Lsu-uk [Archive] - SEC Sports Forum | SEC Basketball | SEC Football

PDA

View Full Version : Lsu-uk

kentubbybasketball
03-02-2009, 12:53 PM
I just wanted to compliment LSU on the win over UK this past weekend... the other thread has been littered, so I thought I'd make another.

You guys earned this SEC championship, and I hope you don't lose again in the SEC, until you face UK, hopefully in the finals of the SECT (which seems unlikely right now). Trent Johsnon had only one timeout left in our game, and he still was able to get his team settled down... that's a testament to the coaching he does everyday in practice.

I hope you guys make the Sweet 16 or beyond.. what a story that would be for the entire SEC. It sucks to lose, but you don't mind losing to teams you respect.

(Marcus Thornton was disrespectful though).:raz:

LSUTigers1404
03-02-2009, 05:02 PM
I just wanted to compliment LSU on the win over UK this past weekend... the other thread has been littered, so I thought I'd make another.

You guys earned this SEC championship, and I hope you don't lose again in the SEC, until you face UK, hopefully in the finals of the SECT (which seems unlikely right now). Trent Johsnon had only one timeout left in our game, and he still was able to get his team settled down... that's a testament to the coaching he does everyday in practice.

I hope you guys make the Sweet 16 or beyond.. what a story that would be for the entire SEC. It sucks to lose, but you don't mind losing to teams you respect.

I didn't see what Thornton did. What happened? I had to leave right after the game ended so I missed the post game.

kentubbybasketball
03-03-2009, 12:38 PM
He was toying with the crowd, tugging on his jersey, basically instigating the crowd. It was so bad that before the postgame handshakes Trent Johnson was yelling at him to stop messing with the crowd and get in line to shake hands... that's why I like Trent Johnson he's class and hopefully MT learns a thing or two from CTJ about that.

LSUTigers1404
03-03-2009, 04:46 PM
I'm glad Johnson told him to shut his mouth. Not enough coaches discipline players for acting stupid.

zud the hut
03-03-2009, 07:05 PM

Props to you KB! You're a class poster and a rare find! Good luck the rest of the way...hope that you make it to the dance!

kentubbybasketball
03-04-2009, 12:35 PM
I appreciate that, zud. As I've always said, I've never had issues with LSU or UGA fans in any sport. I commend you guys for winning with class. Some people find it hard to show class when they're winning, you guys have set an excellent example of how to handle it.

Thanks for the well-wishes.