SEC East Logjam- 1/31 [Archive] - SEC Sports Forum | SEC Basketball | SEC Football

PDA

View Full Version : SEC East Logjam- 1/31

GR8NESS
01-31-2009, 10:25 PM
Florida (5-2)
South Carolina (5-2)
Kentucky (5-2)
Tennessee (4-2)
Vanderbilt (2-5)
Georgia (0-5)

Who is going to come out of the mess?
Note: UF's losses are both to East teams (SC and UT). UK has one West loss and one east (OM and SC). SC has one West and one East (LSU and UT). UT has one East and one West. (UK and LSU)

Djshockley3
01-31-2009, 11:43 PM
Right now I would pick South Carolina.

cock15
02-01-2009, 02:20 AM
Right now I would pick South Carolina.

me too! lol

Tennessee
02-01-2009, 08:23 AM
Gonna sound homerish, but I'm going to pick the Vols...Our biggest question is consistency...If we can keep that outside threat that we showed last night, even a little bit, it will open up our inside game

Our defense is 100% better than at the beginning of the year, and some of the young guys are showing some maturity (although they still make plays like Scotty did at the end of the LSU game, which goes back to consistency)

I don't think we are that much, if any better, than SC, KY, or UF, but I do think that we have played the most underneath our potential of all of those teams, so I am going to say we improve as the year progresses and take the East...SC is the hottest team right now, but the hottest team title seems to change on a weekly basis, so we'll see if they can substain this level of play...

I would say right now that UT and UF gets the byes in the SECT, but had you asked me last week, I would have said UF and UK, and if you ask me next week it may be UK and SC, but that's life in the 2009 SEC LOL

SECgamecock453
02-01-2009, 12:55 PM
I love the 1 vote for Georgia, lmao.

steelyvan
02-01-2009, 12:59 PM
with their experienced, talented guard play, I would expect USC to be in the thick of it at the end and the tourneys.

kentubbybasketball
02-02-2009, 03:40 PM
I voted for Kentucky, but I almost feel like UK and UT are gonna tie for it. I think UT has been somewhat dreadful to start the SEC compared to their standards, but they are still in the lead. I don't think they can play that much worse to tell you the truth.

I also say Kentucky though, because UK has two of the three best players in the league (Meeks and Patterson: with Calathes being the other). Usually we can rely on the defense to be that "third guy." With a graet @ UT win, I like UK's chances, but we gotta get out of this period of shotty play that's dated back to before the Bama game.

Everybody in the SEC is gonna struggle this year, the key will be whose period of struggle lasts the shortest amount of time. I don't think UF or USC has hit it's rough patch yet... UT probably already has, and UK is maybe in the midst of its.

FWIW, if the SECT were beginning today, UK and UT would be the 1 and 2 seeds.

kentubbybasketball
02-02-2009, 04:12 PM
One thing to note is that each of the 4 "top" teams has a player of the year candidate. Perhaps Jodie Meeks is still way ahead of the pack (not as much as before), but depending on how teams finish, that player of the year race could follow suit.

Wincocks84
02-03-2009, 11:23 AM
imo itll be UT or USC..but who really knows at this point.

SECgamecock453
02-03-2009, 11:46 AM
I voted for Florida just because I try not to be the homer. So everyone remember this when it comes back down to questions like "Who is the biggest homer on SECF?" (Btw the answer is most likely always going to be a Hog fan).

SECgamecock453
02-07-2009, 09:34 PM
Poll closes at 11:25, figured it'd be interesting to bring it up after today.

cock15
02-07-2009, 10:02 PM
Gamecocks will win it