LSU-Vandy Game Thread [Archive] - SEC Sports Forum | SEC Basketball | SEC Football

PDA

View Full Version : LSU-Vandy Game Thread

jrltiger
03-04-2009, 06:06 PM
Senior night in the PMAC. I'm about to head over there now. Should be a good game. Any thoughts?

GEAUX TIGERS

kentubbybasketball
03-04-2009, 06:09 PM
LSU still has a lot to play for, like seeding in the NCAAT. But, I could see them having a let down having already locked up an SEC title. I hope that's not the case, and i hope LSU makes short work of Vandy.

Geaux Tigers!

LSUTigers1404
03-04-2009, 07:08 PM
As always I am not comfortable heading into this game. Vandy is no joke, they knocked off South Carolina. If LSU brings the same intensity they have been bringing, we should win this one.

Tennessee
03-04-2009, 08:40 PM
30-17 Vandy

If Vandy had been playing like they have the last 2 games all year, they'd be playing for the SECE title :confused:

Tennessee
03-04-2009, 08:51 PM
37-29 Vandy at the half

LSUTigers1404
03-04-2009, 09:15 PM
I won't panic too much. LSU has trailed like this several times and came back to win.

ConwayGamecock
03-04-2009, 09:57 PM
I think I'd panic, by now.......

LSUTigers1404
03-04-2009, 09:59 PM
Well it looks like Vandy will take this one. We outscored them in the 2nd half, but our horrible first half was too much to overcome.

Good game Dores. I hope we get you in the SECT for some pay back.

LSUTigers1404
03-04-2009, 10:01 PM
75-67 final

ConwayGamecock
03-04-2009, 10:02 PM
The SEC is turned on it's ear tonight......

or, is this just a microcosm for the SEC this season??

LSUTigers1404
03-04-2009, 10:08 PM
The SEC is turned on it's ear tonight......

or, is this just a microcosm for the SEC this season??

It's one game. I'm not going to treat this like some earth shattering event. Vandy has knocked off the top 2 teams in the SEC. That is a credit to them.

Thunder Gulch
03-04-2009, 10:11 PM
Well it looks like Vandy will take this one. We outscored them in the 2nd half, but our horrible first half was too much to overcome.

Good game Dores. I hope we get you in the SECT for some pay back.

Hope to see LSU one more time. Not because I think we can beat them again, but because I think that would mean the game would be next Sunday in Atlanta.

LSUTigers1404
03-04-2009, 10:13 PM
Hope to see LSU one more time. Not because I think we can beat them again, but because I think that would mean the game would be next Sunday in Atlanta.

:cheers:

jrltiger
03-04-2009, 10:53 PM
Congrats Vandy. The Dores made shots when they needed to, LSU didn't. And once again LSU left A TON of points at the free throw line. Can't expect to win tight games come tourney time if you don't get points from the charity stripe.

BergeLSU
03-04-2009, 10:58 PM
Congrats Vandy. The Dores made shots when they needed to, LSU didn't. And once again LSU left A TON of points at the free throw line. Can't expect to win tight games come tourney time if you don't get points from the charity stripe.

They also can't expect to win games when they start out shooting 3-19 (or so). And no, this was not from good defense. Wide open shots WAY off.

Finished the game at 37% shooting, with Vandy at over 51%. That does not say much, because Vandy had 40 points in the paint, so layups and more layups.

Ogilvy got away with a BUNCH of traveling calls, but LSU in no way, shape, or form deserved to win this game. Awful. Absolutely awful. This team went from a Sweet 16 team in my mind to MAYBE a 2nd round team.

Johnson refusing to ever play a zone defense finally killed this team.

Vandy420
03-05-2009, 08:43 AM
Stallings said he tweaked the offense before the SC game, and we have seen a HUGE difference in the 2 games since. AJ is finally 100% and showing it. Career high 33 points, 10 rebounds.

We are finally hitting out shots. Just imagine if we would have beat UGA we would be 8-7 in the SEC and would have won 7 of the past 9. Dang UGA haha. This team is peaking at the right time. Finally playing like a team and showing their athleticism. Fear this team next year.

Also, AJ Ogilvy passed Alex Gordon on the all time scorers list topping 1,006 points for his career....as a soph. Gordon played all 4 years.

jrltiger
03-05-2009, 10:18 AM
They also can't expect to win games when they start out shooting 3-19 (or so). And no, this was not from good defense. Wide open shots WAY off.

Finished the game at 37% shooting, with Vandy at over 51%. That does not say much, because Vandy had 40 points in the paint, so layups and more layups.

Ogilvy got away with a BUNCH of traveling calls, but LSU in no way, shape, or form deserved to win this game. Awful. Absolutely awful. This team went from a Sweet 16 team in my mind to MAYBE a 2nd round team.

Johnson refusing to ever play a zone defense finally killed this team.

I'm not quite as down on the team, for now. I do think if we run into a team with a big inside presence we're done, though. But look at it this way, we shot 37% and with 1:00 left in the game it was still a 1 possession game. If we can shoot that poorly and still have a chance to tie or take the lead in a game, we're doing something right.

I hated to see Garrett, Marcus, Chris, Terry, and Q lose senior night, but timing wise this loss probably isn't too bad of one. We still have a regular season game to rebound, and then hit the SEC tourney with no pressure of a huge win streak. So, I'm not ready to jump ship, by any means.

BergeLSU
03-05-2009, 01:17 PM
I'm not quite as down on the team, for now. I do think if we run into a team with a big inside presence we're done, though. But look at it this way, we shot 37% and with 1:00 left in the game it was still a 1 possession game. If we can shoot that poorly and still have a chance to tie or take the lead in a game, we're doing something right.

I hated to see Garrett, Marcus, Chris, Terry, and Q lose senior night, but timing wise this loss probably isn't too bad of one. We still have a regular season game to rebound, and then hit the SEC tourney with no pressure of a huge win streak. So, I'm not ready to jump ship, by any means.

I was more upset that they planned to do the SEC Championship "celebration" after the game. It was if losing was not even a possibility to the AD.

Do it before the game after honoring the seniors. You had a group of guys super excited about putting on some SEC Champions apparel after losing to Vandy..... Stupid.

tampacajun
03-05-2009, 02:03 PM

you mean tampa, right? at least i hope so because that would suck showing up to an empty ice palace for me

jrltiger
03-05-2009, 07:30 PM
I was more upset that they planned to do the SEC Championship "celebration" after the game. It was if losing was not even a possibility to the AD.

Do it before the game after honoring the seniors. You had a group of guys super excited about putting on some SEC Champions apparel after losing to Vandy..... Stupid.

True, I do agree with that. It should've been done before the game.