South carolina "last four in" [Archive] - SEC Sports Forum | SEC Basketball | SEC Football

PDA

View Full Version : South carolina "last four in"

gmecockrugby
03-06-2009, 10:13 PM
on the new bracketology USC comes in at a 12 seed with the last 4 teams in....kentucky and florida were both left out, tenn and lsu were the other two teams in.....what are everyone's thoughts on what usc needs to do to stay in..... a win over uga enough? or will we have to win one in the sect

msudawg4life
03-06-2009, 10:27 PM
so 3 teams from the SEC? wow...that is just sad.

BergeLSU
03-07-2009, 01:40 AM
I'm pretty sure they will give the SEC a 4th team out of pity.

Edit: The sad thing is that the 15-16 seeds are much worse than UF/UK/Auburn/Miss State.

Dawg
03-07-2009, 03:10 AM
The SEC will NOT only get three teams, and I strongly believe it will get five.

MSUado
03-07-2009, 11:25 AM
The SEC will NOT only get three teams, and I strongly believe it will get five.

No way. I think four.

gmecockrugby
03-07-2009, 05:12 PM
yea i def dont think 5....i hope bc i know for sure usc is top 5 but i HIGHLY doubt it...im seein 3 probably 4

SCfan804
03-07-2009, 05:23 PM
whew... today should put us in beyond a doubt. Another win in the SECT would def help our seed though

gmecockrugby
03-07-2009, 05:41 PM
haha i dont know if i wanna have a higher seed.....i want a 12 playing the odds that one has won each year the past 10 and plus if we win the first game I wouldnt want to play unc or another 1 seed...but i guess im gettn greedy i just hope we get in

SECgamecock453
03-07-2009, 05:43 PM
LSU
Tennessee
South Carolina
Auburn

And maybe Florida.

Optik
03-07-2009, 08:01 PM
on the new bracketology USC comes in at a 12 seed with the last 4 teams in....kentucky and florida were both left out, tenn and lsu were the other two teams in.....what are everyone's thoughts on what usc needs to do to stay in..... a win over uga enough? or will we have to win one in the sect

Beating UGA means nothing, we only matter when we beat you. Like in UK and UF's cases, they are probably out because they lost to us, but if they had beat us then it would mean nothing. USC is still on the bubble, I think they get in with a good showing in the SECT. If they go out in the first round though, then NIT here they come.

SCfan804
03-07-2009, 08:21 PM
Beating UGA means nothing, we only matter when we beat you. Like in UK and UF's cases, they are probably out because they lost to us, but if they had beat us then it would mean nothing. USC is still on the bubble, I think they get in with a good showing in the SECT. If they go out in the first round though, then NIT here they come.

Disagree... I think we're in at 21 wins regardless of what happens now. We'll see in a week I guess.

Optik
03-07-2009, 08:26 PM
Disagree... I think we're in at 21 wins regardless of what happens now. We'll see in a week I guess.

You probably know better than me, basketball is not really my sport. I only follow it toward this end of the year. I think all you need is a single win in the SECT and you are in, though. I could be wrong, I am still trying to get a good look at the "big picture".

SCfan804
03-07-2009, 08:30 PM
I read somewhere that a 10 win team from the SEC has never been left out of the field- not sure about the validity of that statement, but encouraging none the less.

Optik
03-07-2009, 08:45 PM
I read somewhere that a 10 win team from the SEC has never been left out of the field- not sure about the validity of that statement, but encouraging none the less.

No doubt...read anything like that about 3 win teams? Maybe? I hope? :sad2:

VanderbiltPride
03-08-2009, 12:40 AM
SC should be a lock. Just win the first game in the SECT to remove any doubts.