*USC @ Kentucky Game Thread* [Archive] - SEC Sports Forum | SEC Basketball | SEC Football

PDA

View Full Version : *USC @ Kentucky Game Thread*

BleedBlue7
01-31-2009, 10:35 AM
Tip off is today at 3 on Raycom.

Go Cats!!!

BleedBlue7
01-31-2009, 10:42 AM
My prediction... 82-74 UK

UA37
01-31-2009, 10:44 AM
I think UK wins. I'm not sure USC can stop Meeks. I hope i'm wrong tho.

SkyAntoine
01-31-2009, 01:21 PM
I hope Meeks scores 60 for all the people suffering without electric in the Commonwealth.

kentubbybasketball
01-31-2009, 01:55 PM
Really quick analysis. UK has had trouble stopping penetration all season long... that's where Downey excels. If UK doesn't control that, they better hope Patterson has a big game to offset it, because they don't have an answer for him inside.

Perry Stevenson could dominate in this game to due to USC's thin post play.

Jodie Meeks could balance out Zam Frederick, a guy we recruited. My X-factor though is Evka Baniulis... he's always shot well against us, even before the rest of the SEC knew who he was.

ConwayGamecock
01-31-2009, 03:35 PM
So because Meeks scored that 54 that one time, everyone expects him to score 50-60 every time out?

#1GamecockFan
01-31-2009, 03:43 PM
I don't like that we are shooting 37% from the field, but we are winning 29-20 after the technical on UK.

ukfan339
01-31-2009, 03:43 PM
UK fans are pissed and there loud as hell!
UK just needs to get rebounds and start making some 3's. For a few possesions I thought USC would start going all VMI on us.

#1GamecockFan
01-31-2009, 03:45 PM
UK fans are pissed.

I am not going to talk crap right now, because this tends to end badly for us more often than not. lol

ukfan339
01-31-2009, 03:49 PM
UK back within 3!

#1GamecockFan
01-31-2009, 03:52 PM
Gamecocks up 33-30 with 2:00 left in the 1st half.

ukfan339
01-31-2009, 03:56 PM
UK can't make one freaking basket....not a single one.

#1GamecockFan
01-31-2009, 03:58 PM
UK can't make one freaking basket....not a single one.

Dude, they have made 10 baskets. lol

ukfan339
3 at the buzzer! UK leads 36-37!

#1GamecockFan
36-34 Gamecocks lead with :04 remaining in the 1st half.

#1GamecockFan
01-31-2009, 04:01 PM
3 at the buzzer! UK leads 36-37!

See, all you needed to do was complain about their shooting.

SECgamecock453
01-31-2009, 04:05 PM
I'm surprised we're only down 1 on the road at Kentucky. Cmon' Gamecocks!

BleedBlue7
01-31-2009, 04:08 PM
That was an amazing shot by Liggins to beat the buzzer.

I do like how we are throwing the ball into Patterson almost every possession. That is who our offense should revolve around.

ukfan339
01-31-2009, 04:18 PM
Good start to the half UK!

ukfan339
01-31-2009, 04:36 PM
Here we go again....I don't get it, We can blowout UT down at rocky top but we can't even beat USC at home?

ukfan339
01-31-2009, 05:08 PM
Well F***! Chalk up a loss for UK.
This is the worst 16-5 team ever.

ConwayGamecock
01-31-2009, 05:12 PM
Gamecocks
Win!!!!!!

ConwayGamecock
01-31-2009, 05:13 PM
Here we go again....I don't get it, We can blowout UT down at rocky top but we can't even beat USC at home?

You're not a good enough team to beat USC at home.

:raz:

SECgamecock453
01-31-2009, 05:15 PM
Holy sh*t.

steelyvan
congrats USC. big step towards the tourney today.

ukfan339
Yeah I know, Im starting to debate this team. This team was supposed to be a team the won the SEC and get at least a 5th seed in the NCAA tournament. But now Im wondering if this team will even win another freaking game. I think UK will win 4, yes only 4 more games if they don't step it up cause right now they just plain suck. I mean if you can't even beat Ole Miss or South Carolina theres no way on gods earth you can beat Florida, LSU or even UT again and not to mention tournament teams.

GR8NESS
01-31-2009, 05:16 PM
No Meeks = No Victories

N.I.T.

SkyAntoine
01-31-2009, 05:22 PM
Good game, Cocks.

Looks like UK is the new Arkansas of the SEC. Once again TO's killed us and w/o Meeks scoring 30 points we are an average team at best.

Couldn't post during the game because my phone is still hit and miss.

Tennessee
BG is a *****...Wouldn't even shake dude's hand...Guess he couldn't wait to get to that scotch

ukfan339
Yep, and that's were UK is headed the NIT. It's going to take a lot of scotch to cope with this loss.

ConwayGamecock
01-31-2009, 05:25 PM
Yeah I know, Im starting to debate this team. This team was supposed to be a team the won the SEC and get at least a 5th seed in the NCAA tournament. But now Im wondering if this team will even win another freaking game. I think UK will win 4, yes only 4 more games if they don't step it up cause right now they just plain suck. I mean if you can't even beat Ole Miss or South Carolina theres no way on gods earth you can beat Florida, LSU or even UT again and not to mention tournament teams.

You keep saying that, but IMO to lose a close game to a solid, tough USC Gamecock team should be considered a hope-builder for UK. I mean, to come all the way from losing to a VMI at home to almost beating USC, shows definite improvement for your team. Don't give up the hope.....

SECgamecock453
01-31-2009, 05:25 PM
It's amazing that we can still win games like this despite our HORRID free throw shooting. We really have to work on that, because it won't work much longer.

fodive
01-31-2009, 05:26 PM

Give Carolina some credit. I think we've proven we are in the top half this year and a bit better that miss.

This is a great win, on the road that can really help our tournament chances. Wish I saw it and can't wait for Tuesdays game on ESPN...

SECgamecock453
01-31-2009, 05:29 PM
Still irks me that we lost to the College of Charleston, argh! We could be 17-3, with good losses to Clemson, @ LSU, and @ Tennessee.

ukfan339
01-31-2009, 05:30 PM
I'm not taking anything away from USC, it was a great win for Carolina. But when you almost beat a top 10 UL team in Louisville then you go down to UT and blow them out by 19 points, UK should have beat USC, and handily.

GR8NESS
01-31-2009, 05:32 PM
Billy G is a c*ck sucker. I just saw the non-handshake. I'm done defending the POS. Whatever happens happens. Is it football season yet?

BleedBlue7
01-31-2009, 05:33 PM
First off... What the hell is Gillispie calling a damn FULL COURT TRAP with 30 seconds left in the game and were a head by 3? It just leaves a man wide open... DUH Gillispie!

Secondly... what the hell was Stevenson, one of the worst damn free throw shooters doing still in the game with 30 seconds left in the game and they were starting to foul? Put Miller or someone in for some points from the foul line instead of Stevenson clanking both of them.

Third... Gillispie was total ass again after the game... Instead of being a dick to a reporter that asks a serious question, he walks right past Horn not wanting to shake his hand or anything. Horn had to grab his hand. ****ing pathetic...

Absolutely pathetic... The only 2 players that I seen on the court for UK today that was playing with some damn fire was Miller and Patterson! This is just getting absolutely attrocious...

Dollar Theater
01-31-2009, 05:35 PM
I love Darrin Horn in a completely gay way. *swoons*

SECgamecock453
01-31-2009, 05:35 PM
I'm not taking anything away from USC, it was a great win for Carolina. But when you almost beat a top 10 UL team in Louisville then you go down to UT and blow them out by 19 points, UK should have beat USC, and handily.

Why is everyone so high on Tennessee? They are what, 12-7? (They are a good team, but why is everyone using them as a benchmark in the SEC?) We beat Ole Miss at home, a team who you lost to. We actually beat them very comfortably (having a 20-point lead at one point in the game). We fought back and lost to Tennessee by 3 on the road (again, a good team, but shouldn't be the benchmark just because of the preseason hype). We beat Florida at home, never gave up. I don't understand why UK should have beaten us HANDILY, you couldn't even beat Ole Miss. At least our coach shakes hands and we can win at home.

ConwayGamecock
01-31-2009, 05:37 PM

emphasis on "almost". Almost winning against a heated in-state rival gets you nothing....believe me, a Gamecock fan knows this. So maybe the big UT beat-down was a fluke.....just like the 54 Meeks scored in it.....

gatormaniac
01-31-2009, 05:45 PM

Do you really think UK should beat USC " handily "? If so, you're not paying attention to what USC puts on the court. They are tough and gritty and showed it today.

Great basketball game and congrats to USC!!

BleedBlue7
01-31-2009, 05:47 PM

Just like we should have beat ****ing Ole Miss handily? This team can't be expected to beat NO ONE handily!

ConwayGamecock
01-31-2009, 05:58 PM
Do you really think UK should beat USC " handily "? If so, you're not paying attention to what USC puts on the court. They are tough and gritty and showed it today.

Great basketball game and congrats to USC!!

Maybe he's not paying attention to what UK has been putting on the court.....

:witch:

gatormaniac
01-31-2009, 06:21 PM
Maybe he's not paying attention to what UK has been putting on the court.....

That too...

UA37
01-31-2009, 06:24 PM
Great game USC. Now everybody will start giving you some props. Win in Gainsevill next week and you guys will really make a statement.

If CBG keeps this up, Kentucky may enter the Tubby sweepstakes.

steelyvan
01-31-2009, 06:37 PM
other than losing, is there some reason why CBG did not shake the hand of CDH?
that surprises me.

LSUTigers1404
01-31-2009, 07:03 PM
I'm glad we caught USC before they got on this hot streak. Good win Cocks, you will be a force in the SEC.

SECgamecock453
01-31-2009, 07:17 PM
I'm glad we caught USC before they got on this hot streak. Good win Cocks, you will be a force in the SEC.

Thanks man, but I'm not sure it would matter when we played you guys. Like I read on Cocky Talk, that game just had mismatch all over it. I don't think the LSU result would change much, aside from the score being a little closer. You guys are looking hot too and should take the West.

ConwayGamecock
01-31-2009, 07:21 PM
other than losing, is there some reason why CBG did not shake the hand of CDH?
that surprises me.

Yes: he's a pile of poo.

:)

At least I'm hoping that's it. Hopefully it's not that Billy Bob isn't reading the writing on the wall, and didn't want to shake the hand of his possible successor as UK's HC....

steelyvan
01-31-2009, 08:53 PM
is there some bad blood or is it the successor thang?

fodive
01-31-2009, 09:23 PM
is there some bad blood or is it the successor thang?

Neither as far as anyone knows.

scgamecock312
02-01-2009, 11:03 AM
I hope UK never wins another game with the **** Gillespie pulled yesterday....first class dick.

steelyvan
02-01-2009, 12:03 PM
That's unusual behavior for any coach. I doubt CBG has any history of that kind of behavior in the past. Is this just a reflection of how 'wound tight' coaching at UK can get you? Any explanation today in the media?

scgamecock312
02-01-2009, 12:06 PM
That's unusual behavior for any coach. I doubt CBG has any history of that kind of behavior in the past. Is this just a reflection of how 'wound tight' coaching at UK can get you? Any explanation today in the media?

Don't try and justify what he did.....he is a sore loser.

SkyAntoine
02-01-2009, 12:06 PM
Yes: he's a pile of poo.

At least I'm hoping that's it. Hopefully it's not that Billy Bob isn't reading the writing on the wall, and didn't want to shake the hand of his possible successor as UK's HC....

:rotf: You Cocks could learn a thing or two from the humility Kentucky fans have displayed over the last...wow...has it already been over 100 years, seven NC's and like 8,000 SEC Championships later? :raz:

scgamecock312
02-01-2009, 12:13 PM
I can't wait til you Cats come to Columbia as well.

scgamecock312
02-01-2009, 12:34 PM
I love what Downey said..."you should take us real serious." Also said..."we dont want anyone to give us credit..don't bother talking about us...we will just keep winning."

SkyAntoine
02-01-2009, 12:43 PM
Swagger is good when you can back it up. :)

I was impressed with USC's play and Horn. I've always liked Horn since he coached my alma mater, but I was always more impressed with his recruiting and intensity than the X and O part. USC was up for the game and played hard.

He'll have USC in the thick of the East for a while.

OffThePorch
02-01-2009, 02:00 PM
Congrats Cocks!

UK will do a lot better Tuesday night ...im sure.

ConwayGamecock
02-01-2009, 06:05 PM
:rotf: You Cocks could learn a thing or two from the humility Kentucky fans have displayed over the last...wow...has it already been over 100 years, seven NC's and like 8,000 SEC Championships later? :raz:

I'm learning just by reading your posts....which is the direct opposite of the definition of "humility"......

:cheers:

SkyAntoine
02-01-2009, 06:32 PM
I'm learning just by reading your posts....which is the direct opposite of the definition of "humility"......

:cheers:

You can a lot from reading my posts: humility, absurdity, stupidity...and lots of other ity words. :thumb:

BTW, your gay adoption post still ranks in my all-time top 10. :D

kentubbybasketball
02-02-2009, 04:31 PM
Congrats on the win USC. I knew you guys would be good this year, picked you to finish third in the East as a matter of fact, which I still think is the case.

I'm disappointed that Gillispie doesn't call a timeout after USC cuts our lead to 1, instead he lets us inbound it to Perry Stevenson, which isn't a bad FT shooter, but atrocious compared to Jodie Meeks.

Then, in the final possession, G says we were trying to draw a foul? Come on, why try to dope the refs into giving you two foul shots... just go out and win the game.

weegeman
02-03-2009, 05:27 PM
Agreed, terribly played end of the game by UK. It was stupid to thow it to Perry in that situation and our last play was terrible. I give Downey credit for making three HUGE shots down the stretch and I have to take credit away from Meeks for not being able to defend him better. Congrats to the Cocks and a big thumbs down to my beloved Cats. I hope we can bounce back.

ConwayGamecock
02-03-2009, 08:54 PM
You can a lot from reading my posts: humility, absurdity, stupidity...and lots of other ity words. :thumb:

BTW, your gay adoption post still ranks in my all-time top 10. :D

Thanks! I worked two weeks on that one...... :D

ConwayGamecock
02-03-2009, 09:18 PM
Agreed, terribly played end of the game by UK. It was stupid to thow it to Perry in that situation and our last play was terrible. I give Downey credit for making three HUGE shots down the stretch and I have to take credit away from Meeks for not being able to defend him better. Congrats to the Cocks and a big thumbs down to my beloved Cats. I hope we can bounce back.

yeah...UF played terrible at the end of the game......UK played terrible at the end of the game....maybe the team that wins the SEC this season will be the team that doesn't play terribly at the end of games.......