SEC Arenas [Archive] - SEC Sports Forum | SEC Basketball | SEC Football

PDA

View Full Version : SEC Arenas

DawgNBama
02-27-2009, 05:38 PM
A spin-off of the SEC Stadiums thread, which SEC basketball arenas have you been to, and how would you rate them, not including your own team's arena.

Beard-Eaves: kinda big, and very loud for a concert I was at. Never been to a game there though.

MSUado
02-27-2009, 05:52 PM
I've been to State's obviously and I really like it. It's smaller but it's a classic setup, gets very loud, and there isn't a bad seat in the house.

Alabama's stadium is big but I don't like the set up in there at all.

Ole Miss' Tad Pad is probably the worst arena I've been to. It's small dark and cheap looking. I sat near the top and there was duct work hanging from the ceilings and it was pretty quiet in there.

GR8NESS
02-27-2009, 06:50 PM
UT- Alright. Annoying fans. We've whipped their asses every time I've been down there.

Vandy- Just plain goofy.

Texaubie
02-27-2009, 07:09 PM
Ive honestly never been to a road basketball game.

gmecockrugby
02-27-2009, 08:13 PM
rupp is by far the worst stadium and gameday environment ever....

if you could see me it was obvious I couldnt hold a straight face and say that at the same time

LSUTigers1404
02-27-2009, 08:26 PM
Never been to a road hoops game.

steelyvan
02-27-2009, 10:12 PM
you are missing out on a true lifetime experience by not going on the road in the SEC.

jh4uk
02-27-2009, 11:25 PM
the only basketball away game i've been to was tennessee, and i've done that several times. it's always pissed me off how they basically ripped off rupp with there design... just like unc. i've also have been to the s.e.c. tourney if that counts.

Dawg
02-28-2009, 10:01 AM
Only away game I've been to is @ Alabama, and the experience was awful. It's broad, flat and open - the fans are quiet if they even show up, and it seems every angle in Coleman is a bad one. Hated it.

Just Some Hog Dude
02-28-2009, 10:38 AM
Only away game I've been to is @ Alabama, and the experience was awful. It's broad, flat and open - the fans are quiet if they even show up, and it seems every angle in Coleman is a bad one. Hated it.

It is loud there when they have a good team.

msudawg4life
02-28-2009, 12:01 PM
Last time I was in T-Town at a game was before their renovation..it was a dump....I've been there since for my sisters graduation and it is looking alot better. I really do not like their seating arrangement though....you don't even feel like you are in the arena when you are up in the upper section.

There is nothing special about the hump, but it does get loud and it's a good place to see a basketball game....you have a good seat anywhere in the house.

The tad pad is well....I'll be nice and just not comment.

OffThePorch
02-28-2009, 12:07 PM
a few years ago i was in Hattiesburg spending the night... work related.. so i went to a USM home game. that place was so bad. ever since the Hump looks great.

cock15
03-02-2009, 12:12 AM
Go to S.Car's! Colonial Life Arena is AWESOME! The Garnet Army is crazy!

msudawgs1964
03-02-2009, 12:42 AM
The tad pad is well....I'll be nice and just not comment.

the hell with that..like I have said before, Port-a-Johns have more charm than that ****hole.

msudawgs1964
03-02-2009, 01:07 AM
btw, I used to be in awe of the PMAC, but it's quite long in the tooth at this point though I don't recall having a bad seat for anything I used to go to there, be it basketball or concerts.

Thunder Gulch
03-02-2009, 10:04 AM
I haven't been to Florida and haven't been to Auburn or SC, but have been to all of the others.

IMO, Arkansas is the best. Just a nice facility and a great atmosphere. The fans are

The others, in no particular order.....

TBA in Knoxville was better my last trip than my first one ten years ago. They really made some good improvements to the inside, though it is nothing to look at outside.

Kentucky was big, but not what I expected. My seats felt like I was on a 60 degree angle getting up the stairs. The folks down low didn't seem to be into the game other than taking the opportunity to yell at the refs.

Humphrey was actually a nice building with a good atmosphere for my visit.

Maravich was a little aged (2004 I believe), and I don't know if they have done much since.

Alabama wasn't good at all.

Ole MS was just bad and about 3,000 for a mid-week game the night Frieje broke Vandy's scoring record.

Georgia had a good team when I was there so I'd be curious to know how they are drawing now. Nothing out of the ordinary, but a comfortable building.

I've had season tickets to Vandy for 22 years (in school for 4 of those), and I appreciate it for what it is. It's much better today than it was before the major overhaul a few years back. While I understand some people don't like it because it's different, those familar with it love it for its uniqueness. I've seen all 4 of the #1 upsets since 87, so I know how that building can rock with a big game comes to town.

Vandy420
03-02-2009, 10:10 AM
Memorial Gym
TBA - Horrible place to watch a basketball game. Fans were not very into the game. (Vandy won by 30+) The fans had a very low basketball IQ, did not know much about the game and only talked about football, they didn't really pay attention to the game. We stopped into their old basketball arena an took a piss on the way to the car. (pissed on the court)

GEC - SEC Tourney. Good bball arena setup.

Just Some Hog Dude
03-02-2009, 12:31 PM
I have only been to Bud Walton Arena. My hears were ringing after one game there. It was so loud that it was painful at times.

I have just seen the other arenas on tv and in my opinion they are all really good when the home team is having a lot of success. SEC basketball fans in general are fair weather but they are great when the weather is fair and much better than most outside observers would think regardless. Eight SEC schools were in the top fifty in attendance in 2007 and seven were in the top 35.

http://www.ncaa.org/stats/m_basketball/attendance/2007_basketball_attend.pdf

g8rphish
03-02-2009, 12:43 PM
i've only been to the ODome (pre-Donovan) & vandy's Memorial Gym...

I got to go to the Duke-Maryland game in Durham a few weeks ago and sit courtside right in front of the Cameron Crazies -- easily one of the coolest sports experiences I've had. that atmosphere was flat-out unreal.

orange&white
03-02-2009, 12:54 PM
Memorial Gym
TBA - Horrible place to watch a basketball game. Fans were not very into the game. (Vandy won by 30+) The fans had a very low basketball IQ, did not know much about the game and only talked about football, they didn't really pay attention to the game. We stopped into their old basketball arena an took a piss on the way to the car. (pissed on the court)

TBA is much, much better now after the renovations. Go back and you would like it much better.

Orangetd88
03-02-2009, 01:01 PM
We stopped into their old basketball arena an took a piss on the way to the car. (pissed on the court)

And you call us rednecks.

Tell me, do you ever stop and think of what a hypocrite you are, or do you just not worry about it and live in enternal, hypocritical bliss?

Vandy420
03-02-2009, 02:39 PM
I haven't called anyone a redneck in a long time. UT is more of a hillbilly crowd anyway, maybe ridgerunner fits better. Sorry after all the crap I have seen UT fans do to Vandy stuff, pissing and puking on it, starting fights with elderly fans and their grand children, puking in the stands, cussing out children, throw full cups of beer on a 12 year old b/c he had vandy colors on, etc. UT deserves whatever they get. This was 5-6 years ago too, I wouldn't do it again, but I would go back an change it either.

Vandy420
03-02-2009, 02:41 PM
TBA is much, much better now after the renovations. Go back and you would like it much better.

I figure your right. The teams are better, the renovations, the entire atmosphere seems better than when i last went. I'm sure it's a good place to watch a game now since it actually gets pretty filled to capacity and there is excitement around the program.

Rocky@theTop
03-02-2009, 08:12 PM
Memorial Gym

I can always count on you to but the ASS in CLASS.

Rocky@theTop
03-02-2009, 08:23 PM
I haven't called anyone a redneck in a long time. UT is more of a hillbilly crowd anyway, maybe ridgerunner fits better. Sorry after all the crap I have seen UT fans do to Vandy stuff, pissing and puking on it, starting fights with elderly fans and their grand children, puking in the stands, cussing out children, throw full cups of beer on a 12 year old b/c he had vandy colors on, etc. UT deserves whatever they get. This was 5-6 years ago too, I wouldn't do it again, but I would go back an change it either.

All your venom is nothing but hearsay on your behalf... Funny thing is it's document how Vandy fans threw soda, seat cushions, etc. at UK when they blew a huge lead and lost... somewhere around 96-97.

Rocky@theTop
03-02-2009, 08:30 PM
Anyway, back on topic...

Been to Rupp once... UT won so it was a good experience. The crowd is similiar to UT's football crowd. All blue hairs... no pun intended. The UK tradition is something to be respected... even if they suck. LOL

Memorial Gym- I like to call it the Fire Hazard on West End. It gets very loud in there... The lower level sidelines seem like your usual big donor scene that you get at every school. Plenty of rednecks (yes Vandy has them) in the endzones and upper decks. Terrible sightlines throughout. The idea of the team benches is the most stupid thing in college sports. I'd rather watch a game in Oakland High School.

I'll leave TBA out of the discussion and it is by no means perfect.

The best visiting arena is not even in the SEC... Phog Allen Arena - IMO, no one in the SEC could touch.

socalwildcat
03-02-2009, 08:35 PM
UT- Alright. Annoying fans. We've whipped their asses every time I've been down there.

Vandy- Just plain goofy.

I've got to agree there. Who ever heard of the team benches behind the goals?

Orangetd88
03-02-2009, 08:37 PM
Agree with Rock on that last point.

I've been to Memorial, Bud Walton, and obviously TBA.

Rocky pretty much hit the nail on the head with Memorial. I can't imagine a worse place to watch a basketball game.

Bud Walton is very nice. Good atmosphere, love the HOF walk through displaying not only the basketball trophies, but the track and field trophies as well. I could do withought larger than life pictures of Corliss Williamson and Scotty Thurman. lol

GR8NESS
03-03-2009, 12:10 AM
Been to Rupp once... UT won so it was a good experience. The crowd is similiar to UT's football crowd. All blue hairs... no pun intended. The UK tradition is something to be respected... even if they suck. LOL

Scoreboard.

Orangetd88
03-03-2009, 07:13 AM
Scoreboard.

28-10.

Vandy420
03-03-2009, 08:11 AM
I've got to agree there. Who ever heard of the team benches behind the goals?

You do know that the SEC and NCAA made Vandy move the benches behind the goals b/c of a complaint filed by ....wait for it......Adolph Rupp. So if you want to complain blame Rupp for the benches where they are, all b/c his lazy a$$ didn't want to have to walk up 3 steps to get to the court.

And rocky show where it has been "document" of Vandy fans reacting like that. I would love to see it.

You call what I say hearsay, even though I saw it all with my own eyes, but then claim this about vandy and say it has been "document" without providing any proof at all. If you said I was at the UK game in 96-97 and I saw vandy fans throw blah blah blah, then it might hold water. But seems to me your making things up b/c your trash of a fan base was called out on the stuff I have witnessed them do.

SkyAntoine
03-03-2009, 08:13 AM

I've only been to the Mecca, but I agree with Rocky about the blue hairs. Of course I hope to be one of those guys that can some day afford the good seats, so I hate to say too much about them.

In the next few years, I hope to start using some of those weeks of vacation I have saved up to hit away games. I gotta go to Memorial next year to see us avenge ourselves when Meeks and Patterson come back...yes...you heard it first here....

GoBigO
03-03-2009, 08:59 AM
Memorial Gym

Wow...This explains so much about you...

So classless you are. :rolleyes:

Rocky@theTop
03-03-2009, 09:01 AM
You do know that the SEC and NCAA made Vandy move the benches behind the goals b/c of a complaint filed by ....wait for it......Adolph Rupp. So if you want to complain blame Rupp for the benches where they are, all b/c his lazy a$$ didn't want to have to walk up 3 steps to get to the court.

And rocky show where it has been "document" of Vandy fans reacting like that. I would love to see it.

You call what I say hearsay, even though I saw it all with my own eyes, but then claim this about vandy and say it has been "document" without providing any proof at all. If you said I was at the UK game in 96-97 and I saw vandy fans throw blah blah blah, then it might hold water. But seems to me your making things up b/c your trash of a fan base was called out on the stuff I have witnessed them do.

The last time you asked me to produce proof on something you got Stallings cussing mouth thrown at you. Trust me... YOUDON'TWANTNONE

GoBigO
03-03-2009, 09:11 AM
The best visiting arena is not even in the SEC... Phog Allen Arena - IMO, no one in the SEC could touch.

Co-sign...

I'll go out and say that TBA is probably one of the nicest arenas in the league (if not one of the nicest in the country now). It has more of a NBA arena feel to it than college which is kinda my only criticism. Even though those old gyms/arenas are a dying breed it's the sign of the times. Anyways, I would really like to visit Rupp and Bud Walton Arena. I also think it would be cool to visit the Colonial Life Arena and the ODome.

bleedorange1983
03-03-2009, 10:05 AM

Considering the fact that beer is not sold at Neyland or TBA during college games, I don't believe a word of what you say. And I have no-doubtedly been to more UT games than you have and I have never witnessed anything remotely close to what you claim to have seen.

VandyChuck
03-03-2009, 10:33 AM
You people bashing Memorial are just mad that you lost there or something. Best atmosphere you'll find! I don't get the comment about "bad sightlines". There's not a bad seat in the house. And no place gets louder...

orange&white
03-03-2009, 10:44 AM
You people bashing Memorial are just mad that you lost there or something. Best atmosphere you'll find! I don't get the comment about "bad sightlines". There's not a bad seat in the house. And no place gets louder...

Chuck you know there is terrible seats where your view is blocked. I probably picked the wrong game, but I didn't think Memorial was loud at all this past year for the UT/Vandy game. I'm sure it was just because Vandy was playing poorly.

VandyChuck
03-03-2009, 10:46 AM
Chuck you know there is terrible seats where your view is blocked. I probably picked the wrong game, but I didn't think Memorial was loud at all this past year for the UT/Vandy game. I'm sure it was just because Vandy was playing poorly.

nothing to cheer about in that game.

I can't imagine where you could possibly sit where your view is blocked. Unless it's at the back of the 2nd level, where the 3rd level overhang blocks your view of the jumbotron. I sit in the 3rd level and there's no better seat in the house.

orange&white
03-03-2009, 10:51 AM
nothing to cheer about in that game.

I can't imagine where you could possibly sit where your view is blocked. Unless it's at the back of the 2nd level, where the 3rd level overhang blocks your view of the jumbotron. I sit in the 3rd level and there's no better seat in the house.

OTD and Rocky posted the pics last year of where your view was blocked.

Orangetd88
03-03-2009, 11:03 AM
I sit in the 3rd level and there's no better seat in the house.

You need to get out more, seriously.

VandyChuck
03-03-2009, 11:10 AM
OTD and Rocky posted the pics last year of where your view was blocked.

I'd like to see those again if they still have them.

VandyChuck
03-03-2009, 11:11 AM
You need to get out more, seriously.

because I think my 3rd level seat that I've held for 10 years now is a good one?? Oh ok. Will do.

Orangetd88
03-03-2009, 11:39 AM
because I think my 3rd level seat that I've held for 10 years now is a good one?? Oh ok. Will do.

I can see how you wouldn't actually want to watch anything on the court if you were a Vandy fan. Or hear the PA, etc. lol

VandyChuck
03-03-2009, 11:48 AM
I can see how you wouldn't actually want to watch anything on the court if you were a Vandy fan. Or hear the PA, etc. lol

:rotf::rotf: OMG YEAH GOOD POINT!! :rotf::rotf:

Orangetd88
03-03-2009, 11:48 AM
Here you go, Chuck.

http://www.secfanatics.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=42229

kentubbybasketball
03-03-2009, 11:54 AM
I've been inside Rupp for a game, but I've been to TBA but not for a game.

VandyChuck
03-03-2009, 11:57 AM
I've been to TBA for a game and the sightline was terrible. There were all these seats and people in front of me. Some even stood up at times and it was annoying.

Rocky@theTop
03-03-2009, 12:25 PM
I've been to TBA for a game and the sightline was terrible. There were all these seats and people in front of me. Some even stood up at times and it was annoying.

I'm rubber... you're glue

Vandy420
03-03-2009, 12:32 PM
Considering the fact that beer is not sold at Neyland or TBA during college games, I don't believe a word of what you say. And I have no-doubtedly been to more UT games than you have and I have never witnessed anything remotely close to what you claim to have seen.

I was hit in the head with a full beer when I was 12 years old standing outside of Neyland Stadium. I could care less what you believe, or choose not to believe. You obviously do not see much of the gameday affairs when you go to a vandy-ut game b/c there is usually plenty of stuff to seeby both fanbases. I'm pretty sure if you are at a UT game and a UT fan your not going to experience the same thing as the opposing fans.

And Rocky last time I asked you to provide proof...you didn't provide anything even remotely close to facts or evidence to back up your...once again....bogus claim. You said you could prove where Stallings cussed during games....yet never produced one clip, one even remotely close to being fact proof. You just went on a rant about how you said it's true and you can prove it...but once again never proved anything. So once again I challenge you to provide proof...and once again you will provide nothing. My left nut has more cleverness in it than you do. Get off your rocker old man your done.

SkyAntoine
03-03-2009, 12:39 PM
Here you go, Chuck.

:cheers: Great thread.

Note to self: Don't buy crappy seats when you go watch the Cats stop Vandy at Memorial next year.

SkyAntoine
03-03-2009, 12:40 PM
I was hit in the head with a full beer when I was 12 years old standing outside of Neyland Stadium. I could care less what you believe, or choose not to believe. You obviously do not see much of the gameday affairs when you go to a vandy-ut game b/c there is usually plenty of stuff to seeby both fanbases. I'm pretty sure if you are at a UT game and a UT fan your not going to experience the same thing as the opposing fans.

:rotf::rotf:That explains so much! :rotf::rotf:

VandyChuck
03-03-2009, 01:05 PM
Here you go, Chuck.

That just reinforces my point!! What part of the floor CAN'T you see?!?!?

I don't need the PA announcer to tell me what's going on in the game like OTD. I can usually figure it out with the power of observation (coupled with my unmatched basketball knowledge)

Orangetd88
03-03-2009, 01:08 PM
That just reinforces my point!! What part of the floor CAN'T you see?!?!?

I don't need the PA announcer to tell me what's going on in the game like OTD. I can usually figure it out with the power of observation (coupled with my unmatched basketball knowledge)

Your excuses are pitiful, yet humorous.

A for comedy.

VandyChuck
03-03-2009, 01:12 PM
Your excuses are pitiful, yet humorous.

A for comedy.

OTD last year in Memorial: "Oooh, who's number 5, he's fixing to check in...DAMMIT I CAN'T HEAR THE ANNOUNCER"

OTD's more informed friend: "Umm, that's Lofton"

OTD: "GOD who was that foul on! I can't hear a thing!!"

OTD's MIF: "Just check one of the four stat scoreboards around the building in plain site. That 2nd number means fouls".

Orangetd88
03-03-2009, 01:17 PM
OTD last year in Memorial: "Oooh, who's number 5, he's fixing to check in...DAMMIT I CAN'T HEAR THE ANNOUNCER"

OTD's more informed friend: "Umm, that's Lofton"

OTD: "GOD who was that foul on! I can't hear a thing!!"

OTD's MIF: "Just check one of the four stat scoreboards around the building in plain site. That 2nd number means fouls".

Nice try, but you can't see those, either. :)

Rocky@theTop
03-03-2009, 01:24 PM
And Rocky last time I asked you to provide proof...you didn't provide anything even remotely close to facts or evidence to back up your...once again....bogus claim. You said you could prove where Stallings cussed during games....yet never produced one clip, one even remotely close to being fact proof. You just went on a rant about how you said it's true and you can prove it...but once again never proved anything. So once again I challenge you to provide proof...and once again you will provide nothing. My left nut has more cleverness in it than you do. Get off your rocker old man your done.

I'm not going to waste my time looking it up. It is what it is. No one is denying except YOU. Chuck has had season tickets for many years, I'm sure he can give you the date of Kentucky's comeback & the chaos that followed.

I do want to apologize for the cup of beer thrown at you while visiting Neyland Stadium. That was way out of line... it should have been a keg. (CAN I GET AN AMEN FROM THE GATOR NATION?)

kentubbybasketball
03-03-2009, 01:27 PM
Did he really have a beer thrown at him?

Rocky@theTop
03-03-2009, 01:28 PM

Have you seen him? I'm sure he just asked for one and dropped it.

Orangetd88
03-03-2009, 01:35 PM

Who knows? Consider the source and be your own judge.

Orangetd88
03-03-2009, 01:38 PM
Anyway, I'm glad you Vandy fans think you have something great in that dump of a gym over on West End. Gives you something to hold on to.

You would think they'd throw a little money into and fix some of that crap, but I digress.

Rocky@theTop
03-03-2009, 01:42 PM
You know OTD... I give them Hawkins Field. It's a 1st class facility, but Memorial and Dudley Field are terrible. Both should be bulldozed.

Orangetd88
03-03-2009, 01:51 PM
Agreed Rock. I have yet to see a game inside, but looking in, Hawkins Field looks first class.

Too bad the other facilities have not followed suit.

Vandy420
03-03-2009, 02:13 PM
The football stadium is under renovation so although it will still suck, it will be a little less sucky. Hopefully in 5 years when the reno is done it will be better. (CAN WE GET MORE RESTROOMS PLEASE!!)

Memorial is a great place, I just disagree with you. I have never had a bad seat anywhere there. I guess you have to like historical venues to respect it. They have poured lots of money into it recently and it is top notch.

I believe it was the year we lost either 65-0 or 56-0 that I was hit with the full beer (in a cup not a can) Then they all thought it was funny and laughed. THis was adults too not college students. It was thrown from the building attached to that bridge that runs next to the stadium and over where the pre-game show was done. That is where my hatred for all things UT comes from.

And Rocky, like I said once again you FAIL to provide any proof that you claimed to have.

VandyChuck
03-03-2009, 02:15 PM
You can talk about Dudley all you want, but I will NOT sit by and let the site of my future wedding be besmirched!

UT guys must think basketball was invented to be played in an arena...not a gym. These guys had the world's largest curtain in their ARENA up until this year, and THEY'RE talking crap?

Orangetd88
03-03-2009, 02:25 PM
You can talk about Dudley all you want, but I will NOT sit by and let the site of my future wedding be besmirched!

UT guys must think basketball was invented to be played in an arena...not a gym. These guys had the world's largest curtain in their ARENA up until this year, and THEY'RE talking crap?

When are you and 420 getting married?

Orangetd88
03-03-2009, 02:26 PM
The football stadium is under renovation so although it will still suck, it will be a little less sucky. Hopefully in 5 years when the reno is done it will be better. (CAN WE GET MORE RESTROOMS PLEASE!!)

Memorial is a great place, I just disagree with you. I have never had a bad seat anywhere there. I guess you have to like historical venues to respect it. They have poured lots of money into it recently and it is top notch.

I believe it was the year we lost either 65-0 or 56-0 that I was hit with the full beer (in a cup not a can) Then they all thought it was funny and laughed. THis was adults too not college students. It was thrown from the building attached to that bridge that runs next to the stadium and over where the pre-game show was done. That is where my hatred for all things UT comes from.

And Rocky, like I said once again you FAIL to provide any proof that you claimed to have.

You said earlier in the thread it was at Neyland and it was poured on you.

Get your stories right.

VandyChuck
03-03-2009, 02:30 PM
When are you and 420 getting married?

when are you and suckiness getting divorced?

Rocky@theTop
03-03-2009, 02:43 PM

Chuck... we know this. We first played in Alumni Hall then Stokley Athletic Center. The difference between UT and VU is that we accepted these venues had turned into a dump and built a new one. Vandy is still holding onto yesteryear trying to pass off Memorial as historic. :raz:

Orangetd88
03-03-2009, 02:56 PM
when are you and suckiness getting divorced?

We never got married. Just a a a weekend thing one year when I pulled for Vandy to beat either Florida or Bama. It didn't work, so I told her to go back you.

Vandy420
03-03-2009, 02:57 PM
You said earlier in the thread it was at Neyland and it was pooured on you.

Get your stories right.

wrong keep trying. I could really care less what you or any of the other crotch jockeys in orange think. It's funny how UT fans turn any thread with a vandy poster in it into a pissing match...no pun intended. Wasn't this meant to be a thread about the arenas you have visited? Not UT fans trying to talk trash about one of their rivals venues?

Orangetd88
03-03-2009, 02:59 PM
Keep trying what? You make yourself look silly. I am just simply pointing it out.

Rocky@theTop
03-03-2009, 03:20 PM
wrong keep trying. I could really care less what you or any of the other crotch jockeys in orange think. It's funny how UT fans turn any thread with a vandy poster in it into a pissing match...no pun intended. Wasn't this meant to be a thread about the arenas you have visited? Not UT fans trying to talk trash about one of their rivals venues?

You are the biggest hypocrite in the world.

This is post #17 of this thread...

It' was before any VOL chimed in on the subject. You need to lay off the weed!

Vandy420
03-03-2009, 03:43 PM
Man the thread topic is what SEC arenas have you visited and what did you think? I gave my opinion then got jumped on by every UT fan on the board. Why can't you just post what venues you have visited and stop attacking my post? UT fans were the ones to go on a hissy fit and attack my post and our gym.

Maybe you need to hit the weed b/c your panties are obviously cutting off your circulation and making you way too uptight.

Rocky@theTop
03-03-2009, 03:45 PM
Man the thread topic is what SEC arenas have you visited and what did you think? I gave my opinion then got jumped on by every UT fan on the board. Why can't you just post what venues you have visited and stop attacking my post? UT fans were the ones to go on a hissy fit and attack my post and our gym.

Maybe you need to hit the weed b/c your panties are obviously cutting off your circulation and making you way too uptight.

Let me get this straight... it's OK for you to attack our fan base, but we cannot attack your facilities?

Three words: CRACK IS WACK!

GoBigO
03-03-2009, 03:52 PM
I'm not going to waste my time looking it up. It is what it is. No one is denying except YOU. Chuck has had season tickets for many years, I'm sure he can give you the date of Kentucky's comeback & the chaos that followed.

I do want to apologize for the cup of beer thrown at you while visiting Neyland Stadium. That was way out of line... it should have been a keg. (CAN I GET AN AMEN FROM THE GATOR NATION?)

:rotf: must...spread...rep.

Even if you provided proof to 420, his computer monitor would be so cloudy from all the "haze" in the room he wouldn't remember if you did. :D

Orangetd88
03-03-2009, 04:09 PM
Let me get this straight... it's OK for you to attack our fan base, but we cannot attack your facilities?

Yep! Just like it is OK for him to smoke pot, but when players do it (specifically UT players) they are thugs and should go to jail.

Why do you think he has been Hypocrite420 for so long in my book?

Orangetd88
03-03-2009, 04:14 PM
Anyway...I'm surprised that more here haven't traveled to other gyms.

Guess it is still a football conference.

GoBigO
03-03-2009, 04:21 PM
Yep! Just like it is OK for him to smoke pot, but when players do it (specifically UT players) they are thugs and should go to jail.

Why do you think he has been Hypocrite420 for so long in my book?

Remember, it's "OK" for him to do it cause according to him they can't because they represent the university they go to. :rolleyes: :rotf:

Anyways, how bout those SEC arenas?? The HUMP hasn't been discussed much. Big roof...

govandy0620
03-03-2009, 09:04 PM
Memorial is historic and is Vandy's home. UT fans are never going to like it. However, Vandy consistently fills it up on a yearly basis and we have had many special moments in there. We call it Memorial Magic. It's pointless trying to explain it to them. Neyland is to UT as Memorial is to Vandy.

Vandy420
03-04-2009, 12:11 PM
Yea b/c a person who is given a $100,000+ scholarship to play sports and get a free education, that are representing the entire university should not be held to a higher standard than a person who works for his money, had to pay his own way to college and represents only himself not an entire university.....yea no difference there. Whats funny is you actually think it's ok for a player that receives a free education only to have to play sports to do drugs. Thats whats funny. You don't see it as anything wrong b/c they go to UT.

And I didn't attack any fanbase until I was attacked by all the UT fans. I merely gave my opinion on my experience at TBA, which the topic thread was about. Then UT fans jumped all over me.

Looks like your just obsessed with me.

And rocky....you still have not provided any proof at all to back up any of your claims...you just keep changing the subject...and deflecting the proof request. Trying to change the topic to me and what I say instead of providing the proof you claim to be able to provide.

Please produce the proof you claim to have....I would love to see it. No need to change the subject again..I will gladly eat crow once you finally produce the proof you claimed. We all know there is no way you will ever provide it, just try to find a way to attack my post again.

Rocky@theTop
03-04-2009, 03:54 PM
And rocky....you still have not provided any proof at all to back up any of your claims...you just keep changing the subject...and deflecting the proof request. Trying to change the topic to me and what I say instead of providing the proof you claim to be able to provide.

Please produce the proof you claim to have....I would love to see it. No need to change the subject again..I will gladly eat crow once you finally produce the proof you claimed. We all know there is no way you will ever provide it, just try to find a way to attack my post again.

I've already embarassed you enough...

Vandy fans are just as rednecks as the rest of the SEC, Stallings has a potty mouth, you're delusional & a pot head, etc.

GoBigO
03-04-2009, 04:13 PM
Yea b/c a person who is given a $100,000+ scholarship to play sports and get a free education, that are representing the entire university should not be held to a higher standard than a person who works for his money, had to pay his own way to college and represents only himself not an entire university.....yea no difference there. Whats funny is you actually think it's ok for a player that receives a free education only to have to play sports to do drugs. Thats whats funny. You don't see it as anything wrong b/c they go to UT.

And I didn't attack any fanbase until I was attacked by all the UT fans. I merely gave my opinion on my experience at TBA, which the topic thread was about. Then UT fans jumped all over me.

:lol: :rotf: You could only be so lucky. :kiss:

I never said it was "OK" for players to do drugs or anyone for that matter. Provide me proof where I actually said that (wow, I sound just like you). Just another attempt to fabricate things so your post can sound a "little" more educated. Geez, man...you absolutely crack me up justifying that is OK for you to do it and not someone else. More proof why people call you Hypocrite 420.

Anyways, your rebuttal FAILED! Keep smoking that Constance Gee Gonja, OK...Next...

Orangetd88
03-04-2009, 07:41 PM

http://i.zdnet.com/blogs/5-avoidable-reasons-it-projects-fail.jpg

Beep Beep! Here comes the FAILDOZER!!!!!!!!!!

http://yasik.kiev.ua/4chan/Faildozer.jpg

Vandy420
03-05-2009, 07:48 AM
So you are saying there is not a difference between a college athlete that plays a sport and represents a university, and is given a $100,000+ education for free smoking pot, and a ex-college student who worked full time and paid his own way to college and now works for a living smoking pot? Interesting.

GoBigO
03-05-2009, 08:43 AM
So you are saying there is not a difference between a college athlete that plays a sport and represents a university, and is given a $100,000+ education for free smoking pot, and a ex-college student who worked full time and paid his own way to college and now works for a living smoking pot? Interesting.

Nope. Dope is ILLEGAL and maybe this should go in the Tank but for you to be justifying an illegal substance and saying it's acceptable for you to take and someone else they can't is just damn silly. Think about what you are saying. :rolleyes:

Vandy420
03-05-2009, 08:50 AM
I am saying that a athlete receiving a state funded education for playing a sport should be held to higher standards than a person that earns their money by working and does not represent a university. Is that so hard for you to understand?

Let me ask you...why do athletes have to take drug test but people that are not athletes do not? Seems I'm not the only one seeing it that way.

You UT fans are arguing against me not against the discussion. You are so blinded by homerism that you are saying anything to disagree with me, and are not actually looking at the facts.

And rocky you have never embarrassed my. Keep dreaming and thinking you have b/c thats about as close as you will ever get. You keep changing the subject b/c you could not back up your idiotic statements. Might want to sit back and relax there grandpa, this isn't the old days, just b/c other UT fans agree with you does not mean you have actually ever done anything except make up names and make claims you cannot back up with proof you said you had.

Vandy420
03-05-2009, 08:53 AM
Nope. Dope is ILLEGAL and maybe this should go in the Tank but for you to be justifying an illegal substance and saying it's acceptable for you to take and someone else they can't is just damn silly. Think about what you are saying. :rolleyes:

It is legal in more places on earth than it is illegal. It is legal inside the United States it just depends on where you live. In CA for example it is legal if you have a liscense (which you can get by complaining your back hurts or you have a migrane) yet still illegal for athletes in CA......I wonder why? Oh yea they are held to a higher standard b/c.....get this........they are athletes and are receiving a free education b/c the play a sport and represent a university.....but wait that can;t be right........legal for normal people...yet illegal for athletes......but that would mean....wait for it.....yuor wrong.

GoBigO
03-05-2009, 09:06 AM
It is legal in more places on earth than it is illegal. It is legal inside the United States it just depends on where you live. In CA for example it is legal if you have a liscense (which you can get by complaining your back hurts or you have a migrane) yet still illegal for athletes in CA......I wonder why? Oh yea they are held to a higher standard b/c.....get this........they are athletes and are receiving a free education b/c the play a sport and represent a university.....but wait that can;t be right........legal for normal people...yet illegal for athletes......but that would mean....wait for it.....yuor wrong.

As always you use illogical logic to justify yourself.

You tire me...Memorial Gym is such a unique basketball arena not only in the SEC but nationally (<--my "getting back to topic post") :rolleyes:

Vandy420
03-05-2009, 09:31 AM
Illogical Logic...wow that's all I can say.

Rocky@theTop
03-05-2009, 09:34 AM
I am saying that a athlete receiving a state funded education for playing a sport should be held to higher standards than a person that earns their money by working and does not represent a university. Is that so hard for you to understand?

Let me ask you...why do athletes have to take drug test but people that are not athletes do not? Seems I'm not the only one seeing it that way.

You UT fans are arguing against me not against the discussion. You are so blinded by homerism that you are saying anything to disagree with me, and are not actually looking at the facts.

And rocky you have never embarrassed my. Keep dreaming and thinking you have b/c thats about as close as you will ever get. You keep changing the subject b/c you could not back up your idiotic statements. Might want to sit back and relax there grandpa, this isn't the old days, just b/c other UT fans agree with you does not mean you have actually ever done anything except make up names and make claims you cannot back up with proof you said you had.

Denial is not a river.

Vandy420
03-05-2009, 10:01 AM
Denial is not a river.

You are right, if I couldn't back up my talk, like you, I would try to deflect the subject by making short posts and trying to act clever like you are.....nice.

Anyway this is getting old, I have shut both of you up, so my job is done. Next thread.

Rocky@theTop
03-05-2009, 10:40 AM
You are right, if I couldn't back up my talk, like you, I would try to deflect the subject by making short posts and trying to act clever like you are.....nice.

Anyway this is getting old, I have shut both of you up, so my job is done. Next thread.

You haven't shut me up... I just continue to watch you make yourself look like a fool. For 3 years you've thrown crap out there just to see what sticks. I'm not going to give you the satisfaction of me trying to dig up something from a decade ago. Fact is, not one other single Vandy fan is denying what happened vs. Kentucky in January of 1998. I dont' see VandyChuck, steelyvan, vandy0620, GoCommies, or any other Vandy fan defending you.

I proved you wrong about Kevin Stallings and now my track record speaks for itself.

Vandy420
03-05-2009, 10:49 AM
Umm first you never proved anything against Kevin Stallings. You claimed to have proof to back up your claims if him cussing on the sidelines during games. I called you out....you never produced any proof what so ever. No one denied he hs cussed in his life but just about every Vandy fan agreed that you were wrong in saying he cussed during games, b/c none of us agreed with your statement. I asked you to prove it and you said umm see i was right i told you so....but you weren't right, not one vandy fan agreed with you...and you failed to provide the proof you said you had.

2nd, you again claimed to have proof of the UK incident, I asked you to provide the proof you clained to have and once again....you failed to produce any of this proof you claimed to have or to be able to produce. You just changed the subject, called me names, and then said oh see I'm right, even though you never provided anything factual at all.

Funny how instead of providing the proof, on either subject, that you claimed to be able to do, you instead say...my track record speaks for itself. I challenged you to provide the proof, you tucked your tail between your legs and changed the topic instead trying to bring up other things about me to deflect your lack of evidence.

Rocky@theTop
03-05-2009, 11:03 AM
Umm first you never proved anything against Kevin Stallings. You claimed to have proof to back up your claims if him cussing on the sidelines during games. I called you out....you never produced any proof what so ever. No one denied he hs cussed in his life but just about every Vandy fan agreed that you were wrong in saying he cussed during games, b/c none of us agreed with your statement. I asked you to prove it and you said umm see i was right i told you so....but you weren't right, not one vandy fan agreed with you...and you failed to provide the proof you said you had.

Coach Speak
By Jeff Lippman - October 25, 2007

BIRMINGHAM, Ala. -- The topic that seemed to interest Vanderbilt coach Kevin Stallings the most at this SEC Media Days was the fact that swearing on the sidelines would no longer be tolerated by SEC officials, according to the statement made by supervisor of officials Boudreaux.

Stallings, apparently one who enjoys a good swear on the sidelines, said he understands the basis behind the new rulings, but says it will be difficult to change his ways, that's just how he talks.

Well, I'll let him tell you, he said it best.

"We're just out there trying to do our job, just like they are just out there trying to do their job," Stallings said of the officials. "As far as the swearing and cursing and things, I'm probably in trouble first of all."

See, I told you he has a penchant for the four-letter word.

"I can see in a situation where an official is running away from me and I say something like, 'Shoot!' Well, is the guy gonna turn around and T me up because he thinks I said something else?" the coach asked. "I truly am all for sportsmanship and I think the official has every right if they want to put a rule in that says if you direct some abusive language towards the official, to bust the guy up. But an official said to me one time, 'Coach, you swore at me.' I said, 'I swore? That's how I talk, it wasn't intended for you'."

So how did coach Stallings learn the art of the cursed word? Anyone who knows how former Purdue coach Gene Keady spoke on a basketball court would understand.

"I worked for Gene Keady, you know, come on," an exasperated Stallings said to laughter abound. "When he and coach [Bobby] Knight were coaching against each other, the officials didn't get all squirrly because they heard one of them drop out something that might have offended the four year old in the fourth row."

Stallings is most concerned with officials misinterpreting his foul language as directed to them, or even more importantly, will they give him a technical foul just for swearing at his own players?

"I'm not for the coaches being able to rant and all that, but as a coach, you learn to speak a language that your team understands and they learn to understand the language that you speak," he said. "If I want to say something to a player, I ought to be able to say something to one of my players. My players don't seem to have a lot of problems with what I say."

Posted by Jeff Lippman at 11:32 AM on October 25, 2007
http://slog.cstv.com/hangtime/2007/10/coach_speak.html

You've been served!

Vandy420
03-05-2009, 12:16 PM
Just to be clear he has not been T'd up due to cussing for as long as I can remember. Like I said in an earlier post, and vandychuck 1st mentioned it, no one is claiming he does not cuss. But I have never heard, or seen him T'd up for cussing. This article was from 2 years ago also. You implied he is known for cussing during games, wouldn't he have been t'd up for it since the SEC told the officials to T up a coach if he cusses? But he hasn't, whats the deal?

GoBigO
03-06-2009, 09:37 AM
Good God...just accept defeat and move on. :rotf:

orange&white
03-06-2009, 11:14 AM
Just to be clear he has not been T'd up due to cussing for as long as I can remember. Like I said in an earlier post, and vandychuck 1st mentioned it, no one is claiming he does not cuss. But I have never heard, or seen him T'd up for cussing. This article was from 2 years ago also. You implied he is known for cussing during games, wouldn't he have been t'd up for it since the SEC told the officials to T up a coach if he cusses? But he hasn't, whats the deal?

The deal with that is officials use common sense and don't call it unless they call the ref a name.

Vandy420
03-06-2009, 11:58 AM
Good God...just accept defeat and move on. :rotf:

Rocky he is talking to me......

Orangetd88
03-06-2009, 06:02 PM
Memorial is still a dump. :)

Thunder Gulch
03-06-2009, 06:33 PM
Let it go folks. We get the fact that you don't like anything except a cookie cutter round arena with aluminum siding and that's your right. To call Memorial a dump is laughable. It's unique in the world of college basketball in the same way Fenway Park's setup differs from a concrete bowl such as old Three Rivers Stadium. I think that's what makes it great or not, depending on your tastes and apparently on whether or not you like Vanderbilt. Several "outsiders" including prominent media have written about how much they like it, but they weren't adversely affected by sitting on the top row and weren't apt to cry conspiracy when the home team gets to shoot more free throws.

Orangetd88
03-06-2009, 06:42 PM
LOL @ that comparison.

Rocky@theTop
03-07-2009, 09:05 AM
LOL @ that comparison.

Bullldoze the fire hazard on West End.

bleedorange1983
03-07-2009, 09:37 AM
Let it go folks. We get the fact that you don't like anything except a cookie cutter round arena with aluminum siding and that's your right. To call Memorial a dump is laughable. It's unique in the world of college basketball in the same way Fenway Park's setup differs from a concrete bowl such as old Three Rivers Stadium. I think that's what makes it great or not, depending on your tastes and apparently on whether or not you like Vanderbilt. Several "outsiders" including prominent media have written about how much they like it, but they weren't adversely affected by sitting on the top row and weren't apt to cry conspiracy when the home team gets to shoot more free throws.

That's what mothers call their ugly babies...UNIQUE.

GoBigO
03-07-2009, 11:05 AM
That's what mothers call their ugly babies...UNIQUE.

My thoughts exactly. LOL

I have sat in that top tier section at Memorial and (the view) is horrible. You can't see the majority of the facility and the "cinemascope" view that some refer to it is a terrible way to watch a basketball game. If it was so great, why hasn't other schools followed suit and built their gyms/arenas the same way?

P.S. It's also a fire hazard. :raz:

MKAU
03-07-2009, 11:22 AM
Auburn (home stadium) - It's getting torn down for a reason. The new one will be awesome though.

Alabama - It was a dump inside but they did a very nice renovation job a little while back. If you're in the corners it's a worse seat than in the corners at stadiums with more rounded seating. Kind of far away from the action in all seats. It doesn't look like much from the outside.

UGA - It's not easy to spot if you're not a frequent visitor to Athens and already know where everything is, but it's not that bad looking once you realize that it's the basketball arena you're looking at. Inside is alright. Average in my book.

Georgia Dome - Seating sucks no matter where you are, but they are the most comfortable seats.

BJCC (I've seen SEC teams play in the NCAA tourny here) - First few rows of the upper deck is the place to be. It's a great seat from there.

Just Some Hog Dude
03-07-2009, 11:24 AM

I agree completely. Its a neat place.

ukfan339
03-07-2009, 03:35 PM
Ive been to:
-Rupp-Best experience ever!
-UT-Good like Rupp
-Vandy-By far one of the weirdest arenas I've been to!
-UGA- Good looking just really quiet...
Non SEC:
-UL-Crappy
-UNLV-Awesome Arena!
-EKU-Crappy
-WKU-Nice

bleedorange1983
03-08-2009, 10:00 AM
Ive been to:
-Rupp-Best experience ever!
-UT-Good like Rupp
-Vandy-By far one of the weirdest arenas I've been to!
-UGA- Good looking just really quiet...
Non SEC:
-UL-Crappy
-UNLV-Awesome Arena!
-EKU-Crappy
-WKU-Nice

I was wondering, I have never been to Rupp and I have heard a couple of UK fans say that we ripped them off. Can anyone enlighten me a little?

ukfan339
03-08-2009, 06:01 PM
I guess it mean that UT's Arena is Just like Rupp except for some small differences, 1, The score/Video board is on the roof instead of on the corners like at Rupp, 2, UT's Arena uses a lot more steel while at Rupp it's mainly Concrete, 3, Seating capacity is higher at Rupp 4, UT's Arena has Luxury Boxes while Rupp doesn't (which is a major reason UK might get a new arena in a few years) also so lastly There is 7 NCAA championship banners at Rupp while UT has none....:P

Rocky@theTop
03-08-2009, 07:31 PM
also so lastly There is 7 NCAA championship banners at Rupp while UT has none....:P

WRONG... Thompson Boling holds 8 National Championship banner. Unlike @ Kentucky; our women are not second class citizens and relegated to the gym down the street.

ukfan339
03-08-2009, 11:23 PM
I was talking about Mens...lol, but yes you are correct. Also I've heard Thompson Bowling Arena has 25,000 seats is this true?

Vandy420
03-09-2009, 10:09 AM
Haha UT fans bragging about womens championship banners haha funny

RailroadGin
03-09-2009, 10:11 AM

I know it's women's basketball, but that type of dominance in impressive in any sport.

MKAU
03-09-2009, 11:36 AM
Haha UT fans bragging about womens championship banners haha funnyThat's an odd comment to make considering what the Vanderbilt women did yesterday. Quite an accomplishment that you seem to completely disrespect your own university doing.

Rocky@theTop
03-09-2009, 12:22 PM
That's an odd comment to make considering what the Vanderbilt women did yesterday. Quite an accomplishment that you seem to completely disrespect your own university doing.

Logic only works with him when it benefits Vandy or discredits Tennessee.

Here's some of the hypocrite's work... http://www.secfanatics.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=54319

Rocky@theTop
03-09-2009, 12:22 PM
I was talking about Mens...lol, but yes you are correct. Also I've heard Thompson Bowling Arena has 25,000 seats is this true?

TBA held 25K until the renovations and suites were added. It's now a little over 21K.

GoBigO
03-09-2009, 04:37 PM

Yep.

BTW, the lady below is wondering why you seem to discount womens championship banners???
http://web.knoxnews.com/special/020209summitt1000/summitt-1000-wide5.jpg

rolling baby
03-09-2009, 06:53 PM
Let's be real here, Men's bball >>> Women's bball. Thank god it's just the UT vs. UConn show anymore in women's, though. There's actually real competition nowadays.

Vandy420
03-10-2009, 08:50 AM
So me saying good job to Vandy's womens team for winning a game is the same as UT fans bragging they have more womens championship banners than UK has mens? If I was bragging about Vandy's team then I can understand, but saying good job is a little different than bragging.

And yes it is impressive how dominant they have been, I agree. UT's womens program is 2nd to none.

Pat Head is a great coach. My mother played HS basketball with her. I respect her tremendously as a person, and coach.

I just think it's funny when you brag about Womens sport championships.

Rocky@theTop
03-10-2009, 10:40 AM
So me saying good job to Vandy's womens team for winning a game is the same as UT fans bragging they have more womens championship banners than UK has mens? If I was bragging about Vandy's team then I can understand, but saying good job is a little different than bragging.

And yes it is impressive how dominant they have been, I agree. UT's womens program is 2nd to none.

Pat Head is a great coach. My mother played HS basketball with her. I respect her tremendously as a person, and coach.

Only in your world can you have it both ways.

Orangetd88
03-10-2009, 08:12 PM
Only in your world can you have it both ways.

Please, leave his sexual preferences out of this forum.

Thank you.

bleedorange1983
03-10-2009, 08:15 PM

I'll admit I wouldn't follow UT's women if they weren't so successful. But regardless, it is something we CAN brag about. Your turn.

GR8NESS
03-10-2009, 08:27 PM
I'll admit I wouldn't follow UT's women if they weren't so successful. But regardless, it is something we CAN brag about. Your turn.

Women's Bowling!

Vandy420
03-11-2009, 09:22 AM
Hey I agree they are so successful it would be hard not to brag about it. But it just seems funny you only have womens basketball to brag about. Our girls won the SEC championship 2 of the past 3 seasons, but I didn't brag about winnign or even touch the subject other than maybe saying good job. So trying to act like I posted something I did not won;t get you anywhere. It's pretty funny your arguing with a UK fan about the number of basketball championship banners you have, when yours are only womens.

I'm not dogging you or talking trash about it, I just find it funny.

If we had 9 national titles in womens basketball I would probably be the same way. No hostilities here, just think it's funny.

GoBigO
03-11-2009, 11:49 AM
Hey I agree they are so successful it would be hard not to brag about it. But it just seems funny you only have womens basketball to brag about. Our girls won the SEC championship 2 of the past 3 seasons, but I didn't brag about winnign or even touch the subject other than maybe saying good job. So trying to act like I posted something I did not won;t get you anywhere. It's pretty funny your arguing with a UK fan about the number of basketball championship banners you have, when yours are only womens.

I'm not dogging you or talking trash about it, I just find it funny.

If we had 9 national titles in womens basketball I would probably be the same way. No hostilities here, just think it's funny.

1,2,3,4, So what you're saying is that you find it funny?? :think:

ukfan339
03-11-2009, 01:02 PM
You have to respect teams like the UT Lady Vols, wining 8 NCAA Championships is excellent under 5 coaches but under 1? Have to respect 'em!

Vandy420
03-11-2009, 01:27 PM
I definitly respect them. Like I said I just find it funny they brag about womens titles. Thats all.

GoBigO
03-11-2009, 03:33 PM
I definitly respect them. Like I said I just find it funny they brag about womens titles. Thats all.

Just to make sure we're all on the same page...it's funny?

Rocky@theTop
03-11-2009, 11:10 PM

I'll brag about our football, women's basketball, men's track, women's track, swimming & diving, ect Titles, while you tell us all about beating Maryland Eastern Shore for the Bowling Title.