Cameron Indoor Stadium [Archive] - SEC Sports Forum | SEC Basketball | SEC Football

PDA

View Full Version : Cameron Indoor Stadium

g8rphish
11-22-2009, 10:34 PM
hot damn...that's a fun place to see a game. i got to go to the Duke-Maryland game last season, and went to the Radford game yesterday. that crowd is amazingly fun to be around. I'm a Gator through-and-through, but when it comes to Triangle-area teams, i'll pick the blue devils over the heels or wolfpack any day of the week...that place is hands-down one of the coolest sporting venues i've ever had the privilege of experiencing.

dnmuga93
11-22-2009, 10:54 PM
CIS is overrated. The Dookies have started believing their own press.

BluegrassBelle
11-23-2009, 05:15 AM
It's the size of a high school gym! It's a tiny filthy room filled with 9,200 bags of ****.

http://i777.photobucket.com/albums/yy51/TaylorLC04/Sports%20Hate/dukeowned.jpg

http://i777.photobucket.com/albums/yy51/TaylorLC04/Sports%20Hate/dukeuk.jpg

deterp
11-24-2009, 07:47 AM
You have the name wrong also. ;)

Any place where the fans rush the floor after a defeat to "protect the logo", well, the fans just aren't quite carrying all the bricks of the load.

g8rphish
11-24-2009, 10:33 AM
lol...their fans are ridiculous, and some of the biggest dorks i've ever seen -- but seeing as i'm pretty impartial, it's just a really fun place to see a game.

SkyAntoine
11-24-2009, 10:45 AM
I have the same feeling reading this thread as if you originally posted the following...

Went to Cameron Indoor Stadium this weekend. It's awesome! A complete safe haven for pedophiles that pack the place to molest children and practice devil worshipping sacrifices of elderly people. My grandmother was sacrificed, but hey...it's a great place and fun to be around. Long live the Devil!!

No...I'm serious. Same feeling...

g8rphish
11-24-2009, 11:02 AM
:rotf: rep for that...

Rocky@theTop
11-24-2009, 11:24 AM
I have a hard time believing anything can top Allen Fieldhouse.

SkyAntoine
11-24-2009, 12:31 PM
http://i777.photobucket.com/albums/yy51/TaylorLC04/Sports%20Hate/dukeuk.jpg
Belle, I actually have the original sign from the 1992 UK-Duke game that started the D/E X-out thing. Got it on eBay and it came from one of the guys from Nicholasville that was at the game. I'm working on getting it signed by the Unforgettables as we speak so I can frame it.

Here's a pic of it in my office that I sent to John Pelphrey...

http://usera.ImageCave.com/SkyAntoine/IMG00008-20091110-1638.jpg

BluegrassBelle
11-28-2009, 02:12 AM
OMG that's awesome Sky! Did you see the auction they had for the piece of floor that Laettner made 'the shot' from? I hope whoever bought it set it on fire or took into to some insane voodoo practitioner to have it cursed.

This is a strange question but do you remember Roger Hardin who played for UK like in the eighties or whenever. Well he had a son named Joe and at one point was suing the KHSAA because they said he was school shopping his son to try and get playing time. It was a big story around lexington but then it was like it disappeared and I never knew what happened or what the verdict was. I know Roger was like insane about getting Joe playing time and having Joe play college ball but I have always wondered if he accomplished that. Random question lol but it popped into my head and I figured if anyone would know it would probably be you.

Your office is awesome! I am sure Pel will sign for you, I have only met him twice but my friends father was friendly with him and he was nice to my other friends who asked for autographs at parties or whatever, so I imagine that you can get it signed pretty easy at the game.

I would love it if Coach K would agree to play the Cats. He is such a whiny little baby he hides in Cameron with a pack of morons who do his bidding every game. I'm glad we can spread the truth of the evil that lurks in North Carolina!

deterp
11-28-2009, 07:43 AM
I would love it if Coach K would agree to play the Cats. He is such a whiny little baby he hides in Cameron with a pack of morons who do his bidding every game. I'm glad we can spread the truth of the evil that lurks in North Carolina!

Belle, Ratface refuses to let his wife come to ComCast because it's "hostile". And DIS isn't? :eek:
I think a game between Duque and UK would be ideal but only if it's played in a neutral stadium. United Center in Chicago comes to mind as an example. Maybe the arena in Atlanta or Pittsburg. Then we can hear both coaches complain about the stadium affecting the game. ;)

Watch Rat during a TV broadcast. Notice how his hand is always over his mouth. Know why? He claims is to no one can pick up the plays he's calling. Those who know Rat and/or have sat near the Duque bench during a game know the real reason. Want to take a guess as to what that reason is?

SkyAntoine
11-28-2009, 08:49 AM
OMG that's awesome Sky! Did you see the auction they had for the piece of floor that Laettner made 'the shot' from? I hope whoever bought it set it on fire or took into to some insane voodoo practitioner to have it cursed.

This is a strange question but do you remember Roger Hardin who played for UK like in the eighties or whenever. Well he had a son named Joe and at one point was suing the KHSAA because they said he was school shopping his son to try and get playing time. It was a big story around lexington but then it was like it disappeared and I never knew what happened or what the verdict was. I know Roger was like insane about getting Joe playing time and having Joe play college ball but I have always wondered if he accomplished that. Random question lol but it popped into my head and I figured if anyone would know it would probably be you.

Your office is awesome! I am sure Pel will sign for you, I have only met him twice but my friends father was friendly with him and he was nice to my other friends who asked for autographs at parties or whatever, so I imagine that you can get it signed pretty easy at the game.

I remember Roger but hadn't heard about that with his son. Kenny Walker is my all-time fave Cat and Roger played at the same time as him.

Not sure if I would want a piece of that floor. I always liked the sign I bought because it was one of the bright spots in a game that I consider to be the worst single moment of my life. I just found a shirt on Cafe press the other day that says "I Still Hate Laettner". I may buy it just for the satisfaction of it.

irishmaniac18
12-02-2009, 01:20 PM
CIS is a crappy place but the energy and size of it make the game of basketball great in there.

UK'sRash
12-02-2009, 01:25 PM
Belle, I actually have the original sign from the 1992 UK-Duke game that started the D/E X-out thing. Got it on eBay and it came from one of the guys from Nicholasville that was at the game. I'm working on getting it signed by the Unforgettables as we speak so I can frame it.

Here's a pic of it in my office that I sent to John Pelphrey...

http://usera.ImageCave.com/SkyAntoine/IMG00008-20091110-1638.jpg

One day i hope to have an office that rivals the coolness of this one, but i know it wont happen. lol