There are two ways to having a successful, winning program in college b-ball, but.... [Archive] - SEC Sports Forum | SEC Basketball | SEC Football

PDA

View Full Version : There are two ways to having a successful, winning program in college b-ball, but....

batmanthelegend
01-24-2009, 09:37 PM
A combination of two tings of being an elite program.

To me there are two ways to successful winning program in college basketball....either recuit 5 star after 5 star and get a dominate team to cover up your coaching flaws (Texas, Michigan St.) or get a nice talented team of full of 4 or 3 star guys that are very very well coached (PITT, Gonzaga, Wisconsin).

But to be an ELITE Program you have to have both...and theres were your UNC's, Kansas's, Duke's, and UCLA's come in.

What do you guys think of that thinking?

Right now, My Razorbacks have neither or. We are second tier.

XPS
01-24-2009, 09:42 PM
A combination of two tings of being an elite program.

To me there are two ways to successful winning program in college basketball....either recuit 5 star after 5 star and get a dominate team to cover up your coaching flaws (Texas, Michigan St.) or get a nice talented team of full of 4 or 3 star guys that are very very well coached (PITT, Gonzaga, Wisconsin).

But to be an ELITE Program you have to have both...and theres were your UNC's, Kansas's, Duke's, and UCLA's come in.

What do you guys think of that thinking?

Right now, My Razorbacks have neither or. We are second tier.

More like 4th tier, no offense...

Wronghorns
01-24-2009, 09:44 PM
More like 4th tier, no offense...

Then I guess Texas and Oklahoma are 5th tier.