AM
ppl just dont give a damn about ND.

Then why is ND a continual topic at this forum?
Look, schools come and go, conferences come and go. I can remember when the only football conferences that gained national attention were the Big 10 (minus Penn State) and the Big 8 (the forerunner of the Big 12). Even the PAC10 was considered a "minor" conference, still relying on the Rose Bowl to attract people outside of the west coast states to watch their football teams.

ND does play Big 10 schools, particularly Purdue. Some of the scheduling is ND's problem, some of it is that for ages and ages the Big 10 schools didn't want to play a "powerhouse" team like ND with national TV showing the inadequacies of the Big 10. So as an independent ND started some "traditions" of their own; Purdue, Navy, BC etc.

Just as Navy has come to shine the past year or so, they'll fade back to darkness as before. Same with ND or most any other school. Yes, Charlie will probably be gone and maybe that's a good thing. But a coach can only do so much. He tries to find the best kids for his system and hope it all works out.

I've got a feeling that once again ND is back on the "de-emphasize the football program" kick, tho the administration isn't about to admit that.

CShine
11-30-2009, 07:26 AM
Then why is ND a continual topic at this forum?

No one around here is going to apologize for making fun of a team that gets the richest TV contract in the entire nation even when it sucks azz.

Why does an irrelevant game like Notre Dame vs. Navy get televised nationwide? Could it be that Notre Dame is purely a TV phenomenon without a good team to back it up?

Notre Dame sux and they've sucked forever. Everyone knows it.

deterp
11-30-2009, 07:50 AM
Why does an irrelevant game like Notre Dame vs. Navy get televised nationwide?

Probably because ND has one of the largest alumni associations going and more BWB-type fans than any other school in the nation. Those folks spend money, both nationally and locally, boosting grocery sales, local bars/restaurants and even church attendance. And if Navy is the only military school being shown that weekend, they garner the military viewers. Any SEC school should be so lucky. ND is kind of like Duque or G'town or UNC but on a much larger base.
Eat your hearts out, SEC fans. We in Big 10 country do.

LSUTigers1404
12-31-2009, 09:49 PM
I don't think ND should join the Big 10 or the Big East. Those conference already take a lot of flack for being weak. Notre Dame joining them would bring them down even more.

DBS
01-01-2010, 09:23 AM
I don't think ND should join the Big 10 or the Big East. Those conference already take a lot of flack for being weak. Notre Dame joining them would bring them down even more.

QFT :cheers: