No wonder Billy is such a... [Archive] - SEC Sports Forum | SEC Basketball | SEC Football

PDA

View Full Version : No wonder Billy is such a...

GR8NESS
02-17-2009, 07:32 AM
d!ck to his reporter

http://www.sportsbybrooks.com/espner-turned-down-gillispies-amorous-advance-22375

Gatorbabe
02-17-2009, 08:25 AM
No wonder? Not an excuse to act that way even if she did turn him down. She's married too.

SkyAntoine
02-17-2009, 08:50 AM
Gillispie is beginning to remind me of a WWF promoter. He's so off the wall, I can't decide whether to love him or hate him. I kinda like the entertainment value for the moment.

Fatboy
02-17-2009, 09:01 AM
I can see why he hit on her.

SkyAntoine
02-17-2009, 09:18 AM
Tonight's half-time interview...
http://www.kpebiz.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/10/slap.jpg

MSUado
02-17-2009, 10:28 AM
That just makes him seem like more of an ass for asking out a married woman.

JRS
02-17-2009, 10:47 AM
Weird.

GR8NESS
02-17-2009, 01:08 PM
No wonder? Not an excuse to act that way even if she did turn him down. She's married too.

I'm not sasying that he's right- I'm just saying that its explained now.

kentubbybasketball
02-17-2009, 02:11 PM
Gillispie is beginning to remind me of a WWF promoter. He's so off the wall, I can't decide whether to love him or hate him. I kinda like the entertainment value for the moment.

I think we were all spoiled by the way Tubby handled all people with respect, and that's kinda how it should be at a place like Kentucky that tries to be a leader in college basketball. G is better than this.

Anyway, Gatorbabe, actually said something right for a change earlier:
Not an excuse to act that way even if she did turn him down. She's married too.

Gatorbabe
02-17-2009, 02:44 PM
I think we were all spoiled by the way Tubby handled all people with respect, and that's kinda how it should be at a place like Kentucky that tries to be a leader in college basketball. G is better than this.

Anyway, Gatorbabe, actually said something right for a change earlier:

Wow giving me a compliment and an insult at the same time? Only you. :p

kentubbybasketball
02-17-2009, 02:48 PM
I agreed with you so I thought I'd acknowledge that... anybody can see that G is embarrassing himself. I was cringing at halftime of that UF game last week, because I knew it was gonna be like that when the camera panned to him and her on the sideline.

Gatorbabe
02-17-2009, 02:50 PM
I agreed with you so I thought I'd acknowledge that....

While saying that was the only time I was right .... ;)

Gillespie seems angry all the time to me. I know coaches are usually pretty intense but he gets annoyed a lot. He should probably reign that in ... or not hit on the chicks interviewing him.

kentubbybasketball
02-17-2009, 02:54 PM
I agree. Gillispie is way to angry, and maybe that works fine if you've got 5 seniors on your roster that have been thru the wars, but when you've got guys that need confidence (Galloway, Liggins, and Miller come to mind) you might need a softer approach. You gotta let people (other than Patrick Patterson and Jodie Meeks to a lesser extent) play thru mistakes, and not act like it's the end of the world, because if people were sent out after mistakes, chances are Gillispie would be gone before the first media TO.

SkyAntoine
02-17-2009, 02:54 PM
While saying that was the only time I was right .... ;)

Gillespie seems angry all the time to me. I know coaches are usually pretty intense but he gets annoyed a lot. He should probably reign that in ... or not hit on the chicks interviewing him.

Gillispie is a perfectionist. As much as I like that and what he expects out of Kentucky basketball, it generates other personality traits I'm not crazy about. There is a fine line between arrogance (which I'm usually fine with) and smugness. Billy Clyde's a little smug.

kentubbybasketball
02-17-2009, 02:58 PM
A little smug?

SkyAntoine
02-17-2009, 03:14 PM
A little smug?

A little is more than a tad and I did not say a tad. :)

ConwayGamecock
02-17-2009, 03:15 PM
Gillispie is a perfectionist.

Well, that explains why he's angry all the time......

kentubbybasketball
02-17-2009, 03:16 PM
A little is more than a tad and I did not say a tad. :)

Gotcha. LOL

I seriously don't think G means to be that way though I do think he could control it better (if that makes sense?)

SkyAntoine
02-17-2009, 03:30 PM
Gotcha. LOL

I seriously don't think G means to be that way though I do think he could control it better (if that makes sense?)

Especially since I've heard him speak about how visibility for the program is so important in recruiting. He did his part after Jodie scored 54 on ESPN and with interviews to milk the publicity for UK.

It surprises me that he would jeopardize that with his recent interviews. That's the part that doesn't make sense to me unless he's trying to develop a Bobby Knight persona.

kentubbybasketball
02-17-2009, 03:48 PM
Bobby Knight got away with it though because he won 900 games, had three titles, and went to 5 final fours. Now, tremendous success gives you no right to be treat reporters, especially woman like Gillispie has treated Mrs. Edwards, but maybe it gives you some kind of pass. Afterall, Gillispie hasn't yet won over the entire UK fanbase yet, so he's jeopardizing that, too, and once the fanbase is completely against you, they're completely against you.