Iron Bowl... [Archive] - SEC Sports Forum | SEC Basketball | SEC Football

PDA

View Full Version : Iron Bowl...

Tennessee
03-03-2009, 08:45 PM
Bama had a crappy season but can keep the Tigers out of a Tourney chance with a win tonight...Will Jeff Lebo walk off the court holding up 2 fingers if they win tonight? If AU wins, will Alabama go throw $4M at Tubby Smith...Would Tubby deny the job three times before taking it?

As usual, alot riding on the Iron Bowl :raz:

Orangetd88
03-03-2009, 09:01 PM
Bama playing well so far.

AlaGator
03-03-2009, 09:02 PM
What is the score? Is it on TV?

Friedchickenman
03-03-2009, 09:46 PM
Back and forth game, Bama was up by 13 earlier, Auburn's up by 6 right now, good game, 4:00 left to go.

Bamadan
03-03-2009, 09:49 PM
Game is on ESPN and the score is 69-63 AU with 3.50 to go in regulation.

Bamadan
03-03-2009, 10:03 PM
Auburn wins 77-73. Great comeback, Plainsmen!!

BergeLSU
03-03-2009, 10:04 PM
Bama loses by 4.

And missed 14 Free Throws!

15-29 from the line.

Bad coaching at the end as well.

Auburn up by two gets the ball with 42 seconds left. Bama does not foul. A basket by Auburn wins the game, and a miss gives Bama 6-7 seconds to score for a win or tie.

Friedchickenman
03-03-2009, 10:06 PM
Bama loses by 4.

And missed 14 Free Throws!

15-29 from the line.

Bad coaching at the end as well.

Auburn up by two gets the ball with 42 seconds left. Bama does not foul. A basket by Auburn wins the game, and a miss gives Bama 6-7 seconds to score for a win or tie.

Yeah I was pretty shocked they didn't try to beat us at the FT line, we're one of the worst FT shooting teams in THE COUNTRY, not even the SEC. Amazing that we're still able to win games doing that, and somehow squeaked another one by tonight. Great game though, both teams played their tails off.

MKAU
03-03-2009, 10:09 PM
AHHHHHHH that was satisfying! Better than sex!

OffThePorch
03-03-2009, 10:11 PM
Congrats AU!

AlienBeans
03-03-2009, 10:15 PM
One thing about auburn is they never seem to quit. Down 13 and totally outplayed in the first half, but they didn't panick. They got a huge basket at the end, and I, too, was surprised that uat didn't put us on the free throw line. Oh well, hell of a game by both teams tonight. uat really shot the ball well tonight.

LSUTigers1404
03-03-2009, 10:18 PM
AHHHHHHH that was satisfying! Better than sex!

You're hooking up with the wrong women. :raz:

MKAU
03-03-2009, 10:23 PM
For those saying Bama should have put Auburn at the free throw line, I disagree. It depends on who you foul, and Auburn wouldn't risk letting Barber be the guy shooting by putting the ball in his hands. That means you've probably got Reed, Waller, or Sullivan at the line and I as an Auburn fan would be happy with that.

No, taking their chance with a defensive stop was a better percentage chance than fouling.

LSUTigers1404
03-03-2009, 10:24 PM
One thing about auburn is they never seem to quit. Down 13 and totally outplayed in the first half, but they didn't panick. They got a huge basket at the end, and I, too, was surprised that uat didn't put us on the free throw line. Oh well, hell of a game by both teams tonight. uat really shot the ball well tonight.

Ok, I have a question. Why do Auburn fans refer to Bama as UAT? I know they are the University of Alabama-Tuscaloosa, but no one else calls them that, only Auburn fans. Everyone else in the world calls them Bama.

BergeLSU
03-03-2009, 10:27 PM
For those saying Bama should have put Auburn at the free throw line, I disagree. It depends on who you foul, and Auburn wouldn't risk letting Barber be the guy shooting by putting the ball in his hands. That means you've probably got Reed, Waller, or Sullivan at the line and I as an Auburn fan would be happy with that.

No, taking their chance with a defensive stop was a better percentage chance than fouling.

In the final 8 minutes of the game, Auburn scored every time they touched the ball except ONCE (this is from reading ESPN's play-by-play, it may be slightly flawed).

If you are Alabama, you realize that they have not missed, and when they have, they have gotten the rebound and the put-back.

MKAU
03-03-2009, 10:28 PM
You're hooking up with the wrong women. :raz:Dude I live in Alabama amongst the redneckingest of Bama fans. My best friend called to rub it in at halftime when Bama was up by 10. I tried to warn him, but he kept talking. No, this win was huge. I was more worried about this one than the game against LSU on Saturday.

Orangetd88
03-03-2009, 10:29 PM
Ok, I have a question. Why do Auburn fans refer to Bama as UAT? I know they are the University of Alabama-Tuscaloosa, but no one else calls them that, only Auburn fans. Everyone else in the world calls them Bama.

Actually there are tons that call them UAT.

I just refer to them as Bammer.

MKAU
03-03-2009, 10:31 PM
Ok, I have a question. Why do Auburn fans refer to Bama as UAT? I know they are the University of Alabama-Tuscaloosa, but no one else calls them that, only Auburn fans. Everyone else in the world calls them Bama.It's an extremely strong rivalry. Fans of both are compelled to insult each other in every possible way. Some of them refer to us as AUA because there is an AUMontgomery. They call us barners, we call them bammers, and so on.....

MKAU
03-03-2009, 10:33 PM
In the final 8 minutes of the game, Auburn scored every time they touched the ball except ONCE (this is from reading ESPN's play-by-play, it may be slightly flawed).

If you are Alabama, you realize that they have not missed, and when they have, they have gotten the rebound and the put-back.Waller and Sullivan are guarantees. You've still got a chance playing strait up defense.

thethird
03-03-2009, 10:33 PM

I prefer bamers myself. I like the Gumps too. You've never heard Bama fans refer to AU fans as barners?

thethird
03-03-2009, 10:34 PM
Oh yeah, WAR DAMN EAGLE!

LSUTigers1404
03-03-2009, 10:36 PM
I prefer bamers myself. I like the Gumps too. You've never heard Bama fans refer to AU fans as barners?

Yea, I've heard the Bammars and Barners. I just don't understand how calling a school by its initials in an insult. But then again, I don't understand how referring to an entire fanbase as a very tasty food is an insult either. I guess you have to live in Alabama.

thethird
03-03-2009, 10:40 PM
Yea, I've heard the Bammars and Barners. I just don't understand how calling a school by its initials in an insult. But then again, I don't understand how referring to an entire fanbase as a very tasty food is an insult either. I guess you have to live in Alabama.

Guess so.

MKAU
03-03-2009, 10:43 PM
Yea, I've heard the Bammars and Barners. I just don't understand how calling a school by its initials in an insult. But then again, I don't understand how referring to an entire fanbase as a very tasty food is an insult either. I guess you have to live in Alabama.Who does that? I like cajuns. That's just racist. Now coonass is a different story, and not a food I would eat.

They don't like it because in their eyes they are Alabama. Yet there is a very good school named UAB that is a part of their system. There is also a UAHuntsville. It goes back to all the seperate North Carolina schools. Even the Tar Hells are referred to as UNC-Chapel Hill in some cases. So we sometimes refer to them as University of Alabama Tuscaloosa. They think they are better than that and it gets under their skin.

LSUTigers1404
03-03-2009, 10:45 PM
Who does that? I like cajuns. That's just racist. Now coonass is a different story, and not a food I would eat.

They don't like it because in their eyes they are Alabama. Yet there is a very good school named UAB that is a part of their system. There is also a UAHuntsville. It goes back to all the seperate North Carolina schools. Even the Tar Hells are referred to as UNC-Chapel Hill in some cases. So we sometimes refer to them as University of Alabama Tuscaloosa. They think they are better than that and it gets under their skin.

Ah ok, thanks for clearing that up.

AlienBeans
03-03-2009, 11:02 PM
Who does that? I like cajuns. That's just racist. Now coonass is a different story, and not a food I would eat.

great explanation.... Of course, we really could and should call them SPUAT.

thethird
03-03-2009, 11:15 PM
great explanation.... Of course, we really could and should call them SPUAT.

Agreed.

Friedchickenman
03-04-2009, 07:06 AM

http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/28360/corndogs_medium.jpg

:raz::raz::raz:

UA37
03-04-2009, 08:34 AM
oh man, congrats on the win AU. and on that note basketball season is officially over.

kentubbybasketball
03-04-2009, 11:49 AM
This is certainly a football rivalry more than football.

Tubby, just say "no." They spent a lot of time speculating about Tubby on the telecast. I just dont' see Tubby taking over that job with Rodney Williams and Royce White set to come in at Minnesota.