Auburn @ Arkansas [Archive] - SEC Sports Forum | SEC Basketball | SEC Football

PDA

View Full Version : Auburn @ Arkansas

Hogger
01-24-2009, 01:31 PM
Auburn is up early, 26-21, 7:43 to go.

They are now 7/9 on 3's. They are hitting ridiculous shots so far. Once they settle down and stop shooting 77.7% of their 3's I feel like we'll take control.

shanksta13
01-24-2009, 01:34 PM
Make it 8 for 11...

Hogger
01-24-2009, 01:40 PM
Our defense is terrible.

MKAU
01-24-2009, 01:51 PM
If Auburn scores as much as 30 the second half they'll win. Guaranteed.

RailroadGin
01-24-2009, 02:07 PM
Mark Sanchez is useless. He just followed the fast break guy out of bounds.

LSUTigers1404
01-24-2009, 02:19 PM
What is Arkansas' problem this year?

sabanocchio
01-24-2009, 02:39 PM
Wow. Is this the Arkansas team that the Hog fans kept telling us was the best in the SEC? Actually I was one of the few pointing out that you guys were going to struggle and I was labeled a homer and given neg rep by some anonymous Hog poster. Hmmm...perhaps that was a pretty good prediction after all.

Djshockley3
01-24-2009, 02:44 PM
Is this the same team that could beat UNC? According to Hog64.

Hogger
01-24-2009, 02:45 PM
Wow. We are terrible.

sabanocchio
01-24-2009, 02:50 PM
I won't kick the good Hog fans while you're down anymore, but to the two idiot homers that neg-repped me, I TOLD YOU SO.

Hogger
01-24-2009, 02:50 PM
Is this the same team that could beat UNC? According to Hog64.

The only good thing about our losing streak is 64 stays away. He doesn't like to come back and admit he was wrong.

MSUado
01-24-2009, 02:55 PM
Wow Arkansas. Just wow. Arkansas has turned into the team that everyone thought they would be before the season started.

msudawgs1964
01-24-2009, 02:55 PM
If Auburn scores as much as 30 the second half they'll win. Guaranteed.

good call..

georgiaguy31015
01-24-2009, 02:57 PM
The only good thing about our losing streak is 64 stays away. He doesn't like to come back and admit he was wrong.

That's not good that's boring lol. Besides now would be the perfect time to go after him but I can wait. Congrats on the win Auburn.

Hogger
01-24-2009, 02:58 PM
I wish I knew what has happened to us. I'm completely stumped how we could go from beating teams like OU and Texas to losing at home to a team like Auburn by 20+ points.

Imo, there's something going on, chemistry-wise, that we don't know about. There have been rumors of chemistry issues between some of the players. And, I'm starting to think they're true.

No offense to Auburn, but there's no way they should be coming into BWA and beat us like they did today.

steelyvan
01-24-2009, 02:59 PM
First: Congrats Auburn
Second: Can someone explain the recent Arkansas performances?
I had Pel as the OOC COY. Then what?

SkyAntoine
01-24-2009, 03:06 PM
Auburn surprised me this week with their blue collar play. Great win, Tigers!

As far as the Hogs, I want Pel to succeed as much as anyone except for one regular season game this year. But, I'm a little like Sabanocchio in calling this after the two big Hog wins when I said I hoped the Hogs had not peaked too soon. I was a little worried about them mentally staying up thru the SEC. Time to regroup.

thethird
01-24-2009, 03:14 PM
Good performance by Auburn. Down right horrible shooting by ARK down the stretch - going cold doesn't even begin to describe it. The pigs got problems.

ConwayGamecock
01-24-2009, 04:15 PM
Arkansas has now lost to all 4 of it's SEC opponents by an average of 15 points....they are not even competitive, now.....there HAS to be something rotten in Pelphfry-ville.....

Texaubie
01-24-2009, 04:45 PM
Batboy has some explaining to do. Guess you not wanting to talk about the hogs now son?

msudawg4life
01-24-2009, 04:50 PM
hogs were playing above their head before SEC...now they are playing out of their a$$

sabanocchio
01-24-2009, 04:53 PM
Arkansas has now lost to all 4 of it's SEC opponents by an average of 15 points....they are not even competitive, now.....there HAS to be something rotten in Pelphfry-ville.....

I'd look at Pelphrey himself. He's likely pooped his drawers.

Friedchickenman
01-24-2009, 05:08 PM
Maybe Auburn's just not as bad as all of you would like to think. Auburn was tied with 7:00 to go against Kentucky, lost in the last minute or so against Florida and blew out Bama and Arkansas, along with being on a 9-3 run in our last 12 games. Not saying we're great but I think we're a pretty good squad.

MKAU
01-24-2009, 05:29 PM
Maybe Auburn's just not as bad as all of you would like to think. Auburn was tied with 7:00 to go against Kentucky, lost in the last minute or so against Florida and blew out Bama and Arkansas, along with being on a 9-3 run in our last 12 games. Not saying we're great but I think we're a pretty good squad.I wouldn't worry about it. These people have been ignoring Auburn all along, despite my efforts to tell them what's to come. Then they act surprised when they get beat. Auburn has only had one dissappointing result so far, and that was South Carolina.

Granted, Arkansas did play pretty badly in the 2nd half. The 1st half was exactly what to expect out of Auburn, defensively. "Auburn" started off hot, but it was mostly Tay Waller just being Tay Waller. That was really no surprise at all if people knew anything about this team. Offensively Auburn performed at just barely above average, and defensively played a typical Auburn style game.

In the end Auburn will get a 1st round bye in the SEC tourny. There was nothing surprising about the results of this game at all to those who pay attention, except for Arkansas's complete absence the last few minutes of the 2nd half.

ConwayGamecock
01-24-2009, 05:48 PM
Maybe Auburn's just not as bad as all of you would like to think. Auburn was tied with 7:00 to go against Kentucky, lost in the last minute or so against Florida and blew out Bama and Arkansas, along with being on a 9-3 run in our last 12 games. Not saying we're great but I think we're a pretty good squad.

I don't think that's it. One, Arkansas was thought to be one of the better teams in the WEST, and second, they are 0-4....

LSUTigers1404
01-24-2009, 06:32 PM
I wouldn't worry about it. These people have been ignoring Auburn all along, despite my efforts to tell them what's to come. Then they act surprised when they get beat. Auburn has only had one dissappointing result so far, and that was South Carolina.

Granted, Arkansas did play pretty badly in the 2nd half. The 1st half was exactly what to expect out of Auburn, defensively. "Auburn" started off hot, but it was mostly Tay Waller just being Tay Waller. That was really no surprise at all if people knew anything about this team. Offensively Auburn performed at just barely above average, and defensively played a typical Auburn style game.

In the end Auburn will get a 1st round bye in the SEC tourny. There was nothing surprising about the results of this game at all to those who pay attention, except for Arkansas's complete absence the last few minutes of the 2nd half.

Well people tend to ignore teams that are below .500 in conference play. However you want to spin the losses, you are 2-3. If you string a few wins together, people will take notice.

msudawgs1964
01-24-2009, 06:39 PM
I don't think that's it. One, Arkansas was thought to be one of the better teams in the WEST, and second, they are 0-4....

they were predicted last in the SEC West preseason by just about everyone for a reason, so yeah, that may be it.

MKAU
01-24-2009, 07:00 PM
Well people tend to ignore teams that are below .500 in conference play. However you want to spin the losses, you are 2-3. If you string a few wins together, people will take notice.That's fair. I'm not saying they are world beaters. 8-8 conference record is all I expect. As I said their only dissappointing result was at South Carolina. Did you expect Auburn to beat Florida and at Kentucky? I didn't, but I was satisfied with the results because they gave themselves a chance in both games.

XPS
01-24-2009, 08:13 PM
I love watching Auburn play, they play so hard...