MSU v LSU on Wed night.... [Archive] - SEC Sports Forum | SEC Basketball | SEC Football

PDA

View Full Version : MSU v LSU on Wed night....

msubulldog0610
01-19-2009, 07:50 PM
Who ya got? I think both teams are firing at all cylinders and I hope my Bulldogs are ready to play with the long and athletic Tigers...I think if our 3's are falling, watch out...This could put us at 4-0 and at a big time lead in the SEC West...This is crucial to us winning another SEC Western Division championship..Ur thoughts?

Fatboy
01-19-2009, 08:56 PM
I AM hopeful for a win but I did not pick us in the pick em.

Dawg
01-19-2009, 08:57 PM
I think LSU wins by 10ish. If MSU keeps this close, they've played very well - if they pull off a win, they might be unstoppable in the West.

OffThePorch
01-19-2009, 09:00 PM
im picking LSU... id be happy with a LSU split this season. they're very talented & experienced.

a MSU win would be :clap::cheers:

msudawg4life
01-19-2009, 10:00 PM
All depends on the 3.....and with this team that basically means we have to wait till mid way 2nd half before we come to any conclusions....who knows when they will get hot...we seem to be more of a 2nd half shooting team.

I will say LSU wins around 6-10ish.

LSUTigers1404
01-19-2009, 10:10 PM
We've had 2 victories in a row by wide margins. Of course those wins were against South Carolina and Ole Miss. Miss. State is a better team than both. I don't think this will be as easy. I say LSU wins a really close one.

kentubbybasketball
01-20-2009, 03:26 PM
I think Thornton has to have a great game from the outside in order for LSU to win. Now, Garrett Temple had a great shooting game vs Ole Miss on Saturday (but that's an abberration) as he's a spotty shooter.

What is interesting is you have Temple vs Varnado: the best two positional defenders in the entire league... one from the perimeter and the other from the post.

OffThePorch
01-20-2009, 03:43 PM
We've had 2 victories in a row by wide margins. Of course those wins were against South Carolina and Ole Miss. Miss. State is a better team than both. I don't think this will be as easy. I say LSU wins a really close one.

LSU looked great vs UM. me thinks LSU wins the West.

MSUado
01-20-2009, 06:50 PM
IF we can win this, and that's a big if, I think we'll go on to win the West. That would be a road win over our two biggest competitors this year.

Having said that, I don't think we'll be able to win because LSU is such a strong defensive team and I believe they also lead the league in rebounding margin while we are at the bottom. I love the Jarvis vs. Chris Johnson match up. Johnson is a very underrated player in the SEC.

It should be a good game and I wish it were on tv. LSU wins by 11.

MSUado
01-20-2009, 06:51 PM
LSU looked great vs UM. me thinks LSU wins the West.

I watched a lot of that game today on CSS and I noticed that as good as LSU was, Ole Miss was equally bad. We need to limit LSU on the break and make sure we don't turn it over against them.

OffThePorch
01-20-2009, 07:19 PM
I watched a lot of that game today on CSS and I noticed that as good as LSU was, Ole Miss was equally bad. We need to limit LSU on the break and make sure we don't turn it over against them.

i agree ive seen high school teams look better... im not kidding. it was an awful performance... soft. word is UM is joining the lawsuit with AK's wife.

kentubbybasketball
01-20-2009, 08:04 PM

I don't think that's completely fair to say. Trent Johnson, being the very good coach that he is, did a great job gameplanning for David Huertas, the second highest scorer on average in the SEC. They shut off his water unlike anybody has done all season long... and when that happened, Ole Miss was done. But, this is an Ole MIss team that beat a recently hot Arkansas team.

MSUado
01-20-2009, 08:50 PM
I don't think that's completely fair to say. Trent Johnson, being the very good coach that he is, did a great job gameplanning for David Huertas, the second highest scorer on average in the SEC. They shut off his water unlike anybody has done all season long... and when that happened, Ole Miss was done. But, this is an Ole MIss team that beat a recently hot Arkansas team.

It's not hard to shut down a team with only one option, but you're right, props are definitely due to Trent Johnson. He's done a good job and LSU is a good veteran basketball team that will definitely compete for a West title.

NCMISSSTFAN
01-20-2009, 09:19 PM
LSU is a veteran team with athleticism all over the court. It will be tough to go to there place and get a W. But our guys do have some confidence right now so I wouldn't say it is impossible. I do expect LSU to win it though, but I also expect our guys to fight hard.