Tennessee Continues it's Dominance of Florida [Archive] - SEC Sports Forum | SEC Basketball | SEC Football

PDA

View Full Version : Tennessee Continues it's Dominance of Florida

Orangetd88
03-01-2009, 03:13 PM
Another win over the Gators in basketball.

This means that UT-Socar is for the East. Who would have thought that at the beginning of the year?

XPS
03-01-2009, 03:24 PM
5 in a row wow....

GatorFan
03-01-2009, 03:28 PM
Can't argue with this at all.

This Gator team doesn't belong in the tournament, IMO.

GatorMan32
03-01-2009, 04:47 PM
not saying much to own the teams the last 2 years. at least the two before were championship teams. the season is over now for this group. back to the NIT. they have no heart or pride. i can only hope Boynton and Maclin give the team heart and toughness.

LSUTigers1404
03-01-2009, 04:51 PM
not saying much to own the teams the last 2 years. at least the two before were championship teams. the season is over now for this group. back to the NIT. they have no heart or pride. i can only hope Boynton and Maclin give the team heart and toughness.

One thing that may have been forgotten with Florida's title teams, Florida is not a traditional basketball power. You have only 4 SEC titles. I don't know how Donovan did it, but he managed to field a super team for 2 straight years. Given the success those guys had, people assumed Florida would continue to field teams like that. No one in the SEC except for Kentucky has consistently done that.

BleedBlue7
03-01-2009, 05:10 PM
This loss puts UF out of the NCAA's IMO. But it also puts UT in the tourney IMO. UT will be in the NCAA's unless they lose to USC. Which I am predicting the lost to USC btw.

Good win Vols.

GatorMan32
03-01-2009, 05:18 PM
We aren't a traditional basketball power? Shocked LOL

Donovan has been to the Final 4 without that team and will be again. Its a struggle now but we have guys there and others who will be on the team after this year who can put together a very good club.

GatorMan32
03-01-2009, 05:19 PM
OTD would trade this for our dominance over them in football by the way. Don't let him fool you.

Orangetd88
03-01-2009, 05:26 PM
Trade? Who's talking trades? It's basketball season, and I love the fact that BP owns the Gators.

GatorMan32
03-01-2009, 05:47 PM
LOL You can pretend you would not rather have our number in football but I am not denying the situation in hoops.

Orangetd88
03-01-2009, 05:48 PM
Screw trading one for the other. I'll just take both, thank you. ;)

GatorMan32
03-01-2009, 05:55 PM
lol you will keep getting owned in football.

Orangetd88
03-01-2009, 06:39 PM
Yall said that a few years ago in basketball, too.

GoBigO
03-01-2009, 07:36 PM
I never take a VOL win over Florida for granted. Each one is special and it's good to see that Florida for some reason brings the best out of our team. Plus this season we were simply a mathup problem for them.

bleedorange1983
03-01-2009, 07:39 PM
OTD would trade this for our dominance over them in football by the way. Don't let him fool you.

Not saying much dominating our FB team the past four years, two of those teams had losing records.

bleedorange1983
03-01-2009, 07:40 PM
lol you will keep getting owned in football.

As you will in basketball. Goodbye 17-game home win-streak! :rotf:

GatorFan
03-01-2009, 07:46 PM
I never take a VOL win over Florida for granted. Each one is special and it's good to see that Florida for some reason brings the best out of our team. Plus this season we were simply a mathup problem for them.

I don't follow college b-ball as much as I did football and not a whole lot of pro b-ball either but, I do agree with you on that last statement.

g8rphish
03-01-2009, 07:50 PM
i'm certainly not denying that this team has been getting its ass kicked all season...but just look at the team you guys are crowing about "owning:" we lost all five starters and the SEC 6th man of the year heading into last season. got some decent playing time for some of the young guys, but then ended up losing our only legit inside presence, Mareese Speights, to the NBA. So you're "owning" Nick Calathes and a bunch of role players/young talent that hasn't had time to gell. congrats!

hopefully nick sticks around another year and we get him some help in the paint...otherwise, this trend will definitely continue, unfortunately. i'm not too worried -- Billy D knows how to coach and he knows how to recruit...chalk up the two championships to luck if you want -- but remember, he took a totally different team to the national title game just a few years ago, too.

bleedorange1983
03-01-2009, 08:00 PM
i'm certainly not denying that this team has been getting its ass kicked all season...but just look at the team you guys are crowing about "owning:" we lost all five starters and the SEC 6th man of the year heading into last season. got some decent playing time for some of the young guys, but then ended up losing our only legit inside presence, Mareese Speights, to the NBA. So you're "owning" Nick Calathes and a bunch of role players/young talent that hasn't had time to gell. congrats!

hopefully nick sticks around another year and we get him some help in the paint...otherwise, this trend will definitely continue, unfortunately. i'm not too worried -- Billy D knows how to coach and he knows how to recruit...chalk up the two championships to luck if you want -- but remember, he took a totally different team to the national title game just a few years ago, too.

Don't post all of these BS excuses and try to diminish our wins against your Gators. We beat the team that you put on the court end of story. A win is a win. If you want to discount our recent wins, then remember, we went 3-1 against your two national championship teams.

Orangetd88
03-01-2009, 08:03 PM

So you're gonna stop crowing about your wins over us in football? I do think so, son. No one feels sorry for you here.

Anyway, we owned you during your titles years, too. Your logic doesn't apply.

g8rphish
03-01-2009, 08:08 PM
did you go 3-1 against those teams? i didn't realize that...guess i blocked it from my memory lol

congrats...

thagodfather
03-01-2009, 08:52 PM

pearl is 7-1 against donovan. ut owned the florida teams that were winning championships also.

g8rphish
03-01-2009, 09:19 PM
yes, we've already been over that lol.

pearl owns us.

Gatorbabe
03-01-2009, 09:24 PM
So you're gonna stop crowing about your wins over us in football? I do think so, son. No one feels sorry for you here.

Umm we don't crow over wins against UT's football team anymore .... I think most Gators are starting to take that win for granted. Good thing Kiffin opened his big fat mouth ... helps add some spice to the rivalry that has gone dead. Enough about that though ...

As for basketball, Pearl owns Billy. There is no arguing about it. For some reason, I'll still take Billy anyday. Congrats on the win. It was your bday present. :)

Orangetd88
03-01-2009, 10:54 PM
Umm we don't crow over wins against UT's football team anymore .... I think most Gators are starting to take that win for granted. Good thing Kiffin opened his big fat mouth ... helps add some spice to the rivalry that has gone dead. Enough about that though ...

As for basketball, Pearl owns Billy. There is no arguing about it. For some reason, I'll still take Billy anyday. Congrats on the win. It was your bday present. :)

If we=you, the hubby and your little girl, then yes, I'll agree. Beyond that, that is debatable at best.

Oh, and thanks for the bday present. ;)

Gatorbabe
03-02-2009, 07:46 AM
If we=you, the hubby and your little girl, then yes, I'll agree. Beyond that, that is debatable at best.

Oh, and thanks for the bday present. ;)

We generally think like most Gators ... The feeling is similar among our Gator friends and family. Just like UT fans act like they don't care when they lose to Florida in football .. it's not as big of a win as it used to be for us either. It's a sad truth.

g8rphish
03-02-2009, 07:49 AM
We generally think like most Gators ... The feeling is similar among our Gator friends and family. Just like UT fans act like they don't care when they lose to Florida in football .. it's not as big of a win as it used to be for us either. It's a sad truth.

it is still a big deal for me -- but that's mainly because I went to high school in Nashville, and half my old friends bombard me with text messages when we lose to UT :rotf:

Gatorbabe
03-02-2009, 07:55 AM
it is still a big deal for me -- but that's mainly because I went to high school in Nashville, and half my old friends bombard me with text messages when we lose to UT :rotf:

You are from Tennessee? No wonder you are so weird. :p

Don't get me wrong ... I still love wins over UT but it seems like I care more getting a leg up in the SEC east then I care about beating up on the Vols. I think that's gonna change though with their new coach. :)

g8rphish
03-02-2009, 08:09 AM
You are from Tennessee? No wonder you are so weird. :p

Don't get me wrong ... I still love wins over UT but it seems like I care more getting a leg up in the SEC east then I care about beating up on the Vols. I think that's gonna change though with their new coach. :)

no, i'm not FROM nashville. i went to high school in TN -- but I was born in Jacksonville. :cheers:

Herchel
03-02-2009, 08:23 AM

Before your head gets too big, remember that UGA beat them. :) We lost to T A&M Corpus Christie

Gatorbabe
03-02-2009, 08:46 AM
Before your head gets too big, remember that UGA beat them. :) We lost to T A&M Corpus Christie

Yea, I can take losing to UT since they are a decent team ... losing to UGA was flat out embarrassing. :p

How was the crowd yesterday? I was at the game and thought for the most part we were loud. Even though Florida lost, I got a free tshirt (too bad it was extra large). :)

Orangetd88
03-02-2009, 08:57 AM

I don't really care, honestly.

bleedorange1983
03-02-2009, 09:28 AM

That means nothing, we take crap from the UF fans because they beat us 4 years straight in football regardless of the fact that two of those years our team had a losing record. I will relish the fact that we ended UF's 17-game home win streak and we were the last team to beat them at home before that.

orange&white
03-02-2009, 11:07 AM

Who else has beat the Gators all 4 times the last two seasons? I would guess no one. So when you Florida fans start bragging about beating UT in football 4 straight times and a probable 5th I guess I'll just say, "Not very impressive, Tennessee hasn't been that good." Either way I know no other coach is even close to being 7-1 against Billy D.

orange&white
03-02-2009, 11:08 AM
This loss puts UF out of the NCAA's IMO. But it also puts UT in the tourney IMO. UT will be in the NCAA's unless they lose to USC. Which I am predicting the lost to USC btw.

Good win Vols.

UT is probably in the tourney now even if they lose their last 3 games.

g8rphish
03-02-2009, 11:10 AM
Who else has beat the Gators all 4 times the last two seasons? I would guess no one. So when you Florida fans start bragging about beating UT in football 4 straight times and a probable 5th I guess I'll just say, "Not very impressive, Tennessee hasn't been that good." Either way I know no other coach is even close to being 7-1 against Billy D.

apples and oranges...99.9% of UT and UF fans care way more about football...and in basketball, you get to beat the same crappy team twice a season lol

orange&white
03-02-2009, 11:12 AM

Pearl owned your national title teams too. What's your point? You guys brag about beating UT's worst than mediocre football teams ALL THE TIME, why can't we about basketball? Instead we get a bunch of Gator nonsense talking about football in a basketball thread and how everyone is beaten the Gators this year. You would think they were 1-13 in SEC play or something. BTW, UT lost quite a bit of last year's team as well.

orange&white
03-02-2009, 11:15 AM
apples and oranges...99.9% of UT and UF fans care way more about football...and in basketball, you get to beat the same crappy team twice a season lol

It's not apples and oranges it is the same thing happening with one program trying to discredit another's win by tearing down their own team. I'll be sure to do that after UF hammers UT in football this year. Instead of "Congrats Gators" I'll say "Big deal, who couldn't beat the Vols?"

orange&white
03-02-2009, 11:19 AM

I don't know what UT fans you have talked to but I don't know one single fan that doesn't care. There is a difference in knowing your going to lose and not caring if you lose or not.

g8rphish
03-02-2009, 11:23 AM
Pearl owned your national title teams too. What's your point? You guys brag about beating UT's worst than mediocre football teams ALL THE TIME, why can't we about basketball? Instead we get a bunch of Gator nonsense talking about football in a basketball thread and how everyone is beaten the Gators this year. You would think they were 1-13 in SEC play or something. BTW, UT lost quite a bit of last year's team as well.

i've already acknowleged twice in this thread that i was mistaken about the championship years. here's three times. congrats. pearl owns us. :bow:

gatormaniac
03-02-2009, 11:25 AM
Congrats to the Vols! Your guys deserved the win, no doubt about it. I was hoping the Gators could get over the hump Saturday, but just don't have the horses to keep up to UT right now.

orange&white
03-02-2009, 11:29 AM
i've already acknowleged twice in this thread that i was mistaken about the championship years. here's three times. congrats. pearl owns us. :bow:

Thank you. That's what I like to hear, lol. Bow to Pearl all Gators.

orange&white
03-02-2009, 11:31 AM
Since Pearl has been there Billy D is 44-17 against the rest of the SEC, so obviously it isn't as easy as you say g8rphish.

kentubbybasketball
03-02-2009, 11:37 AM
I bet UT would rather dominate Florida in football though.

Orangetd88
03-02-2009, 11:40 AM
I hate it when UT loses to any of it's rivals in football or basketball. Me personally, it's just as sweet. Of course if we get drubbed again this year, I may not feel that way after the game, but this is basketball season right now.

orange&white
03-02-2009, 11:41 AM
I bet UT would rather dominate Florida in football though.

Again that has nothing to do with this thread. Go start a UF dominates UT football thread if your worried about that.

kentubbybasketball
03-02-2009, 11:45 AM
I'm not really worried about it... it's just a comment like the other 47 posts in the thread.

Orangetd88
03-02-2009, 11:47 AM
I'd rather start one about UT's domination of UK in football.

That would only reciprocate a thread about UK's ownage of UT in bball, so let's forget all of that and just get back to the topic at hand.

kentubbybasketball
03-02-2009, 11:50 AM
I'd rather start one about UT's domination of UK in football.

That would only reciprocate a thread about UK's ownage of UT in bball, so let's forget all of that and just get back to the topic at hand.

You can start one about UT's domination over us in football, but it seems like the object of such threads would be to get UK fans to read it? Most fans don't even realize we have a football program... that's won 3 straight bowls games, like UT (no wait a second). LOL, jk

Calm down... I wasn't trying to bait anybody. We all just know that UT and UF fans care more about football... it's a nature of the beast.

Gatorbabe
03-02-2009, 11:55 AM
Well I tried talking about the game but no one answered my question. :p Apparently everyone (UT fans included) wants to talk about football. ;)

orange&white
03-02-2009, 12:04 PM
Well I tried talking about the game but no one answered my question. :p Apparently everyone (UT fans included) want to talk about football. ;)

I appreciate your effort. The UK UF game is absoultely huge. The loser will have to do some serious damage in the SECT to make the Big Dance. Hopefully both make it somehow.

bleedorange1983
03-02-2009, 12:05 PM
I appreciate your effort. The UK UF game is absoultely huge. The loser will have to do some serious damage in the SECT to make the Big Dance. Hopefully both make it somehow.

That was a mistype right?

orange&white
03-02-2009, 12:06 PM
You can start one about UT's domination over us in football, but it seems like the object of such threads would be to get UK fans to read it? Most fans don't even realize we have a football program... that's won 3 straight bowls games, like UT (no wait a second). LOL, jk

Calm down... I wasn't trying to bait anybody. We all just know that UT and UF fans care more about football... it's a nature of the beast.

Most fans........yes, but not all. I have plenty of friends that care just as much about both.

orange&white
03-02-2009, 12:07 PM
That was a mistype right?

Nah, I like to see all the SEC teams make it and love watching Calathes and Meeks play.

bleedorange1983
03-02-2009, 12:09 PM
Well I tried talking about the game but no one answered my question. :p Apparently everyone (UT fans included) wants to talk about football. ;)

Your boy GatorMan brought up football.

kentubbybasketball
03-02-2009, 01:32 PM

Most fans........yes, but not all. I have plenty of friends that care just as much about both.

By and large, certainly. It's the exact opposite here. I understand the concept.