UGA beats Vandy [Archive] - SEC Sports Forum | SEC Basketball | SEC Football

PDA

View Full Version : UGA beats Vandy

Djshockley3
02-25-2009, 09:10 PM
61-57....I told you GG. I said that UGA's would beat Vandy in Athens, that was before we beat UF. It was a pretty ugly game, Vandy started off the game like 2-20 or something like that.

XPS
02-25-2009, 09:11 PM
Good win Ga...

scgamecock312
02-25-2009, 09:13 PM
congrats on the win....we go to Nashville Saturday and I'm actually kinda worried.

steelyvan
02-25-2009, 09:25 PM
you can rest easy.....

georgiaguy31015
02-25-2009, 09:50 PM
Glad to hear it and I can admit it I was wrong. It's nothing new lol. Good call Dj.

OffThePorch
02-25-2009, 10:12 PM
grats UGA!

GDawg88
02-25-2009, 10:14 PM
2-2 over the last four games. The SEC Tournament is coming up. Get nervous, SEC. ;)

gmecockrugby
02-25-2009, 10:15 PM
maan i have a really dark deep feeling uga is gonna ruin our season the last game of the year........oh boy

MSUado
02-25-2009, 10:36 PM
Good win Georgia.

Vandy420
02-26-2009, 08:13 AM
Good win UGA. We were down what 15 and made a run to go up by one. We had chances but ogilvy missed the front end of a 1 and 1, then missed a close layup. He then took a wide open 3 to tie the game with 2 minutes left but missed. I don;t know why George Drake had the ball witha minute left trying to tie? Makes no sense.

weegeman
02-26-2009, 08:18 AM
Nice win Georgia.

SkyAntoine
02-26-2009, 10:06 AM
2-2 over the last four games. The SEC Tournament is coming up. Get nervous, SEC. ;)
Could the Georgia nader touch down in Tampa?

VandyChuck
02-26-2009, 10:16 AM
I remember coming back from the under 8 timeout (listening on the radio), and Joe Fisher points out that Vandy was shooting 6.8% from the field (I think 1-15 or something like that.) and that ONE FG was on a goaltend, so our first actual field goal that went through the hoop didn't happen until about the 6 minute mark of the 1st half.

We hold Woodbury and Thompkins to like 14 points on 6-24 shooting. But McPhee goes off. Typical. Coach Stallings is playing the Drake/McClellan combination way too much. People are starting to take notice of the fact that this is when teams are going on their runs against us, but apparantly our coaching staff isn't.

orange&white
02-26-2009, 10:58 AM
No offense Georgia fans, but I can't believe this team has won 2 conference games.

steelyvan
02-26-2009, 11:02 AM
UGa's interim coach is really a pretty accomplished guy and may be having an impact.

orange&white
02-26-2009, 11:20 AM
UGa's interim coach is really a pretty accomplished guy and may be having an impact.

They still have lost 5 of the 8 games he has coached by double figures and most of those they were out of the game with 10 minutes left in the game. The only games he has had them competitive at all were the wins over Florida and Vanderbilt and a loss to a bad Bama team.

Djshockley3
02-26-2009, 11:23 AM
McPhee is the man, my favorite player.

SECgamecock453
02-26-2009, 11:28 AM
McPhee was the random white guy we made fun of when UGA played here. We kept yelling at him "WHO THE HELL ARE YOU?" I'm pretty sure he had 0 points, and we were asking ourselves if the coach even wanted him to take shots.

Herchel
02-26-2009, 12:44 PM
We're #11, we're #11. Take that, Hog fans. :rotf:

Djshockley3
02-26-2009, 01:21 PM
McPhee was the random white guy we made fun of when UGA played here. We kept yelling at him "WHO THE HELL ARE YOU?" I'm pretty sure he had 0 points, and we were asking ourselves if the coach even wanted him to take shots.

McPhee is a really good shooter. The team calls him McThree.

Djshockley3
02-26-2009, 01:22 PM
We're #11, we're #11. Take that, Hog fans. :rotf:

The 11th place game will be on Sunday at 3. :cheers:

kentubbybasketball
02-26-2009, 01:30 PM
I remember coming back from the under 8 timeout (listening on the radio), and Joe Fisher points out that Vandy was shooting 6.8% from the field (I think 1-15 or something like that.) and that ONE FG was on a goaltend, so our first actual field goal that went through the hoop didn't happen until about the 6 minute mark of the 1st half.

We hold Woodbury and Thompkins to like 14 points on 6-24 shooting. But McPhee goes off. Typical. Coach Stallings is playing the Drake/McClellan combination way too much. People are starting to take notice of the fact that this is when teams are going on their runs against us, but apparantly our coaching staff isn't.

Wow, never thought I'd see the day you'd have the audacity to criticize Coach Stallings. Are you kidding me.:raz:

Thunder Gulch
02-26-2009, 01:46 PM

We simply don't have a point guard who can penetrate or a shooting guard who can create his own shot. Without one of these, it becomes very easy to defend by just collapsing a defense around Ogilvy while Vandy passes the ball around the perimeter amongst a few guys who can't shoot. McClelland and Drake are decent players/defenders, but I could beat them in a game of H-O-R-S-E with either hand.

Looking to next year, they better find a guard who can take it to the hole or pray that the combination of Tinsley-Jenkins can open things up with consistent outside shooting.

VandyChuck
02-26-2009, 02:19 PM
Looking to next year, they better find a guard who can take it to the hole or pray that the combination of Tinsley-Jenkins can open things up with consistent outside shooting.

Would love to see Stallings go smaller next year...Beal, Tinsley, Jenkins, Taylor, and Goulbourne need to ALL get as many minutes as possible. I really like Steve T, but I just like LG's potential more. I think with an offseason to get fully healed, and learning the 4 spot, he could be quite dangerous there.

It'll be interesting, to say the least, to see how Stallings juggles the guard minutes between Jenkins/Beal/Tinsley next year.