Zlatan 100% confident of United exit [Archive] - SEC Sports Forum | SEC Basketball | SEC Football

PDA

View Full Version : Zlatan 100% confident of United exit

2008 National Champions
02-25-2009, 07:56 AM
Zlatan 100% confident of United exit (http://www.setanta.com//ie/Articles/Football/2009/02/25/Champs-Lge-ZlatanCesar-quotes/gnid-41843/)

http://www.setanta.com//Global/Images/sport/football/2008-2009/italy/Inter/ibrahimovic_oshea.jpg

Zlatan Ibrahimovic and Julio Cesar reckon the balance of power in the Champions League tie with Manchester United has swung towards Inter after a goalless draw in the first leg.

United dominated the first half and Inter barely worked Edwin van der Sar all evening yet the home side believe they have more reason to be happy with the scoreline.

An away goal at Old Trafford would alter the picture dramatically and Ibrahimovic, who was unable to live up to the pre-match billing from Jose Mourinho as the best striker in the world, is convinced Inter will knock the holders out.

"We have a 100 percent chance of qualifying," he told the club's official website.

"We go to Manchester with two results out of three in our favour. We didn't manage to take the lead but we stopped them from scoring, and this certainly isn't a disadvantage.

"It was a wonderful match tonight. The first half was theirs but the second was ours. Manchester are a great team but so are we.

"We matched them blow for blow tonight, now we will go to Manchester to win."

Cesar, Inter's stand-out performer with a number of important saves, is also very confident but admits he fears Wayne Rooney is bound to start the next game.

"The 0-0 draw is a good result, it's definitely better than a 1-1 draw," he opined. "At Old Trafford, we can hit them on the counter-attack with Ibrahimovic and all our fastest players.

"I think they only had one big chance in the first half when [Ryan] Giggs got the better of [Nelson] Rivas and had just me to beat.

"Luckily, I made a great save. It's the only one I remember. We had a few problems at the start and Manchester had more possession, but our attitude changed in the second half and we were a lot more dangerous.

"The opponent I like most was Cristiano Ronaldo. He's a great champion but I like Wayne Rooney a lot too. He will start the return in Manchester and we will have to be very careful."