Congrats LSU [Archive] - SEC Sports Forum | SEC Basketball | SEC Football

PDA

View Full Version : Congrats LSU

msudawg4life
01-21-2009, 10:06 PM
Congrats on the nice win tonight....your boys shot lights out......gl until we meet in Starkville.

LSUTigers1404
01-21-2009, 10:12 PM
Congrats on the nice win tonight....your boys shot lights out......gl until we meet in Starkville.

Yea, that makes 3 games in a row where we have won big. Maybe LSU is better than I gave us credit for. See you guys in Starkville.

jrltiger
01-21-2009, 11:00 PM
Thanks. I was at the game and it was a great atmosphere. Definitely one of the best I've seen at LSU in a long time. Great to finally get a good crowd in and see some exciting basketball. Thornton was an animal tonight, as was Mitchell.

But I'm sure State will be ready when we go to Starkville. The West is a complete toss up this year. It's gonna come down to who can win the most on the road, and right now there is no front runner, IMO.

Dawg
01-22-2009, 12:45 PM
I think it comes down to LSU and MSU, and that will be an exciting race.

kentubbybasketball
01-22-2009, 12:52 PM
I guess people can stop laughing at how Ole Miss fared against LSU on Saturday.

BergeLSU
01-22-2009, 02:01 PM
I think it comes down to LSU and MSU, and that will be an exciting race.

I think LSU's season hinges on the game Saturday at home against #15 Xavier.

msudawg4life
01-22-2009, 02:01 PM
not really.....last I checked the LSU/Ole Miss game was @ Ole Miss....playing on the home court makes a big diff.

MSUado
01-22-2009, 02:05 PM

I dont know. Losing at home by 32 is far worse than losing in a hostile environment by 24. I don't expect LSU to win in Starkville.

kentubbybasketball
01-22-2009, 02:25 PM
not really.....last I checked the LSU/Ole Miss game was @ Ole Miss....playing on the home court makes a big diff.

4life, when you're losing by twenty points to anybody (especially in the West) it's a cause for concern regardless of venue. I didn't watch the game, just saw the score, but I assume LSU exposed some things about MSU that people will be able to exploit at or away from the Hump.

OffThePorch
01-22-2009, 03:26 PM
remember how bad UK lost to Vandy last year in Nashville... now stfu...

msudawg4life
01-22-2009, 03:36 PM
4life, when you're losing by twenty points to anybody (especially in the West) it's a cause for concern regardless of venue. I didn't watch the game, just saw the score, but I assume LSU exposed some things about MSU that people will be able to exploit at or away from the Hump.

nothing more was exposed then was already know...people know MSU is not as strong rebounding as they have been in the past...and when you don't shoot well and the other team shoots lights out you are prob not going to win a ball game.....

msudawgs1964
01-22-2009, 05:17 PM

why would we? Last I checked, Ole Miss is our rival, we like for them to get beat. Just because you have an apparent mancrush on Andy Kennedy and love you some Ole Miss basketball don't mean we do.

I actually need to catch up though, I am still laughing at the State-Arkansas game and that fearless prediction and may just continue to laugh at the responses after said game. :rotf:

What concern? This is a team that has shown it cannot rebound offensively and lives by the three as has been mentioned more than once. If the threes ain't falling and the defense ain't working, well that's sports. Nothing exposed that was not already known but we are still 3-1 in the SEC, weak West or not.

kentubbybasketball
01-22-2009, 05:25 PM
Funny how the guilty party always speaks. I never said it was MSU fans that were laughing at the Ole Miss demolition. But, since you put it that way, LSU ripped both MS programs a new one, so neither can laugh at the other too much. I guess Ole Miss could take solace in the fact that they don't have two of their three best guards.

And, since we're laughing at prognostications... go ahead and laugh. I predicted LSU to win the West before the season, and they are looking good right now sitting at one loss themselves in addition to showing MSU how to play hoops.

msudawgs1964
01-22-2009, 05:30 PM
yep and you also said that State would not be able to score more than Arkansas..I guess you win some and lose some. Either way, I am still laughing.

You never said it but I think it was implied being how this was a Congrats LSU thread started by a State fan. I may be wrong, but I doubt it.

I think LSU may be able to rip UK a new one as well..or at least I hope they do. Nothing like the sweet smell of sour grapes when someone from the weak West beats UK or any East team.

kentubbybasketball
01-22-2009, 05:35 PM
Go check the East vs West record for this season so far... actually the last 10 seasons.

leland5
01-22-2009, 05:35 PM
Good LSU win.

MSUado
01-22-2009, 05:37 PM
Funny how the guilty party always speaks. I never said it was MSU fans that were laughing at the Ole Miss demolition. But, since you put it that way, LSU ripped both MS programs a new one, so neither can laugh at the other too much. I guess Ole Miss could take solace in the fact that they don't have two of their three best guards.

I'm not sure they ripped our program a new one. We had beaten them four in a row and that includes a 22 point win in Baton Rouge last year. Considering LSU is the most senior team in the SEC and that they have some serious talent I would say that this win is nothing unexpected. We are still both 3-1 and LSU has to get a win in BWA to match the win that we got in the West.

It's a large margin loss but it still counts as one mark in the L column and we are still tied for the lead in the West. Our freshman pg got a legit taste of what a solid SEC team can look like at home and he only produced 2 points and 2 assists. We'll bounce back.

kentubbybasketball
01-22-2009, 05:39 PM
I understand how it's one loss, but losses like this can snowball with such a young team.

leland5
01-22-2009, 05:42 PM
I understand how it's one loss, but losses like this can snowball with such a young team.
Hey. Also, my friend :)....Mississippi State will be fine.

kentubbybasketball
01-22-2009, 05:45 PM
leland, I don't believe I said they wouldn't be.

Dawg
01-22-2009, 06:36 PM

Lol Kentubby can always hope...

georgiaguy31015
01-22-2009, 08:19 PM
Congrats on the win LSU.