Anyone else see Vandy winning the SECT? [Archive] - SEC Sports Forum | SEC Basketball | SEC Football

PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else see Vandy winning the SECT?

SECgamecock453
03-06-2009, 12:59 PM
They have been red hot lately and with that play, I don't know if anyone in the league could beat them in the tournament. It would be there only shot to get into the NCAAT, so the players know that too. I'm rooting for Vandy to make it all the way if we get knocked out (and we will).

XPS
03-06-2009, 01:01 PM
They have been red hot lately and with that play, I don't know if anyone in the league could beat them in the tournament. It would be there only shot to get into the NCAAT, so the players know that too. I'm rooting for Vandy to make it all the way if we get knocked out (and we will).

No faith in the cocks anymore?

SECgamecock453
03-06-2009, 01:03 PM
F*ck faith, this is basketball and I'm a realist. We're not going to win the SECT. We're down and I don't think the intensity level is where it was at throughout the season. We are just not balanced enough or have the depth to win the SECT. I'm realistic about it and I would hope that most others could see where I'm coming from.

SkyAntoine
03-06-2009, 01:08 PM
God, I hope not...

VandyChuck
There was definitely a different style of play (more freelance than structured) implemented over the last week, according to Stallings. It seems to have worked. If AJ stays this read hot, where he's scoring and reading double teams as well as I've EVER seen him, we should be tough to beat.

Don't like seeing UT in the 2nd round, if we get there, though. They just kind of had our number this year.

orange&white
I can't see Vandy playing well 4 straight games, but they have been playing solid of late. I think the winner comes from LSU, Auburn, and Tennessee.

XPS
03-06-2009, 01:09 PM
Chuck, has Vandy EVER won the SEC tournament?

VandyChuck
03-06-2009, 01:09 PM
God, I hope not...

I knew it was you, Sky...YOU BROKE MY HEART

XPS
03-06-2009, 01:10 PM
Tenn would be my guess, Pearl has done a masterful job getting this team to come together at the right time...

VandyChuck
03-06-2009, 01:11 PM
Chuck, has Vandy EVER won the SEC tournament?

Gee whiz, man. You act like 1951 was SOOOOO long ago.

VandyChuck
03-06-2009, 01:12 PM
If we beat Arkansas (who has been a thorn in our side lately) by a good amount, I'll feel pretty confident about it.

steelyvan
03-06-2009, 01:14 PM
XPS, i'm seeing UT doing well too. But keep in mind USC has not been playing great defense recently. It will be interesting to see if any SEC team can play lock-down D vs UT, and how they respond. Easier said than done.

VandyChuck
03-06-2009, 01:16 PM
I think the motivation is there for our guys to play UT well if we get there. UT's players don't respect us, and probably don't have any reason to.

XPS
03-06-2009, 01:17 PM
XPS, i'm seeing UT doing well too. But keep in mind USC has not been playing great defense recently. It will be interesting to see if any SEC team can play lock-down D vs UT, and how they respond. Easier said than done.

That's true, but the win at Fla was impressive...

orange&white
03-06-2009, 01:18 PM

Yeah I still think Kentucky would give UT all kinds of problems, but Florida and South Carolina try to play agressive man to man and a face paced game when UT has better athletes. They are both great matchups for the Vols. Still they have only lost a combined 3 home games and UT has been two of them. Really they controlled both games through out.

SkyAntoine
03-06-2009, 01:20 PM
I knew it was you, Sky...YOU BROKE MY HEART
I'm sorry, Chuck....I was mad at you...I was mad at UK....
http://digitaldaily.allthingsd.com/files/2007/04/itwasyoufredanderson.jpg

XPS
03-06-2009, 01:21 PM
Yeah I still think Kentucky would give UT all kinds of problems, but Florida and South Carolina try to play agressive man to man and a face paced game when UT has better athletes. They are both great matchups for the Vols. Still they have only lost a combined 3 home games and UT has been two of them. Really they controlled both games through out.

It seems UK shot there wad against Tenn, they would have no problem with UK if they played again...

VandyChuck
03-06-2009, 01:21 PM
I'm sorry, Chuck....I was mad at you...I was mad at UK....
http://digitaldaily.allthingsd.com/files/2007/04/itwasyoufredanderson.jpg

Fine, lets be friends again. Wanna go fishing?

SkyAntoine
03-06-2009, 01:23 PM
Fine, lets be friends again. Wanna go fishing?
Sure...you know I always say this Catholic chant thing to catch the big ones...

Thunder Gulch
03-06-2009, 03:27 PM
I think UT and LSU are slight favorites, but I wouldn't be stunned if any of the top 10 teams won the tournament. Still, singling out any one team is a longshot.

ConwayGamecock
03-06-2009, 03:38 PM
The way this past week went, nothing would surprise me in the SECT.....

BergeLSU
03-06-2009, 06:11 PM
I think UT and LSU are slight favorites, but I wouldn't be stunned if any of the top 10 teams won the tournament. Still, singling out any one team is a longshot.

I'm not high on LSU winning the SECT. And I never was during this run.

Why? Because despite LSU's history, they only have ONE SECT title.

Orangetd88
03-06-2009, 06:59 PM
Tenn would be my guess, Pearl has done a masterful job getting this team to come together at the right time...

I will never pick UT to win this thinntil they prove they play well in it.

It's been a long time since we even played for the title, much less won it.

Orangetd88
03-06-2009, 07:00 PM
I could see Auburn winning this thing with their 3 point shooting and good guard play.

Herchel
03-07-2009, 09:33 AM
If UGA can win the SECT, any team can win it.

bleedorange1983
03-07-2009, 10:05 AM
UT is has never been a good tournament team, so if we win two games and make it to the title game I'll be satisfied. I think LSU takes it ultimately.

OffThePorch
03-07-2009, 10:58 AM
Vandy has a 1 in 12 chance.