What happened to Monk Hog fans???? [Archive] - SEC Sports Forum | SEC Basketball | SEC Football

PDA

View Full Version : What happened to Monk Hog fans????

msudawg4life
02-07-2009, 04:20 PM
They said he is having some eligibility problems...and they said it's not grades???????? hmmmmm....maybe my fuss about him being let back on the basketball team after being part of an NFL team wasn't out of line after all :)

any Ark fans know anything on this...would be interested to hear the whole story.

Hogger
02-07-2009, 05:12 PM
They said he is having some eligibility problems...and they said it's not grades???????? hmmmmm....maybe my fuss about him being let back on the basketball team after being part of an NFL team wasn't out of line after all :)

any Ark fans know anything on this...would be interested to hear the whole story.

Nobody knows. But, it has nothing to do with playing in the NFL. If it was against the rules to play in the NFL then come back and play college bball, that would've been an easy call by the U of A to not let him play. And, if that was the case it would've already come out. It's obviously much more complex than that.

But, I have heard we've probably seen the last of Monk in an Arkansas uniform. It sucks because he's been nothing but class his entire tenure here, whether on the football field or the basketball court.

msudawg4life
02-07-2009, 05:43 PM
yea...tough loss for the program...he brought ALOT of energy to the team...at least he did from what I saw from him at the 1st MSU game...he was all over the place.

Hogger
02-07-2009, 06:26 PM
yea...tough loss for the program...he brought ALOT of energy to the team...at least he did from what I saw from him at the 1st MSU game...he was all over the place.

Yeah, he was one of those intangibles guys that does many things that don't show up on the scoreboard. He is definitely missed.

msudawg4life
02-07-2009, 06:36 PM
he is kinda like what Turner is to us this year....or Slater was to us last year.