Florida @ LSU [Archive] - SEC Sports Forum | SEC Basketball | SEC Football

PDA

View Full Version : Florida @ LSU

iam4lsu08
02-23-2009, 11:55 AM
tomorrow night 8:00 pm in the PMAC (on ESPN)

Thoughts on this one? Good individual matchup in this one with Marcus Thornton and Nick Calathes. Chandler Parsons is the guy that I think the Tigers need to really defend defensively because he makes Florida that much more dangerous when he is knocking down shots on the perimeter... Calthes is going to get his points (wouldn't mind seeing Garrett Temple guard him).

Bo Spencer's return is big for LSU... he runs the offense efficiently and is also a good scoring option knocking down some shots.

jrltiger
02-23-2009, 11:57 AM
Why would the SEC give us a home game on Mardi Gras day? That's just stupid.

XPS
02-23-2009, 11:57 AM
I'll be rooting hard for the Tigers...

LSUTigers1404
02-23-2009, 02:46 PM
This is going to be a big game for us. We haven't been on national tv very often this year. This is our chance to show the nation what we are made of.

Gatorbabe
02-23-2009, 02:47 PM
This is going to be a big game for us. We haven't been on national tv very often this year. This is our chance to show the nation what we are made of.

Oh wonderful....

kentubbybasketball
02-23-2009, 03:01 PM
I like the dynamic of Thornton-Calathes. I doubt they guard each other man to man, but you've got one of the best scorers versus the best passer.

I think the teams that wins here is the team that controls the post. Neither team scores a lot in the low post, so that could be a major factor here. Both teams have post players that are excellent shotblockers, but not necessarily great scorers, and that's major if jumpers aren't falling.

I don't know if LSU's defense gets the respect it deserves BTW. It's a silent assassin if you ask me, and Temple is the speerhead of that. I assume he guards Calathes, and that'll be as tough a matchup as anybody in the SEC can throw at Calathes.

I also like the dynamic of CTJ vs Billy D, perhaps the SEC's two most proven coaches going at it. Should be a great game.

A win here, and LSU locks up the SEC outright!

GatorMan32
02-23-2009, 03:20 PM
This may be the biggest game left on the schedule. Florida probably does not "have to" win this game but its the kind of road win that virtually locks up a NCAA bid barring losing the 3 after it LOL

kentubbybasketball
02-23-2009, 03:23 PM
This may be the biggest game left on the schedule. Florida probably does not "have to" win this game but its the kind of road win that virtually locks up a NCAA bid barring losing the 3 after it LOL

Bigger than the UK game, which could decide the East champ, the first round byes in the SECT, and maybe the pecking order in terms of bids from the division and seeds? Wow.

Like you say, a loss here really doesn't hurt UF too much, but a loss to UK affects much more. Granted, a win over LSU carries more weight than a win over UK though (assuming UK isn't a higher seed than LSU).

GatorMan32
02-23-2009, 03:36 PM
Well the goal is for March during the season. A big road win would help UF a lot. Plus if they could win this game, it'd be a sign of maturity for games like UK, UT and MSU. Man thats a tough 4 games.

BergeLSU
02-23-2009, 03:40 PM
I like the dynamic of Thornton-Calathes. I doubt they guard each other man to man, but you've got one of the best scorers versus the best passer.

I think the teams that wins here is the team that controls the post. Neither team scores a lot in the low post, so that could be a major factor here. Both teams have post players that are excellent shotblockers, but not necessarily great scorers, and that's major if jumpers aren't falling.

I don't know if LSU's defense gets the respect it deserves BTW. It's a silent assassin if you ask me, and Temple is the speerhead of that. I assume he guards Calathes, and that'll be as tough a matchup as anybody in the SEC can throw at Calathes.

I also like the dynamic of CTJ vs Billy D, perhaps the SEC's two most proven coaches going at it. Should be a great game.

A win here, and LSU locks up the SEC outright!

LSU is deceiving in this area.

Now there are no stats for "low post" scoring, but the points in the paint for LSU the last few games:

Auburn: 30
Ole Miss: 24
@MSU: 26
Bama: 34
@Georgia: 36
@Tenn: 32
Xavier: 24
USC: 42
MSU: 30

A couple games don't have the stats for it.

kentubbybasketball
02-23-2009, 03:40 PM
So, do you think Florida wins?

kentubbybasketball
02-23-2009, 03:42 PM
LSU is deceiving in this area.

Now there are no stats for "low post" scoring, but the points in the paint for LSU the last few games:

Auburn: 30
Ole Miss: 24
@MSU: 26
Bama: 34
@Georgia: 36
@Tenn: 32
Xavier: 24
USC: 42
MSU: 30

A couple games don't have the stats for it.

You know more about LSU basketball than me, but I'd venture to assume a significant percentage of that came off of offensive putbacks or guards/swingmen taking forays into the paint. Otherwise, you really don't have a low post back to the basket scorer a la Glen Davis or Shaq. One of the major criticisms of Chris Johnson's game is that he doesn't wish to work in the post as much as a 6'11 guy should.

BergeLSU
02-23-2009, 03:46 PM
You know more about LSU basketball than me, but I'd venture to assume a significant percentage of that came off of offensive putbacks or guards/swingmen taking forays into the paint. Otherwise, you really don't have a low post back to the basket scorer a la Glen Davis or Shaq. One of the major criticisms of Chris Johnson's game is that he doesn't wish to work in the post as much as a 6'11 guy should.

Tas is our post guy. Johnson gets his points from backdoor cuts or put-backs.

I don't think it is that he doesn't wish to work in the post, he just gets pushed around like a paper bag.

Refs let a lot of pushing and shoving under the basket go. CJ can't handle it. When he gets pushed, he moves.

kentubbybasketball
02-23-2009, 03:48 PM
I look at Tasmin Mitchell though as more of a faceup player, a faceup 4 at that.

BergeLSU
02-23-2009, 03:50 PM
I look at Tasmin Mitchell though as more of a faceup player, a faceup 4 at that.

He is insanely balanced. To the point where it will hurt his professional career.

He's a small 4, or a big 3. In college, that means he can take advantage of whoever is guarding him, because he is stronger.

kentubbybasketball
02-23-2009, 03:52 PM
That's what I mean though, Mitchell is perhaps a bit out of place playing in the low post. He's just talented enough to make it happen though. Hopefully, for him his shooting gets better, so he can maybe make it as a 3 in the NBA.

I think that's a testament though to CTJ's coaching job that he's taken a team that didn't have a proven point guard or a proven low post, back to the basket scorer and made them a one loss SEC team.

But, I see exactly why Tubby Smith recruited Mitchell while he was still coaching here.

jrltiger
02-23-2009, 03:57 PM
Yeah, as good as Tas can play, we still do not have a true post presence. And I'm afraid that will be our downfall come tourney time. Especially if CJ gets in foul trouble, we can't rely on Q the whole game. He's good, but if he has to play a large chunk of minutes, the Tigers are in trouble.

BergeLSU
02-23-2009, 03:58 PM
That's what I mean though, Mitchell is perhaps a bit out of place playing in the low post. He's just talented enough to make it happen though. Hopefully, for him his shooting gets better, so he can maybe make it as a 3 in the NBA.

I think that's a testament though to CTJ's coaching job that he's taken a team that didn't have a proven point guard or a proven low post, back to the basket scorer and made them a one loss SEC team.

But, I see exactly why Tubby Smith recruited Mitchell while he was still coaching here.

I think that is what gives teams fits about this team:

Any one of LSU's starting five can make a shot from anywhere on the court. However, when Thornton comes out and Farrer comes in, let's say. LSU is playing 4 on 5 on offense.

Johnson nails 3-pointers during practice, and in games he will get the ball at the top of the key, take one step forward, and drain a 20-footer.

Also, I think Temple playing PG for 3 years really helped him develop. I feel very comfortable with this team being pressed because Spencer, Temple, and Mitchell are all very good ball handlers.

GatorMan32
02-23-2009, 05:29 PM
So, do you think Florida wins?

Me? We will need Calathes to have a big game of course. We'll also need good games from guys like Tyus, Kadji, Walker, Parsons and Hodge. This team is capable of a lot more than they have shown. I think the problem is the junior (Werner) and senior (Hodge) are not leaders.

Also hurts that we lost Lucas, Allen and Vargas before the first game and Chaney has missed several SEC games. From a 12 man roster to 8 and you lose some guys we were going to count on.

kentubbybasketball
02-23-2009, 05:31 PM
Yeah, as good as Tas can play, we still do not have a true post presence. And I'm afraid that will be our downfall come tourney time. Especially if CJ gets in foul trouble, we can't rely on Q the whole game. He's good, but if he has to play a large chunk of minutes, the Tigers are in trouble.

Q is the perfect example of a guy that really needs 4 years in a program instead of 2 (due to JUCO).

kentubbybasketball
02-23-2009, 05:34 PM
Me? We will need Calathes to have a big game of course. We'll also need good games from guys like Tyus, Kadji, Walker, Parsons and Hodge. This team is capable of a lot more than they have shown. I think the problem is the junior (Werner) and senior (Hodge) are not leaders.

Also hurts that we lost Lucas, Allen and Vargas before the first game and Chaney has missed several SEC games. From a 12 man roster to 8 and you lose some guys we were going to count on.

Good take, which I knew you'd provide.

Let me pick your brain though, do you really think leadership is somewhat of a weakness though, having Calathes, even if he is just a sophomore? I realize it would be great to not only have Calathes but those two upperclassmen providing leadership, but they seem to be led by Calathes, and he does an exceptional job at it, as good as any UF player other than Taureen Green maybe. Even better than Calathes' friend (Jason Williams).

BergeLSU
02-23-2009, 05:39 PM
Q is the perfect example of a guy that really needs 4 years in a program instead of 2 (due to JUCO).

Last year Q was supposed to redshirt. He tore a muscle in practice and needed surgery. The team was so thin, though, that he had to come back in January, and actually started a few games.

kentubbybasketball
02-23-2009, 05:40 PM
You know, I didn't even know that. SO, he was playng injured last year? That really does explain some things. He reminds me of some of our backup bigs. Serviceable, but if he's having to play extended minutes it's a major weakness for us that teams could exploit.

OffThePorch
02-23-2009, 05:47 PM
gotta go with LSU in this one. sb another good game.

GatorMan32
02-23-2009, 05:47 PM
Good take, which I knew you'd provide.

Let me pick your brain though, do you really think leadership is somewhat of a weakness though, having Calathes, even if he is just a sophomore? I realize it would be great to not only have Calathes but those two upperclassmen providing leadership, but they seem to be led by Calathes, and he does an exceptional job at it, as good as any UF player other than Taureen Green maybe. Even better than Calathes' friend (Jason Williams).

Jason Williams was not a leader at UF. Donovan had to kick him off the team. Now he went the right way after that, unlike Dupay, and has not blamed UF or Billy for his mistakes (ie he comes back and helps out), but he was not a leader until after that happened.

I think Calathes is the floor general. What I am talking about is leadership in the locker room. Older guys who grab the young guys and say this is how you win. When our team won the first title, it was Adrian Moss who did that. He did not lead on the floor. But to a man they credited him for bringing them together off the floor and in practice to become champions.

kentubbybasketball
02-23-2009, 05:53 PM
Gotcha. Solid point. I still think Calathes could be that guy, although he doesn't strike me as that much of a vocal guy. I really think Erving Walker is gonna be an awesome leader at Florida though in 2 or 3 years... he's got it!

OffThePorch
02-23-2009, 05:57 PM
I think Calathes is the floor general. What I am talking about is leadership in the locker room. Older guys who grab the young guys and say this is how you win. When our team won the first title, it was Adrian Moss who did that. He did not lead on the floor. But to a man they credited him for bringing them together off the floor and in practice to become champions.

no doubt from what ive seen. Calathes is a fave of mine.

GatorMan32
02-23-2009, 06:42 PM
Gotcha. Solid point. I still think Calathes could be that guy, although he doesn't strike me as that much of a vocal guy. I really think Erving Walker is gonna be an awesome leader at Florida though in 2 or 3 years... he's got it!

I agree that Nick is a leader and also am with you in thinking he is not as vocal right now. I think like Spikes in football he is a kid who will come to terms with the role and then run with it. And yes, I love Walker. I love his game and his attitude. He is fast becoming one of my favorite Gator basketball guys. He definitely has leader written all over him and that could come out as soon as sophomore year. And he has ice water in his veins as a shooter.

scgamecock312
02-24-2009, 10:39 AM
This game is huge if LSU wins and we can take care of UK tomorrow night.

swampmonster
02-24-2009, 11:05 AM
This is our chance to show the nation what we are made of.

I'm doubting that, beating UF @ home has been accomplished by just about everybody.

Sadly, I pick LSU to win this one, UF doesn't do so well on the road.

LSU is supposed to win.

UF is not ready to take that next step, maybe next year.

Gatorbabe
02-24-2009, 12:01 PM
I don't know much about LSU but they were talking about this game on the radio ... said LSU is big and athletic which is not good for Florida. We don't play very well against teams like that.

tampacajun
02-24-2009, 12:09 PM
I'm doubting that

NO this game (and the next) are both huge for LSU. For the simple reason is this is the first time they will be seen by a national audience(both games) and even though UF/KY may be down this year, beating the SEC's two big names will go along way in getting the respect outside of the SEC, not to mention help it's RPI.

AlaGator
02-24-2009, 02:22 PM
Just got one thing to say. It's gonna be a very tough game, and GO GATORS! :kiss:

BergeLSU
02-24-2009, 02:24 PM
NO this game (and the next) are both huge for LSU. For the simple reason is this is the first time they will be seen by a national audience(both games) and even though UF/KY may be down this year, beating the SEC's two big names will go along way in getting the respect outside of the SEC, not to mention help it's RPI.

Exactly. It has been 1 month since anyone outside of Louisiana has been able to watch an LSU basketball game.

Being on TV helps so much more than anyone realizes. The only reason LSU got into the BCSNC game in 2007 was because they had 11 of their 13 games televised nationally.

kentubbybasketball
02-24-2009, 02:26 PM
part of that is scheduling opponents that national TV stations would want to televise. Some of that (in terms of the OOC schedule) is just what it is.

orange&white
02-24-2009, 02:39 PM
Exactly. It has been 1 month since anyone outside of Louisiana has been able to watch an LSU basketball game.

Being on TV helps so much more than anyone realizes. The only reason LSU got into the BCSNC game in 2007 was because they had 11 of their 13 games televised nationally.

Good thing that doesn't matter for basketball since the games are determined on the court.

swampmonster
02-24-2009, 03:15 PM

If you say so, the way it seems to me, nobody outside of the SEC, really cares one way or the other. Nationally this conference is a afterthought, this year.

Tennessee
02-24-2009, 09:16 PM
Can't believe nobody's posting on this game...If nothing else, it's something to watch other than Obama :rotf:

53-50 Tigers with 13:30 left

YR_Tiger
02-24-2009, 10:02 PM
I watched it but was hangin with my boys so no post. Very good win for LSU.

GatorMan32
02-24-2009, 10:06 PM
I am so sick of watching this team self-destruct at the end of games. Its sickening. Tyus blew back to back easy scores on Calathes passes, Werner shooting 3's in the final few minutes is like nails on the chalk board. Late in the game all of a sudden LSU got run outs at will. Its pitiful. I get Calathes being tired with the flu. What the hell is going on with the rest of that group? I am so sick of it. I can't say that enough.

By the way, I was going to congratulate LSU but their fans are the worst in the SEC. Not the ones on this board. The ones in the seats. Every time UF goes to LSU in any sport, it seems, there is less and less to like about that group.

gatorchomp91
02-24-2009, 10:11 PM
I don't know why anybody would expect us to win. This team just isn't tough enough to win a road game.

GatorMan32
02-24-2009, 10:41 PM
I hope Werner is gone after this season. If he is in Gainesville after this year, it should be as a towel boy. He is a complete liability with his poor judgement on shots he takes. I thought he would grow out of it but it isn't happening.

XPS
02-24-2009, 10:44 PM
I hope Werner is gone after this season. If he is in Gainesville after this year, it should be as a towel boy. He is a complete liability with his poor judgement on shots he takes. I thought he would grow out of it but it isn't happening.

:rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf:

tampacajun
02-24-2009, 10:44 PM
By the way, I was going to congratulate LSU but their fans are the worst in the SEC. Not the ones on this board. The ones in the seats. Every time UF goes to LSU in any sport, it seems, there is less and less to like about that group.

Why???? Because they were doing the gator chomp??? or was it because they were jingling the keys??? See I knew someone somewhere was going to take offense to that. i mean it can't be any worse than gator fans doing mock tomahawk chops to fsu right?????

Geaux 58 03 07
02-24-2009, 10:49 PM

:cry: :cry: :cry:

GatorMan32
02-24-2009, 10:52 PM
Why???? Because they were doing the gator chomp??? or was it because they were jingling the keys??? See I knew someone somewhere was going to take offense to that. i mean it can't be any worse than gator fans doing mock tomahawk chops to fsu right?????

The chants. Always the chants. I laugh when people do the chomp already. Its so overdone. Its the chants. I respect the hell out of the LSU posters on this site. But man every time we play at LSU, I dislike the student section more and more.

FWIW, I nearly married a LSU grad and she and I are still very close. So I am not one of the LSU haters here. But stuff that comes out of that student section will rub anyone wrong.

tampacajun
02-24-2009, 10:56 PM
The chants. Always the chants. I laugh when people do the chomp already. Its so overdone. Its the chants. I respect the hell out of the LSU posters on this site. But man every time we play at LSU, I dislike the student section more and more.

FWIW, I nearly married a LSU grad and she and I are still very close. So I am not one of the LSU haters here. But stuff that comes out of that student section will rub anyone wrong.

understand, but they are drunken students (and no alcohol is not an excuse) and trust me it happens in every student section across the nation. Hell you wanna see the worse student section, take a trip into ray j one saturday evening and watch an usf game. hands down the WORST fans (not just students) i have ever seen.

orange&white
02-24-2009, 10:56 PM
Imo that is what your student section is supposed to do.

tampacajun
02-24-2009, 10:57 PM
Imo that is what your student section is supposed to do.

nice counter point :cheers:

LSUTigers1404
02-24-2009, 11:00 PM
I am so sick of watching this team self-destruct at the end of games. Its sickening. Tyus blew back to back easy scores on Calathes passes, Werner shooting 3's in the final few minutes is like nails on the chalk board. Late in the game all of a sudden LSU got run outs at will. Its pitiful. I get Calathes being tired with the flu. What the hell is going on with the rest of that group? I am so sick of it. I can't say that enough.

C'mon Gman, you are going to let the student section get under your skin? Why? Just because they were chanting, "it sucks...to be...a Florida Gator" You act like your fanbase is made up of angels. That is FAR from the case. I have heard negative things about every fanbase. It is very well known by anyone who follows college sports that the student section of EVERY school is retarded. They are drunk, 18-21 year old kids. What do you expect?

LSUTigers1404
02-24-2009, 11:00 PM
Great game Gators, that was a fun one to watch.

GatorMan32
02-24-2009, 11:03 PM
understand, but they are drunken students (and no alcohol is not an excuse) and trust me it happens in every student section across the nation. Hell you wanna see the worse student section, take a trip into ray j one saturday evening and watch an usf game. hands down the WORST fans (not just students) i have ever seen.

probably true. thing is LSU's is louder with the chants. you dont usually hear the stuff like "**** you Tebow" on tv LOL i guess in its own way its a credit to LSU's students that they get it together and chant that loud. but its not going to sit well with the other side just the same.

and yeah, i know thats what they do. thats what drunk students do everywhere. and it rubs the other fans wrong everywhere. so nothing new.

LSUTigers1404
02-24-2009, 11:06 PM
probably true. thing is LSU's is louder with the chants. you dont usually hear the stuff like "**** you Tebow" on tv LOL i guess in its own way its a credit to LSU's students that they get it together and chant that loud. but its not going to sit well with the other side just the same.

and yeah, i know thats what they do. thats what drunk students do everywhere. and it rubs the other fans wrong everywhere. so nothing new.

Is it worse than every Alabama fan in the stadium/arena singing rammer jammer with the band after beating someone? I think it's a little unfair to label us the worst when we are doing nothing different than anyone else. At least our band doesn't get involved.

ConwayGamecock
02-24-2009, 11:09 PM
Good game, LSU! Now our game tomorrow night has just grown in importance....

Gatorbabe
02-25-2009, 07:27 AM
Congrats Tigers ... I hate you guys and that damn Thornton. I was surprised Florida was actually leading at some points in the game. But they went cold at the end which they seem to do in every loss. It's disappointing but I'm not going to expect a lot out of these guys. The only reason I feel bad about this loss is that it might have guaranteed a spot for Florida in the tournament. Now it's up in the air.

As for the LSU fans ... I didn't watch the end of the game but I thought they were well behaved for being LSU fans. I'm surprised they didn't get Calathas' number and starting chanting FU Calathas. That would have been very typical of them. ;)

UA37
02-25-2009, 07:36 AM
Congrats LSU. Yall are a fun team to watch.

swampmonster
02-25-2009, 09:24 AM
Well, I hate being right in this case, UF just doesn't know how to finish on the road.

I'm proud of them for putting up a good fight, I was concerned about getting blown out.

Good game LSU.

As for the LSU fans, they cemented themselves as the SEC's worst, with the whole FU Tebow thing, in the eyes of most UF fans. Not suprised they acted like poor winners, last night, bunch of drunk little punks........they always do.

Still respect their program as a whole.

weegeman
02-25-2009, 10:27 AM
Great win by LSU. It puts tonight's UK vs SC winner in the driver's seat in the East. Of course UK will still have to play both LSU and Florida...

OffThePorch
02-25-2009, 10:40 AM
Congrats LSU!

kentubbybasketball
02-25-2009, 01:33 PM
I was really impressed with Florida's team. Everytime you thought the game might get away from them, they hit a key three or got a stop... it was a very well-coached game by Billy Donovan.

One thing I will say though is that usually Billy D has a warm postgame handshake with the opposing coach... didn't seem to be the case last night.

AlaGator
02-25-2009, 02:15 PM
Congrats, LSU! Y'all played a really strong game, and I wish you future good luck!

Geaux 58 03 07
02-25-2009, 02:39 PM
I see a lot of crying on this thread from Gator fans except AlaGator.

swampmonster
02-25-2009, 02:43 PM

My daddy always taught me win, lose, or draw.

Do it with class, I know it's a hard concept for some of you to grasp. ;)

jrltiger
02-25-2009, 02:51 PM
I'm still lost at what the UF fans are upset about? The "It sucks to be a Florida Gator?" Is that it? If that's the worst that was said then come on. I was on yalls side 100% that FU Tebow was over the line, but every school that has the "It's great to be a _____" gets the other side of it from opposing fans when they lose. I've heard it yelled to Auburn, Tennessee, Alabama, etc. Their fans aren't in an uproar about it. Like someone else said, is Rammer Jammer classless? As much as I hated hearing it this November after they beat us, I think it's probably one of the coolest chants in college football.

If there was another incident please let me know. But I didn't hear anything that would be considered over the line last night.

Gatorbabe
02-25-2009, 02:54 PM

I wasn't crying .... I was making a joke. But if you want to ruin your victory by complaining about us, go ahead.

Geaux 58 03 07
02-25-2009, 02:57 PM
I wasn't crying .... I was making a joke. But if you want to ruin your victory by complaining about us, go ahead.

Right because Trent Johnson and Co. frequent SECFanatics :rotf:

And I wasn't complaining, I was laughing.

swampmonster
02-25-2009, 02:59 PM
But if you want to ruin your victory by complaining about us, go ahead.

:lol: fantastic.

Gatorbabe
02-25-2009, 03:00 PM
Right because Trent Johnson and Co. frequent SECFanatics :rotf:

And I wasn't complaining, I was laughing.

Oh I didn't realize fans couldn't enjoy a victory .... Sounded like complaining to me. Maybe you forgot the smiley. ;)

Sometimes this place is too uptight. :shake: I apologize for making such an offensive joke about LSU fans. I should never speak ill of them ever again.

jrltiger
02-25-2009, 03:00 PM
GB, what was the chant that got yall riled up in the first place?

Gatorbabe
02-25-2009, 03:01 PM
GB, what was the chant that got yall riled up in the first place?

What chant?

Geaux 58 03 07
02-25-2009, 03:02 PM
I apologize for making such an offensive joke about LSU fans. I should never speak ill of them ever again.

Glad we got that straightened out.

Gatorbabe
02-25-2009, 03:02 PM
Glad we got that straightened out.

Yes master .....

jrltiger
02-25-2009, 03:04 PM
What chant?

I don't know, I'm asking. GM came on here and was saying how classless the LSU fans were and all the Gators agreed. I didn't notice anything last night that crossed the line and I was asking what had yall all up in arms about our fans last night.

Geaux 58 03 07
02-25-2009, 03:05 PM
I don't know, I'm asking. GM came on here and was saying how classless the LSU fans were and all the Gators agreed. I didn't notice anything last night that crossed the line and I was asking what had yall all up in arms about our fans last night.

They lost, that's what bugged them.

Gatorbabe
02-25-2009, 03:06 PM
First off .. I was not up in arms about anything. You guys are blowing up one person's comments out of proportion. I didn't even watch the end of the game ... so how could I agree with what GM wrote? I was joking that LSU was well behaved because we didn't hear FU Calathas from the students. Apparently that makes me bitter and classless. Whatever. :p

I'll take back my congratulations since it has been ignored. :)

Geaux 58 03 07
02-25-2009, 03:08 PM
Apparently that makes me bitter and classless.

But isn't that true? :think:

Gatorbabe
02-25-2009, 03:10 PM
But isn't that true? :think:

If you want to think so, fine. I don't think I am. I didn't think UF had much chance to win last night. I'm very biased .. I'll acknowledge that but honestly I was joking around. I won't joke anymore if it hurts your feelings.

jrltiger
02-25-2009, 03:12 PM
First off .. I was not up in arms about anything. You guys are blowing up one person's comments out of proportion. I didn't even watch the end of the game ... so how could I agree with what GM wrote? I was joking that LSU was well behaved because we didn't hear FU Calathas from the students. Apparently that makes me bitter and classless. Whatever. :p

I'll take back my congratulations since it has been ignored. :)

I wasn't accusing you of being bitter and classless I was just seeing if you knew what seemed to upset all the Gator fans. Cause I'm lost as to what people considered over the line.

Geaux 58 03 07
02-25-2009, 03:12 PM
If you want to think so, fine. I don't think I am. I didn't think UF had much chance to win last night. I'm very biased .. I'll acknowledge that but honestly I was joking around. I won't joke anymore if it hurts your feelings.

I'm just messing with you at this point.

Gatorbabe
02-25-2009, 03:13 PM
I wasn't accusing you of being bitter and classless I was just seeing if you knew what seemed to upset all the Gator fans. Cause I'm lost as to what people considered over the line.

Well it was one Gator fan ... so ask him.

jrltiger
02-25-2009, 03:15 PM
I posted the general question earlier, but you were online now, so I thought maybe you'd know. Guess not. I'll just wait for GM to get on and respond then.

Gatorbabe
02-25-2009, 03:17 PM
I posted the general question earlier, but you were online now, so I thought maybe you'd know. Guess not. I'll just wait for GM to get on and respond then.

Are you really all that curious? Seriously? It's not that important. If I was a Tiger fan, I'd be happy they are SEC champs. :p

swampmonster
02-25-2009, 03:24 PM
They lost, that's what bugged them.

Yep, that about sums it up.

And......you all rubbing it in, as usual. ;)

zud the hut
02-25-2009, 03:37 PM

Is the chant by LSU any worse than Florida Gators cheering for the Texas A&M Aggies against LSU in Gainesville during the NCAA tourney?

LSU and TAMU have this thing about each other and I remember the gators cheering lustily for the Aggies in that game.

zud the hut
02-25-2009, 03:46 PM
Are you really all that curious? Seriously? It's not that important. If I was a Tiger fan, I'd be happy they are SEC champs. :p

GB...thank you for your congrats as you are a VERY classy Gator!

Wishing you the best in March except of course when ya'll play us!

BergeLSU
02-25-2009, 04:03 PM
This thread just needs to die.

zud the hut
02-25-2009, 04:25 PM
This thread just needs to die.

But it wont...the hate between the 2 is just starting to grow...and I think that it will fester before it gets better.

Texaubie
02-25-2009, 04:31 PM
Congrats, win means at the worst a share of the title correct?

LSUTigers1404
02-25-2009, 04:32 PM
Good lord, can we just calm down? No one meant anything as an insult, relax people. That entire LSU/Florida spat we just had was based off of nothing. No one was insulting LSU fans. All Gatorbabe did was make a simple joke. Some of you really need a sense of humor. No one was rubbing in a win. GM made a comment last night and what he said was addressed and ironed out before this spat even began.

LSUTigers1404
02-25-2009, 04:33 PM
Congrats, win means at the worst a share of the title correct?

That is correct. LSU just needs to win 1 of their remaing 3 games to clinch the SEC outright. One loss by South Carolina and Kentucky would also clinch it.

zud the hut
02-25-2009, 06:47 PM
Good lord, can we just calm down? No one meant anything as an insult, relax people. That entire LSU/Florida spat we just had was based off of nothing. No one was insulting LSU fans. All Gatorbabe did was make a simple joke. Some of you really need a sense of humor. No one was rubbing in a win. GM made a comment last night and what he said was addressed and ironed out before this spat even began.

1404...when your rivals call you the worst fans in the league...you just accept it?

Did you know that when your rivals call you corndog or whatever... it isn't exactly meant as a compliment? Or... it isn't just in fun?

I'm just asking???

Geaux 58 03 07
02-25-2009, 10:17 PM
1404...when your rivals call you the worst fans in the league...you just accept it?

Nah, just take it with a grain of salt. Who do you think would win a "best fans in the SEC" poll? Probably Vandy. There's a reason for that.

swampmonster
02-26-2009, 11:27 AM
No one was rubbing in a win.

:lol: naw.......

It "sucks" to be a Florida Gator!

5,000 tiger voices......refute that claim.

Gatorbabe
02-26-2009, 12:07 PM

Oh so that is what they were chanting ... I would take it as a compliment. Instead of yelling Go Tigers (or whatever their cheer is) they were demeaning our team. We all know it doesn't suck to be a Gator. :)

jrltiger
02-26-2009, 02:57 PM

Fans are fans, they do that. Every time I go on the road for a game, I can't tell you how many times I hear "LSWho?" or some other "awful" chant. Is that really the first time you've ever heard anyone chant that after they beat UF before?

LSUTigers1404
02-26-2009, 04:08 PM

I was talking about this thread. Not the idiot fans in the student section.

swampmonster
02-27-2009, 08:19 AM
Is that really the first time you've ever heard anyone chant that after they beat UF before?

No, but it's still rubbing salt in the wound, and every time I see a fan base do so, I disagree with it. LSU's fanbase seems to do it more than others.

Not here necessarily, but in general.

I really don't care that much, but you seem to be under the impression, everyone does it, all the time, which is simply not true.

LSU seems to do something of this nature, every time we play at your place.

I'm wondering how LSU will react to Tebow's return, in the fall.

I'll bet they handle themselves in some new, and unsportsmanlike way.

:D

swampmonster
02-27-2009, 08:25 AM
Oh so that is what they were chanting ... I would take it as a compliment. Instead of yelling Go Tigers (or whatever their cheer is) they were demeaning our team. We all know it doesn't suck to be a Gator.

It is nice when rivals have special cheers, designed just for you.

Must mean they think you're something special. :D

As for sucking, I'll take the two National Championships in basketball, over anything LSU has accomplished on the hardwood this decade, all day long. ;)

jrltiger
02-27-2009, 09:19 AM
No, but it's still rubbing salt in the wound, and every time I see a fan base do so, I disagree with it. LSU's fanbase seems to do it more than others.

I really don't care that much, but you seem to be under the impression, everyone does it, all the time, which is simply not true.

Yeah, I fear this fall as well, I'm sure it's gonna be another s***show.

And it's not like this is even a special cheer for UF, we do it to Auburn, Bama, and Tennessee when we beat them in something. Is it rubbing in a win? Yeah, probably so. But is it a chant that's worth this much uproar? I really don't think so.

swampmonster
02-27-2009, 09:25 AM
But is it a chant that's worth this much uproar?

:lol: where's the uproar?

Is there rioting in the streets I don't know about or something?

You asked why, I told you why.......end of story. ;)

jrltiger
02-27-2009, 10:57 AM
:lol: where's the uproar?

Is there rioting in the streets I don't know about or something?

You asked why, I told you why.......end of story. ;)

Yeah, I gotcha.

zud the hut
02-27-2009, 01:39 PM

After the arse whooping the gators put on us in Gainesville...I wouldn't miss this game coming up.

I hope Chavis has our d ready this time!

swampmonster
02-27-2009, 01:49 PM

I don't!

LOL, it's going to be a longggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggg summer.

Tennessee
02-27-2009, 01:52 PM
After the arse whooping the gators put on us in Gainesville...I wouldn't miss this game coming up.

Um, hate to rain on your parade, but you may want to hope that Chavis takes a vacation and forgets about the Florida game bc you do not want him as your DC that game...Chavis is one of the best DCs in the nation gaurding a standard offense, no matter how good the other team is

However, you throw a spread or an option on him, and it's not good...Florida, Clemson, Nebraska, etc, etc...I liked Johnny, but not against a spread option offense LOL