AJ Stewart at Kentucky? [Archive] - SEC Sports Forum | SEC Basketball | SEC Football

PDA

View Full Version : AJ Stewart at Kentucky?

steelyvan
02-27-2009, 01:55 PM
What is the story on AJ? Rumored leaving the team. Sorry if this has already been discussed on another thread.

kentubbybasketball
02-27-2009, 02:23 PM
Your guess is as good as anyone's.

According to his mother: "I spoke with AJ and he told me he did not quit. I dont know if he is still on the team."

Seems like she doesn't even know, but they may have changed since she said this.

GatorMan32
02-27-2009, 02:32 PM
has he played this year? dont remember him from any UK games i watched.

VandyChuck
02-27-2009, 02:35 PM
has he played this year? dont remember him from any UK games i watched.

He had like 12 against us at Memorial. Not a bad player.

kentubbybasketball
02-27-2009, 02:57 PM
Here is where we are…..AJ Stewart did not practice with the team yesterday and his locker was cleared out at the practice facility. After the South Carolina game, there was some conversation between Stewart and the Coach, potentially in which Stewart “quit” the team. This is not the first time this has happened and AJ has returned from previous dismissals from the team in the past. He showed up for practice on Thursday but was not permitted to practice with the team. His mother said last night that he didnt quit but that his status with the team was unknown.

As of today, UK is reporting no roster changes. Billy Gillispie has a press conference later this afternoon. If the dismissal is permanent, we will know at that time.

http://new.kentuckysportsradio.com/?p=14650