Fortson Out! [Archive] - SEC Sports Forum | SEC Basketball | SEC Football

PDA

View Full Version : Fortson Out!

iamjethro
02-12-2009, 03:29 PM
Courtney Fortson suspended indefinitly by Pelphrey.

MSUado
02-12-2009, 03:38 PM
Wow. Not good for the hogs.

iamjethro
02-12-2009, 03:43 PM
I just looked and realized I have been around forever and that was my first post.

Fatboy
02-12-2009, 03:46 PM
Glad you started posting...Why did he get suspended?

msudawg4life
02-12-2009, 03:47 PM
wow...what a way to shake things up.....

iamjethro
02-12-2009, 03:50 PM
Pelphrey did not elaborate. Simply said it was his decision and not based on one incident.

SkyAntoine
02-12-2009, 04:11 PM
Wow! Tough for the Hogs. My bet is Pel is throwing the game for a Kentucky victory. He's still a Blue Blood at heart. :D

weegeman
02-12-2009, 04:13 PM
Thanks Pel.

msudawg4life
02-12-2009, 04:13 PM
Pelphrey did not elaborate. Simply said it was his decision and not based on one incident.

he seems like the kid who will do what he wants and want it done HIS way or else...you can tell that based on how he treats him team members on the court.

iamjethro
02-12-2009, 04:24 PM
Players dropping like flies from the roster.

ConwayGamecock
02-12-2009, 04:44 PM
Will this last at least through the 21st??!!?!?!

:drool:

kentubbybasketball
02-12-2009, 04:49 PM
Wow! Just wow. Almost as shocking as Beverly forgoing his junior season IMO.

I think somehow he gets reinstated before Kentucky though. But, if this is the case, I think this hurts an already small backcourt, and they aren't that deep either. Does Henry start instead? Is it a backcourt of Britt, Clarke, and Welsh? Who's the point guard without him?

Fortson was gonna kill us with dribble drives (penetration)... this helps us tremendously if he's out, but you hate to see a player get suspended.

kentubbybasketball
02-12-2009, 04:53 PM
"Courtney Fortson is suspended indefinitely. It was my decision. I'm not going to comment too much more," Pelphrey said. "Again, it was my decision. My feelings on what I think are important are, at Arkansas we deserve a disciplined program with the players and coaches we have had. That is what I believe.

"Certainly I am not perfect and the players are not perfect, but I will always give my best," the coach continued. "This was not an isolated incident. He will not practice today. I make mistakes. Players make mistakes. We need to be reminded what is important."

Just Some Hog Dude
02-12-2009, 05:04 PM
It seems like Pel has suspended guys a lot this year. I guess he is not lax with the discipline at all or our team is terribly behaved.

I think we have like a six man rotation now. It is going to get ugly.

OffThePorch
02-12-2009, 05:34 PM
thats too bad. kid has some skills.

thethird
02-12-2009, 05:35 PM
That's a big blow. I know when he wasn't in last nights game against AU, ARK is a different team.

DBS
02-12-2009, 07:10 PM
looks like some players ego's got the best of them.

good for pel standing up and punishing them.

Dawg
02-12-2009, 08:24 PM
So, does this hand SEC FOY to Dee Bost? It obviously depends on how long this suspension stands, but it surely doesn't help Fortson...

georgiaguy31015
02-12-2009, 08:55 PM
I just looked and realized I have been around forever and that was my first post.

Welcome to the board man.

iamjethro
02-12-2009, 10:39 PM
thanks

Djshockley3
02-12-2009, 10:41 PM
Arkansas will still beat UGA.

Bacon
02-12-2009, 10:43 PM
At least Nolin is coming back to BWA. LOL, I almost said Barnhill...

Bacon
02-12-2009, 10:49 PM
Probably weed. What is with these kids today! ROFL!

Monk out = concerns about his eligibility

Fortson = Pelphrey wasn't specific about why Fortson was suspended. Fortson fouled out of a 75-62 loss to Auburn on Wednesday night. A technical foul was called on the Arkansas team at the same time.

"At Arkansas we deserve a disciplined program with the players and coaches we have had," Pelphrey said. "Certainly I am not perfect and the players are not perfect, but I will always give my best.

"This was not an isolated incident. He will not practice today. I make mistakes. Players make mistakes. We need to be reminded what is important."

Previously, Jason Henry, Montrell McDonald and Brandon Moore have all been held out of action at one time or another.

The Razorbacks have also been without Marcus Monk, who has been held out because of uncertainty about his eligibility.

MKAU
02-13-2009, 09:14 AM
Probably weed. What is with these kids today! ROFL!

Monk out = concerns about his eligibility

Fortson = Pelphrey wasn't specific about why Fortson was suspended. Fortson fouled out of a 75-62 loss to Auburn on Wednesday night. A technical foul was called on the Arkansas team at the same time.I talked to a friend yesterday who was actually one of the few people who knows what happened Wednesday night (poor attendance, no television contributes to that). He said Fortson just about had a nervous breakdown near the end of the game. He made an intentional foul and just lost it, getting two more technical fouls for argueing with officials over it, had to be restrained, etc. I'm willing to bet this suspension has alot to do with that, going off of what my friend said happened. It was a helluvalot more than just "fouling out".

UA37
02-13-2009, 09:19 AM
Tough luck Hog fans. I guess this is why Gottfried didnt offer him a scholarship. He has tremendous ability, but man he seems so immature.

kentubbybasketball
02-13-2009, 02:25 PM
So, does this hand SEC FOY to Dee Bost? It obviously depends on how long this suspension stands, but it surely doesn't help Fortson...

I announced Bost as my favorite for the award earlier this week before Fortson was out. Bost has been the better player to me.

hawgwild
02-13-2009, 02:29 PM
I talked to a friend yesterday who was actually one of the few people who knows what happened Wednesday night (poor attendance, no television contributes to that). He said Fortson just about had a nervous breakdown near the end of the game. He made an intentional foul and just lost it, getting two more technical fouls for argueing with officials over it, had to be restrained, etc. I'm willing to bet this suspension has alot to do with that, going off of what my friend said happened. It was a helluvalot more than just "fouling out".

Fortson got an intentional foul in the first minute of the game, we got his 5th foul late in the game, and got a tech arguing the call while leaving the court. I was listening to the radio, and thats how i heard it.

MKAU
02-13-2009, 03:11 PM
Fortson got an intentional foul in the first minute of the game, we got his 5th foul late in the game, and got a tech arguing the call while leaving the court. I was listening to the radio, and thats how i heard it.Hmmm. My buddy did say Auburn shot 6 consecutive free throws at the conclusion of his outburst near the end of the game. I doubt he miscounted. Was there something else along with his 5th foul and technical?

hawgwild
02-13-2009, 03:47 PM
Its possible, i just remember fortson fouled the guy, and it was 2 shots, then the tech was 2 shots. I was pretty dejected at the time so i might be mistaken.

hawgwild
02-13-2009, 03:55 PM
Justed looked at espn box score, it shows fortson with one tech, and auburn shooting 4 consecutive free throws, making 3.

leland5
02-13-2009, 03:58 PM
Courtney Fortson....Keep your head up.