Is Auburn the 4th team in? [Archive] - SEC Sports Forum | SEC Basketball | SEC Football

PDA

View Full Version : Is Auburn the 4th team in?

orange&white
03-04-2009, 09:43 PM
I still think the SEC is going to get four teams in. Is Auburn the most likely team now? Discuss.

RailroadGin
03-04-2009, 09:45 PM
LSU
USC
TENN
UF-UK (as much as i hate to say it- UK when sat and makes it to finals- they're in)

Djshockley3
03-04-2009, 09:46 PM
If they beat LSU, they are in.

Thunder Gulch
03-04-2009, 09:47 PM
There is no doubt that Auburn has been better than UK/UF in the last month, and probably over the course of the SEC schedule. However, they had some terrible losses early on that kill the RPI, and at the end of the day, those other teams are more likely- not more deserving.

RailroadGin
03-04-2009, 09:48 PM
There is no doubt that Auburn has been better than UK/UF in the last month, and probably over the course of the SEC schedule. However, they had some terrible losses early on that kill the RPI, and at the end of the day, those other teams are more likely- not more deserving.

Agreed. Rep

bleedorange1983
03-04-2009, 09:49 PM
UK and UF had losses tonight puts them very close to out of the tourney IMO, the Kentucky loss especially, but I think UK still gets in before Florida.

With that said, if an at-large is lost, either one could still win the SECT.

orange&white
03-04-2009, 09:51 PM
Auburn's current RPI is 72nd with 79th strength of schedule so I think they need to win two games. Either beating LSU and getting to the Semi's or losing to LSU and and getting to the Finals should get them in. How well a team has played in their last 12 games is big to the committee, so that should help the Tigers tremendously.