Will Tennessee make the NCAAs? [Archive] - SEC Sports Forum | SEC Basketball | SEC Football

PDA

View Full Version : Will Tennessee make the NCAAs?

Tennessee
01-29-2009, 08:04 AM
Currently 12-7 (3-2), with the remaining schedule:

Florida
@ Arkansas
@ Auburn
UGA
Vandy
@ Ole Miss
@ Kentucky
MSU
@ Florida
@ SC
Bama

We are getting dangersouly close to that dreaded 10+ loss -20 win mark...I think 20-wins gets us in, whether it's in the regular season or including SECT play...We have to finish 8-3 to get to 20-10, which, IMO gets us in with our OOC schedule. Anything under 8-3, then we have to win at least one in the SECT and with out history, I wouldn't bet on that..

Just looking at our schedule, right now i'd have to count @ UF and @ KY as losses...@ Ole Miss is always a tough place to play, as is @ Arkansas, despite how they opened SEC play. We should beat UGA and Vandy at home. MSU will give us fits, and I have no idea how Bama will be playing at season's end, so we have a tough row to hoe...

My prediction is that we finish up 7-4, forcing us to win a SECT game...I'm going to say we win one, putting us in at about a 9-10 seed

UA37
01-29-2009, 08:10 AM
Let's hope not

Dawg
01-29-2009, 08:48 AM
I think with the exposure of Pearl and the tough schedule Tennessee has played this season, UT will make the tournament.

OffThePorch
01-29-2009, 09:59 AM
right now id say yes... but barely...

steelyvan
01-29-2009, 11:23 AM
UT is in.

msudawg4life
01-29-2009, 12:39 PM
I hope so..what a letdown it would be if Tenn did not make it.

orange&white
01-29-2009, 01:50 PM
9 or 10 seed is what I see.

orange&white
01-29-2009, 01:52 PM
Currently 12-7 (3-2), with the remaining schedule:

Florida
@ Arkansas
@ Auburn
UGA
Vandy
@ Ole Miss
@ Kentucky
MSU
@ Florida
@ SC
Bama

We are getting dangersouly close to that dreaded 10+ loss -20 win mark...I think 20-wins gets us in, whether it's in the regular season or including SECT play...We have to finish 8-3 to get to 20-10, which, IMO gets us in with our OOC schedule. Anything under 8-3, then we have to win at least one in the SECT and with out history, I wouldn't bet on that..

Just looking at our schedule, right now i'd have to count @ UF and @ KY as losses...@ Ole Miss is always a tough place to play, as is @ Arkansas, despite how they opened SEC play. We should beat UGA and Vandy at home. MSU will give us fits, and I have no idea how Bama will be playing at season's end, so we have a tough row to hoe...

My prediction is that we finish up 7-4, forcing us to win a SECT game...I'm going to say we win one, putting us in at about a 9-10 seed

IF UT goes 10-6 in the SEC with wins over Marquette, Siena, and Georgetown and no bad losses they will get in for sure. The teams that barely get in usually have no really good wins and several bad losses.

Tennessee
01-29-2009, 01:54 PM
IF UT goes 10-6 in the SEC with wins over Marquette, Siena, and Georgetown and no bad losses they will get in for sure. The teams that barely get in usually have no really good wins and several bad losses.

Good point...WHen I did this I didn't even look at the fact that 7-4 would get us to 10-6, I was looking at overall record...I agree with you

GoBigO
01-29-2009, 10:03 PM
Vols get in despite some of the fans and their cry to ouster Pearl. :rolleyes: