Is Andy Landers in trouble? [Archive] - SEC Sports Forum | SEC Basketball | SEC Football

PDA

View Full Version : Is Andy Landers in trouble?

georgiaguy31015
01-19-2009, 09:04 AM
I thought about asking this question in the Dawg Forum but I wanted as many opinions as I could get so I figured I had better odds posting it here. I've noticed that the Georgia Lady Dawgs are having a subpar year by their standards and seem to be keeping their heads just above water at this point. I also know that Landers has been there for around 25 years or better if I'm not mistaken so I ask this question. Is Landers in danger of losing his job? If he does get a reprieve how long will it last? Is he capable of turning it around and getting Georgia back to where they were? Alright that's like three questions but whatever lol. What do yall think? Is it possible Georgia could be looking for a men's and women's coach at the same time?

GDawg88
01-19-2009, 09:14 PM
Landers is living off his reputation, i.e. Bobby Bowden. It doesn't seem like the Lady Dawgs have won a big game in years.

He's not in danger, though.

kentubbybasketball
01-20-2009, 03:08 PM
He's not in danger, but you can slowly see UGA falling. First, it was UT and Auburn as the powers (while Ciampi was at Auburn in the late 80s and early 90s and went to three straight title games). Then, it was UT and UGA in the 1990s. UGA had the 1996 title game and 1999 final four with the Miller twins.

But, ever since UGA is slowly being replaced. First, it was LSU... they have five straight final fours under 4 different coaches (Gunter, Chatman, Starkey, and Chancellor). But, Florida probably has passed UGA too, being ranked this year. Auburn is the SEC's best team maybe. Vandy is up. UK has beaten UGA a couple of times lately.

So, UGA is closer to the pack now, but I'm not sure you ever fire a legend like that.

georgiaguy31015
01-20-2009, 05:51 PM
Thanks for the info guys and I agree with you although I don't like keeping any coach based on what he's done in the past.

kentubbybasketball
01-20-2009, 08:03 PM
But, that's why you keep any coach. Kansas is keeping Bill Self, because he won last year. Now, while last year is different than saying what a guy won 15 years ago, but still the past dictates this whole process.

georgiaguy31015
01-20-2009, 09:05 PM
But, that's why you keep any coach. Kansas is keeping Bill Self, because he won last year. Now, while last year is different than saying what a guy won 15 years ago, but still the past dictates this whole process.

I was just saying what I would do. You are absolutely right last year is different then say 10 years ago or whatever. If that were the case I wouldn't even be asking the question but I've noticed like you that Georgia seems to be slipping.