LSU @ Auburn [Archive] - SEC Sports Forum | SEC Basketball | SEC Football

PDA

View Full Version : LSU @ Auburn

VandyChuck
03-06-2009, 11:19 AM
So does Auburn get in the dance with the upset?

orange&white
03-06-2009, 12:10 PM
Auburn is at home in this one, but if they get to 10-6 in league play having won 8 out of 9 I think they get in. Might need to win their first conference tourney game, but I like their chances as well as they are playing.

MKAU
03-06-2009, 12:20 PM
What kills me is the Vandy loss. Auburn was beginning their run right about then, but circumstances led us to being a man down for that game and it completely threw off team chemistry for just that one game. If we're not a man down we win, and are already at 10 wins in conference play with a chance to make it 11. That games really hurts right now.

VandyChuck
03-06-2009, 12:24 PM
Auburn is at home in this one, but if they get to 10-6 in league play having won 8 out of 9 I think they get in. Might need to win their first conference tourney game, but I like their chances as well as they are playing.

You're right...changed the thread title. Should have known that anyways considering all we heard the other night is "It's LSU's senior night..." over and over again.

MSUado
03-06-2009, 12:41 PM
Frankly, I hope Auburn gets in and I think a win over LSU could definitely help solidify their tourney resume, along with a first round SECT win. Good luck to them.

Texaubie
03-06-2009, 02:36 PM
Doesn't matter to me if we get into the NCAA's or not. This team has done better this year than predicted and that is a step in the right direction. NIT will be fine and a good starting place for more improvement.

Rocky@theTop
03-06-2009, 03:01 PM
Not sure it would be an upset... other than rankings. AU has turned into a pretty good team.

LSUTigers1404
03-06-2009, 03:08 PM
Hopefully we can rebound from the Vandy loss. We still have a lot to play for. We need to keep winning in order to improve our seeding in the NCAAT. I don't want to have to play a #1 or #2 seed should we make it to the 2nd round.

VandyChuck
03-06-2009, 03:19 PM
Hopefully we can rebound from the Vandy loss. We still have a lot to play for. We need to keep winning in order to improve our seeding in the NCAAT. I don't want to have to play a #1 or #2 seed should we make it to the 2nd round.

Unless LSU just collapses and losing out, I really dont see them being anything less than a 6 seed. Probably a 3-4 though.

Dawg
03-06-2009, 07:44 PM
Auburn is on the bubble, I think a win puts them in and knocks the loser of the Kentucky/Florida game out.

msudawg4life
03-06-2009, 10:28 PM
Aub is playing some good ball at the right time of the year...they have been VERY impressive as of late.

thethird
03-06-2009, 10:58 PM
You're right...changed the thread title. Should have known that anyways considering all we heard the other night is "It's LSU's senior night..." over and over again.

Well tomorrow is Auburn's senior day and I expect a good crowd turn along with a good effort from the team.

From what I've read, even if AU gets the big win tomorrow, they will still need to win out in the SECT to get in the NCAAT. I think this is ********* but the way it may have to be in order for AU to dance. Reasoning is AU's bad RPI record.:banghead:

MKAU
03-07-2009, 11:45 AM
Auburn is a two point favorite to win. It seems my confidence in the team to win this game is justified.

SECgamecock453
03-07-2009, 04:42 PM
Where is all the hype for this game? Auburn is up 29-21, this win would be HUGE for the Tigers and would probably put them in the NCAAT conversation. What is Auburn's SOS and RPI?

steelyvan
03-07-2009, 04:47 PM
good 1st half for AU

SECgamecock453
03-07-2009, 04:56 PM
I'd love to see Auburn get into the NCAAT....they are up 34-28 at the half.

BergeLSU
03-07-2009, 04:58 PM
LSU has decided to not play defense for the last 6 games of the season.

I am tired of this "let them get their points in the paint, we will stop them on the outside" ********.

Auburn finished the half with 34 points, 6 free throws, 28 points in the paint.

Yup. Nothing outside of the paint. Almost all layups and dunks.

SECgamecock453
03-07-2009, 05:34 PM
Auburn appears to be running away with this game. Does this win get them in the NCAAT or do they need to do more?

SECgamecock453
03-07-2009, 05:42 PM
On the ESPN scoreboard for this game, it already shows LSU as 25-6 (13-3) and Auburn as 21-10 (10-6). I was wondering how they both might have had 11 SEC games, but then I realized ESPN already gave Auburn this win, WTF!?

BergeLSU
03-07-2009, 05:47 PM
On the ESPN scoreboard for this game, it already shows LSU as 25-6 (13-3) and Auburn as 21-10 (10-6). I was wondering how they both might have had 11 SEC games, but then I realized ESPN already gave Auburn this win, WTF!?

This team is done on the season.

I wouldn't be surprised at ALL to see LSU finish the season on a 4-game losing streak. Auburn could have (and SHOULD have) hit 80 in this game.

BleedPurpleandGold
03-07-2009, 05:54 PM
Auburn just wanted this game more, a lot more. They played a very good game, nothing LSU can do with a team shooting that well and playing that hungry.

bammanmr
03-07-2009, 06:01 PM
big win, very big. every team that has won 10+ sec conference games since the expansion has made the ncaat (until now, that is).

if we can knock off fla in the tourney next weekend, that should put us in the ncaat.

MSUado
03-07-2009, 06:03 PM
Good win Auburn. Congrats. Like you said I think one more win would solidify your resume.

danny_d_lsu
03-07-2009, 06:03 PM
Agreed Berge........LSU just gave up at the end of the year.....its sickening.......Congrats to AU.......they played great........LSU will probably lose out for the rest of the year.....even in the NCAAs........gross

BergeLSU
03-07-2009, 06:05 PM
Auburn just wanted this game more, a lot more. They played a very good game, nothing LSU can do with a team shooting that well and playing that hungry.

Where are you getting that Auburn shot well?

Auburn shot 41% with most of your points in the paint. 2-16 from 3-point range. Auburn didn't play their best game. Auburn plays their best game and they may have hit 90.

LSU scored 53 points!

MKAU
03-07-2009, 06:07 PM
Where are you getting that Auburn shot well?

Auburn shot 41% with most of your points in the paint. 2-16 from 3-point range. Auburn didn't play their best game. Auburn plays their best game and they may have hit 90.

LSU scored 53 points!
I was thinking the whole game, "Auburn hasn't even gotten hot yet!" Imagine if they had.....

iam4lsu08
03-07-2009, 06:22 PM
BergeLSU

fwiw, I think you are freaking out over these last 2 games. Yes, LSU has not looked good at all, but in these last 2 games we have known that we are SEC Champions and in the NCAA tournament. Postseason is a new season and a time for LSU to put the last 2 games behind them. We shall see.

BergeLSU
03-07-2009, 06:43 PM
fwiw, I think you are freaking out over these last 2 games. Yes, LSU has not looked good at all, but in these last 2 games we have known that we are SEC Champions and in the NCAA tournament. Postseason is a new season and a time for LSU to put the last 2 games behind them. We shall see.

I never buy the "we have out SEC Championship Trophy and NCAA bid so we are done" type thinking.

Losing sucks. They don't want to lose. Competitors want to come out and win every game.

I feel like this team has been figured out. It took a long time, but just get the ball in the paint and you will score. Johnson WILL NOT move out of man-to-man. That is his philosophy, and it has worked most of the season.

It is not the last two games either. This team started slowing after the Mississippi State 2OT game. They needed to rally to win their next 5 games (several from 10-points or more).

Florida, Auburn, and Miss State the worst rebounding teams in the SEC. Florida kept even with LSU, Auburn out-rebounded LSU by 8 today, and MSU just had a -2 against LSU in their 2nd meeting.

If they come out and just play well in the first game of the SECT I will feel better. They don't have to win it, but not another performance like this week.

LSUTigers1404
03-07-2009, 09:27 PM
Very disappointed in how LSU finished. The fact that they lost these last 2 games after winning the SEC shows me a lack of a killer instinct. Not expecting much from them in the SECT or NCAAT.

georgiaguy31015
03-07-2009, 11:42 PM
Congrats Auburn.

thethird
03-07-2009, 11:45 PM
My God why couldn't have Barber gotten his medical red-shirt??!! Would have been nice to have him one more year because we are losing some key players after this season.

Did anyone else catch the giant cut out heads of the seniors the student section had? LMAO, those were down right hilarious!

jrltiger
03-08-2009, 11:55 AM
I think our lack of depth is showing up right now. We're worn down and not playing our best ball. I just hope that having off till Friday will give us some fresh legs and second wind to play well in the SEC and NCAAT.

YR_Tiger
03-09-2009, 11:05 AM
Congrats AU.

RailroadGin
03-09-2009, 11:13 AM
If you look at the top 2 teams in both divisions, they have one thing in common. Talented and experienced rosters. LSU and Auburn have the most upperclassmen that play regularly in the SEC. UT and USC both rely heavily on upperclassmen as well. The league as a whole is very young. These teams will be tough to beat in the SECT.