sec's crazy [Archive] - SEC Sports Forum | SEC Basketball | SEC Football

PDA

View Full Version : sec's crazy

gmecockrugby
02-07-2009, 06:36 PM
just like in football we constantly keep beating up on each other leaving us look like a bunch of smucks....however what everyone else in the country doesn't know is that we are stacked with teams who could win on any given night......if we somehow get 5 in they ALL will make noise

thethird
02-07-2009, 11:18 PM
Good argument but I still think the SEC is down compared to past years. Two coaches have already been canned and more could be on the way. To me, the Big East is the conference that's got it going on right now.

msudawg4life
02-07-2009, 11:19 PM
Cock fans seem to be coming out of the woodwork's....where were you all before the cocks starting playing good ball?

thethird
02-08-2009, 12:03 AM
Actually, IMO I think USC fans are some of the loyalist, especially when it comes to football. Year in and year out they produce mediocre teams and yet they still pack their stadium.

LSUTigers1404
02-08-2009, 12:09 AM
Actually, IMO I think USC fans are some of the loyalist, especially when it comes to football. Year in and year out they produce mediocre teams and yet they still pack their stadium.

I agree 100%. I attended the LSU/South Carolina football game in Columbia this year. Those fans are some of the rowdiest I've seen. Of all of he teams in the SEC that haven't had much success, Gamecock fans are probabaly among the most loyal and passionate.

msudawgs1964
02-08-2009, 01:12 AM

I think he is talking about on this board though..

msudawg4life
02-08-2009, 01:21 AM
I am, and I'm talking about basketball......this is the basketball forum right?????????

gmecockrugby
02-08-2009, 01:32 AM
yea and this thread is about the sec in basketball now....usc basketball hasnt been amazing but it has been descent....I'm confused why you feel the need to try to bring the gamecocks down...i mean seriously you are miss st fan....not the most dominate in anything

gmecockrugby
02-08-2009, 01:33 AM
oh and we will beat you in your place......would bet any amount on that you cant stop downey

msudawgs1964
02-08-2009, 02:48 AM
yea and this thread is about the sec in basketball now....usc basketball hasnt been amazing but it has been descent....I'm confused why you feel the need to try to bring the gamecocks down...i mean seriously you are miss st fan....not the most dominate in anything

he's not bringing the Gamecocks down, he asked a question..let me try to reword it so you are not confused.

Where were some of you Gamecock fans when the USC basketball team was not doing so good?

msudawgs1964
02-08-2009, 02:51 AM
oh and we will beat you in your place......would bet any amount on that you cant stop downey

ok, as long as you return here to get your dosing if USC loses..gonna talk the talk, better be prepared to walk the walk.

We may not stop Downey, but you may not stop Varnado from getting his blocks and you may not stop Ravern Johnson from lighting your asses up from beyond the arc. But you may, that is why they play the game.

SCfan804
02-08-2009, 08:27 AM
He's got a point... where the hell are all these USC fans coming from? I've been here for years along with Fodive, SECG, USC90, LA, and a few other loyal soldiers but now our numbers are exploding

OffThePorch
02-08-2009, 09:15 AM
Downey & USC are playing great. we'll do our best to keep up.

msudawg4life
02-08-2009, 09:47 AM
I have nothing against the Cock program...I actually like USC as a SEC team...I just find it funny how all of a sudden all these new posters are showing up because USC is starting to win some games....BANDWAGON anyone? It's almost like how down here in Mississippi when Pit was in the super bowl everyone started wearing Steelers stuff. It's called being a CONVENIENT fan....us MSU fans are here when we SUCK and when we are doing decent.

gmecockrugby
02-08-2009, 11:00 AM
haha just bc you found a site before I did doesnt mean im a damn bandwagon fan...i just graduated and have lived in sc my whole life being an avid fan.......not that I really care if you question my fanhood its not like this is a huge website

gmecockrugby
02-08-2009, 11:03 AM
oh and what point does he have? you joined in 2004 I see...i was in highschool sorry i wasnt on secfanatics representing usc to my fullest oh what was I thinking......the funny thing is the thread I started talked about the entire sec not just pumping up usc me being a carolina fan has nothing to do w/ this thread

AlaGator
02-08-2009, 11:38 AM
I love having the pleasure of seeing some USC fans around here. We appreciate their interest! :D

gmecockrugby
02-08-2009, 12:09 PM
thank you...apparently everyone doesnt share your feelings

msudawg4life
02-08-2009, 01:33 PM
w/e Kid......I have nothing against you being a SC fan......I am glad you are here now..look forward to see what you can add to our community here on the SEC Fanatics forums.

It's just funny seeing all these new Cock fans jump on the board and talk trash about their program...maybe introducing yourself 1st would of been a better approach.

if you are a new guy just finding this board and it's for the right reason...then WELCOME aboard. If this is in fact your reason there is no need for you to keep defending yourself....

SCfan804
02-08-2009, 06:12 PM
if you are a new guy just finding this board and it's for the right reason...then WELCOME aboard. If this is in fact your reason there is no need for you to keep defending yourself....

Exactly. I wasn't attacking anybody... I have no reason to attack someone who pulls for my alma mater. No need to be all defensive.

I just like this site b/c its a bit different than others- there aren't as many blatant homers here (though we certainly have a few) as you would find elsewhere, and most people here have the somewhat unique ability to recognize their program for what it is. So long as that continues, it's all good.

msudawg4life
02-08-2009, 06:22 PM
Exactly. I wasn't attacking anybody... I have no reason to attack someone who pulls for my alma mater. No need to be all defensive.

I just like this site b/c its a bit different than others- there aren't as many blatant homers here (though we certainly have a few) as you would find elsewhere, and most people here have the somewhat unique ability to recognize their program for what it is. So long as that continues, it's all good.

my post was toward gmecockrugby just fyi...if you knew that then nm this...lol

SCfan804
02-08-2009, 06:37 PM
Yeah I knew... I was agreeing with you lol

JRS
02-09-2009, 08:50 AM
Okay, now that's out of the way, back to the topic. Yes, it is a crazy year in the SEC and certainly any one team can beat another on any give night.

kentubbybasketball
02-09-2009, 11:46 AM
just like in football we constantly keep beating up on each other leaving us look like a bunch of smucks....however what everyone else in the country doesn't know is that we are stacked with teams who could win on any given night......if we somehow get 5 in they ALL will make noise

Maybe LSU, but I don't see anybody making noise in the NCAAT and that's where you're really gonna be judged.

Next year things should be better. MSU is gonna be dynamite. Florida as well. Tennessee returns everybody of consequences, maybe UK too. This league is gonna be experienced next year, and that's where we'll make our hay.

gmecockrugby
02-09-2009, 11:35 PM
I just feel that all these teams are very athletic and will be prone to playing in close games...the sec's are gonna go in not being taken seriously.... a perfect chance to upset a few people

msudawg4life
02-10-2009, 03:41 PM
Okay, now that's out of the way, back to the topic. Yes, it is a crazy year in the SEC and certainly any one team can beat another on any give night.

the SEC is always like that....there are always a select few games each year where a team has no business to win but somehow they pull it out.

AlaGator
02-10-2009, 07:58 PM
Who neg repped me for welcoming the Southern Cal poster? You could have signed your name. It's ok with me if you disagree, but I think it is fun to have posters from all conferences. It gives us an idea how we are perceived in other parts of the country. I am glad to have them here, and hope they will feel free to post often.

gatormaniac
02-10-2009, 08:05 PM
Who neg repped me for welcoming the Southern Cal poster? You could have signed your name. It's ok with me if you disagree, but I think it is fun to have posters from all conferences. It gives us an idea how we are perceived in other parts of the country. I am glad to have them here, and hope they will feel free to post often.

Consider unsigned neg. rep a rite of passage. FYI, USC may very well be the most hated school on this board. One of the few teams ( tOSU ) is another, that rallies SEC fans behind one another. In other words, you were sleeping with the enemy...so to speak. Not justification for unsigned neg. rep., just an explanation. Also, we already know how USC fans perceive us...and it ain't good! :D

Edit: Where was the USC poster?

AlaGator
02-10-2009, 08:27 PM
Consider unsigned neg. rep a rite of passage. FYI, USC may very well be the most hated school on this board. One of the few teams ( tOSU ) is another, that rallies SEC fans behind one another. In other words, you were sleeping with the enemy...so to speak. Not justification for unsigned neg. rep., just an explanation. Also, we already know how USC fans perceive us...and it ain't good! :D

Edit: Where was the USC poster?

You know what? I think I mistook South Carolina for USC. I call Southern Cal "USC". I have had a lot of nice comments on the Crimson Tide from USC fans, but not on this board. I'm not worried about it. It's ok. I did expect the neg rep to not be anonymous, though. :thumb:

gmecockrugby
02-11-2009, 01:39 AM
I BEG if we're on a sec board please let us be USC......cmon we have nothing we cant be carolina...we cant be usc.......this is ******** haha

SCfan804
02-11-2009, 06:25 AM
I BEG if we're on a sec board please let us be USC......cmon we have nothing we cant be carolina...we cant be usc.......this is ******** haha

99% of the posters here call us USC or won't throw a temper tantrum if you do. Conversely though, when you see someone talking about how much they hate "USC" here, they're probably referring to the other one. Works out ok that way.

SECgamecock453
02-11-2009, 06:46 AM
Florida 19-5 (6-3)
South Carolina 17-5 (6-3)
Kentucky 17-7 (6-3)

And Tennessee is right there too with 5 SEC wins. WOW!

JRS
02-11-2009, 07:55 AM
You know what? I think I mistook South Carolina for USC. I call Southern Cal "USC". I have had a lot of nice comments on the Crimson Tide from USC fans, but not on this board. I'm not worried about it. It's ok. I did expect the neg rep to not be anonymous, though. :thumb:

Wow, now that will definitely get you negative rep, lol.:rotf:

AlaGator
02-11-2009, 10:46 AM
Wow, now that will definitely get you negative rep, lol.:rotf:

I can't get used to the idea of South Carolina calling themselves "USC". I always say "South Carolina". :)