Andy Kennedy Arrest Video [Archive] - SEC Sports Forum | SEC Basketball | SEC Football

PDA

View Full Version : Andy Kennedy Arrest Video

Vandy420
02-03-2009, 07:43 AM
What a complete douchebag. Kennedy deserves to be fired as does the director of bball operations. These guys are idiots and should not be making as much money as they are. What a set of complete idiots.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qN0fBB1LfmU&feature=channel

Nkemdiche4Heisman5
02-03-2009, 08:29 AM
everyone seems to thinkhe handled himself very well and that this showed how corrupt da po-po is

OffThePorch
02-03-2009, 08:52 AM
not sure if AK hit the cab driver.. but he did get thrown out of a bar ... & then cursed the cab driver. had this been players they wouldve at least been suspended. be interesting to see how the trial turns out.

RailroadGin
02-03-2009, 08:59 AM
Some of you guys kill me. There's a huge difference between cussing someone and hitting them. The Director of Basketball Operations was out of control- fine. Kennedy while obviously drunk wasn't out of control. You people act like you're not allowed to make a mistake. And if you honestly think a player would be suspended for drinking- not DUI- then you're wrong. Unless there is proof of the assault- TBD in court. On what grounds do you suspend him? Go ahead and feed me the "public figure" or "representative of the university" lines. Bottom line is Kennedy was in the wrong place at the wrong time- yes he controlled that- but it happens to a lot of people.

Gatorbabe
02-03-2009, 09:03 AM
It's funny that he thought they should let him go because it's a "national incident" ... so clearly he wasn't claiming innocence.

Vandy420
02-03-2009, 09:06 AM
International incident as well hahah

OffThePorch
02-03-2009, 09:11 AM
Some of you guys kill me. There's a huge difference between cussing someone and hitting them. The Director of Basketball Operations was out of control- fine. Kennedy while obviously drunk wasn't out of control. You people act like you're not allowed to make a mistake. And if you honestly think a player would be suspended for drinking- not DUI- then you're wrong. Unless there is proof of the assault- TBD in court. On what grounds do you suspend him? Go ahead and feed me the "public figure" or "representative of the university" lines. Bottom line is Kennedy was in the wrong place at the wrong time- yes he controlled that- but it happens to a lot of people.

people get arrested for public drunk every day. AK was clearly that.... enough so to get kicked out of a bar & then get in an argument with a sand ******.
open your eyes.

Gatorbabe
02-03-2009, 09:14 AM
get in an argument with a sand ******.

Are you quoting him or is that how you feel?

UA37
02-03-2009, 09:20 AM

Bama fired a football coach for a somewhat similar incident. There is an unbiased eyewitness who says Kennedey hit him.

OffThePorch
02-03-2009, 09:24 AM
Are you quoting him or is that how you feel?

quote. i actually like every foreigner ive ever met here.... like their work ethic.

Gatorbabe
02-03-2009, 09:29 AM
quote. i actually like every foreigner ive ever met here.... like their work ethic.

Ok good. I was about to go off on you. :p

HunkerDown
02-03-2009, 09:45 AM
This is one of the funniest things I've ever seen.

:rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf:

Whoever that coach is, is a complete idiot. What a total douchebag. HAHAHAHAHA.

The best is the cop who says "You think your the first person we've arrested in the national media? We deal with the Bengals all the time." :rotf::rotf::rotf:

OffThePorch
02-03-2009, 09:47 AM
Ok good. I was about to go off on you. :p

that might be fun. :lol:

PiggoBitttys
02-03-2009, 09:55 AM
LMAO! That is pretty hilarious. "This is an international incident!" Dang, I never realized Ole Miss basketball was so big. Since when are the bengals national news either?

RailroadGin
02-03-2009, 10:07 AM
people get arrested for public drunk every day. AK was clearly that.... enough so to get kicked out of a bar & then get in an argument with a sand ******.
open your eyes.

Was he arrested for public drunk? Did the bar owner say he was kicked out?
Look- I'm not saying Kennedy isn't at fault here- he is. But some of you people are saying he should lose his job just based on the video. If it ends up being proven he hit the cab driver, then I'm fine with firing him. "Public drunk" is not an offense worthy of losing your job. If this were a habitual thing or he was driving while drunk, it's a different story. Don't tell me to open my eyes when I'm not being a homer. Look at my post history, I consider myself to be relatively rational- especially for this board.

RailroadGin
02-03-2009, 10:09 AM
Bama fired a football coach for a somewhat similar incident. There is an unbiased eyewitness who says Kennedey hit him.

No you didn't. Those were different circumstances. Again, I'm not talking about the assault. If that is proven, then I'm fine with getting rid of him. I'm talking about the video. All it shows on the AK's part is that he was drunk when he was arrested and he tried to talk is way out of it. That alone doesn't give reason for terminated the man's job.

PiggoBitttys
02-03-2009, 10:13 AM
RG is a very level headed poster.

So far, it sounds like you have the cabbie and a doorman who backs up at least part of the cabbie's story vs. the Ole Miss staff basically. It's all he said/she said, so it will be interesting if they can find out what actually happened.

Vandy420
02-03-2009, 10:16 AM
He admits getting into a verbal confrontation with the cab driver, there was also a eyewitness bystander. It was pretty obvious he was trying to talk his way out of getting arrested, not for drunk in public but for assault. The director of bball operations should be fired just from the video alone. Do you want your program in the hands of that guy that was screaming from the car at the cab driver? How pathetic is that?

Both should be fired. But thats my opinion, I have higher standards for my coaches than Ole Miss though so we will see.

I think that he should be fired for being out at a bar at 1:30am while out of town on a basketball trip, while his players are at the hotel. He had a game the same day. What a joke of a coach. That is embarrassing behavior for someone that is supposed to represent your university.

UA37
02-03-2009, 10:19 AM
No you didn't. Those were different circumstances. Again, I'm not talking about the assault. If that is proven, then I'm fine with getting rid of him. I'm talking about the video. All it shows on the AK's part is that he was drunk when he was arrested and he tried to talk is way out of it. That alone doesn't give reason for terminated the man's job.

Yep. What AK did seems to be much worse. Still, both coaches publically humiliated their university. Bama dropped ours. OM is standing behind theirs.

RailroadGin
02-03-2009, 10:22 AM
God forbid your family disown you for making a mistake as you are a representative of your family. Kevin Stallings is a wonderful man who everyone likes and never makes mistakes. Again if he is proven to have hit the cab driver, I understand firing him. You can't fire someone for getting arrested, period. If you want to fire the DBO for how he acted on the video- I'm cool with that. AK, while drunk, was unreasonable or uncooperative.

Heck Pup
02-03-2009, 10:23 AM
The best is the cop who says "You think your the first person we've arrested in the national media? We deal with the Bengals all the time." :rotf::rotf::rotf:

:rotf:

"This is an international altercation!!!"(?)

Cap'n
02-03-2009, 10:23 AM
I can see why he should he should be fired, but at the same time he'll still be hired by another school after we fire him. He's a great coach and a great recruiter. So to lose him to another school wouldn't be good for us. It's a lose lose situation for Ole Miss. We keep him we lose some rep points or we fire him and he goes to another school and we have to hire a coach who is just as good if not better.

I say keep him. Losing rep points isn't going to change anything for our basketball program.

Cap'n
02-03-2009, 10:26 AM
:rotf:

"This is an international altercation!!!"(?)
It should read, In-ter-na-tio-nal al-ter-ca-tion. :rotf:

RailroadGin
02-03-2009, 10:26 AM
AJ Walker is still on the Alabama roster. He's a "representative" of the university. Hypocrisy!

Cap'n
02-03-2009, 10:28 AM
It's a two faced situation. People say we should fire him and when we do he gets hired somewhere else. He's still the same person. Changing schools isn't going to change his personality. So why if he's fired at one school for acting like an idiot should he be hired at another school? So he can act like an idiot again?!

UA37
02-03-2009, 10:32 AM
AJ Walker is still on the Alabama roster. He's a "representative" of the university. Hypocrisy!

I have no idea who this guy is. I don't think he's one of the top employees of the UA tho.

UA37
02-03-2009, 10:32 AM
I can see why he should he should be fired, but at the same time he'll still be hired by another school after we fire him. He's a great coach and a great recruiter. So to lose him to another school wouldn't be good for us. It's a lose lose situation for Ole Miss. We keep him we lose some rep points or we fire him and he goes to another school and we have to hire a coach who is just as good if not better.

I say keep him. Losing rep points isn't going to change anything for our basketball program.

rep for calling it like it is

OffThePorch
02-03-2009, 10:34 AM
imo UM would look better to suspend them with pay until the trial. looks to me like a good chance AK will be found guilty if this makes it to trial. based on the witness, the time, the tapes, the earlier bar stuff, etc.

RailroadGin
02-03-2009, 10:37 AM
I have no idea who this guy is. I don't think he's one of the top employees of the UA tho.

Football player who was arrested for public intoxication last spring. Still on the football team. There is a double standard. I understand coaches are held to higher accountability. My only comment is you don't fire him bc he got drunk. Fire him if the assault charges stick. Fire him if he endangers lives was driving drunk.

RailroadGin
02-03-2009, 10:38 AM
imo UM would look better to suspend them with pay until the trial. looks to me like a good chance AK will be found guilty if this makes it to trial. based on the witness, the time, the tapes, the earlier bar stuff, etc.

That would be a justifiable reaction by the university.

As a side note- the bar OWNER has already said nothing happened and they were not thrown out.

UA37
02-03-2009, 10:42 AM
Football player who was arrested for public intoxication last spring. Still on the football team. There is a double standard. I understand coaches are held to higher accountability. My only comment is you don't fire him bc he got drunk. Fire him if the assault charges stick. Fire him if he endangers lives was driving drunk.

apple - walk on football player

orange - one of highest paid persons employed by the university

i don't see the double standard.

Vandy420
02-03-2009, 11:34 AM
Them being kicked out of the bar is not in question. THe police already were told that by the bar. So I don't think what you are saying is true. There were witnesses of him getting thrown out of the bar.

This is different from a athlete getting arrested for public drunk. THe athlete is not a administrator at the university. He is not responsible for millions of dollars, and multiple people under him, including students.

If the only reason you can give for keeping him is, so another school doesn't get him, that is pretty pathetic. Worry about Ole Miss and what happens to OM and its employees and students not other schools. Right now this is nothing but embarrassing for the university. If you want a violent drunk to be the face of your program go ahead. It's obvious they don't value their reputation from past incidents, and the way they handle this.

Cap'n
02-03-2009, 12:29 PM
Them being kicked out of the bar is not in question. THe police already were told that by the bar. So I don't think what you are saying is true. There were witnesses of him getting thrown out of the bar.

This is different from a athlete getting arrested for public drunk. THe athlete is not a administrator at the university. He is not responsible for millions of dollars, and multiple people under him, including students.

If the only reason you can give for keeping him is, so another school doesn't get him, that is pretty pathetic. Worry about Ole Miss and what happens to OM and its employees and students not other schools. Right now this is nothing but embarrassing for the university. If you want a violent drunk to be the face of your program go ahead. It's obvious they don't value their reputation from past incidents, and the way they handle this.
If Vandy or (insert favorite school) hired him the table would be turned. You'd say, we got a great coach maybe he has changed and has learned from his mistakes. But since Ole Miss won't fire him it's some sort of injustice to Ole Miss (like you or any other non Ole Miss fan really give a **** how this makes Ole Miss, its employees, or students look and feel).

Who cares if he did it?! If he didn't then good maybe he has been punished enough by the media and public scrutiny. If he did do it then he'll pay a fine, serve jail time, or be on probation for so long. Regardless he's still Ole Miss' coach and I hope he stays because I like the guy.

fodive
02-03-2009, 12:35 PM
I personally wouldn't want him representing my University after all this. As an alum I care more about the reputation of the school than being mediocre as opposed to bad at a sport. If you do, that is your opinion and you are welcome to it.

Cap'n
02-03-2009, 12:40 PM
What I find to be funny is a lot of y'all are more worried about this whole thing than Khayat or Boone are.

fodive
02-03-2009, 12:46 PM
Not surprising, from those who brought you the "WILD BOYZZ"

:)

UA37
02-03-2009, 12:47 PM
Who are those guys?

I'm outspoken about this b/c if it happenned at Bama you better believe people would be dragging Bama through the mud. OM is doing nothing and nobody says a thing. Besides that, assualt and racial slurs are usually no-no's.

If I was OM, i'd try to sweep this under the rug too and hope AK's antics wont come back and embarass the school again. He's a damn good coach imo.

Cap'n
02-03-2009, 12:49 PM
Who are those guys?

I'm outspoken about this b/c if it happenned at Bama you better believe people would be dragging Bama through the mud. OM is doing nothing and nobody says a thing. Besides that, assualt and racial slurs are usually no-no's.

If I was OM, i'd try to sweep this under the rug too and hope AK's antics wont come back and embarass the school again. He's a damn good coach imo.
Khayat and Boone? Ole Miss' chancellor and athletic director.

If this happened at Bama it would be the same as it has been for Ole Miss. I hate it when people say if this happened to Bama we'd never hear the end of it. Like y'all are some high and mighty school or something.

fodive
02-03-2009, 12:54 PM
Remember Mike Price?

Cap'n
02-03-2009, 12:56 PM
Remember Mike Price?
And it blew over didn't it? You never hear about him anymore.

fodive
02-03-2009, 12:57 PM
Because he was forced to resign...

UA37
02-03-2009, 01:06 PM
And it blew over didn't it? You never hear about him anymore.

lol, i wonder why... He had headlines there for a while. He had a special SI report done on him and everything.

Cap'n
02-03-2009, 01:07 PM
lol, i wonder why... He had headlines there for a while. He had a special SI report done on him and everything.
Before it's all said and done Kennedy might have the same.

statesboroblues
02-03-2009, 01:40 PM
RRGIN...As a side note- the bar OWNER has already said nothing happened and they were not thrown out.

That has been in question from the start. The bar owner does not want to go public saying they forced Kennedy out of the bar. His bar is probably a hot spot as far as Athletes are concerned...I hear their food is wonderful:sarcasm: The police were/are actively looking for the people the altercation was with in the bar.

"Eat a Peach"

2008 National Champions
02-03-2009, 05:52 PM
lmao. He should be fired for attacking the cabby and using racial slurs in the process. What a disgrace.