Mississippi State @ Kentucky Game Thread [Archive] - SEC Sports Forum | SEC Basketball | SEC Football

PDA

View Full Version : Mississippi State @ Kentucky Game Thread

kentubbybasketball
02-02-2009, 04:36 PM
Both teams could use a win after a tough week for UK and a tough weekend for MSU. Last year, Jarvis Varnado took UK to task with a triple double, including 10 blocks. Luckily, Joe Crawford and Ramel Bradley kept us in the game. They're gone now, and Jodie Meeks is that much more important. I've always said this, against MSU you gotta shoot a decent percentage from three... and that's where Jodie comes in to play.

Ravern Johnson has been somewhat impressive this season, and I can't wait to see either Jodie or Ramon on him.

Interesting to see Twany Beckham back in this state... wonder if he is bitter toward UK?

Rick Stansbury is a very underrated coach BTW... very excellent at what he does. He does a great job at baiting opponent's inside, basically he gets you to funnel your offense inside, so your shot can be sent back by Varnado. Maybe that's not great coaching but obvious, but he still deserves credit for putting the gameplan together.

UA37
02-02-2009, 04:47 PM
toss up, imo

SkyAntoine
02-02-2009, 04:55 PM
I'm getting out of this barren wasteland and heading to the game tomorrow. Cats by 6.

OffThePorch
02-02-2009, 04:57 PM
UK should win. a MSU win would be a nice surprise.

kentubbybasketball
02-02-2009, 04:58 PM
I'm getting out of this barren wasteland and heading to the game tomorrow. Cats by 6.

I'm just glad that I finally get to watch a UK game after the ice storm of last week.

OffThePorch
02-02-2009, 05:19 PM

ive seen some pictures & it looks awful.

as for the game.. the loser will not make the dance imo... so its a big time game.

steelyvan
02-02-2009, 05:47 PM
really? I think both teams have very good chances of making the tourney regardless of this game's outcome.

OffThePorch
02-02-2009, 05:51 PM
really? I think both teams have very good chances of making the tourney regardless of this game's outcome.

i dont.
it would be UKs 3rd loss in a row & 2nd in a row at home... with many tough games to come in a weak conference.
we would be 14-8 with some bad losses. we have to win or we are on the way to the nit.. maybe... which is what i thought pre-season.

msudawg4life
02-03-2009, 04:50 PM
UK should win this game....a MSU win would be a surprise.

SECgamecock453
02-03-2009, 05:13 PM
I'm calling MSU for the upset, if that would even be an upset.

weegeman
02-03-2009, 05:31 PM
Can't imagine the Cats losing three in a row in 3 games they were supposed to win. Gillispie's head will be on a snowman / iceman outside Rupp if they don't pull out this win.

UA37
02-03-2009, 05:34 PM
Msu definitely is capable of beating UK. They have the shooters and big man to play wiht anyone. If their shooter are hot and Meeks doesnt score 40, they'll win. I'm still not picking a winner either way.

SkyAntoine
02-03-2009, 06:34 PM

Umm...no I'm not. My wife and I chose to stay home and not attempt to drive 2 hours on bad roads while we leave our girls at home with no power. The wind chill in Leitchfield is -19 degrees.

Sorry, Weege. I gave the tix to Darren to try to sell. I'll still get you regardless.

BergeLSU
02-03-2009, 07:14 PM
Well Kentucky still doesn't have any point almost 5 minutes into the game. 8-0 MSU.

Anyone else watching and not have any sound from the announcers? It's just noise from the court and crowd.

ukfan339
02-03-2009, 07:15 PM
UK needs to friggin score! I don't have a good feeling about this game.....

msubulldog0610
02-03-2009, 07:27 PM
This is ridiculous...I live here in Starkville, MS going to MSU and the freaking CBS station is not carrying Raycom....What?!...Thats so dumb...I mean the Starkville CBS station isn't carrying it but my parents can pick it up in Jackson, MS on CBS...Damn it...Please keep me updated..If I lived on campus, I could watch it on ESPN360

msubulldog0610
02-03-2009, 07:30 PM
Ok well I found it...Its on Foxsports South...I was about to say lol

ukfan339
02-03-2009, 07:36 PM
This is crap.......I think this UK team is worse then Last year's team. NOBODY will take wide open shots but instead pass it to patterson when 3 guys are swarming him...This is pathetic.

BergeLSU
02-03-2009, 07:41 PM
This is an awful game to watch... Don't know why I am still watching it.

ukfan339
02-03-2009, 07:43 PM
Yay! Now MSU is going all VMI on us. Seems like UK isn't even trying. If I was at the UK game I would already be leaving, UK is just letting them do everything.

ukfan339
02-03-2009, 07:50 PM
Billy better talk to those kids at half time because there playing like crap in every aspect of the game. I think UK will make a comeback but will sill lose by 10.

SkyAntoine
02-03-2009, 07:50 PM
Fans are correctly booing this effort. Not the players. Not the coach. The fact that this is a poor representation of Kentucky basketball.

Dawg
02-03-2009, 07:51 PM
MSU up at half 37-24...wow. Meeks with just 6 points.

MSU shooting 56.3% from long range...Turner 3-of-6 with 13pts, Ravern 3-of-5 with 11pts, Barry Stewart 2-of-3 with 8.

Can MSU stay hot and keep Meeks out of this game?

Dawg
02-03-2009, 07:52 PM
A win @ Kentucky would make up for MSU's home loss to Ole Miss. State needs this win.

ukfan339
02-03-2009, 07:57 PM
Fans are correctly booing this effort. Not the players. Not the coach. The fact that this is a poor representation of Kentucky basketball.
Yeah there playing like a freaking YMCA team, truly not like Kentucky Basketball.

SkyAntoine
02-03-2009, 08:00 PM
MSU up at half 37-24...wow. Meeks with just 6 points.

MSU shooting 56.3% from long range...Turner 3-of-6 with 13pts, Ravern 3-of-5 with 11pts, Barry Stewart 2-of-3 with 8.

Can MSU stay hot and keep Meeks out of this game?

Meeks will stay "out" of this game, but still finish with 22 or so. Unless he goes off for 26 points in the 2nd half...we're done.

boxvic
02-03-2009, 08:02 PM
So, when are we actually going to hire a coach to replace Tubby Smith? This interim guy we have kind of stinks.

steelyvan
02-03-2009, 08:07 PM
Matt Dougherty?

Dawg
02-03-2009, 08:08 PM
They're quick to call fouls on Varnado....such B.S.

Dawg
02-03-2009, 08:14 PM
The refs have gotten whistle-happy.

steelyvan
02-03-2009, 08:18 PM
good to see JM hit that jumper because the rest of the UK team missed PP wide open underneath

msudawgs1964
02-03-2009, 08:24 PM
State imploding..

msubulldog0610
02-03-2009, 08:26 PM
I'm starting to question why in the hell Ravern isn't shooting more..This is exactly what happened the last two games...WTF

MSUado
02-03-2009, 08:27 PM
We do this a lot. I don't see us winning this game. No way.

ukfan339
02-03-2009, 08:28 PM
Heres the real UK team!:cheers:

SkyAntoine
02-03-2009, 08:33 PM
That was a stupid foul by Stevenson when we're making a run back.

ukfan339
How many BS calls can a ref call in one game?

MSUado

Well he just missed one when Jarvis got fouled on the dunk.

BergeLSU
02-03-2009, 08:34 PM

It was a good call.

Players seem to think that if they have the ball they can throw elbows. That is the defender's space.

ukfan339
02-03-2009, 08:35 PM
Well there has been lots of missed calls in this game, and some calls that shouldn't have been called. But if UK loses this game they shot there self in the foot, So many turnovers and wide open 3's for MSU. UK deserves to lose this game. This is so not UK basketball but hell the players dont seem to care, this is the worst, absolute worse UK team in UK history.

MSU124
02-03-2009, 08:41 PM
WOW! We cant NOT miss tonight

BergeLSU
Well there has been lots of missed calls in this game, and some calls that shouldn't have been called. But if UK loses this game they shot there self in the foot, So many turnovers and wide open 3's for MSU. UK deserves to lose this game.

Kentucky deserves to lose this game because they go straight at Varnado and he keeps blocking them. How do you counter this? Why, by keep going at him, of course.

Dawg
WOW - MSU up by 16 with three minutes to go....State has gotten hot from three again. Meeks with just 12 points.

SkyAntoine
02-03-2009, 08:42 PM
Down by 16 with 3 minutes to go. Geez I'm glad I didn't go to this game.

boxvic
02-03-2009, 08:44 PM
This is the real 2009 UK team... half-heartedly throwing up junk shots, letting MSU shoot open 3's, and getting blown out at home. I don't care how far out a guy is, when he hits a three from back there you guard him back there the next time.

When can the Gillispie supporters finally admit he is a horrible coach? He is an awesome recruiter yes, I admit that. Now you need to admit that as a "coach" he's as useless as the wings on osterich.

ukfan339
02-03-2009, 08:45 PM
This is pathetic, UK did everything worng, and I mean everything. I think UK will only win 1 more game and they will be lucky to get that. A UK team looking to run away with the SEC is now a laughfing stock and thats truly pathetic. I'm loseing faith in this team and losing faith in Billy, I don't understand it 5-0 a week and a half ago now 5-3 loseing 3 in a row now even lucky to make it to the NIT. UK sucks and I agree with all the Loserville fans now how we are losing to teams we should beat by 10 points and instead lose by almost 20. You know UK basketball sucks when you just want football season to start again. Billy shoud understand fans lose sleep at night over loses like these and if UK doesn't get back on track next year he sould know he's dream job at UK could very well be over. I never thought UK could be as bad as they where last year but now I belive this 2009 team is the worst UK team of all time. Looking at the schedule UK IMO only has two more games they could win and that is LSU and UGA at home and winning only those two games might not even be enough for the NIT.

SkyAntoine
02-03-2009, 08:45 PM
Kentucky deserves to lose this game because they go straight at Varnado and he keeps blocking them. How do you counter this? Why, by keep going at him, of course.

Stop dissing our strategery.

msudawgs1964
02-03-2009, 08:52 PM
3-0 against that awesome SEC East. Go figure.

Damn fine job by State tonight..damn fine.

SkyAntoine
02-03-2009, 08:56 PM
LOL at all the Wildcat fans who thought this team was really good when Meeks was scoring 40+ ppg.....umm....what was I thinking? :doh:

OffThePorch
02-03-2009, 08:58 PM
good road win for my Dogs! next up home vs ARK this saturday.

SkyAntoine
02-03-2009, 09:03 PM
Congrats Dawgs! Y'all shot lights out and shut down our offense.

ukfan339
02-03-2009, 09:05 PM
I sure hope next week were not Florida Bait! That will really put UK in a position.

msudawg4life
02-03-2009, 09:08 PM
Huge Huge Huge Huge win for MSU tonight....some UK fans will prob downplay it, but a win at Rupp is a win at Rupp....that is now 2 wins at prob the 2 toughest places in the SEC......

this team is comming along nicely...good to see a MSU team ahead of schedule for once..weren't we susposssed to finish 5th in the West??????????

OffThePorch
02-03-2009, 09:08 PM
since we were hitting shots i assume we played with effort.
good luck UK the rest of the way.

jh4uk
02-03-2009, 09:09 PM
WOW!!! ole miss gave everyone the blueprint to beating us. we keep this stuff up will be lucky to even make it to the n.i.t.

:cry::cry::cry:

jh4uk
02-03-2009, 09:10 PM
congrats state fans... your team wanted it more.

SkyAntoine
02-03-2009, 09:17 PM
Huge Huge Huge Huge win for MSU tonight....some UK fans will prob downplay it, but a win at Rupp is a win at Rupp....that is now 2 wins at prob the 2 toughest places in the SEC......

this team is comming along nicely...good to see a MSU team ahead of schedule for once..weren't we susposssed to finish 5th in the West??????????

Any road win is huge and MSU completely took the Rupp fans out of play tonight. We made more noise booing our team than cheering for them.

I was really looking forward to this game because Varnado had his way with us last year. This time...7 blocked shots. :shake:

steelyvan
02-03-2009, 09:25 PM
jh4uk, what is the blueprint?

boxvic
02-03-2009, 09:47 PM
The key to stopping UK is 3 point shooting. VMI proved that to start the year. UK cannot guard the 3, and Gillispie will never try any different defenses. Also, for a team that is supposed to be all about defense, where the hell is the press? I don't mean full court man to man where the defender just lazily tracks his man... where the hell is the press?

When you have have someone that can match Patterson's physicality down low it just becomes a cake walk to beat this UK team unless Meeks is shooting the lights out. Our offense will just keep doing the same thing over and over again, and it is always the opposite of what needs to be done.

Good win for State, you did everything you had to do and made it look easy. Just more nails in the coffin for Billy Clyde as far as I'm concerned.

MSUado
02-03-2009, 09:52 PM
Good game Kentucky. We really needed this win after the bad loss at home to Ole Miss. Varnado had a great game and it's about time he got back on track with the shot blocking because it had been down some. I love Ravern Johnson by the way.

Also, Patterson is a beast.

MSUado
02-03-2009, 09:57 PM
This is Stansbury's first win in Lexington and it's the first time the Bulldogs have won three in a row against the Cats.

MSUado
02-03-2009, 10:01 PM
Phil and Ravern were great. The scouting report on both of them is that they have incredible range. Phil is very streaky but he can drain them from all over the court. He had a very big deep three pointer against UK last year.

If you don't pick up both of these guys well outside the line then you are a fool.

jh4uk
02-03-2009, 10:05 PM
jh4uk, what is the blueprint?

basically play a box in one on meeks and when patterson gets the ball double team him. the rest of our guys will some how turn it over or take a bad shot.

GatorMan32
02-03-2009, 10:06 PM
this worries me. UK wont keep losing at home and we have to go to Lexington next

MSUado
02-03-2009, 10:11 PM
basically play a box in one on meeks and when patterson gets the ball double team him. the rest of our guys will some how turn it over or take a bad shot.

Most teams don't have a guy like Jarvis to help keep Patterson in check.

I was impressed with Phil Turners effort. He got 8 rebounds against one of the best rebounding teams in the conference and he is only 6 3.

msudawg4life
02-03-2009, 10:17 PM
I've disliked Phil during his time at MSU...since just before the start of SEC play though he's grown on me...

MSUado
02-03-2009, 10:24 PM
I've disliked Phil during his time at MSU...since just before the start of SEC play though he's grown on me...

I spoke for quite some time with Phil Turner last year and he is a really good guy. I have always liked him and wished the best for him so I'm glad to see him step up his game.

SkyAntoine
02-03-2009, 10:30 PM
this worries me. UK wont keep losing at home and we have to go to Lexington next

Our team is shot right now. No confidence and no answer for sub-par games from Meeks. Losing is one thing but losing and looking clueless is different.

SECgamecock453
02-03-2009, 10:32 PM
I'm calling MSU for the upset, if that would even be an upset.

Quoted for truth. :cheers:

GR8NESS
02-03-2009, 10:38 PM
I made plans so I could be able to NOT watch this monstrosity.

NIT baby. NIT!

GR8NESS
02-03-2009, 10:59 PM
If Gillispie told me Miller raped a puppy, murdered his mother and bit the head off his richard at halftime...I still wouldn't accept him not starting in the second half tonight. Completely unacceptable.

I can understand going back and forth with liggins and porter. Both of those two suck in opposite ways. Piggins is a lost cause for now. Both are terrible right now.

Miller on the other hand is obviously better than Harris. Mr. brittle bone syndrome sucks ******** from the inside out. In all honesty, Miller should probably be playing 40 minutes a game.

Miller, Meeks, Pat...stick around.

Everyone else, including coach right now....get the mothertouching eff out, and don't come back until your heads are removed from your asses!

Wave&Dawgs
02-03-2009, 11:47 PM
This season is going EXACLY how I called it for MSU. I said we were going to lose to horrible teams we should kill (Ole Miss) and beat teams we shouldn't (Kentucky). That's the kind of thing that happens when you live and die by the three. I will definitely take this win though! Nice effort by the guys tonight.

MSUado
02-04-2009, 12:22 AM
Landon Sloan? Are you kidding me?

NCMISSSTFAN
02-04-2009, 07:17 AM
Great win by our dogs, we have to take care of home court against Arkansas though. We still have a small chance at the NCAA's but I think we will probably end up being in the NIT's.

Good game UK.

UA37
02-04-2009, 08:08 AM
Congrats on the win MSU. Tough times for UK, but all isnt lost yet.

MKAU
02-04-2009, 09:22 AM
If Gillispie told me Miller raped a puppy, murdered his mother and bit the head off his richard at halftime...I still wouldn't accept him not starting in the second half tonight. Completely unacceptable.

I can understand going back and forth with liggins and porter. Both of those two suck in opposite ways. Piggins is a lost cause for now. Both are terrible right now.

Miller on the other hand is obviously better than Harris. Mr. brittle bone syndrome sucks ******** from the inside out. In all honesty, Miller should probably be playing 40 minutes a game.

Miller, Meeks, Pat...stick around.

Everyone else, including coach right now....get the mothertouching eff out, and don't come back until your heads are removed from your asses!Ouch! Graffic.

I do like me some MSU. Always a tough bunch.

statesboroblues
02-04-2009, 09:29 AM
since we were hitting shots i assume we played with effort.
good luck UK the rest of the way.

If you did not see the difference between our defense in the second half of the UM game and this game you are blind or have no clue...

Typical, you always relate effort with offense...effort is fighting through screens and not getting out rebounded by 19 or so in the second half alone by a bad UM rebounding team.

"Eat a Peach"

OffThePorch
02-04-2009, 09:34 AM
If you did not see the difference between our defense in the second half of the UM game and this game you are blind or have no clue...Why do you always relate effort with offense...

you dont sound like a mod. Im not blind & i have a clue. leland & me & maybe some others thought we played with good effort vs UM .. but didnt hit the shots & lost. that happens sometimes.
you have a right to your opinion just as we do. accept that & move on. as YOU said to each his own.
go DOGS!

statesboroblues
02-04-2009, 10:10 AM
you dont sound like a mod. Im not blind & i have a clue. leland & me & maybe some others thought we played with good effort vs UM .. but didnt hit the shots & lost. that happens sometimes.
you have a right to your opinion just as we do. accept that & move on. as YOU said to each his own.
go DOGS!

:topic:I am not a mod of this board...

Sounds just like my wife...if we would of made more shots, we would have won. As easy as it is to say...we also could of stopped UM from hitting as many as they did, we could of gotten a rebound or two instead of just turning and running the minute someone shoots the ball, we could of waited for everyone to get down the court before jacking up a 3. When we were not hitting in the second half, ball movement was a huge part of it...there was none.
Considering how we play ball, we are going to have off nights shooting the ball...what we do on the nights when the shots are not falling is what will define our season. We have to be able to manufacture a win...UM @ home should have been one of those games.

you & others would be wrong...

"Eat a Peach"

OffThePorch
02-04-2009, 10:19 AM
:topic:I am not a mod of this board...
Sounds just like my wife...if we would of made more shots, we would have won. As easy as it is to say...we also could of stopped UM from hitting as many as they did, we could of gotten a rebound or two instead of just turning and running the minute someone shoots the ball, we could of waited for everyone to get down the court before jacking up a 3. When we were not hitting in the second half, ball movement was a huge part of it...there was none.
Considering how we play ball, we are going to have off nights shooting the ball...what we do on the nights when the shots are not falling is what will define our season. We have to be able to manufacture a win...UM @ home should have been one of those games.
you & others would be wrong...

& you can kiss my ass. :kiss:

go DOGS!

weegeman
02-04-2009, 10:20 AM
Can't imagine the Cats losing three in a row in 3 games they were supposed to win. Gillispie's head will be on a snowman / iceman outside Rupp if they don't pull out this win.

So was I right? Is his head on a snowman or did somebody already run over it with a truck? Congrats MSU on another arse whipping. We look TURRIBLE lately. I smell failure...

I'll be at the Gator game Tuesday night. It's my birthday and if the Cats manage to lose all three games at Rupp that I have attended I may never go back.

boxvic
02-04-2009, 10:51 AM
I'[m still wondering when we are going to hire a coach to replace Tubby Smith.

statesboroblues
02-04-2009, 11:05 AM
& you can kiss my ass. :kiss:

go DOGS!

WOW...Can I say typical reply when someone knows they have not a clue? I think so...

"Eat a Peach"

kentubbybasketball
02-04-2009, 02:56 PM
A good win for MSU definitely.

It seems like Rick Stansbury had a great gameplan, where you try to keep Meeks, Patterson, and Stevenson (the big 3) in check. But, I think what hurt UK more than anything wasn't the great three point shooting although that definitely helped.

I think the main things were:

1. MSU plays a 4 small, 1 big format. I think at times that's gonna hurt MSU, especially against somebody like South Carolina, who plays Dominque Archie at the 4, he can cover Phil Turner, who I assume is the 4th guard. Perry Stevenson had trouble with that though.

2. I think dribble penetration is something that's plagued us all season long, and Bost took us to task with that. We've keep the Terrico Whites, the Devan Downeys, and Dee Bosts out of the lane. Plus, once they are in the lane our bigs gotta do a better job at coming over and providing help. Our bigs gotta trust that they will get help from another UK player on defense, but you gotta stop that guy from just owning the lane.

Good win for MSU. I dont' think this knocks UK out of the NCAAT like some say, but this makes the FLorida game that's forthcoming huge for a variety of reasons.

Defensively I'm not mad at our perimeter D for MSU going 14 of 27 from three... those kinds of nights happen (although we should have adjusted to maybe switching screens after the first 10 threes went down), but our perimeter defense must contain dribble drives. It's something that we can get worked out. This loss doesn't really sting that bad... not as much as Ole Miss and USC, games we should have won. This game though you can chalk up to great shooting by MSU, and that's a storm UK just couldn't weather, it happens... but it's compounded by two bad losses (a game where we were flat vs Ole Miss and a guy where we had some coaching defenciencies at the end vs USC).

NCMISSSTFAN
02-04-2009, 04:03 PM
A good win for MSU definitely.

It seems like Rick Stansbury had a great gameplan, where you try to keep Meeks, Patterson, and Stevenson (the big 3) in check. But, I think what hurt UK more than anything wasn't the great three point shooting although that definitely helped.

I think the main things were:

1. MSU plays a 4 small, 1 big format. I think at times that's gonna hurt MSU, especially against somebody like South Carolina, who plays Dominque Archie at the 4, he can cover Phil Turner, who I assume is the 4th guard. Perry Stevenson had trouble with that though.

2. I think dribble penetration is something that's plagued us all season long, and Bost took us to task with that. We've keep the Terrico Whites, the Devan Downeys, and Dee Bosts out of the lane. Plus, once they are in the lane our bigs gotta do a better job at coming over and providing help. Our bigs gotta trust that they will get help from another UK player on defense, but you gotta stop that guy from just owning the lane.

Good win for MSU. I dont' think this knocks UK out of the NCAAT like some say, but this makes the FLorida game that's forthcoming huge for a variety of reasons.

Defensively I'm not mad at our perimeter D for MSU going 14 of 27 from three... those kinds of nights happen (although we should have adjusted to maybe switching screens after the first 10 threes went down), but our perimeter defense must contain dribble drives. It's something that we can get worked out. This loss doesn't really sting that bad... not as much as Ole Miss and USC, games we should have won. This game though you can chalk up to great shooting by MSU, and that's a storm UK just couldn't weather, it happens... but it's compounded by two bad losses (a game where we were flat vs Ole Miss and a guy where we had some coaching defenciencies at the end vs USC).

Good post, the only thing I will say about this though is that is what Romero Osby and for, depending on the situation, Stans plays him more in certain games than others. The Phil Turner vs. Perry Stevenson matchup gave Turner an advantage, but like you said, it won't always be that way. That's when Stans usually goes to Romero Osby or Brian Johnson.

kentubbybasketball
02-04-2009, 04:32 PM
I think playing Osby and Johnson present its own shortcomings though, and that's why they aren't the starter over Phil Turner, NCMISSSTFAN.

Any team that plays 4 guards is either gonna have a matchup advantage or a matchup disadvantage... that's clear. UK made it to where Stans didn't have to explore playing anybody other than Turner for long stretches.

kentubbybasketball
02-04-2009, 04:33 PM
UK lost this game for sure, but I think Rick Stansbury won it more than anything. He had his team focused and the gameplan was clear, obvious, and executed.

NCMISSSTFAN
02-04-2009, 05:16 PM
I think playing Osby and Johnson present its own shortcomings though, and that's why they aren't the starter over Phil Turner, NCMISSSTFAN.

Any team that plays 4 guards is either gonna have a matchup advantage or a matchup disadvantage... that's clear. UK made it to where Stans didn't have to explore playing anybody other than Turner for long stretches.

I'm not saying to start them, Phil has been playing his butt off this year and as much as I disliked Stans giving him all that time early in the year, obviously he knew something I didn't. He plays hard and tough like Dietric Slater did but he's alot more athletic and can shoot it better. Holcombe is another guy who is medically redshirting with that type toughness too. Stans loves the tough guys.

For matchup purposes though, we can go to Romero or Brian Johnson depending on the situation. Romero will more than likely start there in the next season or so, he doesn't now because he is still young and learning.

OffThePorch
02-04-2009, 06:07 PM
great effort.. least imo.

georgiaguy31015
02-04-2009, 06:25 PM
Congrats on the win MSU.

leland5
02-04-2009, 07:15 PM
Good Mississippi State win.