Bama @ Arkansas [Archive] - SEC Sports Forum | SEC Basketball | SEC Football

PDA

View Full Version : Bama @ Arkansas

UA37
01-27-2009, 10:36 AM
One of theses teams is going to get a much needed win. Who do ya got?

BamaHoHo
01-27-2009, 11:52 AM
Whit the coaching change, I think Bama wins.

SkyAntoine
01-27-2009, 12:02 PM
I can't imagine the Hogs slipping any more. IMO the coaching change for Bama will have a short-term negative effect on the team.

Hogs by 6.

steelyvan
01-27-2009, 12:31 PM
if the game was at Bama i might bet on them. but on the road i'll expect the home team to win.

UA37
01-29-2009, 08:54 AM
I hope Bama can take this one so we can get back on track to finishing at least 8-8 in the conference. It seems like Pearson will play Brock and Jemison more. It'll be interesting to see what changes he makes. If we get some good point guard play, we can win this one. Of course, we could get ran out of the gym too.

Bama 72-68

steelyvan
01-29-2009, 11:15 AM
team focus the last few days has been to finish games with intensity. let's see how Bama plays down the stretch tonight.

Extra Point
01-29-2009, 03:17 PM
I can't imagine the Hogs slipping any more. IMO the coaching change for Bama will have a short-term negative effect on the team.

Hogs by 6.

I don't see us playing as well as we did in December again this season...too many internal problems right now. Plus, we will be without Moore who is suspended and likely without Monk who the UofA is holding out (unless they change their minds). Henry is having trouble with his surgically repaired knee and only saw around 6 minutes in our last game. I see Bama taking this one.

FWIW, Bama flew into Fort Smith airport which is about 60 miles south of Fayetteville and busing up to Bud Walton Arena. No hotel rooms available up this direction.

LSUTigers1404
01-29-2009, 04:44 PM
I think Arkansas gets it together and wins this one.

Hogger
01-29-2009, 06:25 PM
I have a hard time predicting we'll win any game now. We haven't come close to winning an SEC game yet. Hopefully, we can pull this one out.

The crowd will be small because of the ice storm that hit NW Arkansas. Students can get in free. But, there won't be many people driving from central Arkansas to see the game.

AlaGator
01-29-2009, 09:40 PM
I wish Alabama would win, but they are losing at the present moment.....

Extra Point
01-29-2009, 09:51 PM
I have a hard time predicting we'll win any game now. We haven't come close to winning an SEC game yet. Hopefully, we can pull this one out.

The crowd will be small because of the ice storm that hit NW Arkansas. Students can get in free. But, there won't be many people driving from central Arkansas to see the game.

Roads are not a problem. It's the fact that so many in the upper half of the state are without power and have been since Monday night or Tuesday morning. A basketball game is very secondary to many people right now.

AlaGator
01-29-2009, 09:56 PM
Sorry to hear about all the bad weather in Arkansas right now. I hope it soon improves. I heard that many of you are without power.

BergeLSU
01-29-2009, 10:02 PM
Will hog64 come out of his hole if Arkansas wins this game?

AlaGator
01-29-2009, 10:38 PM
It looks like Bama won't win this one.

Fatboy
01-29-2009, 11:08 PM
What did the score end up being?

msudawgs1964
01-29-2009, 11:47 PM
89-80-Hogs

batmanthelegend
01-30-2009, 02:39 AM
One bad team had to win against another bad team. Meaningless game.

UA37
01-30-2009, 08:39 AM
Oh man, got a losing streak? schedule Bama. Gah, that was rough. Clarke really worked us. Pearson looked comfortable in the head coaching role. I hope we can get things turned around and at least make the NIT. Thank God we have Georgia next and then another road game that's a possible win.

steelyvan
01-30-2009, 09:27 AM
UA, CPP looking comfortable? Does any coach on Bama's team coach shot selection? Can they run any plays to generate good/open three point shots taken by the team members who actually are good shooters and not chuckers hoping for prayers to be answered? I know its early in this transition but I had hoped to see something more than "more of the same".

UA37
01-30-2009, 09:34 AM
UA, CPP looking comfortable? Does any coach on Bama's team coach shot selection? Can they run any plays to generate good/open three point shots taken by the team members who actually are good shooters and not chuckers hoping for prayers to be answered? I know its early in this transition but I had hoped to see something more than "more of the same".

Comfortable in terms of body language and how he handled himself on the sideline. He looked likehe's been there before. To the team, yes we still play awful. I thought Brock was our best guard. I wish we'd just turn the team over to him.

Extra Point
01-30-2009, 10:14 AM
From watching the players interact, it looks like we have made some headway in agreeing on winning being a common goal despite what the players think of one another. I hope we can carry that through to the end of the season.

Our defense is still average at best, but it was good to see us get back on track offensively. We averaged 59 ppg during our 4 game losing streak, so 89 should be a confidence builder. I think Fortson was great distributing the basketball and we shot well from the FT line as a team.

Hopefully we take our confidence with us down to Baton Rouge on Saturday.

steelyvan
01-30-2009, 10:27 AM
UA, I like Brock, too. He is a better choice shooting the 3 than any of the others who play. He has a savvy floor game as well.

Just Some Hog Dude
01-30-2009, 08:54 PM
I don't know what to think of this game bacause of Gottfried's departure.