USC @ Bama [Archive] - SEC Sports Forum | SEC Basketball | SEC Football

PDA

View Full Version : USC @ Bama

UA37
02-12-2009, 09:07 AM
If Bama has any chance of having a decent season, it must begin Saturday. Three of our next four games are at home. There's still a chance that Bama can finish 8-8 and make it to the NIT. With our only seniors being Gee and Hollinger, we need all the extra basketball that we can get.

South Carolina is obviously better than Bama. They're hungrier and they have guys who can conisitently make shots. Still, We're 3-1 in the SEC at home and they are 1-3 in the SEC on the road. USC needs this game if they want a shot at the East title. With us having an interim coach, I'm sure the week off helped. Unfortunately USC had a week off too.

Personally, I need this win so i don't have to hear a bunch of trash talk in the office.

My prediction: USC 83-72 We just don't have an answer for Downey.

kentubbybasketball
02-12-2009, 01:47 PM
I'm not sure anybody has an answer for Downey but they have been beaten. I'm still not completely sure USC is completely for real quite frankly. Firing CMG I believe has just thrown Bama off as I prediction, so I don't see them getting enough to beat USC in this game.

scgamecock312
02-12-2009, 06:15 PM
I'm not sure anybody has an answer for Downey but they have been beaten. I'm still not completely sure USC is completely for real quite frankly. Firing CMG I believe has just thrown Bama off as I prediction, so I don't see them getting enough to beat USC in this game.

We will be seeing soon enough in Columbia.

kentubbybasketball
02-13-2009, 02:32 PM
Seeing what?

SECgamecock453
02-13-2009, 10:14 PM
I actually expect a pretty close game @ Bama, but I do expect us to win.

MKAU
02-13-2009, 11:01 PM
Carolina favored by only 2.

UA37
02-14-2009, 07:54 AM
Come on East teams. Get your Roll Tides in now! I now you're pulling for the good guys.

UA37
02-14-2009, 07:58 AM
Carolina favored by only 2.

That's tempting. I can't come up with any reasoning for Bama to win this game. Maybe if we get a very good defensive effort and Brock plays his absolute best. And of course, we need Green healthy.

SCfan804
02-14-2009, 08:45 AM
Time for my boys to show that they won't fall asleep at the wheel in a game we're supposed to win on the road. They pounded UGA pretty good, I'd love to see the same killer instinct today.

MKAU
02-14-2009, 09:43 AM
That's tempting. I can't come up with any reasoning for Bama to win this game. Maybe if we get a very good defensive effort and Brock plays his absolute best. And of course, we need Green healthy.Yeah it's a mystery to me too. I think we all agree the line should be a little bigger, but these Vegas folks usually know what they are talking about. Nevertheless, I've been pretty successful this season in the gambling relm and I've got money on Carolina in this one.

SECgamecock453
02-14-2009, 04:06 PM
I actually expect a pretty close game @ Bama, but I do expect us to win.

Gamecocks win 75-73. Wow, and the line was Carolina by 2 as well.

Dawg
02-14-2009, 04:32 PM
Crazy finish...crazy.

fodive
02-14-2009, 04:33 PM
Crazy finish...crazy.

What happened?

SECgamecock453
02-14-2009, 04:34 PM
What happened?

We tipped the ball in at the buzzer and it looked really close to offensive goal-tending. Oh well, another buzzer beater win! I'm just glad we avoid OT, I hate OT.

ConwayGamecock
02-14-2009, 04:42 PM
Great, tough game all the way around. Downey had another typical great game for him: game-leading 18 points, 6 steals, 5 assists, and 5 rebounds. Mike Holmes, who tipped in the buzzer-beating game winner, finished with 12 points and a game-high 10 rebounds. Dominique Archie had 15 points for the Gamecocks, and Brandis Raley-Ross came off the bench to score 13 points. Bama was a toss-up game for sure, and a great win to get behind us......

OffThePorch
02-14-2009, 05:01 PM
good game. Congrats USC!

SCfan804
02-14-2009, 05:29 PM
Man it's killing me that I can't get these games :(

Awesome win though! I saw we were down 10 at half and my first thought was "well we're probably done.." but then said "actually, maybe not with the Horn gets those guys fired up.." and sure enough. NCAAs or bust!!

scgamecock312
02-14-2009, 05:35 PM
This team just won't quit...just got to keep winning.

ConwayGamecock
02-14-2009, 05:41 PM
Man it's killing me that I can't get these games :(

Awesome win though! I saw we were down 10 at half and my first thought was "well we're probably done.." but then said "actually, maybe not with the Horn gets those guys fired up.." and sure enough. NCAAs or bust!!

You seriously need to learn your web browser's bookmarking feature:

http://www.channelsurfing.net/

the video stream is still there......you can still watch it.....

and we have been a great second-half team, this season....

:cheers:

thethird
02-14-2009, 11:00 PM
Everything is going wrong for Bama.

UA37
02-15-2009, 12:52 PM
I thought it was clearly offensive goal tending. It's a shame too b/c the refs reviewed to to see if the tip came in time or not and they had to have seen that they missed the call, but there wasnt anything they could do about it. Oh well, thats about par for the course for Bama basketball.

Congrats Gamecocks.

MSUado
02-15-2009, 01:26 PM
It clearly was goal tending. Unfortunate for Bama.

SECgamecock453
02-15-2009, 03:08 PM
I thought it was clearly offensive goal tending. It's a shame too b/c the refs reviewed to to see if the tip came in time or not and they had to have seen that they missed the call, but there wasnt anything they could do about it. Oh well, thats about par for the course for Bama basketball.

Congrats Gamecocks.

With some of the wins we have this year, that's just the way it's been for us as well. Check out these close wins:

@ Baylor 88-87 (when they were ranked)
Florida 70-69 (when they were ranked)
@ Kentucky 78-77 (when they were ranked)
@ Alabama 75-73 (crazy finish)

It's just the way this season has gone for us oddly enough. Usually in the past those are all the types of games we lose, and every game was a heart-breaker. Sure is nice to be on the other end for a change. We might even have some more close wins that I'm forgetting at the moment.

ConwayGamecock
02-15-2009, 04:41 PM
meh, there was a flagrant holding by a Bama player near mid-court after Downey stole the ball from him, where that player held on for about 3-4 steps that Downey took.....had DD not been held, he had a clear run to the basket with everyone else behind him...I don't think anyone would've been able to catch him and foul him, he would've been that clear. The officials didn't call the flagrant foul, just the regular kind, and no free throws were taken. There's 2 points right back the other way.....

gmecockrugby
02-15-2009, 05:04 PM
It was most likely a offensive goal tending.... I hate to win on such a controversial call but its hard for the refs to call that in that point in time with such a fraction of time.....I've def seen my team on the opposite end of that a few times so I empathize with the bama fans......I will say that "we'll take what we can get" bc we need it.

kentubbybasketball
02-16-2009, 01:47 PM
With some of the wins we have this year, that's just the way it's been for us as well. Check out these close wins:

@ Baylor 88-87 (when they were ranked)
Florida 70-69 (when they were ranked)
@ Kentucky 78-77 (when they were ranked)
@ Alabama 75-73 (crazy finish)

It's just the way this season has gone for us oddly enough. Usually in the past those are all the types of games we lose, and every game was a heart-breaker. Sure is nice to be on the other end for a change. We might even have some more close wins that I'm forgetting at the moment.

Exactly... I made the same point last week and people cried foul, but USC has had a bit of luck... now Horn has said good teams create luck or get in a position to be lucky, and that's true, but it's still good to be fortunate.

ConwayGamecock
02-16-2009, 04:39 PM
Exactly... I made the same point last week and people cried foul, but USC has had a bit of luck... now Horn has said good teams create luck or get in a position to be lucky, and that's true, but it's still good to be fortunate.

If the team does it time and time again, after a while the un-biased stop calling it luck and start calling it design.....but don't mind me.........

kentubbybasketball
02-16-2009, 04:43 PM
Kinda like Jodie scoring over or at 45 three times this year... but that's a fluke according to you. Keep talking out of both sides of your mouth. It's what you do best.

OffThePorch
02-16-2009, 04:56 PM
lmao...

ConwayGamecock
02-16-2009, 04:57 PM
Kinda like Jodie scoring over or at 45 three times this year... but that's a fluke according to you. Keep talking out of both sides of your mouth. It's what you do best.

But, isn't that exactly the same thing you're doing, only in inverse? I'm learning so much about you, kentubby..... :cheers: