gatorsports.com pet peeve [Archive] - SEC Sports Forum | SEC Basketball | SEC Football

PDA

View Full Version : gatorsports.com pet peeve

g8rphish
03-05-2009, 10:46 AM
Kevin Brockaway wrote an article the other day -- and mentioned it again in today's MSU write-up -- talking about bold predictions. it annoyed the living **** out of me.

he compared the following statement to pulling a Joe Namath:

"I'm looking at it like we're going to make the tournament and I think that we will. I think we will definitely make the tournament....I think we can do it," Calathes said. "That's just my opinion. I definitely think we can get it done."

i thought it was a ridiculous comparison when he wrote it, and still think it was. how is that in any way, shape or form a "guarantee?"

sorry...i'll get off my soapbox, but just wanted to see if anyone else noticed that.

Gatorbabe
03-05-2009, 11:04 AM
It isn't ... he's just stating his opinion that he THINKS they will. I don't agree with Calathas but I admire his passion. I wish the other guys felt the same way. :(

swampmonster
03-05-2009, 11:30 AM
To start with, they need to leave those boys alone, everybody that plays NCAA basketball has to believe they can make it to the tourney, and play for a championship. It's what drives them.

Otherwise why bother giving it your all?

I think these slippery media types, should be shown the door forever, when they pull stunts like this.

GatorMan32
03-05-2009, 11:50 AM
The Gainesville Sun is not known for good journalism.

g8rphish
03-05-2009, 11:52 AM
The Gainesville Sun is not known for good journalism.

true. i'm never ever ever going to forgive Dooley for wasting a heisman vote on Noah "Fat Dog" Brindise :banghead:

Herchel
03-05-2009, 12:01 PM
Kevin Brockaway wrote an article the other day -- and mentioned it again in today's MSU write-up -- talking about bold predictions. it annoyed the living **** out of me.

he compared the following statement to pulling a Joe Namath:

i thought it was a ridiculous comparison when he wrote it, and still think it was. how is that in any way, shape or form a "guarantee?"

sorry...i'll get off my soapbox, but just wanted to see if anyone else noticed that.

I missed that one, as I don't read the Gainesville Sun or gator fan.com.