This Walter Hodge Thing [Archive] - SEC Sports Forum | SEC Basketball | SEC Football

PDA

View Full Version : This Walter Hodge Thing

MissKitty
02-12-2009, 12:29 PM
Is he going to be suspended from the Gators next game? Am I correct in thinking that if you are ejected from a game, you are suspended for the next game as well?

Gang, I've always kind of liked Hodge, untill this incident. I've watched the replay over and over, and there's no way this guy didn't do this intentionaly.

Think about it, if you feel someone's arm under your foot you don't continue to walk over them. You pull your foot up off that person. It wasn't like he was moving at WOT or anything. The guy was walking, LOOKING DOWN at where he was going.

IMO, he should be suspended from the Gators next game. The question is, will he? Is he?

swampmonster
02-12-2009, 12:36 PM
LOL.

And away we go.

@#$^^&**(( is all I have to say.

gatormaniac
02-12-2009, 12:39 PM
LOL.

And away we go.

@#$^^&**(( is all I have to say.

No kidding. If he isn't, Billy will be a bad man...

MissKitty
02-12-2009, 12:40 PM
I don't think it's up to Billy. I'm thinking this is an SEC/NCAA rule.

MissKitty
02-12-2009, 12:44 PM
I may be wrong about this rule, but that's what I'm thinking and why I'm asking. Don't be so quick to get radical Gators. Nothing wrong with expressing my opinion on the incident along with asking a question.

swampmonster
02-12-2009, 01:00 PM
((((%$#$@#*&^%$$##****))))

http://tbn1.google.com/images?q=tbn:tSNVQD5XhcFa9M:http://polizeros.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/03/suicide.gif

OffThePorch
02-12-2009, 01:09 PM
ive played ball & Ive accidently stepped on someone... sometimes your mind isnt where your eyes are. either way no real harm was done. not as bad as a late hit in football.. one penalty & its over with.

kentubbybasketball
02-12-2009, 01:20 PM
At this point, I think the refs handled that situation very well... they made sure they watched videotape for like 8 minutes... they got the right call. I think it was intentional. Once Hodge realized how bad it was, he went to apologize to Perry. I personally don't think the situation was as bad as it could have been, because Perry didn't allow it to escalate... I'm glad one player represented his university well in that situation.

Personally, I'm not sure if he should be suspended though. I believe that's an NBA rule.

MissKitty
02-12-2009, 01:23 PM
kt, I'm thinking the incident has to be reviewed by the SEC, and a decision made by the SEC on whether or not he'll be suspended the following game.

I still may be wrong, but that's what I'm thinking.

kentubbybasketball
02-12-2009, 01:25 PM
I honestly can't remember the last time a player was suspended in the SEC. You could be right, I do believe they will review it.

kentubbybasketball
02-12-2009, 01:48 PM
I will say if Hodge is so aloof that he didn't see Perry's foul and where Perry landed, he's a detriment to Florida being on the court, if he's not that alert.

OffThePorch
02-12-2009, 01:52 PM
lmao....

swampmonster
02-12-2009, 01:54 PM
http://www.blogography.com/photos18/BlahBlah4.gif

kentubbybasketball
02-12-2009, 01:59 PM
swamp, you can whatever you want to say, and post whatever pictures you want... had your player shown some class and respect it wouldn't have come down to this.

swampmonster
02-12-2009, 02:29 PM
swamp, you can whatever you want to say, and post whatever pictures you want... had your player shown some class and respect it wouldn't have come down to this.

pffffft.

Gatorbabe
02-12-2009, 02:40 PM
Hey wait ... I thought only Gator fans obsessed about things. :D I can say over and over again that it wasn't intentional but none of you all (UK fans) will believe me. I don't know why it matters if he is suspended or not. He was thrown out of the game and I feel like it was debatable whether it was intentional or not. So I'm not sure why its an issue ....

Gatorbabe
02-12-2009, 02:41 PM
I will say if Hodge is so aloof that he didn't see Perry's foul and where Perry landed, he's a detriment to Florida being on the court, if he's not that alert.

That is very dramatic. Maybe we should kick him off the team for being such a "detriment" ... As far as I know, this is the first time he's allegedly done something like this. So I think we'll take our chances on him. I'm sure Billy would agree and he is smarter than all of us.

SkyAntoine
02-12-2009, 03:58 PM
Maybe it's just me, but I think Hodge should sit the bench for at least one game.

Then...Donovan should get a five year vacation from coaching any form of sports including (but not limited to) NCAA sanctioned events, High School sports, Upward bound functions, coaching the Orlando Magic and/or other NBA teams, and UFC/MMA.

msudawg4life
02-12-2009, 04:00 PM
Saw the replay for the 1st time, that was pretty sad....Hodge took several steps before he even stepped on the arm...looked as if he was looking down the WHOLE time.....maybe he got light headed and dizzy just before he took that step and really didn't do it on purpose....

weegeman
02-12-2009, 04:10 PM
I think you have to throw a punch to be forced to sit out the following game. I think that's the rule anyway... They didn't even make McClinton sit out the Kentucky game, which followed the game where he was ejected for clearly throwing somewhat of a punch.

The Hodge thing was scummy. It looked to me like he knew what he was doing and then immediately changed his mind at the last second. We've had guys do similar things, such as Magloire's wrestling move on Wojo in 98. It happens sometimes.

kentubbybasketball
02-12-2009, 04:43 PM
Hey wait ... I thought only Gator fans obsessed about things. :D I can say over and over again that it wasn't intentional but none of you all (UK fans) will believe me. I don't know why it matters if he is suspended or not. He was thrown out of the game and I feel like it was debatable whether it was intentional or not. So I'm not sure why its an issue ....

babe, you still fail to get the point and "none of you all" (UF fans) get it. Whether it was intention or not... IT HAPPENED.

kentubbybasketball
02-12-2009, 04:44 PM
Saw the replay for the 1st time, that was pretty sad....Hodge took several steps before he even stepped on the arm...looked as if he was looking down the WHOLE time.....maybe he got light headed and dizzy just before he took that step and really didn't do it on purpose....

Thank you... from a non-UK fan... since "none of us" get it.

kentubbybasketball
02-12-2009, 04:45 PM
I think you have to throw a punch to be forced to sit out the following game. I think that's the rule anyway... They didn't even make McClinton sit out the Kentucky game, which followed the game where he was ejected for clearly throwing somewhat of a punch.

The Hodge thing was scummy. It looked to me like he knew what he was doing and then immediately changed his mind at the last second. We've had guys do similar things, such as Magloire's wrestling move on Wojo in 98. It happens sometimes.

To me, what's more disgraceful is the way "some of them" (UF fans) are acting.

MissKitty
02-12-2009, 04:48 PM
Weege, what are you thinking? Everyone knows Wojo was flopping around trying to get Maglore thrown out of the game. Thank goodness the refs were more intelligent than Billy pACCker.

OffThePorch
02-12-2009, 05:30 PM
lmao..

GatorMan32
02-12-2009, 05:39 PM
babe, you still fail to get the point and "none of you all" (UF fans) get it. Whether it was intention or not... IT HAPPENED.

i think she was mocking UT fans and some of the UGA fans re:Lane Kiffin.

by the way, nobody said it did not happen. the discussion was if he meant to do it or it was a dumb mistake.

GDawg88
02-12-2009, 05:46 PM
I just watched this on YouTube for the first time and I frankly don't see what the fuss is about. It's inconclusive at best whether or not Hodge did it on purpose. I don't think you can cast aspersions on the guy's intentions. Hodge has never had any problems at Florida on or off the court that I know of, so I'm going to give him the benefit of the doubt in this instance.

The only thing I had a problem with was Hodge not helping Stevenson up after he stepped on him. I can see why that might cause some suspicion.

gatormaniac
02-12-2009, 05:49 PM
LMAO @ this thread. It went just as '08 expected. " Some of you " are just sooo predictable.

GatorMan32
02-12-2009, 06:00 PM
Hodge went over to him twice to apologize. The first one was immediate.

GDawg88
02-12-2009, 06:10 PM
Hodge went over to him twice to apologize. The first one was immediate.
Oh, it didn't show that on the video.

ConwayGamecock
02-12-2009, 08:32 PM
meh, I also watched it several times on the youtube video.......I see Hodges walking along the side of Stevenson, as if he was getting to the UF player that was also on the floor, to help him up. I see him slowly walking, and looking down the whole time - perhaps not down at Stevenson, but in a downward angle, so that Stevenson and his out-splayed arm should have been in Hodges' peripheral the whole time.

I see Hodge lift his left leg - at the time of stepping his left foot down on Stevenson's arm- up higher than he did in any of the steps he took to get to the arm. As if Hodges knew there was an object - the arm - in his path. I see him shrug his shoulders and lift his arms up at the elbows as he steps down on Stevenson's arm: the way people sometimes do when they are stepping down on tree branches, rocks, or down onto some other surface that is thought to be unstable. Like the term "walking on egg-shells".

Perhaps Hodges knew that Stevenson's arm was there, and he was trying to step over the arm. Basketball and football players do that often, when an opponent is on the ground: instead of walking around that opponent, they walk over that opponent, and make that opponent wait for them to pass by before they can get up.

But his body actions before he steps down, and as he steps down, tells me he at least knew Stevenson's arm was there. And Stevenson's arm did not move the entirety of the sequence. So, either Hodge did not intend to step down on Stevenson's arm, but truly was reckless and irresponsible in his attempt to avoid it, or his actions were deliberate, and he knew what he was doing the whole time he did it.

It is therefore my conclusion that Walter Hodge should be suspended for the remainder of the 2008-2009 basketball season, effective immediately. And perhaps Coach Donovan publicly reprimanded....although I'm not 100% on that one.......

Dawg
02-12-2009, 08:35 PM
I've never agreed with Kentubby more. The act was a slimeball, thuggish move and obviously intentional. He should hit the bench for at least a game.

ConwayGamecock
02-12-2009, 08:37 PM
I've never agreed with Kentubby more. The act was a slimeball, thuggish move and obviously intentional. He should hit the bench for at least a game.

But doesn't that only promote more violence in the player???

OffThePorch
02-12-2009, 08:50 PM

so **** think alike.. :lol:

no one knows if it was on purpose & it did nothing to Stevenson.. ive seen women play harder.

Dawg
02-13-2009, 08:00 AM
so **** think alike.. :lol:

no one knows if it was on purpose & it did nothing to Stevenson.. ive seen women play harder.

Grow a pair and stop the personal attacks.

Gatorbabe
02-13-2009, 08:30 AM

What am I failing to understand here? If you are not talking about his intention, then what exactly are you talking about? Of course I know he was ejected for it (I did watch the freakin game), but that does not condemn him. We all know refs never get anything wrong. ;) I know they saw the replay for a good while but so did we, and a lot of people thought he did not do it intentionally. I could be totally wrong. Only Hodge knows the truth. At least I can admit that I'm biased though. I doubt you would do the same right? :p

GatorMan32
02-13-2009, 09:24 AM
But doesn't that only promote more violence in the player???

that is f'ing hilarious :rotf::rotf:

OffThePorch
02-13-2009, 11:15 AM
Grow a pair
and stop the personal attacks.

http://baysideproducts.com/store/images/windsor_cheval_mirror.jpg

SkyAntoine
02-13-2009, 11:28 AM
It is therefore my conclusion that Walter Hodge should be suspended for the remainder of the 2008-2009 basketball season, effective immediately. And perhaps Coach Donovan publicly reprimanded....although I'm not 100% on that one.......

That sounds like a fair and logical assessment to me. Donovan is guilty by association...after all he did recruit Hodge.

swampmonster
02-13-2009, 11:30 AM
At least I can admit that I'm biased though. I doubt you would do the same right?

:lol: :lol: :lol:

*@$*****@! UK

http://tbn3.google.com/images?q=tbn:_ABrGlg5EmncSM:http://i430.photobucket.com/albums/qq21/superrama4/homer-low2.png

SkyAntoine
02-13-2009, 11:55 AM
:lol: :lol: :lol:

*@$*****@! UK

http://tbn3.google.com/images?q=tbn:_ABrGlg5EmncSM:http://i430.photobucket.com/albums/qq21/superrama4/homer-low2.png

If you're going to be that way, then all us UK fans will just leave...then where would SECF be?
http://usera.ImageCave.com/SkyAntoine/Humbleness.png.jpg

Gatorbabe
02-13-2009, 12:00 PM
A world without UK fans would be wonderful. ;)

swampmonster
02-13-2009, 12:07 PM
If you're going to be that way, then all us UK fans will just leave...then where would SECF be?

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/4/41/RoadToUtopia_1946.jpg

?????? :D

SkyAntoine
02-13-2009, 12:11 PM
A world without UK fans would be wonderful. ;)

A world without Hodge would be a world where Perry Stevenson's infant daughter could be held without her Daddy's arm falling off due to a tragic on-court accident.

swampmonster
02-13-2009, 12:20 PM
A world without Hodge would be a world where Perry Stevenson's infant daughter could be held without her Daddy's arm falling off due to a tragic on-court accident.

http://tbn2.google.com/images?q=tbn:nU6yZBO-ADg9rM:http://www1.istockphoto.com/file_thumbview_approve/568951/2/istockphoto_568951_boo_hoo.jpg

:lol:

MissKitty
02-13-2009, 12:51 PM
I take it nobody knows the answer to my question?

:sarcasm:

SkyAntoine
02-13-2009, 12:58 PM
I take it nobody knows the answer to my question?

:sarcasm:

No. Sadly we have used this thread to once again crawl under the skin of Gator fans. It's much more fun than dealing with the task at hand.:)

Gatorbabe
02-13-2009, 12:59 PM
No. Sadly we have used this thread to once again crawl under the skin of Gator fans. It's much more fun than dealing with the task at hand.:)

I dont know about that ... Kentubby seemed pretty cranky. :p

swampmonster
02-13-2009, 01:13 PM
A world without certain UK fans would be wonderful.

http://www.ugo.com/movies/guide-to-rage/images/homer-simpson.jpg

swampmonster
02-13-2009, 01:59 PM
http://brockblog.gainesville.com/default.asp?item=2332029

"It was a hard, hard play because the officials had to make a decision based on Walter's intentions," Donovan said. "So what was Walter's intention at the time. Well, nobody knows what Walter is thinking but Walter. I think when it happened the thing that made me feel a little bit better was that Walter went back to try to apologize to the guy."

Because it was a flagrant technical and not considered a fight, Hodge will be available to play Saturday at Georgia.

:raz: ha!

MissKitty
02-13-2009, 02:03 PM
Finally an answer!!!!!!!!!

Now had you gone and got me the answer in the beginning, you probably could've saved yourself a lot of "Pfffs" and other anial reactions. :banghead:

swampmonster
02-13-2009, 02:08 PM

Now had you gone and got me the answer in the beginning, you probably could've saved yourself a lot of "Pfffs" and other anial reactions

meow.....pfffffft.......meow........pfffft. @***%@***. LOL

http://tcor.files.wordpress.com/2007/07/worlds-ugliest-cat.jpg

Herchel
02-13-2009, 02:11 PM
Would someone please step on Dustin Ware?

kentubbybasketball
02-13-2009, 02:16 PM

To me, it's common sense based on the video. The idea that it's inconclusive to determine whether he meant to do it or not (GD88's grand idea) is crappy IMO. Stevenson stopped the game with his foul, he landed on the court... if Hodge didn't have a sense of his whereabouts after that I would have called his bluff. But, to walking in Perry's direction, while looking down, and not see a 6'9 guy sprawled across the court is ridiculous.

At the end of the day, had it been a UK player, we know what the reaction would have been. UK players are classier than that though.

UGA better be careful in this game with Florida this weekend. They like to step on people now.

Gatorbabe
02-13-2009, 02:27 PM
UGA better be careful in this game with Florida this weekend. They like to step on people now.

Just for saying that ... your opinion is worthless on this whole topic.

Gatorbabe
02-13-2009, 02:27 PM

Now had you gone and got me the answer in the beginning, you probably could've saved yourself a lot of "Pfffs" and other anial reactions. :banghead:

Because no one really cares (even Florida fans) if he is suspended or not. No offense to Hodge. He has kinda of turned out to be a disappointment. :)

kentubbybasketball
02-13-2009, 02:30 PM
Just for saying that ... your opinion is worthless on this whole topic.

You know what people say about opinions... that goes for yours and mine.

Don't you have some football stuff to talk about?:raz:

Gatorbabe
02-13-2009, 02:31 PM
You know what people say about opinions... that goes for yours and mine.

Don't you have some football stuff to talk about?:raz:

Why? Are you already getting tired of me? :p

I have football stuff to talk about but its making the Vol fans a little whiny so I decided to have fun with my favorite fans in the whole wide world. You should be so flattered. :)

swampmonster
02-13-2009, 02:33 PM
UK players are classier than that though.

:lol: homerific!

kentubbybasketball
02-13-2009, 02:34 PM
babe, I'm really not tired of you. I've annoyed you for years, so I just thought it was funny.

But, can't we agree on one thing, since he did step on a UK player, don't understand why UK fans would be ticked off by it? It just seems like thru some of your comments (and maybe as GM said earlier you were referring to UT fans), that you guys don't think we should be mad about it.

kentubbybasketball
02-13-2009, 02:35 PM
:lol: homerific!

To the best of my knowledge, UK players haven't stepped on anybody purposely... Duke and UF players have did it to UK players though.

swampmonster
02-13-2009, 02:38 PM
To the best of my knowledge, UK players haven't stepped on anybody purposely... Duke and UF players have did it to UK players though.

LMAO.

Results 1 - 10 of about 21,700 for kentucky player called for a flagrant technical foul.

Gatorbabe
02-13-2009, 02:44 PM
babe, I'm really not tired of you. I've annoyed you for years, so I just thought it was funny.

But, can't we agree on one thing, since he did step on a UK player, don't understand why UK fans would be ticked off by it? It just seems like thru some of your comments (and maybe as GM said earlier you were referring to UT fans), that you guys don't think we should be mad about it.

It's not just me that you have annoyed. But you do wear it like a badge of honor ... it should tell you a little something about yourself. ;)

I never said UK fans shouldn't be mad about it ... It's funny you want me to try and see your side of things but you would never do that for us. I may have been more prone to believe he did it on purpose if I was a UK fan but the fact that he apologized a couple of times and the fact that the UK player was classy enough to get over it would have made me not make a big issue about it. You all definitely have a right to be mad ... but to speak about him like he is one of the worst human beings or to blame our coach or even to make assumptions that UF players are dirty is a little ridiculous. At the worst, he is a thug.

kentubbybasketball
02-13-2009, 02:48 PM
babe, that's where you might want to do your research next time. The word I used to describe Hodge was "thuggish" in the other thread... so obviously you don't have a problem with me.

The reason the UK player didn't do anything was because he realized the UF player already had egg on his face... why stoop down to that level. We need Perry Stevenson on the court for that game, why do something stupid and get yourself kicked out, too. Perry was visibly angry when he was still on the ground after Hodge stepped on him... Perry even flung his arm back toward Hodge, and Michael Porter came in to break it up.

Honestly, what's done is done... Hodge stepped on another human being (despicable), and his ejection, likely cost his team the game... that's reward enough for me.

swampmonster
02-13-2009, 03:00 PM
Honestly, what's done is done... Hodge stepped on another human being (despicable)

:lol: this guy's probably your hero though.......

Tom Payne (born November 19, 1950) is a former professional basketball player.

A 7-foot, 2-inch center, Payne played with the Atlanta Hawks of the NBA during the 1970-71 season. He was also the first African American ever to play basketball for the University of Kentucky.

In a road game against the University of Tennessee, Payne flipped Jim Woodall head over heels battling for a rebound. The referees whistled Payne for a flagrant foul and ejected him. In the rematch against Tennessee at Kentucky, Payne again flagrantly fouled Woodall, and was ejected from this game also. Payne was also ejected from a home game against Alabama for objecting to a referee’s call.

kentubbybasketball
02-13-2009, 03:04 PM
So, once again, to the best of my knowledge none of our guys have stepped on anybody. Big difference in going hard after a rebound and stepping on somebody after the whistle has been blown.

swampmonster
02-13-2009, 03:06 PM
More on one of Kentubby's UK's, not "despicable" like Duke and UF's players, first ever black player......

Payne’s promising career ended suddenly in May 1972, when police in Georgia arrested him after investigating several rapes in the Atlanta area. Later, he was indicted in Kentucky in connection with one rape and two attempted rapes. In 1972, he was convicted on two counts of rape and one count of aggravated sodomy in Atlanta. He served five years in prison in Georgia, two and a half of those in solitary confinement for participating in a prison riot.

Yep only UF has ever had a player commit "despicable acts".

LMAO.

kentubbybasketball
02-13-2009, 03:09 PM
What's Teddy Dupay up to these days, besides attacking women?

swampmonster
02-13-2009, 03:09 PM
So, once again, to the best of my knowledge none of our guys have stepped on anybody. Big difference in going hard after a rebound and stepping on somebody after the whistle has been blown.

How about stepping on someone......and sodomizing someone.

You lose hulkhomer. :thumb:

Gatorbabe
02-13-2009, 03:10 PM
Well I don't think his ejection cost us the game but that is another topic. I have no problem with you thinking he is a thug. But you did somehow find a way to partially blame Billy. You get on him a lot for stupid things ... The only other issue I have with you is that you seem to feel as if your opinion is correct and never acknowledge that maybe you are just seeing it differently from others. That is the difference between us. I've already mentioned it before and you seem to ignore it everytime. I mean the fact that you make assumptions that UF players will step on other players from now on is a little retarded. Or that you put UK players up on a pedestal and are no way in capable of doing anything wrong.

swampmonster
02-13-2009, 03:11 PM

Hopefully he's locked up, he's the "scum of the earth."

If he in fact raped that woman. ;)

But I never put UF players on that grand pedestal you put UK players on.

So that's neither here nor there.

kentubbybasketball
02-13-2009, 03:15 PM
Well I don't think his ejection cost us the game but that is another topic. I have no problem with you thinking he is a thug. But you did somehow find a way to partially blame Billy. You get on him a lot for stupid things ... The only other issue I have with you is that you seem to feel as if your opinion is correct and never acknowledge that maybe you are just seeing it differently from others. That is the difference between us. I've already mentioned it before and you seem to ignore it everytime. I mean the fact that you make assumptions that UF players will step on other players from now on is a little retarded. Or that you put UK players up on a pedestal and are no way in capable of doing anything wrong.

babe, I never blamed Billy D for anything in this situation, so ou can't prove that. All I said about Billy D was I was surprised he didn't get onto Hodge more considering what he did. I've always known Billy D to stand against treacherous acts like that. That was a compliment to him. It's not like I said I expected him to defend Hodge. I hold Billy D in higher regard than plenty of UK fans do, so that's laughable IMO.

I think everybody on message boards think their opinions are right... I've never met a person that posted an opinion on here that didn't think that opinion was "right."

As far as acting like UF players are gonna step on someone else... can you not take a joke? If you want to take things as literal as possible, you're gonna be mad about a lot worse comments than this, my friend.

Gatorbabe
02-13-2009, 03:19 PM
babe, I never blamed Billy D for anything in this situation, so ou can't prove that. All I said about Billy D was I was surprised he didn't get onto Hodge more considering what he did. I've always known Billy D to stand against treacherous acts like that. That was a compliment to him. It's not like I said I expected him to defend Hodge. I hold Billy D in higher regard than plenty of UK fans do, so that's laughable IMO.

I think everybody on message boards think their opinions are right... I've never met a person that posted an opinion on here that didn't think that opinion was "right."

As far as acting like UF players are gonna step on someone else... can you not take a joke? If you want to take things as literal as possible, you're gonna be mad about a lot worse comments than this, my friend.

You were critical of him which is beyond stupid. He handled it just fine .... so don't act like you were trying to compliment him. Otherwise you wouldn't have even brought it up. I'm not stupid. ;)

Yes we all think our opinions are right but some here actually acknowledge that there are not always right and their bias can cloud their judgement.

I can take jokes just fine ... you are just not the type who jokes.

kentubbybasketball
02-13-2009, 03:26 PM
Correction: trying to criticize Billy Donovan is what Dawg did, who blatantly blamed Billy D. I, as a matter of fact, said "you can't lay this at the feet of Billy Donovan." If I wanted to criticize Billy D I wouldn't have hidden behind a backhanded compliment.

But, so now I'm biased... tell me something I don't know already. I think what's fun about this board is that there are gonna be at least 12 different biases, since there are 12 different programs (and even within those programs fans disagree).

babe, I've already told you what I said about UGA players watching out for Florida this weekend was a joke. I know it was a joke, and I'm not gonna waste my time trying to convince you otherwise. I'm sorry you took offense to the joke, you'll just have to get over it IMO.

Gatorbabe
02-13-2009, 03:29 PM
babe, I've already told you what I said about UGA players watching out for Florida this weekend was a joke. I know it was a joke, and I'm not gonna waste my time trying to convince you otherwise. I'm sorry you took offense to the joke, you'll just have to get over it IMO.

I believe you ... just didn't come off as one when you said it. It's not a big deal. I don't have to get over anything....

kentubbybasketball
02-13-2009, 03:32 PM
I believe you ... just didn't come off as one when you said it. It's not a big deal. I don't have to get over anything....

Oh okay... if it wasn't a big deal, you didn't have to make it one by criticizing me, which is what you're angry about because you say I'm doing it to your coach and players.

GatorMan32
02-13-2009, 03:36 PM

if Dupay did what he is accused of, he is trash. i have no respect for a man who hits a woman. the fact that you bring up someone who has not been part of our program for almost a decade is pathetic and irrelevant. do i need to do some google searches for trouble former Cat players have gotten into? bet i could find some with just a bit of research. never been something that concerned me, but if we are going to play this game then i will play too.

Gatorbabe
02-13-2009, 03:38 PM
Oh okay... if it wasn't a big deal, you didn't have to make it one by criticizing me, which is what you're angry about because you say I'm doing it to your coach and players.

What is wrong with you? I'm not making a big deal by commenting on it. Sorry if I hurt your feelings. ;) I didn't think it was a joke and since you claim it was, I'll just say it was a bad one. I'm not angry about it. Just thought it was a dumb comment.

swampmonster
02-13-2009, 03:40 PM
http://vault.sportsillustrated.cnn.com/vault/article/magazine/MAG1135700/index.htm

December 20, 1976
The Kain-tuck-eee Jubilee
With Adolph Rupp on center stage (inset) . Kentucky's undefeated Wildcats celebrated the dedication of a new arena in the old coach's name by overwhelming Kansas

Phillips, in particular, is fun loving. He currently has several stitches in the corner of his left eye, a trophy from a fight in the recent 103-53 laugher over Texas Christian. A quiet, well-mannered sort off the court, Phillips was ejectedfrom the Mississippi State game last year and picked up a couple of technical fouls at Tennessee. "I get out of control sometimes," he says softly. Robey, meanwhile, nailed Kansas Forward Herb Nobles in the eye Saturday night, a blow that left Nobles with troubled vision the rest of the evening.

This two-fisted defense

Rupp was a caustic sort, called the Baron as much for his imperial manner as anything. His autocratic style caught on with the fans, who to this day are proud to point out that Kentucky players always say yes, sir and no, sir.

The foundation of UK was two-fisted, no holds barred basketball. Now all of the sudden, a slip up by an opposing player intentional or not, step on a bicep is "dispicable."

LMAO.

I guess Hodge should of hit him in the face and busted his eye open, then it would have been up to UK's high standards, that were set by Adolph Rupp. :blah:

kentubbybasketball
02-13-2009, 03:41 PM
It is what it is, babe. Just tell your players to watch where they're stepping.

Gatorbabe
02-13-2009, 03:41 PM
It is what it is, babe. Just tell your players to watch where they're stepping.

HAHA!!

Was that another joke?! :p

SkyAntoine
02-13-2009, 03:48 PM
http://www.stripersonline.com/surftalk/attachment.php?attachmentid=51177&d=1182265390

gatormaniac
02-13-2009, 03:49 PM
This thread is very Kiffen-like.