And then there was one [Archive] - SEC Sports Forum | SEC Basketball | SEC Football

PDA

View Full Version : And then there was one

kentubbybasketball
01-22-2009, 12:39 PM
UK is the lone unbeaten team in SEC play, and we've likely played one of the two toughest road games on our schedule (@ UT).

Does this put UK atop a power rankings poll, especially with the way Jodie Meeks has carved up the SEC in getting over 20 points each game?

Dawg
01-22-2009, 12:43 PM
...and the head grows larger....

WATCH OUT! IT'S GOING TO BLOOOOOOOOW!

kentubbybasketball
01-22-2009, 12:46 PM
I must say BTW, Florida's loss shouldn't "demote" them too much. Although, I picked the Gators, USC is a tough team and when you consider it was a road game, it's a pretty good performance for them... I'd still have them at #3, behind

1. Kentucky
2. LSU
3. Florida

Vandy420
01-22-2009, 12:48 PM
UK will be beat....soon. And you will have plenty of time to make excuses why you lost, and why you are still "#1" in your own mind.

kentubbybasketball
01-22-2009, 12:51 PM
I'm sure UK will lose as well. But, I am grateful that we passed the toughest test on paper in the league (an at UT game). Now, Florida is the toughest left for us.

SkyAntoine
01-22-2009, 12:56 PM
UK will be beat....soon. And you will have plenty of time to make excuses why you lost, and why you are still "#1" in your own mind.

You don't know that for a fact, so the only logical thing to do at this point is assume we will go undefeated in the SEC. How can you dispute that?

Vandy420
01-22-2009, 01:16 PM
yea whatever you say. :we:

VandyChuck
01-22-2009, 01:19 PM
...and the head grows larger....

WATCH OUT! IT'S GOING TO BLOOOOOOOOW!

Crap. I got splattered.

weegeman
01-22-2009, 02:50 PM
KT's head will really blow when we pull a Tubby and go undefeated in SEC play again...

kentubbybasketball
01-22-2009, 02:55 PM
I wonder if Gillispie does it this year? With Patterson's finger injury, it's doubtful. But, I think outside of @ Florida, we should be favored... UK may not play another ranked team the whole way thru the rest of this season until the NCAAT.

weegeman
01-22-2009, 02:59 PM
I don't expect it to happen. I think we'll finish at 14-2, but until someone beats us I won't say it's impossible. The turnover problem still rears its ugly head enough for us to drop any game at any time. If that problem didn't exist I would say we have a legitimate chance to run the table.

kentubbybasketball
01-22-2009, 03:03 PM
Those two losses? @ UF likely, but what else?

weegeman
01-22-2009, 03:05 PM

Not sure. I just think the turnover problem will come back to haunt us at some point. Maybe at Vandy, Tenn at home, LSU, at So. Carolina if Downey were to blow up... there are several potential losses out there.

kentubbybasketball
01-22-2009, 03:07 PM
Yeah, I definitely agree. Our starters had all 22 turnovers last night. But, a lot of those turnovers were careless (two of Porter's in the second half for instance). I really feel like Porter has turned the corner on that, although last night doesn't indicate that.

I love our defense, and if we can keep getting Meeks and Patterson the ball, great things will happen.

orange&white
01-22-2009, 03:07 PM

UK could easily lose @ Florida, @ Vandy,@ South Carolina, or @ Arkansas. Plus they still have home games with Tennessee and LSU. I think the Cats go 12-4.

weegeman
01-22-2009, 03:10 PM
Yeah, I left out @Arkansas by accident. If the same team showed up who beat Oklahoma and Texas we could drop that one for sure. I would be really surprised if we dropped four of those games though.

kentubbybasketball
01-22-2009, 03:11 PM
UK could easily lose @ Florida, @ Vandy,@ South Carolina, or @ Arkansas. Plus they still have home games with Tennessee and LSU. I think the Cats go 12-4.

UK's not gonna "easily" lose any game, not with having the two best players in the league. I'm sure the other 11 coaches would say it wouldn't be "easy" to beat UK, with the way we play defense. Granted, we could lose those games, but the only way it will be easy is if UK doesn't put up a fight, which may happen a time or two. FWIW, we still have a game with UGA... that could be a loss... nothing is guaranteed.

orange&white
01-22-2009, 03:26 PM
UK's not gonna "easily" lose any game, not with having the two best players in the league. I'm sure the other 11 coaches would say it wouldn't be "easy" to beat UK, with the way we play defense. Granted, we could lose those games, but the only way it will be easy is if UK doesn't put up a fight, which may happen a time or two. FWIW, we still have a game with UGA... that could be a loss... nothing is guaranteed.

If you can't understand the context easily is used there then I'm not going to bother explaining it to you.

kentubbybasketball
01-22-2009, 03:28 PM
No, I understand the context fully well, but I don't think you can say UK will easily lose any game. I disagree with the concept. What I take you to be saying is it's highly possible UK could lose those games... and other than @ Arkansas and @ Florida, I think that's false, simply because UK will likely be favored in all but those games.

IMO, UK could "just as easily" win those games.