Bama @ LSU [Archive] - SEC Sports Forum | SEC Basketball | SEC Football

PDA

View Full Version : Bama @ LSU

UA37
02-08-2009, 10:58 AM
tips off at 1:00 Eastern on raycom. this could get ugly, at least LSU can showcase for a larger audience today. Bama has been playing better, but i sure dont expect a win today.

MSUado
02-08-2009, 11:00 AM
Goooooo Bama.

OffThePorch
02-08-2009, 11:15 AM
imo LSU will win & it might not be close.

ROLL TIDE!

gmecockrugby
02-08-2009, 12:05 PM
dont know who im pulln for...I guess bama for the slim chance of keeping our sec championship hopes alive

steelyvan
02-08-2009, 12:08 PM
Bama wins this one.

msudawg4life
02-08-2009, 02:38 PM
can't believe I'm saying this......

Go Bama!!!

Geaux 58 03 07
02-08-2009, 02:42 PM
70-48 LSU with a little over 5 to play.

Eat it gumps! :raz:

onlyfrbama
02-08-2009, 02:47 PM
70-48 LSU with a little over 5 to play.

Eat it gumps! :raz:

LOL!!! Your really going to celebrate a win against a team that hasn't won a road game in 2 years. I would be surprised with the remaining schedule that Bama has if they win a game. Par for the coarse for Bama Basketball in the CMG era and has continued to the CPP era.

Congrats on the win LSU. Good luck the rest of the season.

Geaux 58 03 07
02-08-2009, 02:48 PM
LOL!!! Your really going to celebrate a win against a team that hasn't won a road game in 2 years. I would be surprised with the remaining schedule that Bama has if they win a game. Par for the coarse for Bama Basketball in the CMG era and has continued to the CPP era.

Congrats on the win LSU. Good luck the rest of the season.

I celebrate any kind of win against Alabama. :cheers:

onlyfrbama
02-08-2009, 02:49 PM
I celebrate any kind of win against Alabama. :cheers:

May be your only win to celebrate this year. :cheers::raz:

Geaux 58 03 07
02-08-2009, 02:53 PM
May be your only win to celebrate this year. :cheers::raz:

I'll worry about the 09-10 Academic Calendar when it gets here, but I still have the the SEC Tourney and a 3 game sweep @ T-Town in April to look forward to :witch:

Geaux 58 03 07
02-08-2009, 02:54 PM
76-62 final FWIW

steelyvan
02-08-2009, 04:22 PM
i wonder if the LSU players and coaches feel like they even played an SEC conference game today? i would guess they don't.

MKAU
02-08-2009, 05:34 PM
What's really sad about this is, the Alabama men's team did better than their women's team today. That's one shotty athletic program they got going over there.

AlaGator
02-08-2009, 06:22 PM
Congrats, LSU.

Dawg
02-08-2009, 07:04 PM
What's really sad about this is, the Alabama men's team did better than their women's team today. That's one shotty athletic program they got going over there.

This coming from someone who has only women's basketball to keep them afloat speaking of a team who held the nation's #1 spot for five-straight weeks in football. Hmmm...

OffThePorch
02-08-2009, 08:21 PM
Congrats LSU!

MKAU
02-09-2009, 11:08 AM
This coming from someone who has only women's basketball to keep them afloat speaking of a team who held the nation's #1 spot for five-straight weeks in football. Hmmm...Actually my point of view is in support of a school that has whipped Bama in everything this academic year except football. Men's and women's basketball, and soccer. I consider our program average right about now, which would make them shotty.

UA37
02-09-2009, 11:14 AM
Actually my point of view is in support of a school that has whipped Bama in everything this academic year except football. Men's and women's basketball, and soccer. I consider our program average right about now, which would make them shotty.

:rotf: What sport matters most in the SEC? Congrats on your women's basketball banners. If I ever resort to talking smack about women's basketball someone please shoot me.

MKAU
02-09-2009, 11:26 AM
The only person talking smack was Dawg. I was just making an observation.

I'm a well rounded guy and enjoy all sports. If I had the choice in having a winner in all sports except football, or having a winner in football and nothing else, I'm taking the option where I have the most winners.

UA37
02-09-2009, 11:52 AM
The only person talking smack was Dawg. I was just making an observation.

I'm a well rounded guy and enjoy all sports. If I had the choice in having a winner in all sports except football, or having a winner in football and nothing else, I'm taking the option where I have the most winners.

Well, looks like you get neither since Auburn isnt a winner in much besides womens basketball.

In the SEC, especially Alabama, football takes precedence. That's why AU's football attendance is 80+k per game while your bball teams have a combined average of about 6k per game. You must be in the minority.

MKAU
02-09-2009, 12:04 PM
Well, looks like you get neither since Auburn isnt a winner in much besides womens basketball.But I did say I consider Auburn average, on the all around scale at least. Considering most of our sports have been better than what's at Alabama, then what I said seems to be a pretty fair assessment. Wouldn't you agree?

In the SEC, especially Alabama, football takes precedence. That's why AU's football attendance is 80+k per game while your bball teams have a combined average of about 6k per game. You must be in the minority.Agreed. You don't have to state the obvious. Yes, I am in the minority and I have always known it. When I was at Auburn I attended every baseball game and basketball game, and would enjoy a successful team in those two as much as I would a successful football team.