Vanderbilt @ Tennessee game thread 2/14/09 [Archive] - SEC Sports Forum | SEC Basketball | SEC Football

PDA

View Full Version : Vanderbilt @ Tennessee game thread 2/14/09

GoBigO
02-12-2009, 09:22 AM
Looking forward going to the game this weekend. Should be an interesting game this go around...Chism was a man-beast the last game and owned the paint. Vols also showed that go around that they are capable of playing defense (when they want). Ogilvy and Beal were non-factors and for Vandy to have a chance Saturday they will have to show up.

UA37
02-12-2009, 09:27 AM
I'm feeling the upset. Vandy is on a nice little three game streak and they've had a week to prepare.

GoBigO
02-12-2009, 09:40 AM
With this year in the SEC, anything is possible.

Vandy420
02-12-2009, 09:53 AM
Ogilvy is over the flu, and his heel seems to be back to close to 100%, so that will definitly make a difference. But Chism has still had his way with ogilvy when they faced each other. We had trouble hitting open shots last time, and it cost us a chance to be in the game at the end. We seem to be shooting the ball better so hopefully we can at least hit our open shots. This should be a good game, and I'm sure TBA will be rocking.

VandyChuck
02-12-2009, 10:45 AM
I feel pretty good about this game. I think we'll have a good showing.

kentubbybasketball
02-12-2009, 01:44 PM
UT really handled Vandy at Memorial, and Chism was a big reason why. I think Chism plays with a chip on his shoulder when he plays against posts that get more attention than he does. If Chism plays well, I don't like Vandy's chances, so he's the X-factor to me.

Plus, who's gonna guard Tyler Smith... the majority of the time Smith is in there, I'd imagine it would be a freshman, which could be his advantage.

Vandy420
02-12-2009, 01:54 PM
I would guess Beal or Taylor would be on Smith. As good as smith is I'll take either of those match ups. AJ played alot different the last couple games than he did against UK, UT, and UF hopefully that is b/c he is healthy now and not b/c of the competition.

kentubbybasketball
02-12-2009, 01:57 PM
Beal? Really? So, who's guarding UT's guards then if Beal isn't? Plus, who is Vandy's 4 gonna guard then, someone much smaller?

I could see Taylor working better on Smith, but like I said originally, he's still a freshman on the road in a hostile environment.

VandyChuck
02-12-2009, 02:20 PM
Ogilvy on Chism, Tcheingang/McClellan on Smith...

But I imagine we'll play that 3-2 zone most of the game.

kentubbybasketball
02-12-2009, 02:26 PM
Zone is smart against UT... makes them more passive, they are forced into shooting more threes hopefully, and it keeps them out of the lane hopefully.

VandyChuck
02-12-2009, 02:35 PM
We use Taylor/Goulbourne at the point of the zone which I like. Both have long arms and are extremely quick and it's tough to get passes around them. The weakness of the zone had been AJ having to cover the corner threes, but Stallings made an adjustment vs. Ole Miss and had Taylor/Goulbourne coming down from the point and diving down in that corner. Worked very nicely as OM hardly had any really good looks.

bballpro408
02-12-2009, 02:49 PM
Zone is smart against UT... makes them more passive, they are forced into shooting more threes hopefully, and it keeps them out of the lane hopefully.

This is true. Zones have killed us this year.

Djshockley3
02-12-2009, 02:51 PM
This is true. Zones have killed us this year.

Even UGA's zone D slowed UT down for a few minutes.:rotf:

GoBigO
02-12-2009, 04:50 PM
I'm more worried about Vandy hitting their outside shots than anything. I dont want to get into a 3 point shooting contest.

kentubbybasketball
02-12-2009, 04:51 PM
Vandy's not setting the world on fire from three either. This might be one of the few games where UT might make more threes than the opponent.

GoBigO
02-12-2009, 04:55 PM
Well one thing's for certain...Kevin will probably cuss Bruce Pearl and his orange jacket. ;)

kentubbybasketball
02-12-2009, 04:57 PM
Kevin Stallings has the foulest mouth of any coach in college basketball, probably including Coach K.

Vandy420
02-13-2009, 08:28 AM
Are you serious? Please provide any shred of proof on that. He is very vocal but I have never heard him use foul language during a game.

And we have been pretty good from 3 in the past 3 games.

KT i heard patterson was going to be out for the Vandy game, is this true?

Rocky@theTop
02-13-2009, 09:49 AM
Are you serious? Please provide any shred of proof on that. He is very vocal but I have never heard him use foul language during a game.

You have got to be F-n kidding me? Kevin Stallings has the mouth of a sailor.

Vandy420
02-13-2009, 09:58 AM
Proof?

I have never heard him cuss in person during a game, but won't say he hasn't. But to say he has the foulest mouth in college basketball is a little over the top. Provide any proof if you can.

I've been to hundreds of games at Memorial and never heard a cuss word from him. He screams and yells and whistles and gets very into the games, but I've never heard him cuss during any game.

Rocky@theTop
02-13-2009, 10:20 AM
Proof?

I have never heard him cuss in person during a game, but won't say he hasn't. But to say he has the foulest mouth in college basketball is a little over the top. Provide any proof if you can.

I've been to hundreds of games at Memorial and never heard a cuss word from him. He screams and yells and whistles and gets very into the games, but I've never heard him cuss during any game.

That's because you are shill for anything Vanderbilt.

Just google 'Kevin Stallings cussinng'

VandyChuck
02-13-2009, 10:36 AM
I know he cusses a lot...I've never heard him yell anything during a game though. I'm not sure you can find an SEC coach that DOESN'T let an f-bomb go every now and then, though.

Vandy420
02-13-2009, 10:40 AM
Thats what i'm saying, I'm not claiming he never cusses, but I have never heard anything during a game, and would like to see some proof from KT or Rocky if they are going to say he has the foulest mouth in college basketball.

govandy0620
02-13-2009, 11:11 AM
haha Are we serious right now?? Guys, every coach cusses so just go ahead and get off your high horse. You have no proof who cusses the most because you have not seen every coach in college basketball anyway.

And yes, the problem of who is guarding Smith is pretty irrelevant considering the 3-2 is our base defense. Our 3's have improved tremendously over the past 3 games so watch what you say KT. And, we are coming off of a bye week. We normally don't do too well of our bye weeks for some reason. Hopefully CKS has mixed up something for us that UT isn't expecting. It will be tough to beat them there but if we get a fast start anything is possible.

Vandy420
02-13-2009, 12:01 PM
I googled it and all that came up was pathetic Vol fans on Volquest talking **** about KS and Vandy. Pathetic.

Rocky@theTop
02-13-2009, 12:38 PM
I googled it and all that came up was pathetic Vol fans on Volquest talking **** about KS and Vandy. Pathetic.

What's pathetic is you cannot see the forest for the trees.

govandy0620
02-13-2009, 01:00 PM
Please don't tell me you think Bruce Pearl is Mother Teresa..

Rocky@theTop
02-13-2009, 01:07 PM

Bruce Pearl wasn't brought into the conversation. We were talking about Cussing Kevin.

kentubbybasketball
02-13-2009, 02:18 PM

Kevin Stallings has admitted to using "potty mouth words" (:raz:) before.

kentubbybasketball
02-13-2009, 02:20 PM
I know he cusses a lot...I've never heard him yell anything during a game though. I'm not sure you can find an SEC coach that DOESN'T let an f-bomb go every now and then, though.

You're right. The Lute Olsons of the world (guys who vowed to never cuss) are leaving the game now.

Thanks for admitting the truth... 420 is having trouble doing that.

kentubbybasketball
02-13-2009, 02:20 PM
What's pathetic is you cannot see the forest for the trees.

Word!

kentubbybasketball
02-13-2009, 02:22 PM

Now, if somebody brought my guy, Billy Gillispie, into this... I would simply admit that he's let some words slip before. Unlike some of you Vandy fans (except for Chuck).

govandy0620
02-13-2009, 02:36 PM
Now, if somebody brought my guy, Billy Gillispie, into this... I would simply admit that he's let some words slip before. Unlike some of you Vandy fans (except for Chuck).

What? I just said every basketball coach cusses. It was you who said he cusses the most out of every coach in college basketball. Do you know how ridiculous that accusation is considering you probably don't even know of half the coaches in college basketball?

kentubbybasketball
02-13-2009, 02:39 PM
What? I just said every basketball coach cusses. It was you who said he cusses the most out of every coach in college basketball. Do you know how ridiculous that accusation is considering you probably don't even know of half the coaches in college basketball?

Why don't you just sit down for a minute, calm down, and try not to take things so literally all the time.

Man, in the time it took me to right the above sentence, Stallings cussed out his staff 9 times.

Vandy420
02-13-2009, 03:09 PM
Like I thought same ole rival fans talking sh*t, not backing anything up, just talking in circles trying to start crap and piss people off. It's really not a big deal. You couldn't provide any proof of your idiotic claims...typical. Have a good weekend guys.

kentubbybasketball
02-13-2009, 03:17 PM
It's really not a big deal.

I think you're the one that made it a big deal by begging people to provide evidence... when Stallings has admitted he's let some things slip in the past. It's not my job to go dig up when he said it, but I do remember.

GoBigO
02-13-2009, 04:18 PM

Silly...Bruce is Jewish. :D

GoBigO
02-13-2009, 04:23 PM

Hehe, more than just volquest...

http://slog.cstv.com/hangtime/2007/10/coach_speak.html

Coach Speak
By Jeff Lippman - October 25, 2007

BIRMINGHAM, Ala. -- The topic that seemed to interest Vanderbilt coach Kevin Stallings the most at this SEC Media Days was the fact that swearing on the sidelines would no longer be tolerated by SEC officials, according to the statement made by supervisor of officials Boudreaux.

Stallings, apparently one who enjoys a good swear on the sidelines, said he understands the basis behind the new rulings, but says it will be difficult to change his ways, that's just how he talks.

Well, I'll let him tell you, he said it best.

"We're just out there trying to do our job, just like they are just out there trying to do their job," Stallings said of the officials. "As far as the swearing and cursing and things, I'm probably in trouble first of all."

See, I told you he has a penchant for the four-letter word.

"I can see in a situation where an official is running away from me and I say something like, 'Shoot!' Well, is the guy gonna turn around and T me up because he thinks I said something else?" the coach asked. "I truly am all for sportsmanship and I think the official has every right if they want to put a rule in that says if you direct some abusive language towards the official, to bust the guy up. But an official said to me one time, 'Coach, you swore at me.' I said, 'I swore? That's how I talk, it wasn't intended for you'."

So how did coach Stallings learn the art of the cursed word? Anyone who knows how former Purdue coach Gene Keady spoke on a basketball court would understand.

"I worked for Gene Keady, you know, come on," an exasperated Stallings said to laughter abound. "When he and coach Knight were coaching against each other, the officials didn't get all squirrly because they heard one of them drop out something that might have offended the four year old in the fourth row."

[b]Stallings is most concerned with officials misinterpreting his foul language as directed to them, or even more importantly, will they give him a technical foul just for swearing at his own players?

"I'm not for the coaches being able to rant and all that, but as a coach, you learn to speak a language that your team understands and they learn to understand the language that you speak," he said. "If I want to say something to a player, I ought to be able to say something to one of my players. My players don't seem to have a lot of problems with what I say."

Posted by Jeff Lippman at 11:32 AM on October 25, 2007

kentubbybasketball
02-13-2009, 04:30 PM
GoBigO, thanks for providing the link, because I couldn't remember where I read it. Maybe 420 will believe it now. I wasn't trying to offend Vandy fans by admitting what Stallings himself admits.

Rocky@theTop
02-13-2009, 04:34 PM
GoBigO, thanks for providing the link, because I couldn't remember where I read it. Maybe 420 will believe it now. I wasn't trying to offend Vandy fans by admitting what Stallings himself admits.

I'll go ahead and speak for Vandy420. IT's A COMPLETE LIE! Stalling and Vanderbilt represent all things good. He would never cuss and Vanderbilt would never stand for it.

govandy0620
02-13-2009, 04:50 PM
I missed the part in the article where it said CKS cusses more than any other coach in the article. Could you provide a link for that?

Look, no one is saying Stallings doesn't cuss. But when someone like KT (who hardly ever says anything good about Vandy) says Stallings cusses more than any other college basketball coach in the nation, it is natural to defend that ridiculous argument that has no basis whatsoever.

GoBigO
02-13-2009, 04:56 PM
I missed the part in the article where it said CKS cusses more than any other coach in the article. Could you provide a link for that?

Look, no one is saying Stallings doesn't cuss. But when someone like KT (who hardly ever says anything good about Vandy) says Stallings cusses more than any other college basketball coach in the nation, it is natural to defend that ridiculous argument that has no basis whatsoever.

I love how panties get into a wad when someone brings up him cussing.

Yall keep it up...in the meantime I'll be heading to Knoxville with my Cuss-o-meter. :rotf:

kentubbybasketball
02-13-2009, 05:28 PM

I'm sorry I hurt your feelings... I'm surprised your feelings aren't getting hurt over Stallings cussing out your players though.

orange&white
02-13-2009, 05:33 PM
Like I thought same ole rival fans talking sh*t, not backing anything up, just talking in circles trying to start crap and piss people off. It's really not a big deal. You couldn't provide any proof of your idiotic claims...typical. Have a good weekend guys.

You have never done that when talking about UT :rolleyes:.

bleedorange1983
02-14-2009, 10:05 AM
Ogilvy is over the flu, and his heel seems to be back to close to 100%, so that will definitly make a difference. But Chism has still had his way with ogilvy when they faced each other. We had trouble hitting open shots last time, and it cost us a chance to be in the game at the end. We seem to be shooting the ball better so hopefully we can at least hit our open shots. This should be a good game, and I'm sure TBA will be rocking.

One thing about Chism is he tends to get into fould trouble very early. If that happens I don't think Brian Williams can score with A.J. And that could pose problems for the Vols. A.J. could have a huge game if Vandy starts hitting 3's and UT has to honor their outside game.

But I think UT's bench does alot of scoring today and puts us over the top.

Rocky@theTop
02-14-2009, 04:36 PM
http://www.homedepot.ca/wcsstore/HomeDepotCanada/images/catalog/15460.ProfessionalHeavy-DutyCornBroom_4.jpg

I think the Stallings Cuss-o-meter got to about 7 today.

The 20 Vandy fans in attendance will be heading west with a not so fresh feeling.

govandy0620
02-14-2009, 04:55 PM
Funny you bring out the cuss o meter when it was your coach who got a T, not Stallings.

Other than that, good game UT. It was about the king of game I expected. It's tough to win at UT.

We are taking our lumps now, but I am really excited about our future. For most of the game, we had atleast 3-4 freshmen on the court at all times. Beal(Tinsley), Jenkins(Drake), Taylor(Goulbourne/Walker), Tchiengang(McClellan), and Ogilvy(Ezeli) all a year older gives me goose bumps.

OffThePorch
02-14-2009, 05:00 PM
Congrats UT!

ConwayGamecock
02-14-2009, 05:38 PM
meanwhile, a game was played today.....

afterwards, the Vandy fans all headed home.......cussing up a storm........

Tennessee
02-14-2009, 09:48 PM
Vols turne up the Defense today more than usual, but not facing a real good team, so hard to get real excited about it...Either way, a W is a W, and I'll take a sweep over an East opponent any year

That completed a 4-game stretch there of games we should have won...Got 3 of the 4, but that 1 loss to AU may come back to take a big ole chunk out of our rear end and may be the tooth that busts that tourney bubble

Next five games are rough...To OM on Wednesday, then to Rupp on Saturday...MSU comes to K-Town, then back on the road to Gainesville and Columbia...

We close the season with Bama coming to Knovxille

If we can find a way to go 4-2 in those games, we are a lock for the tourney, as that give us 20-wins with a high SOS and RPI...That's a tough stretch to go 4-2, however, with as inconsistent as we have been

govandy0620
02-15-2009, 11:13 AM
Vols turne up the Defense today more than usual, but not facing a real good team, so hard to get real excited about it...Either way, a W is a W, and I'll take a sweep over an East opponent any year

That completed a 4-game stretch there of games we should have won...Got 3 of the 4, but that 1 loss to AU may come back to take a big ole chunk out of our rear end and may be the tooth that busts that tourney bubble

Next five games are rough...To OM on Wednesday, then to Rupp on Saturday...MSU comes to K-Town, then back on the road to Gainesville and Columbia...

We close the season with Bama coming to Knovxille

If we can find a way to go 4-2 in those games, we are a lock for the tourney, as that give us 20-wins with a high SOS and RPI...That's a tough stretch to go 4-2, however, with as inconsistent as we have been

It's tough to win on the road in the SEC. I think UT goes 2-3 at best, I wouldn't be surprised if they go 1-4.

orange&white
02-15-2009, 12:03 PM
UT's going to be in the tourney unless they just completely fall apart. The have the #1 strength of schedule in the country and a top 20 rpi. Most current projections have them a 5 to 7 seed.

XPS
02-15-2009, 12:20 PM
UT's going to be in the tourney unless they just completely fall apart. The have the #1 strength of schedule in the country and a top 20 rpi. Most current projections have them a 5 to 7 seed.

Tenn needs 2 more wins....

Tennessee
02-15-2009, 12:20 PM

I agree, but looking ath our last 6 games, falling apart would not be that hard to do...Bama is the only game that looks like a sure win

MSU is at home, and they're a tough, tough team

SC, FL both playing for a shot at a bye week in the SECT as well as for a spot in the NCAAs and it's on their home floor

KY at Rupp, no need for any further explanation

Ole Miss, while they're not having a great year, is at their placek, and they just got through giving LSU all they could handle

2-4 is not out of the question during that stretch, which would put us at 18-12 (9-7)...while I THINK that would still get us in with our RPI and SOS, the fact that we would have gone 5-5 in our last 10, and the SEC is not looked favorable upon this year, we are smack dab on the bubble...That G'town win that we were banking on now does not look as good either, as they may not even make the tourney

I'm not as condfident as you LOL

orange&white
02-15-2009, 12:26 PM
I agree, but looking ath our last 6 games, falling apart would not be that hard to do...Bama is the only game that looks like a sure win

MSU is at home, and they're a tough, tough team

SC, FL both playing for a shot at a bye week in the SECT as well as for a spot in the NCAAs and it's on their home floor

KY at Rupp, no need for any further explanation

Ole Miss, while they're not having a great year, is at their placek, and they just got through giving LSU all they could handle

2-4 is not out of the question during that stretch, which would put us at 18-12 (9-7)...while I THINK that would still get us in with our RPI and SOS, the fact that we would have gone 5-5 in our last 10, and the SEC is not looked favorable upon this year, we are smack dab on the bubble...That G'town win that we were banking on now does not look as good either, as they may not even make the tourney

I'm not as condfident as you LOL

I'm basing it off of looking at the teams they have barely getting in right now. These teams they have barely getting in or out just don'y have impressive resumes at all. Granted a lot can happen between now and Selection Sunday.

GoBigO
02-16-2009, 09:13 AM
http://www.homedepot.ca/wcsstore/HomeDepotCanada/images/catalog/15460.ProfessionalHeavy-DutyCornBroom_4.jpg

I think the Stallings Cuss-o-meter got to about 7 today.

The 20 Vandy fans in attendance will be heading west with a not so fresh feeling.

Yeah, I think those 20 were behind the Vandy bench wearing their funeral black. :D

All in all it was a great atmosphere and TBA was rocking. 20,375 was the official attendance I believe. The halftime show was also cool with the All-Century team.

Rocky@theTop
02-16-2009, 09:38 AM
I really don't get Dane Bradshaw on the All Century team.

steelyvan
02-16-2009, 10:08 AM
Rocky, it is a great honor and if you are going to put a "team" together, you always need a glue guy. DB was a great glue guy. Worthy in my opinion.

Rocky@theTop
02-16-2009, 10:12 AM
Rocky, it is a great honor and if you are going to put a "team" together, you always need a glue guy. DB was a great glue guy. Worthy in my opinion.

Excellent point. I guess I'm just looking at the 'STARS'.

Herchel
02-16-2009, 11:10 AM

Wasn't there a sig that said UT, Final Four, book it?

orange&white
02-16-2009, 12:36 PM

Definitely not from me, I've never had a sig. Some UT fan had it in their sig, but I always thought it was injest.

kentubbybasketball
02-16-2009, 01:33 PM
I really don't get Dane Bradshaw on the All Century team.

I thought the same exact thing... yeah, he was a hard worker, but All Century? He probably wasn't even one of the 3 best players on any of his teams.

GoBigO
02-16-2009, 01:50 PM
I thought the same exact thing... yeah, he was a hard worker, but All Century? He probably wasn't even one of the 3 best players on any of his teams.

Yeah, I agree. I really liked Dane and his hard work on the court. If they considered him for this heart, then most definately. He's ALL VOL and gave 110% for Pearl.

bballpro408
02-16-2009, 01:52 PM

Our fanbase is just in love with the guy. Before Bruce, Dane was a dud. After Bruce, Dane was a hero. He did do a lot for us (the "little" things) but his numbers aren't even close to the other guys on the list.

kentubbybasketball
02-16-2009, 01:53 PM
That's true, and Pearl honored that by naming that award or naming something after him. But, to put somebody on the All-Century when tangible stats can't be used to provide support is crazy.

Now, with this said, as a fan of an opposing team, Bradshaw is a chief reason that we lost to UK his last two years. He did those little things, like key rebounds against guys with better hops and 5 more inches... so he does deserve some praise. But, it's one thing to see Bernard King's name on there and Allan Houston (who should've played at UK), then Bradshaw's.

Bradshaw strikes me as a guy that Pearl should bring on as an assistant if the opportunity provides itself.

bballpro408
02-16-2009, 01:56 PM
That's true, and Pearl honored that by naming that award or naming something after him. But, to put somebody on the All-Century when tangible stats can't be used to provide support is crazy.

Now, with this said, as a fan of an opposing team, Bradshaw is a chief reason that we lost to UK his last two years. He did those little things, like key rebounds against guys with better hops and 5 more inches... so he does deserve some praise. But, it's one thing to see Bernard King's name on there and Allan Houston (who should've played at UK), then Bradshaw's.

Bradshaw strikes me as a guy that Pearl should bring on as an assistant if the opportunity provides itself.

Dane just came back to the area because of a job opportunity. I forget what the job is, but I'm thinking it's not basketball-related. He only played one season in Europe and averaged like 25 points a game or something.

But I'm sure if Bruce offered him a position he would jump on board. It seems like a chance you don't pass up.

kentubbybasketball
02-16-2009, 01:58 PM
I think Bradshaw would relate to kids, he'd inspire them to play above their assumed ability. Plus, he understands the yeoman, bring your hard hat every day attitude.

I never got a chance to read his book, but I'm hoping I get a chance to buy it sometime. Has anybody read it?

Rocky@theTop
02-16-2009, 02:53 PM
I think Bradshaw would relate to kids, he'd inspire them to play above their assumed ability. Plus, he understands the yeoman, bring your hard hat every day attitude.

I never got a chance to read his book, but I'm hoping I get a chance to buy it sometime. Has anybody read it?

I have read it. Kind of written like a diary or blog. Itís definitely got some interesting parts.

kentubbybasketball
02-16-2009, 02:54 PM
Do you have the book? I'd like to know how to find it.

What's he say about Kentucky?

bleedorange1983
02-16-2009, 07:30 PM

Read it and weep. I haven't seen Mr. T in awhile.

bleedorange1983
02-16-2009, 07:32 PM
Our fanbase is just in love with the guy. Before Bruce, Dane was a dud. After Bruce, Dane was a hero. He did do a lot for us (the "little" things) but his numbers aren't even close to the other guys on the list.

Exactly right, he was insanely popular for his emotion on and off the court. Might not have been the most talented player, but definitely all-Vol.

Rocky@theTop
02-17-2009, 06:50 AM
No doubting Dane's heart.

Vandy420
02-17-2009, 08:19 AM
Good win UT. Definitly the better team in both games this year. We just couldn't answer. With Taylor in early foul trouble, it took away one of our biggest weapons.

Good game.

Only complaint I would have would be on the double technical. Steve T. didn't really do anything to deserve the T, Chism fell down and got up in Steve T's face talking smack. The ref seemed to T Steve up b/c he didn't back down???? He wasn't even saying anything to Chism, Chism was running his mouth. But oh well it didn't really matter either way. Good win Tennessee.

Rocky@theTop
02-17-2009, 08:57 AM
Good win UT. Definitly the better team in both games this year. We just couldn't answer. With Taylor in early foul trouble, it took away one of our biggest weapons.

Good game.

Only complaint I would have would be on the double technical. Steve T. didn't really do anything to deserve the T, Chism fell down and got up in Steve T's face talking smack. The ref seemed to T Steve up b/c he didn't back down???? He wasn't even saying anything to Chism, Chism was running his mouth. But oh well it didn't really matter either way. Good win Tennessee.

Actually neither one deserved a T. I've seen much more go uncalled. I think the refs were just sending a message.

Vandy420
02-17-2009, 09:16 AM
Yea I agree. Chism was borderline, since he jumped up in Steve T's face and was running his mouth, causing a brief confrontation. But really, like you said I have seen much worse. What I was wondering was why did Chism get up so quick and jump in Steve's face? His momentum carried him to the goround, it wasn't like Steve T threw him down or anything.

I heard the ref said they were cussing at each other...so maybe that is it, but yo never saw Stee T. mouth move and the TV was on him the whole time. Maybe it was before Chism went down....who knows. I guess it might have been the ref trying to send a message to keep it under control....like you said rocky...who knows.

VandyChuck
02-17-2009, 10:53 AM
It's official...I hate Chism.

LOVED Steve T's reaction though...

Beal played the worst game of his LIFE. I don't think he's ever had 5 TO's in back to back games combined, much less in 1 game. And 1-10 shooting including forcing up a shot when we had numbers on a break at one point?!!? I was glad he got benched to give Tinsley some time at the 1.

Enjoy it while you can, Vols...Smith is GONE next year and we get Jenkins (who had SIXTY last night...averaging around 42 a game...will be a rivals 5 star)

Rocky@theTop
02-17-2009, 11:17 AM

Beal played the worst game of his LIFE. I don't think he's ever had 5 TO's in back to back games combined, much less in 1 game. And 1-10 shooting including forcing up a shot when we had numbers on a break at one point?!!? I was glad he got benched to give Tinsley some time at the 1.

Enjoy it while you can, Vols...Smith is GONE next year and we get Jenkins (who had SIXTY last night...averaging around 42 a game...will be a rivals 5 star)

Yeah... you get Jenkins, but you've also got Stallings who's Pearl's B!tch! :raz:

Don't count Smith as gone.

VandyChuck
02-17-2009, 11:38 AM
I wouldn't trade Stallings for any coach in the country. Love the type of kid he recruits, love watching the intricacies of his offense, LOVE that he can get downright mean when he has too.

Rocky@theTop
02-17-2009, 11:41 AM
I wouldn't trade Stallings for any coach in the country. Love the type of kid he recruits, love watching the intricacies of his offense, LOVE that he can get downright mean when he has too.

Interesting choice of words.

Vandy420
02-17-2009, 11:51 AM
No way I trade Stallings for anyone. He is a perfect fit for Vandy. UT's decent record since Pearl arrived won't be around for long. I think Vandy is about to go on a run of a couple years that are going to be very good. But we will see. UT will always be tough.

VandyChuck
02-17-2009, 12:07 PM
No way I trade Stallings for anyone. He is a perfect fit for Vandy. UT's decent record since Pearl arrived won't be around for long. I think Vandy is about to go on a run of a couple years that are going to be very good. But we will see. UT will always be tough.

I wouldn't say Pearl's record won't be around for long. I think Pearl can keep them at a pretty high level.

It's just that if he were here, I just don't know if I could root for the kids he gets in there. They just don't carry themselves in a way that appeals to me, personally. And this isn't just a bias towards UT, cause I hate UK as much or worse than UT, but their kids seem a LOT more well-mannered on the court.

Vandy420
02-17-2009, 12:45 PM
I was talking Pearls record vs. Vandy. (As Rocky pointed out) I think Vandy is about to reach new heights in basketball. UT will still be good and have good records I just think his 6-2 mark vs. Vandy is about to get flipped in the next 2-3 years.

I also agree with everything you posted. Although I dislike UK more in basketball....or actually just about any sport at least their players are usually more classy and disciplined, while UT players tend to run their mouth, encourage confrontations, etc.

kentubbybasketball
02-17-2009, 01:52 PM

Where's Tyler Smith going? The NBA Draft? I just don't see him giving up a senior year at UT when he'd probably be a second round draft pick this year.

kentubbybasketball
02-17-2009, 01:53 PM

Just say he cusses people out. :raz:

I do appreciate the compliments you gave our players at UK. That's one thing I pride myself in. I feel like our fans are a bit egotistical (sp?), but our players usually represent the school right.

VandyChuck
02-17-2009, 02:27 PM
nbadraft.net has him late first round.

draftexpress.com has him as the first pick in the 2nd round

I think he's gone.

kentubbybasketball
02-17-2009, 02:31 PM
I just don't see him leaving. He seems to really like Tennessee, and I think he realizes he's kind of in between positions at UT, I'm not sure he shoots well enough to really fit in the NBA, and while that might not change much from now till next year should he come back, I think that's enough to keep him at UT.

Vandy420
02-17-2009, 02:35 PM
He almost left last year didn't he? I don't see him returning...he doesn't scream college student, he is NBA bound.

kentubbybasketball
02-17-2009, 02:38 PM
Yeah, he's NBA bound, but that doesn't mean it's this year. ALso, "almost leaving one year" means nothing about the next year, Keith Bogans is a perfect example of that, trying to leave as a sophomore and then staying all four.

Rocky@theTop
02-17-2009, 02:39 PM
He almost left last year didn't he? I don't see him returning...he doesn't scream college student, he is NBA bound.

If there isn't a underlying stereotype there, then I'm completely out of the loop.

Rocky@theTop
02-17-2009, 02:41 PM
I was talking Pearls record vs. Vandy. (As Rocky pointed out) I think Vandy is about to reach new heights in basketball. UT will still be good and have good records I just think his 6-2 mark vs. Vandy is about to get flipped in the next 2-3 years.

Do you really think Vandy is the only school recruiting players? Have you seen our 2010 class? Tennessee/Pearl is recruiting as good as anyone in the SEC and better than most.

Vandy420
02-17-2009, 02:46 PM
If there isn't a underlying stereotype there, then I'm completely out of the loop.

I know, and actually I have no problem with Tyler. He is a great player and doesn't show boat too much or anything, he lets his play do his talking. But he seems to be eager to get to the NBA. He almost left last year, but came back, I just think he will be gone this year. He is ready to get paid.

The stereotype is there, he just doesnt seem like a kid to pass up the NBA for another year in college. Whether I am right or wrong who knows, he just doesn't seem the type kid to come back for a SR year if he is a 1st or 2nd round draft pick.

Vandy420
02-17-2009, 02:47 PM
Do you really think Vandy is the only school recruiting players? Have you seen our 2010 class? Tennessee/Pearl is recruiting as good as anyone in the SEC and better than most.

Just saying the young talent at Vandy is better than at UT. IMO

With Jenkins coming in next year he is going to be the piece we are desperately missing.

Rocky@theTop
02-17-2009, 02:55 PM

With Jenkins coming in next year he is going to be the piece we are desperately missing.

That's exactly what we said about Hopson, but he's now only playing like the player we thought he would be.

Your young talent may be playing better and more minutes, but face it; you guys have only 1 All SEC performer. It's AJ and a bunch of youngsters. Vandy doesn't have a Chism, Smith, or Prince. <--Subtract 2 of the 3 and we're Vandy wearing Orange jerseys.

kentubbybasketball
02-17-2009, 02:57 PM

I actually agree here. You've got two top 30s in the 2010 class, and Pearl got an early start, because he knows he won't be able to recruit as actively this summer, since he's coaching some games with a team USA squad.

But, I think what 420 is alluding to (and he's actually got a point IMO) is that although Pearl's recruiting is nice and there's definitely a higher-touted group of guys coming in than what's usual for UT, the spike in Vandy's recruiting is that much more defined and obvious. But, I still think Vandy has to keep up this great recruiting that has started with the 2007 class with Ogilvy, lasted thru the 2008 class with 4 top 100s, and now with Jenkins coming in for 2009.

Casey Prather would be a nice get.

Rocky@theTop
02-17-2009, 03:01 PM
I actually agree here. You've got two top 30s in the 2010 class, and Pearl got an early start, because he knows he won't be able to recruit as actively this summer, since he's coaching some games with a team USA squad.

But, I think what 420 is alluding to (and he's actually got a point IMO) is that although Pearl's recruiting is nice and there's definitely a higher-touted group of guys coming in than what's usual for UT, the spike in Vandy's recruiting is that much more defined and obvious. But, I still think Vandy has to keep up this great recruiting that has started with the 2007 class with Ogilvy, lasted thru the 2008 class with 4 top 100s, and now with Jenkins coming in for 2009.

Casey Prather would be a nice get.

I am not discounting Vandy's recruiting, but I don't believe their classes are that much superior to proven upper recruiters in the SEC... i.e. Donovan, Gilispie, & Pearl.

kentubbybasketball
02-17-2009, 03:04 PM
Oh, I certainly agree with that assessment. I believe that Stallings has to keep it coming too. Sure, he's had 3 great years in recruiting, but does he keep it up, especially if there's a noticeable decline in results (say these guys that are freshman, don't really play up to their potential as sophomores?).

GoBigO
02-17-2009, 03:08 PM

I also agree with everything you posted. Although I dislike UK more in basketball....or actually just about any sport at least their players are usually more classy and disciplined, while UT players tend to run their mouth, encourage confrontations, etc.

There is 4 things you can always bank on...

1) Death
2) Taxes
3) Vandy 420 profiling all Tennessee players as thugs. :rolleyes:
4) Vandy 420 thinking Vanderbilt players are holier than thou. :rotf:

XPS
02-17-2009, 03:10 PM

I have heard GREAT things about the young man, He is already a legend before he ever plays a game for Vandy...

GoBigO
02-17-2009, 03:11 PM

Please, you know you're referring to 'Stereotype420' when it comes to generalizing UT to thugs/dumb/etc., etc.,...

kentubbybasketball
02-17-2009, 03:18 PM
I have heard GREAT things about the young man, He is already a legend before he ever plays a game for Vandy...

John Pelphrey had a great comment about that, seeing as how Rotnei Clarke was too. He says he came in with a bullseye on his back already, and I feel the same will be said for Jenkins, which will make him have a tough adjustment. If he makes that adjustment he will be more than fine, but that'll be interesting... but his scoring outbursts have been well-reported that's for sure.

Vandy420
02-17-2009, 03:29 PM
That's exactly what we said about Hopson, but he's now only playing like the player we thought he would be.

Your young talent may be playing better and more minutes, but face it; you guys have only 1 All SEC performer. It's AJ and a bunch of youngsters. Vandy doesn't have a Chism, Smith, or Prince. <--Subtract 2 of the 3 and we're Vandy wearing Orange jerseys.

Ogilvy and a bunch of youngsters? Ogilvy is a soph. so he is one of the youngsters. I agree though Hopson was highly touted and everyone talked about how he was a man amoung boys.

He is a goodm player but hasn't been the super star everyone predicted.

Our young players have been good but inconsistant. They have all showed flashes of what they could be. Especially Taylor and Ezelli.

We have a very good foundation for the future......which UT does as well though.

This year we have missed the outside shooter that can make defenses pay for missed assignments. We have created shots but don't have the consistant shooter that can make you pay.

Jenkins is being billed as that player. He loves the pressure and wants the ball so I hope that continues to the college level. And I hope we don't put too much pressure on him before he gets here. Thats my biggest concern.

Casey Prather would be a great addition to keep the momentum going in recruiting.

XPS
02-17-2009, 03:30 PM
John Pelphrey had a great comment about that, seeing as how Rotnei Clarke was too. He says he came in with a bullseye on his back already, and I feel the same will be said for Jenkins, which will make him have a tough adjustment. If he makes that adjustment he will be more than fine, but that'll be interesting... but his scoring outbursts have been well-reported that's for sure.

Most Vandy are hyping him up bigtime and he is putting up HUGE numbers, so we will see...

kentubbybasketball
02-17-2009, 03:30 PM
Our young players have been good but inconsistant.

YOu may not realize it, but you just agreed with what Rocky was basically saying.

Vandy420
02-17-2009, 03:31 PM
I am not discounting Vandy's recruiting, but I don't believe their classes are that much superior to proven upper recruiters in the SEC... i.e. Donovan, Gilispie, & Pearl.

And I don't think out classes have been rated higher than the big boys or anything. I just think the potential in the young Vandy players is bigger than alot of the younger players in the SEC right now, but then again I am definitly biased. How do you think Vandys youth compares to the rest of the SEC's youth?

Vandy420
02-17-2009, 03:32 PM
YOu may not realize it, but you just agreed with what Rocky was basically saying.

No I know I was agreeing with him. I am agreeing with both of you in these last posts.

kentubbybasketball
02-17-2009, 03:32 PM
Most Vandy are hyping him up bigtime and he is putting up HUGE numbers, so we will see...

It's rare to see freshmen just come in and post huge numbers... it's almost at the point that his hype is so big that if he doesn't get 15 ppg, he might be viewed as a failure IMO. So, he's got a bullseye on his back, and it's a required trait for most trying to handle that pressure as a freshman, especially if you're the guy that's supposed to keep defenses honest (by the way, Tinsley was sorta billed as that guy himself).

Vandy420
02-17-2009, 03:33 PM
Yea but not as the pure shooter Jenkins is.

kentubbybasketball
02-17-2009, 03:35 PM
And I don't think out classes have been rated higher than the big boys or anything. I just think the potential in the young Vandy players is bigger than alot of the younger players in the SEC right now, but then again I am definitly biased. How do you think Vandys youth compares to the rest of the SEC's youth?

Rarely do I compliment Vandy, especially on the day of a game, but I gotta say I actually like your freshman class. I think Tinsely might end up being more of a PG by the end of his career, and if a guy like Taylor could add a consistent jump shot to his arsenal he'd be a pretty complete player. Goulbourne is as athletic as they come... a five star athlete, and I think when he gets settled down and gets his chance as a starter, he won't be coming out of the lineup. I think Tchiengang (sp?) is a guy that very few of us have in the SEC... a big who maybe shoots too many threes, but he makes just enough to make you have to check him out there. Ezeli has a lot of potential, but I see most of that on the defensive end. I think his offense needs major development. I'm just not as sold on Hinkle though. I think he's a career reserve, but it's great to have that kind of experience to come off the bench (two years down the road).

These guys should be around for four years and it's such a high number of players to boot that it really does separate your class from maybe Kentucky's freshman class, which only has 3 guys in it, although they probably have higher ceilings (except for Williams).

XPS
02-17-2009, 03:36 PM
It's rare to see freshmen just come in and post huge numbers... it's almost at the point that his hype is so big that if he doesn't get 15 ppg, he might be viewed as a failure IMO. So, he's got a bullseye on his back, and it's a required trait for most trying to handle that pressure as a freshman, especially if you're the guy that's supposed to keep defenses honest (by the way,
Tinsley was sorta billed as that guy himself).

I think Taylor was more hyped than Tinsley, Taylor is averaging 12 and 6 not bad for a freshmen...

kentubbybasketball
02-17-2009, 03:37 PM
Yea but not as the pure shooter Jenkins is.

I might have to eat my lunch after tonight, but I felt like the hype has exceeded Tinsley's production when it comes to three point shooting.

Now, you've got a guy that's getting even more hype than that in Jenkins, although it does seem like it's well-deserved reading the press clippings.

VandyChuck
02-17-2009, 03:37 PM

First off, Jenkins is 6 foot 4 and taller than Clarke.

Second, he's scored the majority of his points off of alley-oop dunks and mid-range jumpers. He's not just your prototypical 3 point bomber like Lofton, Clarke, etc. He scored 60 last night with only 8 threes. He routinely drops mid forties-fifties with 4 or 5 threes.

Jerry Meyer was at his game last night and had this to say...

Very good chance he'll be a five-star. He's gotten stronger and a little more athletic. Would be shocked if there is a better high school shooter in the country. Jenkins will likely be the best shooter in college basketball next year. Still has some things to work on- always goes left and too many turnovers- but he has a specialty and enough strength and athleticism to make a lot of money over an extended period of time.

kentubbybasketball
02-17-2009, 03:39 PM
I think Taylor was more hyped than Tinsley, Taylor is averaging 12 and 6 not bad for a freshmen...

He was... Taylor was ranked in the 40-50 range, and Tinsley was closer to the 100s, but that's not what I'm talking about, XPS. What I'm talking about is, Tinsley came in billed as a fantastic shooter, but that's not fully materialized yet, Taylor certainly wasn't billed a elite shooter, and I think we've all seen why.

XPS
02-17-2009, 03:41 PM

Second, he's scored the majority of his points off of alley-oop dunks and mid-range jumpers. He's not just your prototypical 3 point bomber like Lofton, Clarke, etc. He scored 60 last night with only 8 threes. He routinely drops mid forties-fifties with 4 or 5 threes.

Wow Chuck, I know earlier in the year, you said he was more of a shooter than anything else. He definitely sounds great...

VandyChuck
02-17-2009, 03:41 PM
I might have to eat my lunch after tonight, but I felt like the hype has exceeded Tinsley's production when it comes to three point shooting.

Now, you've got a guy that's getting even more hype than that in Jenkins, although it does seem like it's well-deserved reading the press clippings.

I don't think Tinsley was ever regarded as some great three point bomber. Just a combo guard that can score. he has a nice stroke, but he's nowhere near YET some of the shooters we've had in the past.

Jenkins sounds likes mini-Meeks in the ways he scores (from three, mid range, finishing around the rim, and MONEY at the FT line)

VandyChuck
02-17-2009, 03:42 PM
Wow Chuck, I know earlier in the year, you said he was more of a shooter than anything else. He definitely sounds great...

Well, like Meyer said, shooting is definitely his deal...But he shouldn't just be labeled a spot up shooter...He scores in MANY different ways.

kentubbybasketball

Chuck, nobody was louder than I was about how it seemed like Rotnei Clarke may have some athletic limitations, so I don't need to be schooled on the differences in their games... but not many people are considered unstoppable players. So with Jenkins certainly coming in with a bullseye on his back, he might have some struggles. I'm not saying he is Rotnei Clarke, but I am saying both came in as marked men. That's true for any freshman with tout, whether he's 6'0 shooter, a 6'4 athlete, or a 6'9 aircraft carrier. It will likely be an adjustment for him for a number of reasons, one of which could be not being the main man (I assume that'll go to Ogilvy or Taylor next year).

XPS
He was... Taylor was ranked in the 40-50 range, and Tinsley was closer to the 100s, but that's not what I'm talking about, XPS. What I'm talking about is, Tinsley came in billed as a fantastic shooter, but that's not fully materialized yet, Taylor certainly wasn't billed a elite shooter, and I think we've all seen why.

I get it KT and I'm sure Jenkins will see much different defenses than he has seen thus far next year...

XPS
02-17-2009, 03:44 PM
Well, like Meyer said, shooting is definitely his deal...But he shouldn't just be labeled a spot up shooter...He scores in MANY different ways.

Chuck if only Jenkins signed with Duke or UNC, he would definitely be a 5 star player..

kentubbybasketball
02-17-2009, 03:45 PM
I don't think Tinsley was ever regarded as some great three point bomber. Just a combo guard that can score. he has a nice stroke, but he's nowhere near YET some of the shooters we've had in the past.

Jenkins sounds likes mini-Meeks in the ways he scores (from three, mid range, finishing around the rim, and MONEY at the FT line)

Maybe we're hearing from different people, but I remember reading (maybe at scout or foxsports) that Tinsley was in fact a great shooter. And, that's why I say he's been a bit disappointing... not terrible, not quite at the level I expected based on what i heard about his stroke, which you just admitted was said to be "nice."

Rocky@theTop
02-17-2009, 03:50 PM

Chuck <hearts> Bert Bertelkamp

orange&white
02-17-2009, 05:06 PM

I like T-Gang as much as you like Chism.

orange&white
02-17-2009, 05:18 PM
I wouldn't say Pearl's record won't be around for long. I think Pearl can keep them at a pretty high level.

It's just that if he were here, I just don't know if I could root for the kids he gets in there. They just don't carry themselves in a way that appeals to me, personally. And this isn't just a bias towards UT, cause I hate UK as much or worse than UT, but their kids seem a LOT more well-mannered on the court.

If you guys think Chism is a bad guy or carries himself wrong you couldn't be more wrong. Prince is the only player that should get on opposing fans nerves, well maybe Brian Williams but he never plays good enough to do anything. Nobody else really ever does anyhing to get opposing teams or fans upset. Maybe you guys are just sterotyping how they look? If you don't like Prince I understand, but no one else ever really does anything. Chism is one of the most likable kids UT has ever had unless you hate the way he wears his headban. Pearl has been quoted that Wayne is his favorite kid he has ever coached. I guess Vandy fans are upset with him yelling at the bench the first game and the questionable technical in this game. That's understandable, but Wayne isn't a thug or bad kid at all.

Vandy420
02-18-2009, 10:41 AM
He shouldn't be jumping up in other players faces, when all he did was fall down, he shouldn't be yelling at opposing teams benches, he shouldn't be yelling at his own coach disagreeing with him during the game like he was sat.

Chism is a punk, no doubt about it. He thinks it makes him mroe of a man to scream and yell at people. He was trying to intimidate Steve T. Saturday except you could see no one was impressed or intimidated. He just runs his mouth too much. Just as much as prince does. Both are punks that need to focus more on their play and the game instead of running their mouths and trying to draw attention to themselves.

GoBigO
02-18-2009, 10:52 AM
He shouldn't be jumping up in other players faces, when all he did was fall down, he shouldn't be yelling at opposing teams benches, he shouldn't be yelling at his own coach disagreeing with him during the game like he was sat.

Chism is a punk, no doubt about it. He thinks it makes him mroe of a man to scream and yell at people. He was trying to intimidate Steve T. Saturday except you could see no one was impressed or intimidated. He just runs his mouth too much. Just as much as prince does. Both are punks that need to focus more on their play and the game instead of running their mouths and trying to draw attention to themselves.

Oh Good Lord...

Chism and Prince is as close to being a punk as Stallings not needing Hair Club for Men...

Again, you're just typing to see if someting will stick and the only thing that is a bunch of crap.

He may yell and be animated but Chism (and Prince) are good student athletes that are very competitive and love to talk smack on the court. Are they confident and sometimes cocky? Yes but not punks. Again, get off your high horse about our "classless" and "punk" players. New material please.

VandyChuck
02-18-2009, 10:54 AM
Maybe we're hearing from different people, but I remember reading (maybe at scout or foxsports) that Tinsley was in fact a great shooter. And, that's why I say he's been a bit disappointing... not terrible, not quite at the level I expected based on what i heard about his stroke, which you just admitted was said to be "nice."

How is 10 ppg as a freshman disappointing???? Shan Foster averaged 9 as a freshman. Jodie Meeks averaged 8 as a freshman.

I'm not sure where you heard all this hype on Tinsley. Sure he was a great get for us and we were thrilled as can be, but I never said he'd come in and be some sort of Lofton or whatever. He has a NICE stroke...not great by any means, but is just an all around good basketball player who's tough as nails.

VandyChuck
02-18-2009, 10:55 AM
I like T-Gang as much as you like Chism.

Why? Because he sat there and stared at Chism without saying a word, while Wayne's World blathered on like a punk because his arm got swatted?

I'm sure Chism is a fine young man off the court...I really mean that. He just acts like an ass on the court.

GoBigO
02-18-2009, 10:59 AM
Why? Because he sat there and stared at Chism without saying a word, while Wayne's World blathered on like a punk because his arm got swatted?

I'm sure Chism is a fine young man off the court...I really mean that. He just acts like an ass on the court.

Who do you hate more...Chism or Ron Slay? :p

VandyChuck
02-18-2009, 11:03 AM
Who do you hate more...Chism or Ron Slay? :p

That's a really good question...All I can say is have you ever seen those two in the same room at the same time???

Somebody produce Chism's birth certificate...I want to see it.

GoBigO
02-18-2009, 11:11 AM
That's a really good question...All I can say is have you ever seen those two in the same room at the same time???

Somebody produce Chism's birth certificate...I want to see it.

Shhh...don't tell the NCAA. :D

Vandy420
02-18-2009, 11:50 AM
Sorry if we disagree on Chism and Prince. They are both punks that talk way too much. If they put half the energy they do into running their mouths, into their actual play they would be alot better than they are now.

You can talk BS all you want but everythime we play UT both Chism and Prince show their true colors and how much of a punk they both are. I could care less if you don't agree. I know what I see and you only see through orange glasses. I am not saying this b/c they play for UT, I am saying this b/c of the way they play vs. us at least.

Do you see any reason why Chism should jump into another players face and run their mouth too them resulting in a technical foul? Please tell me how that is not being a punk and running their mouth?

You even admitted he ran his mouth too much. Quir trying to defend them just b/c they play for UT. Look at it from an unbiased view and tell me they don;t act like punks on the court?

Off the court may be completely different. But on the court, or at least against Vandy they are complete douches. Play ball, don't run your mouth.

kentubbybasketball
02-18-2009, 11:55 AM
How is 10 ppg as a freshman disappointing???? Shan Foster averaged 9 as a freshman. Jodie Meeks averaged 8 as a freshman.

I'm not sure where you heard all this hype on Tinsley. Sure he was a great get for us and we were thrilled as can be, but I never said he'd come in and be some sort of Lofton or whatever. He has a NICE stroke...not great by any means, but is just an all around good basketball player who's tough as nails.

I admit he knocked down a couple of key threes early in the second half last night, but I don't think he's shot the three nearly as well as the hype suggested he would. Getting 10 ppg is a different topic altogether... it's not like he's getting 10 ppg, because he hitting 50% of his threes or anything.

As for Jodie BTW, Jodie as a freshman played with three juniors in Joe Crawford, Ramel Bradley, and Randolph Morris (all guys that are getting paid to play). Also, he got that 9 ppg as a reserve. Tinsley is a starter, a bigger part of your offense than Jodie was for us this year... we all know how great Jodie is BTW.

VandyChuck
02-18-2009, 12:28 PM
I admit he knocked down a couple of key threes early in the second half last night, but I don't think he's shot the three nearly as well as the hype suggested he would. Getting 10 ppg is a different topic altogether... it's not like he's getting 10 ppg, because he hitting 50% of his threes or anything.

As for Jodie BTW, Jodie as a freshman played with three juniors in Joe Crawford, Ramel Bradley, and Randolph Morris (all guys that are getting paid to play). Also, he got that 9 ppg as a reserve. Tinsley is a starter, a bigger part of your offense than Jodie was for us this year... we all know how great Jodie is BTW.

What about Shan? He started and only scored 9 ppg. Whatever happened to him?

I just don't know where you got all this Tinsley hype from. Certainly wasn't from me. I'm thrilled with 10 ppg.

Vandy420
02-18-2009, 12:59 PM
We were all excited that we got him over the others recruiting him, and another 4-star player to add to the class. But I never remember there being a bunch of hype about him. I think alot of vandy fans were excited to get him b/c of his style and energy, but don't ever remember hearing any big time hype for him.

VandyChuck
02-18-2009, 01:06 PM
Other than AJ, Ronnie McMahon, and Drew Maddux...I don't ever remember a freshmen coming in here and averaging double figures...and him and Taylor both are. He's well surpassed any hype that I gave to him.

edit: Freije did too,

orange&white
02-18-2009, 01:22 PM

It was really in jest. I know I've seen UT only in two incidents all year and they have both been against Vandy and TGang has been involved in both. The Chism incident he didn't do anything, but the first game he definitely instigated Tyler Smith. It was about 15 feet in front of me. That doesn't mean he is a "thug" or "punk". That stuff happens over a college basketball regular season.

Rocky@theTop
02-18-2009, 01:30 PM
It was really in jest. I know I've seen UT only in two incidents all year and they have both been against Vandy and TGang has been involved in both. The Chism incident he didn't do anything, but the first game he definitely instigated Tyler Smith. It was about 15 feet in front of me. That doesn't mean he is a "thug" or "punk". That stuff happens over a college basketball regular season.

Hmmm... what's the common denominator?:think:

VandyChuck
02-18-2009, 01:48 PM
Hmmm... what's the common denominator?:think:

I would love to hear Tcheingang talk trash with his french accent.

Rocky@theTop
02-18-2009, 03:22 PM
I would love to hear Tcheingang talk trash with his french accent.

Well... go to practice.

govandy0620
02-18-2009, 09:37 PM
LOL maybe some of you Tennessee fans should watch the replay. Tchiengang was playing basketball. Chism gets fouled, gets his panties in a wad, and then proceeds to get right in Tchiengang's face. Tchiengang just stands there and says nothing while Chism is going off on some tangent. It is quite hilarious actually. I was really happy with how Tchiengang acted in that situation. He didn't back down but yet he did nothing wrong to provoke Chism. Chism, on the other hand, acted foolish by getting mad about a foul. Maybe he doesn't like French people (we can all understand that).

orange&white
02-18-2009, 09:39 PM
LOL maybe some of you Tennessee fans should watch the replay. Tchiengang was playing basketball. Chism gets fouled, gets his panties in a wad, and then proceeds to get right in Tchiengang's face. Tchiengang just stands there and says nothing while Chism is going off on some tangent. It is quite hilarious actually. I was really happy with how Tchiengang acted in that situation. He didn't back down but yet he did nothing wrong to provoke Chism. Chism, on the other hand, acted foolish by getting mad about a foul. Maybe he doesn't like French people (we can all understand that).

If you go read the posts no one said TGang did anything in the Chism incident.

govandy0620
02-18-2009, 10:10 PM
If you go read the posts no one said TGang did anything in the Chism incident.

Thanks, I was just clearing it up for some people to let them know that it was all Chism, both times.

bleedorange1983
02-18-2009, 10:12 PM

It's called frozen with fear :raz:

Vandy420
02-19-2009, 08:38 AM
Steve T was afraid Chism's headband was going to accidentilly pop off and hit him.

bleedorange1983
02-19-2009, 06:40 PM
Steve T was afraid Chism's headband was going to accidentilly pop off and hit him.

No one wants any of Chism when the headband comes off