Ranking SEC coaching jobs top to bottom [Archive] - SEC Sports Forum | SEC Basketball | SEC Football

PDA

View Full Version : Ranking SEC coaching jobs top to bottom

UA37
02-11-2009, 09:38 AM
You have two men's basketball coaching vacancies in the SEC at the moment. How do the openings at Alabama and Georgia stack up with the rest of the SEC?

To determine the order, you first determine the criteria.

"The number one thing I would be looking for is a school where there's a lot of interest in basketball in the community," said Joe Dean Jr., the SEC television analyst and Birmingham-Southern athletics director. "That's why Arkansas is always such a great job. They'll always fill the building to see their team play."

That's a good start. What next?

"I think you rank a job first, and it may sound crazy, by whether the school is the state university," said former Auburn coach Sonny Smith. "Secondly, can that school control the state in recruiting? And the third thing would be are you near a big media market where you can get a lot of publicity?

"Alabama, for example, is in a better position than Auburn because it's closer to Birmingham, which has the biggest newspaper and television stations in the state."

Mix in other key factors, including tradition, facilities and talent base, and you have the basis for ranking the best coaching jobs in the SEC.

1. Kentucky -- The king because of rabid fans, history and location. The premier job is also the hardest, however, because fan expectations often exceed reality.

2. Florida -- A relative newcomer, thanks to Billy Donovan's success, Florida has the best athletics program in the conference, but is a distant second in hoops.

3. Arkansas -- Fans routinely pack Walton Arena and they are reasonably patient. Kentucky fans think they invented basketball. Razorbacks think they perfected the sport.

4. LSU -- The last time LSU went to the Final Four, it boasted five starters from metro Baton Rouge. Quipped Sonny Smith: "You can take one tank of gas to recruit a team that can win the division."

5. Tennessee -- Bruce Pearl has re-energized the fan base. Instate talent has improved dramatically. But what really pushes Tennessee is the desire to rival Kentucky.

6. Alabama -- The Tide can match tradition with any program in the SEC, except Kentucky. Yes, it's a football school, but it has a solid base of basketball fans that want to reach the next level.

7. Georgia -- The league's most historic underachiever has proximity to more talent than any program in the league and access to the Atlanta market. But Georgia hoops fans have a rep for apathy.

8. Vanderbilt -- The Nashville location and a great following are plusses. Kevin Stallings has turned the rigid academic standards into a positive by recruiting overseas.

9. Mississippi State -- Solid history and access to talent outweigh the university's remote location.

10. South Carolina -- Potential, potential, potential. Yet playing in the shadow of the ACC is a burden.

11. Ole Miss -- Good fan support and close to Memphis, but long periods of inconsistency.

12. Auburn -- Pockets of great success and a new arena under construction. But do Auburn fans care enough?

http://blog.al.com/segrest/2009/02/ranking_sec_coaching_jobs_top.html

MKAU
02-11-2009, 09:48 AM
1. Florida (Kentucky is yesterday, Florida is today)
2. Arkansas
3. Kentucky
4. Tennessee
5. MSU
6. UGA (compared to Alabama this is a better job because there is more talent in Georgia to recruit, and not much difference in pressure to win)
7. South Carolina
8. Vandy
9. Alabama (he's kidding about "tradition", right? I like Doug Segrest, but several schools have Bama beat on that mark)
10. LSU
11. Auburn
12. Mississippi

UA37
02-11-2009, 10:36 AM
"Alabama basketball has a history of success. The Crimson Tide ranks second all-time in SEC Tournament titles, fourth in SEC conference titles, second in overall SEC regular-season wins, and third in overall victories. It has the fifth-largest arena in the league, and consistently puts players into the NBA."

Obviously we don't have the national titles that UF, Ark and UK have, but after those three we compare pretty favorably with everyone else. Wimp was the man in the 80's. Hopefully we can bring in someone like Mike A. or one of the other big names to get us back to winning like we were doing under Wimp.

orange&white
02-11-2009, 10:55 AM
Tennessee and Arkansas are better jobs than Florida in basketball. Both are tied for second behind Kentucky imo. This article explains why.

http://www.alligator.org/articles/2009/02/02/sports/sports_columns/090202_mike.txt

OffThePorch
02-11-2009, 11:04 AM
ARK last 2 Coaches - Pel & Heath.. someone needs to tell the ARK AD that ARK is a great job.

bleedorange1983
02-11-2009, 11:07 AM
Tennessee and Arkansas are better jobs than Florida in basketball. Both are tied for second behind Kentucky imo. This article explains why.

http://www.alligator.org/articles/2009/02/02/sports/sports_columns/090202_mike.txt

I kind of agree with you, but TBA has not been a consistently superior atmosphere in the SEC. It has only been like that for a couple of Buzz Peterson years and Pearl's tenure to this date. I think UF is a better job right now by miles.

orange&white
02-11-2009, 11:14 AM
I kind of agree with you, but TBA has not been a consistently superior atmosphere in the SEC. It has only been like that for a couple of Buzz Peterson years and Pearl's tenure to this date. I think UF is a better job right now by miles.

Florida still isn't selling out games with a 2 time national title winning coach and a averaged sized arena with a huge population down there. I just don't see where it's as good a job as Arkansas or Tennessee right now. In state talent doesn't mean that much if anything in basketball, but Tennessee's high school basketball is really, really good as is Florida's. So I will go with the program with the better facilities, nicer arena, and currently has better fan support.

bleedorange1983
02-11-2009, 11:18 AM
Florida still isn't selling out games with a 2 time national title winning coach and a averaged sized arena with a huge population down there. I just don't see where it's as good a job as Arkansas or Tennessee right now. In state talent doesn't mean that much if anything in basketball, but Tennessee's high school basketball is really, really good as is Florida's. So I will go with the program with the better facilities, nicer arena, and currently has better fan support.

Good points. :cheers:

UA37
02-11-2009, 11:20 AM

You can get talent from anywhere to Florida. The state of Florida also produces tons of talent. They have a huge built in recruiting edge.

orange&white
02-11-2009, 11:45 AM
You can get talent from anywhere to Florida. The state of Florida also produces tons of talent. They have a huge built in recruiting edge.

Tennessee is consistently a Top 15 and sometimes a Top 10 state in basketball. Talent everywhere. Either way like I said earlier in state talent is not important in basketball. You only have 12 players. Tennessee can pull kids out of Washington DC, Detroit, and Atlanta or Nashville, Memphis, or Chattanooga. Doesn't matter either way. Plus it is all about coaches relationships with AAU coaches. That is why Tennessee goes and gets a kid from the great Dematha high school and Maryland can't get anyone from the DC area right now. That is why who knows when the University of Georgia has pulled a Top 25 player from Atlanta or Georgia period when Georgia is the best state for basketball in the SEC.

kentubbybasketball
02-11-2009, 11:47 AM
I'm not sure if we can put UT in the top 5 at this point. I mean, right now, it's a great job, but how long will this great run last? We've seen other programs win similarly and then fall off, and I'm not sure if a great 4 year run is enough to say they are a top one-third job in the SEC.

Use UGA for instance, Tubby was outstanding in two years there. But, now, some 12 years later that has no bearing on that job IMO. I could see the same thing with Pearl and UT, if he leaves and the right person isn't hired... he's certainly leaving it better than it was when he came though, which is the mark of a productive coach.

I'd take Kentucky, Florida, and Kentucky first off. Then, quite frankly, I like Bama and LSU (if they improved their facilities), and UT all evenly.

kentubbybasketball
02-11-2009, 11:51 AM
And, maybe Vandy's up there, too. I saw that Stallings is making $1.3 million... after the initial shock (SHEER SHOCK), I realized that's not that bad of a job. Afterall, if you can get $1.3 million and have the only program in the league that hasn't won the SEC title, and SEC divisional title, or been in the SEC championship game in the last 11 years you've got it made.... flat made.

VandyChuck
02-11-2009, 11:55 AM
And, maybe Vandy's up there, too. I saw that Stallings is making $1.3 million... after the initial shock (SHEER SHOCK), I realized that's not that bad of a job. Afterall, if you can get $1.3 million and have the only program in the league that hasn't won the SEC title, and SEC divisional title, or been in the SEC championship game in the last 11 years you've got it made.... flat made.

Was that really necessary? You're so schizo. You'd been cool the last couple of days. There's a lot of SEC teams that would kill to have played in 7 NCAA tournament games over the last 5 years.

kentubbybasketball
02-11-2009, 11:57 AM
Chuck, I wasn't been completely serious with that post... I have been trying to be better around here. It was a bit of a joke, but quite frankly, nothing that I said is really false or inaccurate... that's why it stings a bit, and you know it. Calm down... you've been cool too lately... let's keep it that way.

OffThePorch
02-11-2009, 12:01 PM
Was that really necessary? You're so schizo. You'd been cool the last couple of days. There's a lot of SEC teams that would kill to have played in 7 NCAA tournament games over the last 5 years.

she cant help it.

VandyChuck
02-11-2009, 12:11 PM
Personally, I think the hardest job in the conference is Vanderbilt. We may have great fan support and facilities, but the pool of talent that we can recruit is so much smaller than everybody else. Not to mention, we can't dip into the JuCo ranks...

GDawg88
02-11-2009, 12:17 PM
Personally, I think the hardest job in the conference is Vanderbilt. We may have great fan support and facilities, but the pool of talent that we can recruit is so much smaller than everybody else. Not to mention, we can't dip into the JuCo ranks...
Agreed, Vandy's academic standards put them at a disadvantage compared to the other SEC schools. It's a credit to the coaches they've had that they've been one of the SEC's better programs historically.

bleedorange1983
02-11-2009, 12:20 PM
Bobby Knight seemed to think UGA was the place to coach in the SEC.

MSU124
02-11-2009, 12:25 PM
State has much more tradition recently then Bama does. State has won the west more then any other school in the west.

kentubbybasketball
02-11-2009, 01:03 PM

Believe you me, all of us that have had JUCOs, know that they don't always help you out. BTW, didn't Ezeli used to go to a "community college" or "junior college.":raz:

I think Kentucky is a very hard job... very hard. UK does give you the resources to succeed, but almost nothing is good enough... it's the only job in college basketball that has 24,000 assistant coaches every single home game. I might not go so far as to say it's the hardest, but it's one of them in the league IMO.

I think all of you guys underestimate the pressure that comes with coaching Kentucky. That's why people usually only last 6-10 years here, even the really good ones. Granted, it might be "harder" to win at Vandy, but I think the level of expectations really balance that out, especially when you factor in the increased pressure that makes this job "harder."

VandyChuck
02-11-2009, 02:48 PM
Believe you me, all of us that have had JUCOs, know that they don't always help you out. BTW, didn't Ezeli used to go to a "community college" or "junior college.":raz:

."

No, he was in high school the year before he came to Vanderbilt.

GR8NESS
02-11-2009, 03:00 PM
1. Kentucky

2. Florida
3. Arkansas

4. LSU
5. Tennessee
6. Alabama

7. Vandy
8. Miss. State
9. South Carolina
10. Ole Miss
11. Georgia

12. Auburn

kentubbybasketball
02-11-2009, 03:03 PM
No, he was in high school the year before he came to Vanderbilt.

He still went to a JuCo or community college though.

GDawg88
02-11-2009, 03:03 PM
1. Kentucky

2. Florida
3. Arkansas

4. LSU
5. Tennessee
6. Alabama

7. Vandy
8. Miss. State
9. South Carolina
10. Ole Miss
11. Georgia

12. Auburn
Please explain why you rate South Carolina and Ole Miss as better jobs than Georgia.

inb4 UGA is 0-8 in the SEC this year. It's about more than just one year, and while UGA has hardly been a powerhouse, neither have those other schools.

kentubbybasketball
02-11-2009, 03:12 PM
I think you can easily justify South Carolina, GD88. With the Colonial Center opening in 2002 (?), they're facilities are second to none. UGA does have a great recruiting base though in Atlanta, Norcross, etc. And, if the right coach comes and keeps the guys home, it'll work out. In football, Fulmer was tearing up GA in recruiting, until Richt came over and stole one of Fulmer's chief recruiters, which helped UGA keep the players home. But, UGA needs someone that can keep the talent home, and until that's done in a consistent basis, I just don't see how anybody will do much better than Felton, because he understood the Xs and Os very well.

I know you've got the $30M practice facility now, but those are almost becoming a dime a dozen.

GDawg88
02-11-2009, 03:50 PM
But, UGA needs someone that can keep the talent home, and until that's done in a consistent basis, I just don't see how anybody will do much better than Felton, because he understood the Xs and Os very well.

I'm curious why you say that about Felton. We consistently were at the bottom of the league in shooting and turnovers in Felton's tenure. Often we had no discernable offense set at all.

orange&white
02-11-2009, 04:04 PM
I'm not sure if we can put UT in the top 5 at this point. I mean, right now, it's a great job, but how long will this great run last? We've seen other programs win similarly and then fall off, and I'm not sure if a great 4 year run is enough to say they are a top one-third job in the SEC.

Use UGA for instance, Tubby was outstanding in two years there. But, now, some 12 years later that has no bearing on that job IMO. I could see the same thing with Pearl and UT, if he leaves and the right person isn't hired... he's certainly leaving it better than it was when he came though, which is the mark of a productive coach.

I'd take Kentucky, Florida, and Kentucky first off. Then, quite frankly, I like Bama and LSU (if they improved their facilities), and UT all evenly.

I'm not basing it on the last Tennessee being good recently or I would have Florida ahead of Kentucky. I think Kentucky, Arkansas, and Tennessee are all better places to currently coach basketball then Florida based off arena, facilities, and fan support. This article pretty much says it all.

Thompson-Boling provides superior basketball atmosphere

By MIKE McCALL (mmccall@alligator.org), McCall-in' It Like I See It

KNOXVILLE, Tenn. – Keep your fingers crossed that Billy Donovan doesn't leave Gainesville anytime soon.

Because when he does, I can’t see why any talented recruit would rather play for the UF basketball team than Tennessee.

This weekend was my first trip to Rocky Top for a basketball game, and I couldn’t have been more impressed by the atmosphere in Thompson-Boling Arena.

A crowd of just less than 21,000 watched the Volunteers whoop up on the Gators 79-63, and though UF has the advantage in terms of trophies lately, Tennessee’s program is built on a much stronger foundation.

For starters, Thompson-Boling makes the O’Connell Center look like garbage. Thompson-Boling holds nearly 10,000 more fans, and it just feels like a big-time gym. There are three levels of luxury suites on one side, and a giant scoreboard hangs down over center court with four video boards and four statscreens.

Sure, those are just creature comforts, but they make Thompson-Boling a premier place for basketball.

Second, Tennessee fans are just better than the ones I see at the O’Dome. Granted, I caught them on a good night — ESPN’s College GameDay was in attendance — but the Volunteers’ faithful blow Gators’ supporters out of the water.

The most noticeable difference between the two crowds is the connection the players and fans share at Tennessee. The Volunteers play a totally different style from the Gators, and a lot of it comes from the energy in the arena.

Tennessee players took the court on Saturday by jogging through the student section, and the students repaid the love with an explosion of sound for the opening minutes, when the Volunteers jumped out to a quick lead.

“I promise you the environment had a lot to do with us getting off to a pretty good start,” Tennessee coach Bruce Pearl said.

When J.P. Prince threw down a dunk to make the score 11-3, he stood on the baseline and offered an overdone salute to the crowd, and the Volunteers were celebrating and dancing all over the court after their early buckets.

That kind of swagger has been missing from Gainesville since the '04s left, but that doesn’t just come from players. Even when Tennessee doesn’t have a great team — this year included — its fans can lift it up.

That doesn’t happen at UF, where the closest things fans can come up with to being original are a lame “Fantastic” cheer (one of the dumbest things I’ve heard at a sporting event) and a guy pretending a piece of string is an instrument.

Volunteers fans are even superior during opposing free throws. They do it right, not by screaming and shaking pom-poms, but by waving their arms in unison to one side, and then swinging their arms to the other side as the player releases his shot.

That’s how it’s supposed to be done. It actually makes a difference, and it’s another reason why Tennessee hoops games are a main course of their own, not just an appetizer before spring football starts up.

Maybe hearing that the basketball experience is better and more fun at Tennessee will make you mad. That’s fine, but it’s true, and it’s unlikely to change anytime soon.

The best part is, you don’t have to do anything about it. Donovan will find a way to keep the Gators relevant, and when they’re lagging, you can always count on Urban Meyer.

kentubbybasketball
02-11-2009, 04:06 PM
I'm not sure how much your team turns the ball over has to do with your Xs and Os ability. Kentucky has turned the ball over a lot the last few seasons, and Tubby and Gillispie both are outstanding tactically... outstanding.

I saw Felton beat plenty of coaches in the SEC that he had no business beating with his talent (including my beloved Tubby), but all I can chalk those wins up to is his coaching... it certainly isn't that Steve Newman was more talented than Chuck Hayes and Erik Daniels. Also, winning the SECT with all the adversity (with the weather, the 3 games in 2 days)...that's coaching.

Felton is gonna land at some midmajor, and he's gonna remind everybody how great of a coach he is... and probably make some UGA fans scratch their heads.

kentubbybasketball
02-11-2009, 04:11 PM
I'm not basing it on the last Tennessee being good recently or I would have Florida ahead of Kentucky. I think Kentucky, Arkansas, and Tennessee are all better places to currently coach basketball then Florida based off arena, facilities, and fan support. This article pretty much says it all.

That just seems contradictory to me. Of course you're basing it somewhat off of the great recent few years for UT... otherwise TBA was like a funeral just more than 4 years ago, while Buzz's program was futile.

Being good (on the court) makes your arena tough... maybe I'm spoiled by the national rivalry that we have with Florida, but I've wished plenty of times that they had fewer Rowdy Reptiles when we're playing down there. I think fan support, while it could be better for an elite program, is very good at Florida... very good. There's too much of a divide there for football and basketball though.

Afterall, now that UT has had what 2 losing seasons in the last 4 or 5 years in football, of course some of the UT fans are trying to find a UT fix from something... Pearl came at the perfect time. The divide that UF has between the sports isn't what nearly as gaping as UT's.

Hogger
02-11-2009, 04:16 PM
ARK last 2 Coaches - Pel & Heath.. someone needs to tell the ARK AD that ARK is a great job.

Our last AD, while an Arkansas legend, was from the old school. I think he probably balked at paying top dollar for a coach. So, he would go after mostly up-and-comers. Sometimes it panned out (Nolan/Eddie Sutton). Sometimes it didn't (Heath/hopefully not Pel).

Judging by our football hire our new AD is more apt to pay top $$$ for a coach. If Pel doesn't make it (still a long ways from that; he's been here for a year and a half), I would think we would go after a more proven coach.

boxvic
02-11-2009, 04:26 PM
1. Kentucky
2. Florida
3. Tennessee
4. Arkansas
5. LSU
6. Alabama
7. Vandy
8. Georgia
9. Miss. State
10. South Carolina
11. Ole Miss
12. Auburn

Florida, Tennessee, Arkansas, and LSU are tough because the two West teams have great tradition, but the two East teams have more recent success. It is just hard to figure out how to rank them because honestly it wouldn't be surprising to see either of them in the Final Four (well, not this year I guess, it would be surprising to see any SEC team in the Final Four this year).

kentubbybasketball
02-11-2009, 04:28 PM
Our last AD, while an Arkansas legend, was from the old school. I think he probably balked at paying top dollar for a coach. So, he would go after mostly up-and-comers. Sometimes it panned out (Nolan/Eddie Sutton). Sometimes it didn't (Heath/hopefully not Pel).

Judging by our football hire our new AD is more apt to pay top $$$ for a coach. If Pel doesn't make it (still a long ways from that; he's been here for a year and a half), I would think we would go after a more proven coach.

Difference in Arkansas and much of the rest of the SEC, you could actually land that proven coach, even if Calipari, Gillispie, and Self turned you down this past cycle.

SkyAntoine
02-11-2009, 04:54 PM
This could be looked at so many different ways: prestige, facilities, favorable conditions, etc. Florida fans would argue Donovan stayed at the best job in the SEC. I say he didn't want the pressure of being at Kentucky when he could play second fiddle to Urban and still have a top program in the Conference. Tomato...tomata.

1. Kentucky
2. Florida
3. Arkansas
4. Tennessee
5. Alabama
6. LSU
7. Miss. State
8. Vandy
9. Georgia
10. South Carolina
11. Ole Miss
12. Auburn

orange&white
02-11-2009, 05:17 PM
That just seems contradictory to me. Of course you're basing it somewhat off of the great recent few years for UT... otherwise TBA was like a funeral just more than 4 years ago, while Buzz's program was futile.

Being good (on the court) makes your arena tough... maybe I'm spoiled by the national rivalry that we have with Florida, but I've wished plenty of times that they had fewer Rowdy Reptiles when we're playing down there. I think fan support, while it could be better for an elite program, is very good at Florida... very good. There's too much of a divide there for football and basketball though.

Afterall, now that UT has had what 2 losing seasons in the last 4 or 5 years in football, of course some of the UT fans are trying to find a UT fix from something... Pearl came at the perfect time. The divide that UF has between the sports isn't what nearly as gaping as UT's.

I just don't believe that has a huge impact on fan support. Even in Buzz's years UT could have sold out the O'Dome which they still struggle to do right now.

LSUTigers1404
02-11-2009, 05:29 PM
1. Florida (Kentucky is yesterday, Florida is today)
2. Arkansas
3. Kentucky
4. Tennessee
5. MSU
6. UGA (compared to Alabama this is a better job because there is more talent in Georgia to recruit, and not much difference in pressure to win)
7. South Carolina
8. Vandy
9. Alabama (he's kidding about "tradition", right? I like Doug Segrest, but several schools have Bama beat on that mark)
10. LSU
11. Auburn
12. Mississippi

This is the most wacked out list I have ever seen. You obviously dont understand what goes into making a job a "good job." Either that or you haven't been paying any kind of attention to college basketball in your life.

OffThePorch
02-11-2009, 05:37 PM

good answer. what i said certainly wasnt a slam at ARK. imo should be able to get a big name Coach based on history & facilities & fanbase. good luck!

GatorMan32
02-11-2009, 07:04 PM
We actually do sell out all of our games. That said fans dont travel well to mid week games and waste tickets but they are trying to remedy that.

In terms of the job, they ranked it right. I think they nailed the list, except Vandy should be higher. OK MSU too.

orange&white
02-11-2009, 09:24 PM
We actually do sell out all of our games. That said fans dont travel well to mid week games and waste tickets but they are trying to remedy that.

In terms of the job, they ranked it right. I think they nailed the list, except Vandy should be higher. OK MSU too.

I guess I've heard wrong, but I was under the impression Florida struggled to sell out a lot of the non Kentucky games. Either way I think Tennessee and Arkansas are better jobs currently, just like I think Florida and Texas are the two best jobs in football.

GR8NESS
02-11-2009, 09:41 PM
Please explain why you rate South Carolina and Ole Miss as better jobs than Georgia.

inb4 UGA is 0-8 in the SEC this year. It's about more than just one year, and while UGA has hardly been a powerhouse, neither have those other schools.

The Colonial Center and $$$$/dedication to the program seems higher at SC. As to OM, I really don't know why. I just didn't want to listen to REbel.

GatorMan32
02-11-2009, 10:54 PM
I guess I've heard wrong, but I was under the impression Florida struggled to sell out a lot of the non Kentucky games. Either way I think Tennessee and Arkansas are better jobs currently, just like I think Florida and Texas are the two best jobs in football.

SoCal has it pretty easy in football.

It depends on what you score on I guess.

I think you've read on boards that we have trouble selling out games and its something some UK fans on various boards love to say. The problem we have is the people with tickets dont drive in from around the state for a Wednesday game like they do for UK or something. But the population of Lexington and Knoxville helps on a Wednesday. You don't have to worry about getting home at 2 AM and being up for work the next day if you live in town.

VandyChuck
02-12-2009, 10:41 AM
He still went to a JuCo or community college though.

He's 18 years old. Florida and OSU wanted to send him to prep school for a year, but he came to Vanderbilt and just redshirted. He DID go to a community college, but it's different circumstances since he graduated high school at 14. He needed SOMETHING to do until college.

kentubbybasketball
02-12-2009, 01:21 PM

I just don't believe that has a huge impact on fan support. Even in Buzz's years UT could have sold out the O'Dome which they still struggle to do right now.

I think that's a loaded comment though. Florida residents have more "entertainment possibilities" quite frankly, so it's not much of a shock to me if that's really true. At the end of the day, UF clearly doesn't need fan support to excel, some programs are the exact opposites... credit Florida.

kentubbybasketball
02-12-2009, 01:25 PM
He's 18 years old. Florida and OSU wanted to send him to prep school for a year, but he came to Vanderbilt and just redshirted. He DID go to a community college, but it's different circumstances since he graduated high school at 14. He needed SOMETHING to do until college.

Chuck, I realize that... it was meant to be taken as a joke (that's why I added the smiley on the post) since you said Vandy can't get players from junior colleges... you've technically got one.:raz: