Walter Hodge is the scum of the Earth [Archive] - SEC Sports Forum | SEC Basketball | SEC Football

PDA

View Full Version : Walter Hodge is the scum of the Earth

Dawg
02-10-2009, 10:21 PM
(1) If there is a guy on the ground, LOOK DOWN

(2) Don't BS me and act as if he didn't know he was down there.

That's the absolute most disgusting thing I've ever seen from an SEC team. He should be released from the team. Absolutely unacceptable. I'm horrified.

I've lost a LOT of respect for Billy Donovan. Absolutely disgusting.

Djshockley3
02-10-2009, 10:24 PM
He is dirty player, complete douche. He tried to play it off like he did not mean to do it. What a piece of garbage.

orange&white
02-10-2009, 10:32 PM
Big time overreaction and what Hodge does isn't necessarily a reflection of Donovan. Somtimes players do dumb things..............doesn't mean its the coaches fault.

MSU124
02-10-2009, 10:35 PM
Not as worse as when the player got their face stepped on.

GatorMan32
02-10-2009, 10:36 PM
I've had issues with things Hodge does at times. That was a ******** move cause I don't buy that he was that oblivious.

That said, how do you put this on Donovan? Would love to hear that one.

OffThePorch
02-10-2009, 10:36 PM
scum of the earth is a little much.
some polock got beheaded by the taliban.

sabanocchio
02-10-2009, 10:38 PM
I can't believe the reaction to this here. I would love to be on the same side and say that it was a crap move, but I saw the entire thing and I don't buy for a minute that Hodge did that on purpose. The right call was made according to the rules, but what Hodge did was an accident.

MSU124
02-10-2009, 10:38 PM
http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/basketball/blog/the_dagger/post/Please-note-that-Chase-Budinger-s-face-is-not-a-?urn=ncaab,136602

^^^scum of the earth

SkyAntoine
02-10-2009, 11:02 PM
My girls won't stop crying. They keep screaming for me to make the scary man that steps on arms to get out of their head. Darn you, Walter Hodge!

gatormaniac
02-10-2009, 11:04 PM
My girls won't stop cring. They keep screaming for me to make the scary man that steps on arms to get out of their head. Darn you, Walter Hodge!

Shoot, I'm sure Hodge didn't mean to upset your girls.

bleedorange1983
02-10-2009, 11:05 PM
My girls won't stop crying. They keep screaming for me to make the scary man that steps on arms to get out of their head. Darn you, Walter Hodge!

Lol, I'm with Sky. That was no big deal what Hodge did, hell, the fans at Rupp didn't even know why he got thrown out.

gatorchomp91
02-10-2009, 11:41 PM
LOL, please try to explain to me how this is Donovan's fault.

XPS
02-10-2009, 11:51 PM
Hard not to see a 6ft9 player on the floor, bone head move by Hodge regardless of his intentions...

GR8NESS
02-10-2009, 11:55 PM
Walter... Jodie meeks sends his regards. Too bad you had to watch it on tv.

Dawg
02-11-2009, 01:12 AM
Any action a PLAYER takes reflects on the COACH, regardless. Stansbury's kids know better than to pull a move like that.

orange&white
02-11-2009, 01:20 AM
Any action a PLAYER takes reflects on the COACH, regardless. Stansbury's kids know better than to pull a move like that.

Bad post.

REBEL5 AC
02-11-2009, 01:24 AM
Negative awesome points.

msudawg4life
02-11-2009, 01:33 AM
dumb move on Hodges part...not only does it reflect poorly on him, but it was seen all over the country....I am sure Billy D will do what he needs to do.....

Gatorbabe
02-11-2009, 08:33 AM
How the hell can you blame Billy Donovan? That is dumb.

I know I'm extremely biased when it comes to this but I don't even think what he did was intentional. Watching the replay (the same one the refs saw), he was looking at Parsons the entire time. Yes, I did see him look down towards the floor before that but I honestly don't think he intended to step on whoever the guy was on the floor. He immediately apologized too. Stupid call.

swampmonster
02-11-2009, 08:36 AM
Regardless of intention, the refs did to Hodge what they needed to.

He made either a dirty play, or a bonehead play. It happens.

"Scum of the earth" ????

That said, I'm sure DAWG has never made a mistake of this magnitude in his life.

DAWG did you forget about the time you bit the kid in preschool?

It's funny to me, how people that have done much worse things in life, like to get on the high horse, because some player lost his head in the fierce arena of sports.

Must have never played the game, and doesn't have a clue.

This was all out war, on the court, Hodge lost his head, it happens to the best of us.

I'm sure you never got mad and did something you regret DAWG, right?????

Gatorbabe
02-11-2009, 08:39 AM
He is dirty player, complete douche. He tried to play it off like he did not mean to do it. What a piece of garbage.

Well hopefully that "complete douche" will take part in kicking UGA's ass on Saturday. :)

SkyAntoine
02-11-2009, 08:42 AM
I find it highly questionable that he happened to step on the skinniest arm on the team. I really think he was trying to amputate his arm by the stepping and twisting action.

Vandy420
02-11-2009, 08:53 AM
Yea it was a b*tch movem but scum of the earth? And how do you blame donovan? Your over reacting quit a bit there.

swampmonster
02-11-2009, 09:38 AM
Well hopefully that "complete douche" will take part in kicking UGA's ass on Saturday.

Just another example of UGA fans hating on all things Gator.

Maybe I should start a thread entitled;

Hell hath no fury like a UGA fan Tebowned. :)

VandyChuck
02-11-2009, 11:29 AM
This was not a reflection on Donovan at all. Dawg, you're overreacting a bit.

Now, what Noah did to Stallings....

:rotf:

Djshockley3
02-11-2009, 12:03 PM
Well hopefully that "complete douche" will take part in kicking UGA's ass on Saturday. :)

Do you really think I care or think UGA has a chance at beating UF? It would be pretty sad if UF does not win by 30+.

OffThePorch
02-11-2009, 12:08 PM
scum of the earth.. complete douche...

he stepped on his arm... barely ...:lol::doh::think::lol:

Gatorbabe
02-11-2009, 12:09 PM
Do you really think I care or think UGA has a chance at beating UF? It would be pretty sad if UF does not win by 30+.

Oh no ... it is the I don't care card.

Djshockley3
02-11-2009, 12:29 PM
Oh no ... it is the I don't care card.

UGA is 0-8 in the SEC, do expect me to think we will beat UF tonight?

kentubbybasketball
02-11-2009, 12:30 PM
Now, I think you can't lay this at the feet of Billy Donovan, but I will say, I'm surprise that Billy Donovan didn't act like he was more mad than he did. Hodge probably was "reprimanded" away from the 24,000 fans in the lockerroom, but I'm surprised Billy Donovan didn't distance himself too much from this even during the game.

That said, Hodge has always been a thug. He's kept it under control for the most part in the past, but every once in a while it comes out again IMO. He saw Perry Stevenson there... not only was he looking down before he stepped on him... Perry had just fouled Parson's on a three... how could Hodge have not seen that play and the aftermath? I mean, seriously.

GDawg88
02-11-2009, 12:37 PM
Leave Hodge to me...

http://i416.photobucket.com/albums/pp247/thevelouriumcamper/g_logo_medium.jpg?t=1234373822

Herchel
02-11-2009, 12:48 PM
Just another example of UGA fans hating on all things Gator.

Maybe I should start a thread entitled;

Hell hath no fury like a UGA fan Tebowned. :)

Uh, Swampy and Babe:
Dawg is an MSU fan.

PS: You won't need Hodge to drill UGA.

Gatorbabe
02-11-2009, 12:50 PM
UGA is 0-8 in the SEC, do expect me to think we will beat UF tonight?

Uh no ... I never said anything about that. But I will definitely get more enjoyment from that win now. :)

Gatorbabe
02-11-2009, 12:54 PM
Uh, Swampy and Babe:
Dawg is an MSU fan.

PS: You won't need Hodge to drill UGA.

I know he's an MSU fan.

sabanocchio
02-11-2009, 01:36 PM
Now, I think you can't lay this at the feet of Billy Donovan, but I will say, I'm surprise that Billy Donovan didn't act like he was more mad than he did. Hodge probably was "reprimanded" away from the 24,000 fans in the lockerroom, but I'm surprised Billy Donovan didn't distance himself too much from this even during the game.

That said, Hodge has always been a thug. He's kept it under control for the most part in the past, but every once in a while it comes out again IMO. He saw Perry Stevenson there... not only was he looking down before he stepped on him... Perry had just fouled Parson's on a three... how could Hodge have not seen that play and the aftermath? I mean, seriously.

Donovan reacted the way he did, because he, just like the refs and myself realized that it was an accident. It was stupid, he should have been watching where he was stepping, but he was looking at something else and he stepped right on dudes arm. After he realized he was stepping on him, he lifted his leg and immediately tried to apologize. He even sought Stevenson out again to apologize and Stevenson accepted his apology and acted like it was no big deal.

Like I said earlier, the right call was made, but you guys saying it was malicious are just looking for an excuse to call a Gator player classless.

SkyAntoine
02-11-2009, 01:47 PM
Like I said earlier, the right call was made, but you guys saying it was malicious are just looking for an excuse to call a Gator player classless.

And that's wrong...how? C'mon....it is Florida. :D

sabanocchio
02-11-2009, 01:52 PM
Nothing if it's in jest. We all take our stabs at Gator players and are rarely serious, but calling a kid the scum of the earth when he didn't do anything to deserve it is too much. I'll take up for him no matter what uniform he's wearing. If he did it intentionally, I would be in the other boat.

Dawg
02-11-2009, 06:38 PM
Never in my life would I even so much as consider stepping on someone on purpose. It's disgraceful.

And for the record, I have made mistakes and I was punished for them - and it reflected poorly on my mother.

Thanks for proving my point.

Dawg
02-11-2009, 06:42 PM

Precisely.

And MANY of you are missing the point. *IF* it was accidental (and it clearly wasn't), then it was an "intentional" mistake in that he intentionally didn't look DOWN after KNOWING another player was on the ground.

When you are walking, look down when bodies hit the floor. It's pretty simple.

GatorMan32
02-11-2009, 07:49 PM
How would Donovan distance him self from it? What coach would distance himself from his own player? You lose the team that way. Donovan has never been shy with punishment when he felt it was necessary. He does not grandstand about it. He just deals with it and moves forward. He also works with kids, when a situation comes up, to help them learn to better them selves from mistakes.

I have yet to see something that made me think Hodge meant to step on him. Its clear he didnt put his weight down on that foot because he realized he stepped on someone and immediately turned around to apologize and help the guy up. Its stupid to not look when bodies are on the floor. Its idiotic to make that kind of mistake because you should pay attention on a play where bodies hit the floor. That goes back to his lapses in judgement that have plagued his career. But he is hardly scum. Its an overreaction.

OffThePorch
02-11-2009, 07:53 PM
Precisely.
And MANY of you are missing the point. *IF* it was accidental (and it clearly wasn't), then it was an "intentional" mistake in that he intentionally didn't look DOWN after KNOWING another player was on the ground.
When you are walking, look down when bodies hit the floor. It's pretty simple.

if your mind is elsewhere it can happen. ive stepped on people accidently playing ball. he said he was sorry right away & it looked like Stevenson forgave him. shouldve been a personal foul & nothing more. imo. to call Hodge names over that is to not live in the real world. #### happens.

ConwayGamecock
02-11-2009, 07:58 PM
It was obvious that such an atrocious act as was committed by Hodge left many traumatized, even many of the players. Calathes was reported in a post-game interview that he normally makes those free throws in his sleep, but all he could think about at the line at that moment was seeing Stevenson mangled by Hodge, and he shuddered in mid-throw.........

where's the Humanity??????

swampmonster
02-12-2009, 08:32 AM
Uh, Swampy and Babe:
Dawg is an MSU fan.

But what is a djshockley?

Herchel
02-12-2009, 08:35 AM
But what is a djshockley?

He's 17. I think it was you that told me I should give them a break. :cheers:

swampmonster
02-12-2009, 08:48 AM
Never in my life would I even so much as consider stepping on someone on purpose. It's disgraceful.

Then you've never played a rough game of basketball, I've been hit in the mouth, elbowed in the face, stepped on in the scrum, knocked on my back, ect. ect. ect.

If the guy laying on the floor just punched you in the face, would you consider stepping on him, when he was down? Let's get real, everyone would. Not saying that happened, not saying what Hodge did was right, just saying the cameras, don't catch every act of rough play that occurs, and generally the refs as well as everyone else, are following the basketball. It was a rough game, and it was a loosely called game. Stevenson wasn't exactly playing patty-cake with the Gators.

Get off your high-horse.

If the game is to violent for you, maybe you should watch gymnastics or something.

And for the record, I have made mistakes and I was punished for them - and it reflected poorly on my mother.

Hodge was punished, he was ejected from the game.

I fail to see the need for some of you to verbally crucify him as a scum of the Earth , douche, and thug. Nice of you to admit, you aren't perfect, therefore have no right to judge someone else "scum of the Earth".

Thanks for proving my point.

What point is that genius? a college kid makes at worst a angry decision, and at best a brain fart, and deserves to be labeled "scum of the Earth".

I'm not following your logic there.

swampmonster
02-12-2009, 08:50 AM
He's 17. I think it was you that told me I should give them a break.

touche.

I did think Dawg was a Dawg though.

Between Hunkersdown and Illinoisdog, and of course YOU, just take it for granted these days if someone is targeting the Gators, it's got to be a UGA fan. :raz:

Djshockley3
02-12-2009, 11:20 AM
He's 17. I think it was you that told me I should give them a break. :cheers:

When did you ever go off on me?

swampmonster
02-12-2009, 11:40 AM
It was obvious that such an atrocious act as was committed by Hodge left many traumatized, even many of the players. Calathes was reported in a post-game interview that he normally makes those free throws in his sleep, but all he could think about at the line at that moment was seeing Stevenson mangled by Hodge, and he shuddered in mid-throw.........

where's the Humanity??????

:lol: have some rep.

kentubbybasketball
02-12-2009, 02:34 PM
How would Donovan distance him self from it? What coach would distance himself from his own player? You lose the team that way.

Billy D has perfected that craft... didn't he blame the players for not taking pride in playing for Florida last year for not coming prepared for games. He criticizes bad behavior or bad habits like all coaches do.

I have yet to see something that made me think Hodge meant to step on him. Its clear he didnt put his weight down on that foot because he realized he stepped on someone and immediately turned around to apologize and help the guy up. Its stupid to not look when bodies are on the floor. Its idiotic to make that kind of mistake because you should pay attention on a play where bodies hit the floor. That goes back to his lapses in judgement that have plagued his career. But he is hardly scum. Its an overreaction.

The idea of stepping on somebody does make some believe you're scum though. Stepping on people is just a derogatory thing point blank IMO. It's one thing to not see a person, but to be walking in Perry's direction (when he just fouled somebody on a three, stopped the game with the official's whistle, etc.) and claim to have not seen him is ridiculous. these are basketball players that slash into the lane and see things when there are no openings, let alone this situation.

swampmonster
02-12-2009, 02:43 PM
The idea of stepping on somebody does make some believe you're scum though.

http://www.lambiek.net/artists/k/kupperman_michael/underpantsman.gif

OffThePorch
02-12-2009, 02:44 PM
ive stepped on bigger snakes.