Devan Downey--Interesting Read Inside [Archive] - SEC Sports Forum | SEC Basketball | SEC Football

PDA

View Full Version : Devan Downey--Interesting Read Inside

kentubbybasketball
02-26-2009, 02:44 PM
You gotta read this... if you didn't respect Downey before, I don't know why you can't after this.

Amidst all of the doom and gloom, something to applaud. John Clay in his column today mentioned an interesting moment towards the end of last night’s game. You may have seen where, after a long series of frustrating plays, Patrick Patterson slammed the ball down after a basket, not out of anger but likely as a “Finally!” type outpouring of emotion. Clay reports that Patterson was about to get a technical from official Mike Pitts but that Devan Downey stopped Pitts and asked him to hold off.

I must say that in reading that, I have a great deal of respect for Downey. Great players recognize when other great players are working their tails off…..Downey saw that in Patterson last night. In stopping the technical, he showcased his respect for Patrick and his effort. That is worthy of some Big Blue Nation praise.

http://new.kentuckysportsradio.com/

JRS
02-26-2009, 03:20 PM
Way to go Downey. I think we all new Patterson was doing that out of frustration and they made the correct call.

kentubbybasketball
02-26-2009, 03:39 PM
Another point in this is that it underscores how much our officials SUCK!

JRS
02-26-2009, 03:45 PM
They are pretty bad. The UGA game and Arky game were terrible, and it was the same crew for both games.

SCfan804
02-26-2009, 09:01 PM
Yeah I remember that moment.... I know the rules are the rules, but you have to bite the whistle and exercise some discretion at certain times. SEC officials, especially in football, don't seem to grasp this concept.

cock15
02-26-2009, 09:04 PM
Downeys a beast.