I don't feel so bad about the SC loss now [Archive] - SEC Sports Forum | SEC Basketball | SEC Football

PDA

View Full Version : I don't feel so bad about the SC loss now

Vandy420
01-30-2009, 12:00 PM
I just realized how injured we are.

AJ Ogilvy - injured heel, and flu. (Heel is almost 100% now though)

Ezelli fouled out in 9 minutes (has had back problems all year)

Lance Coulborne has a stress fracture in his pelvic bone and only played 10 minutes.

Charles hinkle didn't play. (Hyper-extended knee)

steelyvan
01-30-2009, 12:24 PM
420, why did we not put Jaime Grahm on Devan Downey in the 2nd half?

JRS
01-30-2009, 01:12 PM

Lance Coulborne has a stress fracture in his pelvic bone and only played 10 minutes.

You shouldn't feel so bad anyways, we're actually a pretty decent team.

VandyChuck
01-30-2009, 01:16 PM

Def. agree. I think USC could take the East, or finish 2nd. Great backcourt. Two marksmen coming off the bench. Servicable big men, and a do it all guy in Archie. Plus they're all veterans.

VandyChuck
01-30-2009, 01:18 PM
420, why did we not put Jaime Grahm on Devan Downey in the 2nd half?

didn't we play more zone than anything? I like Graham a LOT, don't get me wrong, but I don't think you can afford to sit Beal, Tinsley, or Drake much at all (considering the way Drake is playing lately.)

Vandy420
01-30-2009, 01:40 PM

I know ya'll are a good team, I wasn't trying to take anything away from SC.

I didn't get to see the game, just the score. I know we took the lead in the 2nd half, which is amazing since we were 12 down and so many injuries. But Downey took over.

I agree we should have said Graham, so stay on Downey and never leave his side.

VandyChuck
01-30-2009, 01:47 PM
LOL...Quote from the Vandy board in a thread talking about Lance's injury problems (first mono, now pelvic bone)

"Someone should keep Lance away from women"

Rocky@theTop
01-30-2009, 04:39 PM

What you truly should feel bad about is being a Vandy fan. :raz:

govandy0620
01-30-2009, 05:23 PM
What you truly should feel bad about is being a Vandy fan. :raz:

At least we did not have any expectations this year :rotf::rotf:

kentubbybasketball
01-31-2009, 12:49 PM
Didn't everybody see these kinds of results coming for Vandy injuries or not? I figured they'd be fifth in the East behind USC, this is what I expected. I feel like Ogilvy has yet to really play up to his full potential, and even with an injury, I question whether he's taken over games or been the kind of leader Vandy needs him to be.

That's not an insult to a future NBA player, but it's just my opinion. This has got to be a disappointing sophomore season for him based on the injury and on production.

steelyvan
01-31-2009, 02:01 PM
UK wasn't all they could be last year because of injuries. Why would you suggest Vandy isn't any less than their potential because of injuries?

SECgamecock453
01-31-2009, 02:32 PM
I was pretty impressed with Vandy just to make it a game early and midway through the 2nd half. Even though we took over the rest of the way, that was impressive that they could come back in a hostile environment (we have one loss at home this year to Clemson) with the injuries they had. Vandy is going to be a tough force to stop next season.

kentubbybasketball
01-31-2009, 03:41 PM
UK wasn't all they could be last year because of injuries. Why would you suggest Vandy isn't any less than their potential because of injuries?

NObody was suggesting that last year though about UK, so why say it now? Vandy might have a win or two more in the SEC without the injuries, but they'd still be 5th place IMO. That's not an insult, it's just what's practical in my mind.

govandy0620
01-31-2009, 07:07 PM
A lot of people think we win the game at Rupp if AJ had played, and I can't say I disagree.

cock15
01-31-2009, 10:50 PM
why dont you add also... The Gamecocks are a better team than Vandy.

Vandy420
02-02-2009, 08:15 AM
B/c they really aren't better. I would say these 2 teams are equal at worst. If SC is any better it is soley bc of experience. Same with UK. THey aren't any better than Vandy or SC for that matter. THey are all about equal.

This is a learning year for Vandy. We will be better. I still expect us to finish no lower than 4th place every year though. No reason for us to ever finish below SC or Georgia.

JRS
02-02-2009, 09:09 AM
B/c they really aren't better. I would say these 2 teams are equal at worst. If SC is any better it is soley bc of experience. Same with UK. THey aren't any better than Vandy or SC for that matter. THey are all about equal.

This is a learning year for Vandy. We will be better. I still expect us to finish no lower than 4th place every year though. No reason for us to ever finish below SC or Georgia.

I would say that now, but in a few years I hope it will be much different.

UA37
02-02-2009, 09:28 AM

:rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf:

5-2 > 2-5

Dollar Theater
02-02-2009, 10:52 AM
No reason for us to ever finish below SC or Georgia.
http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/dd72/suriyasiero/553px-Lol_que.jpg

Vandy420
02-02-2009, 11:02 AM
:rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf:

5-2 > 2-5

Long way to go. They still have to come to nashville.

SECgamecock453
02-02-2009, 12:14 PM
We don't care about respect, we'll probably do better with the least amount of spotlight put on us. Like Downey said, we'll just keep on winning. The @ Florida game will be tough this week, but aside from that, I like our chances in most of the other games we play.