Congrats to USC [Archive] - SEC Sports Forum | SEC Basketball | SEC Football

PDA

View Full Version : Congrats to USC

XPS
02-25-2009, 09:03 PM
Best performance i have seen this year by any team. USC is better then UK tonight by a mile. USC has the best player Downey and overall the better players who can actually shoot LOL. I hope UK learns from this and know that you must give 150% ever night like USC did tonight.

I think Horn is the real deal, I knew Odom was washed up, but holy ****, I didn't know Odom had these kind of players. USC is definitely a ncaa tournament team and looks like a sweet 16 team to me...

SkyAntoine
02-25-2009, 09:16 PM
I really did not think Horn was a good coach pre-season (and I'm a WKU grad), but I have been proven wrong this year. I only watched the final 10 minutes of the game, but we were flat out owned by a great team.

Congrats on making us look like that one team with learning disabilities that lost 0-100.

SECgamecock453
02-25-2009, 09:21 PM
Very classy posts, rep coming.

:cheers:

scgamecock312
02-25-2009, 09:37 PM
Thanks guys a lot...I'm waiting to hear from Kentubby who thinks we are always "so lucky"

ConwayGamecock
02-25-2009, 09:43 PM
Good game, UK! I think this was the first game this season that we've come out from the start with the kind of confidence and killer instinct that a team needs in order to contend for it's conference. I don't know about a sweet-16 team - I'd just like to see us get to the NCAAT, and win at least ONE game there - but I know I'll be enjoying this team under Horn for as long as we can keep him. I hope for at least 10 years.....

jh4uk
02-25-2009, 09:47 PM
i echo sky and xps' statements. your guys played like they wanted to win and it showed. there should be no more bubble talk when it comes to the gamecocks. i really hope that billy g. shows our guys this game tape on how to play hard for 40 minutes. congrats usc fans.

SCfan804
02-25-2009, 10:32 PM
For the first time since my freshman year at Carolina.... it looks like we're finally going Dancing again. It's about time!!!!!

gmecockrugby
02-25-2009, 10:45 PM
guys lets not get too excited its just another "lucky win" we will still get a lower seed than kentucky in the ncaa tournament somehow.

im so proud of this this team...I had to work tonight and couldnt go...I was waiting tables three blocks from the place but I was listening to the radio and man that place sounded awesome....congrats guys sweeping kentucky is always something to be proud of

Djshockley3
02-25-2009, 10:47 PM
Congrats USC, you guys will be a tough out in the tourney.

georgiaguy31015
02-25-2009, 10:48 PM
Congrats SC.

UA37
02-26-2009, 08:23 AM
Congrats Gamecocks on the big win.

SkyAntoine
02-26-2009, 08:56 AM
Thanks guys a lot...I'm waiting to hear from Kentubby who thinks we are always "so lucky"

I think the win was all about luck. I think the Cocks are lucky to have a PG. Lucky to have a group of guys that give it 100%. Lucky to have pulled itself together from last year.

Oh, yeah....Lucky Meeks didn't go off for 80 against you guys! (I can't be a totally rational UK fan.:D)

#1GamecockFan
02-26-2009, 12:03 PM
For the first time since my freshman year at Carolina.... it looks like we're finally going Dancing again. It's about time!!!!!

Lets just hope we don't draw Richmond or Coppin State in the first round. lol

weegeman
02-26-2009, 12:10 PM
We were thoroughly dominated in every aspect of the game. Despite the score, I think it was even more of a thorough beatdown than Vandy shalacked us with last year. Every single shot was contested and everything around the basket was either spiked into the fifth row or we were fouled hard. I remember Miller going up for a layup and getting knocked about ten feet by two different players. It's that kind of tenacity that wins ballgames. The defensive effort of the C0cks was enough to beat us by itsself, but when you add on the lights out three point shooting we were fortunate to not lose by 30. Congrats on an impressive win. I'm still crossing my fingers that we can beat LSU or Florida and go dancin' with ya.

JRS
02-26-2009, 12:14 PM
Thanks for the awesome post weeg, you are the man. Quick question though, I just watched the BCG post game presser and just wanted to know if BCG was drunk? He seemed a lil giddy to me.

ConwayGamecock
02-26-2009, 12:28 PM
I think the win was all about luck. I think the Cocks are lucky to have a PG. Lucky to have a group of guys that give it 100%. Lucky to have pulled itself together from last year.

Oh, yeah....Lucky Meeks didn't go off for 80 against you guys! (I can't be a totally rational UK fan.:D)

I felt he was about to....thank God the game wasn't 5 minutes longer.....

weegeman
02-26-2009, 12:54 PM
Thanks for the awesome post weeg, you are the man. Quick question though, I just watched the BCG post game presser and just wanted to know if BCG was drunk? He seemed a lil giddy to me.

Based on his substitution patterns and in-game adjustments I would have to say yes.

He also came across as rude to Tom Leach when asked why he sat out Jodie Meeks so long. He's only done that three times now...

kentubbybasketball
02-26-2009, 12:57 PM
Yeah, congrats to USC. All offseason I said USC could end up second in the East, and it looks like now at worse they'll have a share of 1st place.

Although, some USC fans have been very annoying this year, I am happy for the Kentucky guy Darrin Horn. I knew from his Western Kentucky days when he had great guards like (Anthony Winchester, Courtney Lee, Tyrone Brazleton, and Lee Rogers) that this USC team was gonna fit him well, because it's small, mobile, and scrappy. Kudos to USC and I hope USC does well this year....

... and above all else, I hope USC continues to be lucky. LOL

JRS
02-26-2009, 01:09 PM
Although, some USC fans have been very annoying this year, I am happy for the Kentucky guy Darrin Horn. I knew from his Western Kentucky days when he had great guards like (Anthony Winchester, Courtney Lee, Tyrone Brazleton, and Lee Rogers) that this USC team was gonna fit him well, because it's small, mobile, and scrappy. Kudos to USC and I hope USC does well this year....

Just had to throw that in there, just had to huh?

Gatorbabe
02-26-2009, 01:10 PM
Wow, I hope Florida doesn't face USC again. They are good.... I'm actually rooting for them to do well. I kinda their team. :)

ConwayGamecock
02-26-2009, 01:13 PM
Wow, I hope Florida doesn't face USC again. They are good.... I'm actually rooting for them to do well. I kinda their team. :)

We kinda you too, Gatorbabe.....

:kiss:

Gatorbabe
02-26-2009, 01:15 PM
We kinda you too, Gatorbabe.....

:kiss:

oops ... I guess it was hard for me to type that word.... :p

ConwayGamecock
02-26-2009, 01:23 PM
Just means we get to fill in the blank......it might make the sentiment nicer than you intended it to be... :p

kentubbybasketball
02-26-2009, 02:24 PM
Just had to throw that in there, just had to huh?

I'm sure you'd say the same thing about me... it's an opinion. But, if that's the only thing you got out of my post, you're looking for and hoping to find trouble my friend.

kentubbybasketball
02-26-2009, 02:33 PM
Yeah, congrats to USC. All offseason I said USC could end up second in the East, and it looks like now at worse they'll have a share of 1st place.

... and above all else, I hope USC continues to be lucky. LOL

#1GCF, thanks for the rep on the post. I think we all get angry in the heat of the season and sometimes things are stated that piss each other off (some USC fans have ticked me off a lot this season), and I felt like I was very welcoming to them this year and gracious during this good season of success. Anyway, I really do hope you guys do well... I've always admired the USC program, because Odom was nothing but class and Horn is "one of us."

#1GCF, you and SC804, are two of the best USC fans around.

JRS
02-26-2009, 02:55 PM
I'm sure you'd say the same thing about me... it's an opinion. But, if that's the only thing you got out of my post, you're looking for and hoping to find trouble my friend.

I would neg rep you if you annoyed me, but you don't. For the most part I find your posts informative, but that little remark was a tad bit uncalled for. Your other UK brethren were able to come on here and congratulate SC fans without a dig, I was just wondering why weren't you. But hell, lets not turn this thread sour. Thanks for the props KT.:thumb:

kentubbybasketball
02-26-2009, 02:59 PM
JRS, personally, it's bush league for you to come calling somebody out after a loss, asking why haven't they shown up? I've got a job that doesn't allow that. Otherwise, I wouldn't been on here, first thing to say what I've already said. If I ran and hid after losses, I wouldn't have lasted here for 4 years, because we've lost more than I like.

More than anything, I hope you guys enjoy this win, since it puts you in the drivers seat for the SECE championship.

JRS
02-26-2009, 04:27 PM
JRS, personally, it's bush league for you to come calling somebody out after a loss, asking why haven't they shown up? I've got a job that doesn't allow that. Otherwise, I wouldn't been on here, first thing to say what I've already said. If I ran and hid after losses, I wouldn't have lasted here for 4 years, because we've lost more than I like.

More than anything, I hope you guys enjoy this win, since it puts you in the drivers seat for the SECE championship.

Hey KT, go back and read the posts. I did not call you out.
This is what I posted:

What a game. I am really proud of these guys. Thanks for the kind words UK fans, y'all truly are classy. As for Kentubby, I believe he is a teacher, so that might explain why is not posting right now. Gamecock fans, lets be as classy as these UK fans and not rub it in KT's face.

Now if you took that as "calling you out," then I apologize. I was just trying to explain to the other SC posters that you are a teacher and that you didn't have time to post immediately. Also, that I didn't want them to be rude and rub it in your face because nobody likes that at all.

kentubbybasketball
02-26-2009, 04:48 PM
Why pinpoint me though as a potential recipient of USC fan's jeers... because I have the balls the speak my mind?

At this point, it's just wise for me to let this one go. I can remember plenty of times beating USC and not rubbing it in you guy's faces. It's baffling to me.

gmecockrugby
02-26-2009, 05:04 PM
is this a new reality show??? the drama of secfanatics.....

anyways it was a good game and it would def be hard to beat them a 3rd time so I hope we dont play them again really

cock15
02-26-2009, 10:05 PM
Darrin Horn deserves SEC Coach of the Year.

kentubbybasketball
02-27-2009, 12:30 PM
Trent Johnson is the clear and deserving favorite for the award. He's gonna lose only one, maybe two SEC games this year. THat's just too hard to beat.

cock15
03-02-2009, 01:04 AM
Trent Johnson is the clear and deserving favorite for the award. He's gonna lose only one, maybe two SEC games this year. THat's just too hard to beat.

He has like 5 players from their Final 4 team a couple years ago! Darrin Horn came in here with a team that has had no success since our little 2 NIT wins and our 2004 or 05 NCAA Tournament team that lost in the first round.