Who's #2? [Archive] - SEC Sports Forum | SEC Basketball | SEC Football

PDA

View Full Version : Who's #2?

Dawg
02-20-2009, 01:30 AM
Let's settle this...

Heading into Saturday's games, who is the #2 team in the SEC?

Interpret the question as you wish. I included only those tied for second at the moment at 7-4.

steelyvan
02-20-2009, 05:57 AM
doesn't seem like anyone has a true claim to #2. and with 5 games to go this league is wide open. Auburn and Vandy could still rise up. a different level of competition this year compared to years past. entertaining.

Gatorbabe
02-20-2009, 07:45 AM
I'm surprised Florida is on this list and that people voted for them. They lost to the worst team in the SEC. I don't think they are #2.

Nkemdiche4Heisman5
02-20-2009, 09:08 AM
This is biased, where is Ole Miss? Count up how many teams on that list have beat us...and you come to a total of one.

MSUado
02-20-2009, 09:10 AM
This is biased, where is Ole Miss? Count up how many teams on that list have beat us...and you come to a total of one.

do the same for MSU and you come up with 0. I hate to sound like a homer but I had to vote for State. Two of our four losses come to the best team in the SEC and we have beaten two of the teams on the list.

OffThePorch
02-20-2009, 09:13 AM

so. UM is 5-6 in league play. just as likely to finish below 500 as above it right now. i do agree that UM is playing good ball now & isnt too far behind. good luck til we play again.

Nkemdiche4Heisman5
02-20-2009, 09:28 AM
do the same for MSU and you come up with 0. I hate to sound like a homer but I had to vote for State. Two of our four losses come to the best team in the SEC and we have beaten two of the teams on the list.

What would it be if you added Ole Miss?!?! Just sayin

SkyAntoine
02-20-2009, 09:31 AM
Homer vote aside I went with MSU. They have beat USC, UK, and played LSU to OT in their 2nd game.

USC like UK has a tough road to finish the conference. I can see them dropping 3 of 5. We'll see come the 2nd week of March.

Cap'n
02-20-2009, 09:32 AM
Dang the SEC sucks.

MKAU
02-20-2009, 09:33 AM
This is biased, where is Ole Miss? Count up how many teams on that list have beat us...and you come to a total of one.Are you serious? You're post is the only biased thing in this thread.

Gatorbabe
02-20-2009, 09:34 AM
Why did I get rep for my post? Because I slammed my own team? :D

MSUado
02-20-2009, 09:39 AM

You do realize that all of these teams are actually tied for second (using their record).

RailroadGin
02-20-2009, 09:48 AM

Count again. Two (Florida and USC).

MSUado
02-20-2009, 09:57 AM
Count again. Two (Florida and USC).

haha.

Dawg
02-20-2009, 10:10 AM
Rebel5...if you had read the original post, you would have seen that I only included those teams that are tied for second right now. And if you think Ole Miss is going to finish above ANY currently 7-4 team...you've got some serious red and blue glasses to take off.

steelyvan
02-20-2009, 10:22 AM
Dawg, most years I would agree with you. But there are 5 games left and in this year it seems anything can happen. Its just going to be a very interesting finish and tourney.

statesboroblues
02-20-2009, 10:26 AM
Dawg, most years I would agree with you. But there are 5 games left and in this year it seems anything can happen. Its just going to be a very interesting finish and tourney.

Not to mention they have a pretty easy schedule compared to some of the 7-4 teams...and I hate to say it but Kennedy has them playing very well.

"Eat a Peach"

Nkemdiche4Heisman5
02-20-2009, 11:12 AM
Are you serious? You're post is the only biased thing in this thread.

I wasn't being serious at all.

Djshockley3
02-20-2009, 12:24 PM
What would it be if you added Ole Miss?!?! Just sayin

This is coming from the guy who was talking about how horrible Ole Miss was 3 weeks ago. Boy have you changed your mind.

orange&white
02-20-2009, 12:50 PM
None of them. All about the same right now, but UT has the highest rpi and strength of schedule by far so I gues you would have to go with them.

orange&white
02-20-2009, 12:54 PM

You are still 7-4 just like everyone else and played poorly in the non-conference. Reality is they are all just slightly above average basketball teams that won't make it past the first weekend in the tourney.

statesboroblues
02-20-2009, 01:26 PM
You are still 7-4 just like everyone else and played poorly in the non-conference. Reality is they are all just slightly above average basketball teams that won't make it past the first weekend in the tourney.

Brilliant...I can see the commercial now.

"Eat a Peach"

BleedBlue7
02-20-2009, 01:43 PM
South Carolina gets my vote.

kentubbybasketball
02-20-2009, 03:09 PM
At this point, debating about who's second place is silly IMO... it's like having two girls, the hottest of which is already dating somebody, then debating who's gonna go out with the second, least hottest, girl.

But, since the topic is what it is, all things considered, if UK were healthy, I like our team, given that we have two of the SEC's three best players (Meeks, Calathes, and Patterson being those three). We started out 5-0 in the league, so this team has shown what it can do if all the stars are aligned.

In order though, I think right now I'd say. First team being the one that's more secure with the NCAAT:
Florida
Tennessee
Kentucky
USC
MSU

Nkemdiche4Heisman5
02-20-2009, 03:16 PM
This is coming from the guy who was talking about how horrible Ole Miss was 3 weeks ago. Boy have you changed your mind.

Hahahaha @ people thinking I'm being serious

OffThePorch
02-20-2009, 06:25 PM
Hahahaha @ people thinking I'm being serious

you're not alone.

ConwayGamecock
02-20-2009, 09:50 PM
IMO, I'd put the order after LSU at:

Tennessee
USC
MSU
Kentucky